Jacob’s New Moon Song Poll

Ok I know it has been awhile since we last had a poll.  Things were very hectic for me this summer so unfortunately this was not posted way back when we asked for song suggestions but it’s here now!!  So below you will find Jacob’s New Moon Song Poll with links to each song except for Everlasting Friend because I couldn’t find one. =(  And before I get a bunch of emails and a ton of comments I understand that Fix You by Coldplay is technically an Edward song according to Stephenie’s playlist however an overwhelming number of people thought it fit for Jacob as well so I included it. OK the reason people chose Fix You for Jacob is because it is a Jacob song!!! Clearly need to get some more coffee.

As always this poll is for fun and has no bearing on the New Moon Soundtrack. Enjoy!

If It Kills Me by Jason Mraz

Rainy Monday by Shiny Toy Gun

Break Myself by Something Corporate

What Have You Done by Within Temptation

Animal I Have Become by Three Days Grace

It’s Not Over by Daughtry

Everlasting Friend by Blue October

Comments

1. I know i love all the songs but i think i have one that lyrically is Jacob. If She Knew by Lemar but thinking about I think it’s more a Edward song. For what it’s worth some lyrics.

If She Knew by Lemar: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAqOrAepWgo

• “The Kill” by 30 Seconds to Mars is a perfect Jacob song for Breaking Dawn when Bella gets preggers.

“Animal I Have Become” by Three Days Grace is a perfect Jacob song for New Moon when he first starts to shapeshift. And it is definitely a song I could see Jacob listening to in the movie since it’s a rock/metal song.

“Fix You” by Coldplay is a perfect Jacob song for New Moon when Bella goes all comatose.

And “If It Kills Me” by Jason Mraz has the perfect lyrics of a Jacob song for New Moon but the rhythm of the song is vapid… but then again, the way it is sung would resemble how Jacob would sing it if he decided to serenade Bella.

2. anjenette says:

I say If It Kills Me by Jason Mraz is perfect….it doesn’t seem much of like a song that would be in new moon but it’s perfect for Jacob and how he’s feeling with Bella.

• i completely agree. If It kills Me is a perfect song for how Jacob feels about Bella. the lyrics could not be more spot on with how he feels about her.

3. Just an FYI, Stephenie’s New Moon playlist on her website actually does list “Fix You” as being a Jacob song, not Edward. “The Scientist” is Edward’s Coldplay song from New Moon.

4. I think that “All I Need” by Within Temptation should be in the movie. Definately a Twilight song.

5. I think Your Guardian Angel is a Bella/Edward song. That;s just my opinion. but for Jacob i think Animal I Have Become or Save You. The song by Jason Mraz…. great words but the tune just doesn’t fit.

6. I have so many Jacob songs that didn’t make the list so I picked the only one that did…. “Fix You” by Coldplay

7. Twi~dancer72 says:

Save you is perfect! And so is Animal I Have Become and If It Kills Me

8. I emailed you a while ago about If it Kills Me because I was curious if other people heard all of Jacob’s feelings in it like I did. Thanks.

9. save you by sp

10. Caitlin P. says:

Your Guardian Angel….wasn’t that the song that Twilighters voted as the theme song for Twilight on Kaleb’s (twilightguy) blog? that song is, and always will be, SUCH an Edward and Bella song to me.

“Fix You” by Coldplay. I used to cry every time I heard it and thought about Jacob.

11. The Trading Yesterday song sounds like Bella to me,
    “love will kill and save me”
    “but the same love will take this heart that’s barely beating”

12. I chose animal I have become because it made me laugh and think of Jacob and Paul fighting. Silly me I know.

I absolutely love Red Jumpsuit and I love that song but for some reason I heard as being more of a Bella/Renesmee song for Breaking Dawn and I kind of heard It’s not over as more of a Bella/Edward song. Again maybe that’s just me. XD

13. my never by Blue october…shoulda been on there..thats my Jacob song <33 but yeah..Fix you actually made me cry when i compared it to Jacob

14. and i always thought of Animal i have become…its on my ipod..and i replace the words with WOLF I HAVE BECOME haha

15. oh my god…your guardian angel…is so a Jacob song…

16. I LOVE the song All Over You by The Spill Canvas. For those of you listening to the songs, just wait until the song gets past the second verse… It fits Jacob PERFECTLY. I love how it has a more intense sound (more animalistic in my opinion). The slower songs just simply don’t remind me of Jacob. I always imagined him to enjoy music with a stronger tone than, say, Coldplay.

My favorite phrases from the song… “Yeah, he’s a looker, but I think it’s guts that matter most. I displayed them for you, strewn out about from coast to coast…” and “Why can’t you just love me back?”

17. This may not be a ‘jacob song’, but Shattered Dreams, by Johnny Hates Jazz keeps coming up on my playlist of Twilight songs. Okay, my age is showing, but listen. Isn’t this a perfect Bella song?

18. OMG i never realized that Rob Thomas song fit so well.
    wow.
    of the list, i would def choose ‘All Over You’

19. ‘the animal i have become’ by three days grace is just too ironic to be his song. i like that one ‘your guardian angel’ by the red jumpsuit apparatus. it’s sweet <3

20. “Animal I Have Become” is Edward’s. It’s on the Midnight Sun playlist.

I always liked “Fix You” for Jacob. (Maybe you thought it was labeled Edward because a different Coldplay song, “The Scientist” is Edward)

21. I know this is jumping way forward, but whenever I hear “Congratulations” by Blue October, I think of Jacob. Maybe not so much on New Moon, but in the songs it’s like he is trying to say, i want to be happy for you, but I can’t stop loving you, you always have my heart.

That used to be my least fav of Blue October’s songs, till after I read the whole saga, and happened to hear it in a whole different way. It made me so sad.

22. Fix You by Coldplay i think is more of a Carlisle song.
    Your Guardian Angel by Red Jump Apparatus is actually more of an edward song in my opinion.

23. I like the If it Kills me a lot. But I also like the song Your Guardian Angel by Red Jumpsuit apparatus, like really love it! And the other one I like is Animal I have become I think that song is perfect for inside Jacob’s head when he first changes how he feels about himself because at that point he really hates who he’s become.

24. I really like that “Talk You Down” song. It really fits, IMO. But I DEFINITELY vote for “Save You” by Simple Plan. Perfect.

25. Anything by Within Temptation should be in the new film :p

26. I think ‘Congratulations’ by Blue October is a definite Jacob song. :] So add that to the list!

Also, ‘Lost’ by Michael Buble…

27. I think that all the songs aren’t focusing on other aspects of Jacob than his love for Bella. But I may have misread the note.

But for my vote out of the given options, Guardian Angel or What Have You Done get my vote.

28. Elizabeth says:

Do you know what I think is a PERFECT song for Bella’s New Moon feelings towards Jacob? Thinking of You by Katy Perry.

I think it fits like a glove.

29. Definitely “If It Kills Me.” That song makes me feel the way Jacob feels…”Guardian Angel” is completely an Edward/Bella song, like when they get back from Italy and he wants her to believe that he’s going to stay, but gives her the option to make him leave…he wants her to stay though…But “If It Kills Me” really reminds me of New Moon a lot. It gives me chills.

30. I think the lyrics of ‘Everything I saved you from’ by Manic Bloom are perfect for Jacob when Bella is leaving with Alice to Italy, but Fix you it’s Jacob’s song for the whole book

31. Wow, have you guys seen this…??

32. Your Guardian Angel OF COURSE!

33. Twinonymous says:

I think a song that fits bellas feeling towards Jacob perfectly is You Found Me by Kelly Clarkson. It’s PERFECT.

34. Actually for me perfect Jacob Song is Death Cab For Cutie’s “Lack of color”. But it is not only for New Moon, Eclipse too. Check it out.

35. Fix You & The Kill

36. Rainy Monday. Song is perfect

37. xxCullenPrincessxx says:

I think at the end of eclipse and start of breaking dawn the perfect song for Jacob is A drop in the ocean by ron pope. It’s about running away from a girl cuz she doesn’t love you. There’s also a line where it says ‘I wonder how you keep warm’ so that’s coo too.
    :D

38. MrsLautner09 says:

I think the songs Almost Lover and Pain should be in the movie. I just think of New Moon when I hear them!Except Pain is sort of upbeat for New Moon!

39. FilDeCuivre says:

Wow! There’s FINNISH song in the poll! I had to read it a few times to really get that! Wow, amazingness! I’m a little overreacting but whatever! You don’t get to see Finnish songs end up in TL’s poll’s every day!
    Oh and the song’s Guardian Angel by Lovex :D

And the song I’d choose for the best Jacob song is… It’s Not Over by Chris Daughtry because I just simply hate Coldplay. Nothing personal against the people who’ve voted for their song, though :)

40. Jacob luver says:

well i had a SUPER hard time to pick just one song! all of em were just so awesome, the three i narrowed down to were :
    Fix You by Coldplay
    Animal i have become by three days grace
    It’s not over by chris daughtry
    but after i realized tht it’s not over is more of a song for when jacob and bella say goodbye to eachother and animal i have become is good for when jake transforms and fix you is good for when bella is still in deep depression mode! but i had to pick one so i picked animal i have become since it most related to jacob as a werewolf!

41. I have to vote for Within Temptation, I love their songs :)
    My second choice would be Three Days Grace :)

42. I think that out of control by hoobastank would be a Jacob song or breaking Inside by Shinedown

43. Have you guys ever heard “To Make You Feel My Love” by Bob Dylan? It’s also been covered by Adele in her album 19. I think Garth Brooks covered it years ago as well. I love that song. Now whenever I hear it, it makes me think of Jacob. Grudgingly. But I think it would fit better in Eclipse than New Moon.

44. Hey everyone! Does anyone else think that halo by Beyonce would be a great song for New Moon? If you listen to the lyrics, it has a lot of lines that kind of describe what bella feels… :P

45. AWWWWWWWWW OMGGGGGG your gaurdian angel is SOOO PERFECT!!!!! like in the end of new moon when jacob is all sad b/c stupid bella goes back to stupid edward when she could’ve been with JACOB!!!

46. Animal I Have Become by Three Days Grace.

47. I like Fix You alot, I have it on my ipod and I think it goes great with new moon! If it Kills Me totally fits, but I’m not sure if it would be good in the movie though…But someone suggested Almost Lover by Fine Frenzy and Thinking of You by Katy Perry, and I agree they totally fit New Moon.

48. your guardian angel is SOOOO PERFECT!!! i can SOO PICTURE JACOB WITH IT!!!! :*]

49. Just a comment, another song that woulg go well with New Moon is Can’t Have You by Jonas Brothers. It’s a really pretty song and people should totally give it a chance!

50. Leave Out All the Rest (of Twilight soundtrack fame) IS Jacob’s song in the middle and end of Eclipse. JUst listen to it once or twice and think about how Jacob feels in Eclipse. You will TOTALLY see why I am saying this.

1. […] from Twilight lexicon 19 08 2009 Jacob’s New Moon Song Poll […]