Video Reactions: Trailer across the generations

OK, we know this is really late notice, but sometimes ideas don’t happen on time tables.

We’ve been noticing in our comments lots of things that say “I haven’t watched the MTV Movie Awards in years”. Now we could be wrong, but it would seem to us that that means the teens of the 1990′s 1980′s and maybe even the 1970′s and 1960′s are going to be tuning into MTV tonight (or the Internet shortly thereafter).

So here’s the deal, tape your reaction to the trailer, upload it to YouTube, send us the link, and we will cover the best reactions from people who were teens in the 2000′s, 1990′s, 1980′s, 1970′s…heck if we get reactions from what has been called “the Greatest Generation”,which we think would put people in their teens in the 1930′s, we’ll run that. You have until midnight (eastern Tuesday) to get us your clip, you have enough time to upload and edit. We’ll run it on Tuesday mid morning.

Just a reminder that the trailer will be online in the usual places right after MTV debuts it. So you won’t have to wait too long to see it.

Comments

1. logiclee says:

80′s teenager here. I expect to see the trailer on youtube first as we don’t get to see MTV movie awards until after the US.
    Can’t wait!!

2. Smashley says:

what a cool idea!
    Hmmmmmmmmm…..
    now…just where is my camera…..lol

3. sivanwe says:

wow!!!cool idea

4. allright im psyched.
    well i cried out of excitement at the 15 second preview, so i think i might have a heart attack tonight.
    my best friend and twilight buddy is coming over tonight to watch the awards and trailor with me. ill set the camera up :]

5. Melanie says:

Hopefully my reaction won’t be too embarassing. I can get a little crazy when it come to Twilight. I’m so excited. Does anyone know when they will show the trailer. Is it towards the end of the award show?

6. eeeeeeek

7. great idea!

8. misslelie says:

I live in Canada and have to wait until June 21 to see the show!!!! Not fair!!!!!!!! But I have MTv on my tv and it shows that it isnt on 2nite!!! I have Bell Expressvu. BTW MTV is the American one… and thats wuts showing 2nite, I wonder if Bell f.ed it up or if I reallyy do have to wait. :(

9. Profit2829 says:

GREAT IDEA GUYS! I’ve put a link to it on TwilightSingapore.com for Asian fans to join in the fun!
    Can’t wait till tomorrow!! Errmm later..

10. 90′s teenager here…but sorry …no videos…id be embarrassed..haha

11. I don’t get MTV so I’m glad I will be able to see it off the web. From I sixties teen-ager here

12. melanie says:

My parents don’t let me stay up that late. I’ll catch it tommorow! Hopefully it will be placed on the Twilight sites I use!

13. Rosalie says:

Ima teen now!!! haha

14. I’m an 80s teenager who’s too cheap to have anything but the 20 or so basic, basic cable channels. I’m relying on twilightlexicon for my fix! You guys are appreciated!!!

15. meganxxcullen says:

90′s teenager! woop woop.
    ill probably start crying when i see the trailer..
    then watch it 100 times.
    which i did last year too.
    LOL

16. Very cool idea esp. since I was a teen of the late 80′s early 90′s and I never once watched the MTV movie awards until tonight. I was always into the MTV music awards. I don’t think I’ll be recording myself though.lol

17. meganxxcullen says:

wait a 90′s teen means you were a teen in the 90′s?
    LOL i thought it meant you were born in the 90′s.
    i am stupid.
    xDD

18. Do you guys know if mtv.co.uk will be displaying anything for us british fans?
    Love the website btw, obsessed follower. x

19. Hey um so what time is there now? and what time do the awards start like 9 right?

20. BellaNicole says:

I’m 24 so I was a teen in the 90′s. I haven’t watched the MTV movie awards since “The Notebook” won for best kiss and even before that I never really watched much. The ONLY reason I’m watching this year is for New Moon trailer and cuz Twilight is nominated for 7 awards.

21. I love this idea! But why can’t we have more time, like all day monday, to get the videos in? It seems like lots of people won’t be watching it until later, even with youtube.

22. I was a teen in the 80′s myself and now I don’t feel so bad “coming out” as a “older” Twilight fan. Haven’t had anything to be this excited about in years. The anticipation is killing me!

23. 80′s teen here. I’m staying up with MY teens to watch the Mtv awards. I watch it with them every year but mostly in and out until I can rush them to bed at the end but I have to admit I’m the one super excited this year. I even set the reminder on the tv so they can’t miss it. lol They forbid me to send in a video of my reaction…hee hee Little do they know I can sneak in the other room and do it from my computer. **snickers** So glad I don’t have to get old.

24. I was a teen in the 60′s – sooooooo am I crazy for being such a really old Twilight fan? I’ve never watched an MTV show but you can be sure I’ll be watching tonight! Oh, love all the interviews that MTV did with the Twilight cast last year! I miss that and am glad that MTV is getting the first trailer to New Moon.

• As a teen of the 70′s I can tell you that you are NOT crazy! I’ve always watched the MTV awards and remember many great moments. However, this will be the first year I record them. We’re not “old” Twifans, we’re “mature” Twifans! :-)
      PS: Go Red Wings!!

• kristin, i’m a 70′s teen, one daughter is a 90′s
      teen and the other a teen of the 20′s but guess what the common thread is tonight? I wish I had a camera to record all three sitting on the couch together watching that common thread, you could join us no problem and fit right in. I haven’t watched MTV in a thousand years, I bet they get the
      biggest audience ever tonight, but they have only ‘one’ movie to thank…wonder if they’ll realize.

• NO WAY KRISTIN, I AM TEEN OF 70′S, EVERYONE I KNOW IS OLDER AND READING. I HAVE THE INMATES THAT CLEAN OUR COURTHOUSE IN MIDDLE OF TOWN READING THESE
      BOOKS AND THEY LOVE THEM. ALL MALES, ONE IN HIS 50′S THESE BOOKS HAVE NO BARRIERS! I AM 50 AND LOVE THEM TO, AS MUCH FOR YOU AS ANYONE- WE ARE YOUNG IN SPIRIT.

• To the other 60′s teenager. I love the Twilight Saga, I’ve read the books 6 times now, watched the DVD probably 10 times. I can’t wait for New Moon to come out. Besides Rob Pattinson is one sexy young man.

25. Granny Annie says:

I was a teenager so long ago I remember when MTV first started (And I was married and had kids by then!) The very first video they played was “Video Killed the Radio Star.” Yes, they actually played music videos back in the olden days.

Haven’t watched MTV in years, but I will be watching tonight!

• granny annie, you could come to my house too! Wish we had thought to have a Twi-party. These books have no boundaries, no ages, no walls, no gender,
      they are for everyone- thank you again and again Stephenie, we love you and owe you a great debt.

• Granny Annie, you can come to my couch too. These
      books have no walls for age, or gender. We love and owe you Stephenie.

• Granny Annie says:

Thanks Karen. Twilight has been a bonding experience for my daughter and myself, as well. She’s the one who gave me the book that started this little, ahem, hobby.

26. Bella Jane says:

I have to wait until after the awards to catch it. My team is in the Stanley Cup Finals tonight and the game starts at 8 lol I can’t possibly miss that. I’m amped to finally see the trailer, though! =) Anyone else betting that the premier date (for the movie) moves up, just like it did last year?

27. Another 80s teen here and I’ve NEVER EVER been SOOO PUMPED-UP about these Popcorns until Robsten and Twilight happenend!!!

28. Stefanie says:

Another 80′s teen here – I haven’t watched MTV in YEARS and I am on pins and needles from excitement. Also the Twilight Saga is very new in my life – just read all 4 books in 6 days about three weeks ago. My hubby just smiles and rolls his eyes at my Twilight addiction. So glad there are other 30 somethings out there in the same boat as me! I don’t think I’ll ever get over this addiction. Can’t wait until November!!!

29. WannabeMrsCullen says:

i hope these live streamings work. i am so glad youtube has finally fixed it’s self again! So whoever sees the trailer first better post it. Will the lexicon be posted vids really quick as it happens? I really can’t wait for Monday 9pm UK time, i will go mad.

• DEAR WANNABEMRSCULLEN, THEY WILL GET IT ON THERE FAST,
      WISH YOU COULD WATCH IT LIVE BUT IT WILL ONLY BE MOMENTS AFTERWARDS TILL FANS WILL POST SO ALL CAN SEE. HANG IN, TOMORROW IT WILL BE EVERYWHERE.

30. Vanessa in TX says:

Ome it was amazing!!!!!!!!!! Can’t breathe!!!!

31. Amazing!!!! This trailer is awesome I can’t wait till november!!!!

!!!!!!

32. OMG!!! The trailer was ok. WAAAAYYY different than Twilight… darker i think… the werewolf Jacob was weird… but hey it’s gonna be for everyone but Chris Weitz

33. I’m 56 years old and never watched the MTV awards, but OMG…it has been just amazing!!!! I’ve watched the movie over 100 times and reading the books for the 7th time through. Don’t ever comment or talk about this but this has been great. Got to go ….best movie coming!!!!

34. I’m 19 years old (born in ’90) and I only watch MTV when I know something like this is going to be on (once or twice a year max). I LOVED the trailer… and here’s a link to my (pathetic) reaction.

35. I think I probably have the best story. At the glorious indepdent age of 25 I canceled cable due to lack of time to watch it and to save money. All I need to do is to read Twilight, right? So to watch the MTV awards I had my mother in another state set up my father’s lap top in fornt of the TV and the Skyped, or video called me to watch the show. The audio and video were horrible, but atleast every other segment had Twilight, ha!

36. arazcal says:

80′s teen and proud of it!Saw the first MTV Awards who could forget Madonna writhing around on the stage dressed as bride to “Like a Virgin” or the one gloved wonder escorting Brooke Shields. Who remembers when MTV actually played videos (24/7) and had the bands on to be interviewed AND act as guest VJ’s! Ahh Back in the day- I’m just sad that all you guys who grew up in the 90′s and after didn’t get to experience MTV when it was groundbreaking and “fresh”.
    Glad to see that Twilight was recognized for the effect it has had on the culture.
    Congrats to the cast and Stephanie Meyer!

37. Oh you mean tape my reaction to how that wolf IS NOTHING like I thought it’d be. Ugggggggghhhh. Me, 21 & my sister, 12 Both yelped out WHAaaaaAAT!?!? at the same time.

38. OMG I had to record it cause i wasn’t able to be home to watch it live, but i gasped so loud when i seen taylors bare chest that i woke up my husband. LOL.

39. Jazz Fan says:

I have a question:
    when you say reaction, do you mean tape ourselves watching the trailer or make a video of what we thought about the trailer?

40. Here’s MY reaction! It sure is interesting!! Just wait until the end.

GOD I CANNOT WAIT FOR THE MOVIEE!