Oprah Wants Twilight Fans

OprahLogoAccording to Oprah’s website:
“Are you or your kids obsessed with the Twilight series? Have you or your kids read all the books, seen both movies and now you are counting down the days until the release of Eclipse? Have you already made plans for the release of the newest movie in June? Who’s your family’s favorite Twilight star…and why?

Why do you love the story so much? How has it impacted your life? What have you learned from the series and how has it made you a better person? Are you a housewife who’s started a fan club with friends? Do you have a young adult in your family who’s been inspired to write his/her own stories? Has the romance in Twilight sparked the romance in your own relationship?”

There is currently no word on whether  any of the actors will be on the program.
Go to Oprah.com for full details.Via His Golden Eyes

Comments

1. Michelle says:

Thanks for the info. I wrote in!

2. samantha says:

omg i wanna be on Oprah! lol

3. it is about time Twilight start getting some luv. Luv it or hate it you cannot ignore the fact it is a worldwide sensation. I dont think the world has seen anything like it before and it is time for all of the Twilight haters to understand why we luv these books so much and why we will never forget them. Go Eclipse! Cannot wait for Breaking Dawn!

• Michelle says:

I agree with you, cant wait to watch Oprahs show on this topic. I hope some actors from the movies will be there. :) :) :)

• Noah Brighten says:

Actually Twilight Saga isn’t the first series to be embraced by the world, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Chronicles of Narnia, Star Wars, Avatar, Titanic… the list goes on. Having said that though, it IS one of the first series to be embraced almost exclusively by a female audiance – not that only women love the stories, as I’m here, but it is a female majority. Only the most anaine person, would wager that Twilight hasn’t changed things in the film industry… the greater question is, for better or worse? We’ll see…

As for Haters… It seems to me, unfortunately that certain Twilighters seem to group anyone who even questions the books, as a hater.

Folks, a hater is a person who refuses to read/ watch something and yet finds fault. They refuse to take part, and yet pass judgment. We saw stuff like this with Harry Potter and certain “Christian” organizations, who passed it is a bunch of devil books teaching children how to be witches. It was no surprise that NONE of these folks actually read the material.

As a writer (screenwriter), I crave both good or harsh critism. As long as somebody read what I wrote, I’m happy. Doesn’t mean I like what they say, but I tell you what I get a LOT more out of somebody taking time to explain why they didn’t like something, than somebody just saying… “Loved it”.

• Well said ! The world does need to know ! I’ve read many books and none have made me feel this way and it’s great to have the fans tell their story.

4. I am a 29 year old mother of a 4 year old little boy. I didn’t know that Twilight was going to spark my interest in so much more. I now have a love of watching movies, reading magazines, and reading other books besides Twilight. But anything Twilight is all right with me. I love all of the websites and seeing what all of my favorite stars are doing. Kristen is so beautiful and mesmerizing and I love everything she does. Of course, Rob isn’t bad looking either. LOL! She doesn’t know she’s got IT, and she just blows me away. Twilight is about falling in love, and I think, the perfect guy. Who doesn’t want that?

5. Sweet!!!!!

6. I’, a 30 year old woman who was deadset against reading any of the Twilight saga. My 33 year old sister (whom I never really bonded with) was begging me over the holidays to read the books or at least watch the movies. Everytime my answer was “No!” So, one day I got sick, and I noticed that the Twilight movie was on Showtime. Against my better judgement (Thank God) I watched it….felll in love with it, and am now obsessed with it. I read the book saga within 3 days because it was unbearable to put it down. I keep reading them over, and over because I can’t bear the tought of saying “the end” for good. This wonderfully written saga was like a life line for me, I had recently gotten out of an abusive relationship, was struggling to find any sort of “me”, and then… I read these magical books. My sister, and I have a better relationship then we have ever had our WHOLE lives. Now, I am convincing my friends to put aside the notions that these are just for teens. Right now I have a recent P.HD grad so hooked to the series that she won’t leave the house without her book.Favorite characters… I love all of them because they are all so unique, and dedicated to one another. But, it would be Edward and Alice who are my favorites. Edward because you want to believe he exists, and Alice because you want her as your best friend! Thank you, Stephanie Meyer for this wonderful world you have created. If I ever have children these books will sure to be passed down.

• I agree. These books will be passed down and it’s funny how we all share the same story somehow and how we all defend it when others hate on it.

• I agree totally with you Melissa! I never had any desire to read the books or see the movie because I don’t really like vampire stuff or a lot of sci fi. Nov of 2008 I broke my foot really badly and my friend was reading the books. I was laid up for a long time and she said ” You have to read them”. I am so glad I listened! I read all four books back to back and then got the movie! I have it downloaded on my IPOD (along with New Moon now) and watch it almost every night while falling asleep. I have read the books so many times too bacause I don’t want it to end. I am a 33 yr old wife and mom and I love it like a teen! I have shirts, hoodies, bumper stickers, badge pins for work, etc. All my families gives me twilight gifts too! I too was in a slump in my life and had a lot of health stuff going on. The series gave me an escapt to somewhere awesome. I related to Bella a lot in her self confidence and I feel exactly the same way abt Edward and Alice and you! I am glad to know that you are out there feeling similar to how I am!!

7. charity ann says:

It’s in the fine print, but I should point out that you have to be 21 years or older to submit your story.

• That may be true about the fine print and all , But I think that many of us can say (fans of all ages) that Stephenie’s writings has affected us in one way or another (for the better due to the comments always posted by fans). Thank you Stephenie for writing these novels. NO matter your age, most of us can agree that you have changed our lives in so many ways and given us a reason to love books even more. ;)

8. i luv twilight books cause they r so romantic n i also love the characters specilly edward,alice,jacod n bella.i like edward n jacob bc they r so hot n cute.i like alice bc who wouldn’t want a bff like alice n i like bella bc she is so in love with edward that she does not care that edward is a vampire.

9. Gina L. says:

Thanks for the info. I am going to write in. You guys do such a grat job!

10. Jennifer A. says:

Just to say it again I noticed in the fine print you have to be 21 years or older.

• Yeah, luckily I noticed the 21 year old thing right before I started typing lol. That’s kind of a upsetting, I mean, while there are a lot of people older than 21 who love Twilight…wasn’t the series kind of meant for young adult readers (aka people 12-18)? That’s a lot of disappointed fans! Too bad…I really wanted to enter T_T

11. Maelina says:

So this might mean that the cast is going to be on Oprah’s show. Can’t say I look forward to that, I don’t like Oprah’s style of interviewing people, she always talks more than the guests.

12. Kelly Palo says:

I am a mom of 3 children and I wasn’t a twilight fan from the start. I remember picking up the book and reading the inside cover and thinking “This really sounds cheesy. A Sparkling vampire ? No thanks.” It wasn’t until I saw the trailer for New Moon that I got curious. There seemed to be a deep story and I wanted to know more about it. I read the first book in 3 days. Loved it!! I absolutely loved the first love feeling you got from it. Even though I couldn’t really afford it I bought the second book and practically begged my mom (that’s right MY MOM!!) to buy the other two novels. Now I can’t get enough. I have seen both movies (although New Moon is still my favorite) , collected the board games and I am working on getting all the special edition hardbacks. And if that wasn’t enough ever since I saw Stephanie Meyer on Oprah and heard her story, I, myself, have decided to write my own novel as an escape (not vampire related). So what does the hubbie think? Initially it was the occasional eye roll and could you stop comparing me to Edward remarks. Now since he has seen both movies he has gotten interested in what the fuss is about. For me all the books are almost a like a guilty pleasure. It is like escaping into a fantasy world where the man is witty, handsome, thoughtful, and dangerous. In a nutshell perfect. Oh to live in a world where I would look perfect with a perfect man. Thanks for the fantasy Stephanie.

13. i sent a story in on how me and my kinda-bf met: you guessed it, Twilight.

14. leftcoastgirlie says:

So difficult to describe how much the saga means in under 2000 characters! Had to use word and a character counter. So much edited out. Here is where I found the counter if anyone needs it.

15. Oprah, I love Twilight soooooo much!!!! Please pick me!!!! to represent!!!!!!!!

16. You have to be at least 21 years old though. :’( So I can’t enter.

17. I’d love to get to be on Oprah’s show or even in the audience, but I’m too chicken to send in a story. You see, I found Twilight in March of last year when my marriage began crumbling. Reading about Bella and Edward’s love kept me believing in love and kept me from being so bitter. It occupied my time when I would otherwise be having a pity party or doing something stupid. My marriage is still on the rocks, but reading these books has lead me to find other books I enjoy and some great online friends who make me feel like I am worth it and I can do anything. I am currently writing some fanfic for a contest!
    If I were to be contacted by Oprah, though, my husband would probably not be so happy about the nation hearing all this! But I am a better/happier person because of Twilight. :)

18. Suzette P says:

I love Twilight! Its amazing it awakens the passion that I once had, it takes me(and everyone who reads it)to a very deep lovely escape(One where your not a mother of 4 sons and have a pain in the neck for a husband, Lol ) I have watched Twilight probably over 100 times, New Moon only about 10 times. I’ve read all the books twice. I read them when I fly, I dont even remember Im flying and if we hit turbulance and crashing and dying cross my mind I dont care because Im deep in fantasy land with my Edward. Yes I could go down in ball flames with Edward on the brain and wouldnt care. I have 3 posters and a beatiful chauk picture of Edward in my room my husband just learned to get over it especially if he wanted dinner made ever again and his laundry done! I have the all Saints bracelet, I wear all time, only real fans notice it(or shall I say people completely obsessed with Twilight). Twifans are the best, I have to go now Muse is singing me to sleep……..

19. When is the deadline for submissions and when will the fan be announced?

20. Brittney Bradford says:

Two days ago a lady named Julie called me with the good news. I won two tickets for the show, where the twilight cast will be. So far the only people I know that will be there is, of course Robert Pattinson, Kristen Stewart, and Taylor Lautner. But I think the best part of that news is that on May 4th, the day before the twilight taping, there will be an Eclipse screening. Thanks so much for the heads up. If twilightlexicon had not have posted it I would not had heard about it otherwise. :-)

21. Dawn Dugger says:

HI Oprah, I just want to start out by saying YOU ARE A TRUE ANGEL SENT BY GOD!!!! My daughter Mandolin is a HUGE!!!!! TWILIGHT FAN every inch of her room is covered! I am a single mom of 4 children my daughter being the oldest she is 14, I have a 11 year old son and 4 year old twins (a Boy & Girl).Oprah I have been out of work due to illness and I am getting ready to have my sixth knee surgery.Oprah I feel so bad that I have took my daughters childhood away she is a WONDERFUL! young lady she helps me sooo much with the twins and the house work. One day she saw me crying and she ask me mom what is wrong? Well how do you tell your child we are about to lose our home and our only means of transportation is really about to fall apart.A few minutes later she brings me her birthday money that she has been saving up to go see Eclipse and other things and she told me it is not much but you take it WELL I was crying very much by then.Oprah I would VERY MUCH LOVE TO MAKE A WISH come true for her .CAN YOU PLEASE HELP ME! LOVE YOU ALWAYS! Dawn

1. [...] twilight lexicon Ti piace questo articolo? Condividilo sul tuo Facebook, Myspace, Twitter.. Clicca sui bottoni [...]