Now Official: Xavier Samuel is Riley

The Hollywood Reporter first broke the news about the rumor of Xavier Samuel being cast as Riley a couple of days ago along with a Aussie paper.

Xavier has finally confirmed it in person and Summit has verified as well. It is official he is Riley. There is no other info on other hot roles such as Leah at this time.

Xavier’s reaction, “”I’m in a bit of a daze but it’s a wonderful bit of news.” Boy is that an understatement! :) Welcome to Twilight, Xavier!

See the Xavier exclusive here in it’s entirety.

TY to sydney twilightmum for finding the Aussie link

Comments

1. NOOOOOOOOOOOOO Craig Deering is supposed to be Riley…..FAIL summit…..lol

2. Yay!I love seeing the cast unfold!

3. I think he looks the part, I look forward to seeing what he does as Riley. I can’t wait to see who plays Leah.

4. Mrs.Cope says:

Well, he’s 25, older than Riley is supposed to be, but he looks young, like Rob does, and looks the part. Good luck to him, he’s in for a wild ride.

5. i want tania raymonde to play leah, but idk

6. Aww he’s okay. I guess. At least it’s official.

7. hope he doesnt mind being torn limb from limb, literally haha.

• bella1976 says:

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!! i pictured Channing Tatum as riley.

SUMMIT YOU SUCK!!!!!!!(NO PUN INTENDED)

• bella1976 says:

OK, I’M A LITTLE BIT SORRY ABOUT MY EARLIER POST. I’M SURE XAVIER IS A GOOD ACTOR AND I WISH HIM WELL.

SUMMIT YOU STILL SUCK!!!!!! TRYING TO LURE TWILIGHT/NEW MOON FANS TO THE CRAPPY LOOKING MOVIE BAND SLAM IN ORDER FOR THEM TO SEE A LONGER TRAILER OF NEW MOON IS JUST…………REALLY UPSETTING!!!!!!

8. Yep, he looks just right to play the role of an innocent college student turned vampire. :D

9. cristy_702 says:

NOOOO!!! I wanted Tom Felton or Channing to play it!!! >:O

10. he. is. adorable.
    too bad he’s going to have his heart broken and die.

11. BloodSuckingLeech says:

All the new news this week has been wicked awesome-thx Lex!

12. Excited!! says:

I can’t wait to hear who is playing Leah, she is my favorite character in the series. I am still 100% rooting for Nicole Lee Smith, fingers crossed!

• Martina says:

Actually She does look like a better representation of my mind’s eye of Leah. She is beautiful and has a humbled look but still sweet and approachable

13. vampwolves says:

Aww. He looks cute. :) Pretty much a rough copy of Riley from what I had in my head. I think he’ll do awesome.

14. i think someone like Michelle rodriguez would be good for leah but maybe she is too old. at least someone with the attitude

15. i think he may just be the perfect riley. i don’t know, i guess we’ll just have to wait and see.

16. Aussie, Aussie, Aussie! OI! OI! OI!!!

Good on you mate–it’s about time we had a little representation in Twilight. He’s a cutie, I think he’ll do very well. Fingers crossed for another Heath Ledger-esqe actor…? Certainly has the looks ;D

17. I am so proud that i am an Australian and Xavier was the first choice actor from Australia.. Good on him! i am sure he will nailed as a Riley!…. Australian actors are laid back and very thora when comes to work..

Looking forward to it.

18. Ashleigh says:

He looks pretty close to how I imagined Riley which is awesome as :D

19. TeamSwitzerland4ever says:

Xavier looks to fit the role perfectly! :D His looks are great and really fit description (unlike Channing, you people hoping on him for the part – have you even read Eclipse? Yes? then read it again and tell me honestly that you think Xavier doesn’t fit). Enough about that, Xavier is chosen. Weee:D

20. he’s a cutie :) lol

21. awww damn! i was really routing for tom felton… bummer : (

22. Yep, Tom would have been really good, but the last interview I saw him in, he really was looking so older, I’ve never heard of Xavier but he really does look the part, kinda innocent. So good choice.

23. Channing’s a cutie, but he’s kind of awkward as an actor. :\ I dunno. When I heard he was supposed to play Gambit in X3 before the whole issue with Bryan Singer and an entirely new script, I freaked out. On one hand, I think that script sounded AMAZING. On the other, I can’t really stand Channing. He was good in She’s The Man, but I don’t really like him… (Mmmm. But I liked Taylor. ;D)

That being said, I haven’t seen anything of Xavier, (Heheheh. After a mention of X-Men nerd talk.) so I can’t really say if I like him or not, but he seems pretty cool. Congrats on getting the part!

24. GOOD LUCK !!! IM sure he will do a fine job.I love all the different peeps on board for the saga.WE’VE got brits, americans,canadians and now aussies.What more could a girl want…

25. Kathleen loves vamps says:

All I can say is BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

26. BCullen24 says:

Geez, he is so cute! Another reason to see Eclipse haha.

27. It should have been Craig Deering… :’(:’(:’(:’(:’(:’(:’(:’(:’(:’(:’(:’(:’(:’(:’(:’(:’(:’(:’(:’(:’(:’(:’(:’(:’(:’(:’(:’(:’(:’(:’(:’(:’(:’(:’(:’(:’(:’(:’(:’(

28. Switzerland says:

i think he’ll be a great riley !! stop complaining people :)

29. aww, he is definitely who i can see as riley. i like that summit is casting fairly unknown actors to play the supporting roles; it adds a sense of surprise, i think. i’m stoked to see how xavier does!

30. he will be awesome… imagine him with blood red eyes….creepy but perfect

31. Aussie Girl says:

As an Aussie I’ve seen Xavier’s acting style and I assure you he will be perfect as Riley. I love Channing too, but I think he would have been more suited to the Volturi Guard. Riley is meant to be unsure and lacking self confidence. He is completely overwhelmed by the attention that Victoria bestows on him. I can’t see Channing being able to pull off that kind of insecurity convincingly. I would have preferred him as Felix. I could totally see him winking at Bella from under his hood.

32. Very nice. I love this new face to the Twilight scene. We don’t need to beef Tom Felton’s or Channing Tatum’s celeb statuses…No, Xavier is the Riley in my head. It was like Summit literally asked who he would look like & produced it. Awesome casting :). Xavier has that youthful face that appears to be easily convinced to do anything Victoria asks. I can’t wait to see Edward try to talk down Riley in Eclipse…this will be astounding. Best wishes, Xavier! You have my vote of confidence :D

33. Lissete says:

Wow, he’s hella cute. Heh. But we’ll see how he does as far as the acting aspect of it goes. ;)

34. To me sonds very good!!!!! Way to go Summit. I’m very pleased that they gave the chance for someone not so know… All the best 4 u Xavier!!!!!

35. gosh he looks really cute and he just has that adorable baby face totally adorable!!!

36. way to go summit love the choice.. new faces.. love it..

37. I think he’ll do a great job.

38. i love Michelle Rodriguez because this girl is fiesty`::

39. i love Michelle Rodriguez because this girl is fiesty’-:

40. michelle rodriguez is a bad ass woman, i like her tough woman personality..:

41. i like fiesty girls and michelle rodriguez is a really fiesty girl that i love to marry “–

42. you are actually a just right webmaster. The website loading velocity is amazing. It seems that you are doing any distinctive trick. Moreover, The contents are masterwork. you’ve performed a wonderful job on this matter!

43. Hey! This really is my 1st comment in this article i really just wanted to present a simple shout out and let you know I must say i enjoy reading through your web sites. Can you recommend any blogs

44. Great post. I will be experiencing many of these issues as well..

45. Perhaps he didnt have the courage of other priests, but he never collaborated with the dictatorship, Perez Esquivel told Radio de la Red in Buenos Aires.

46. I’ve noticed that credit restoration activity need to be conducted with techniques. If not, you could possibly find yourself endangering your rank. In order to realize your aspirations in fixing your credit rating you have to confirm that from this moment in time you pay all of the monthly dues promptly in advance of their planned date. It is significant on the grounds that by not accomplishing that, all other steps that you might decide to try to improve your credit positioning will not be effective. Thanks for expressing your ideas.