Happy Birthday to The Host

The Host is 1 year old and what a crazy year it has been!  It debuted at #1 and hasn’t left the list since. Current placing on the New York  Times #6, Publisher’s Weekly #6, and USA Today #21.   It doesn’t feel like it has been a  year since The Host took over the Lexicon and we were introduced to some truly amazing new characters.   Wanderer: the invader who you can’t help but like for her peaceful ideals, Melanie: the soul who refuses to give up and can often be violent, Jared: torn between the love he thought he lost and the body that remains, and of course, Ian: the one person who sees Wanderer for who she really is.

Check back later in the week as we bring you a Host Contest with a very cool prize.  Hint: It’s really about the love!

Comments

1. kellan fan says:

1st comment: happy b-day The Host. It was an amazing story!!!!!

2. Im a true fan!

• NuttyNetty says:

I’m right there with you! :D i am a HUGE fan of The Host and i am in love with Ian <333 lol

3. great book.

4. Happy birthday!!! I love it so much, and I was reading it for like the 4th time a few days ago :)

5. JaclynD says:

Random , But I found a song that reminded me of new moon, suuuper sad but i Love it
    Quiet-Rachel Yamagata

6. Twifanatic Amanda says:

I love The Host it is my favorite Stephenie Meyer book! I couldn’t go to the signing when she was here because of finals last year but my friend got my book signed. It’s an enthralling book and I hope to read more :)

7. Yay for the Host! I loved it so much :-)

8. Shannon says:

Most definitely my favorite Stephenie Meyer book. In fact, I’m gonna go start reading it again right now!

9. Charli says:

Happy birthday to the Host!
    I love it as much as Twilight :D

10. Happy Birthday Host!!!
    I LOVE this book!

Its so compelling and has such great depth to it.
    Did anyone cry while reading this book?
    I know I did, a lot.

Because its its Birthday I’m going to start re-reading it(on top of the other five books I’m reading).

• Oh Yes!! i did cry a few times…love it!!

• NuttyNetty says:

i cried too :( i felt so bad for wanda <3

• I loved The Host! I cried many more times while reading it than I did with the entire Twilight Saga. (And I love Twilight!) I am hooked! I adored Ian from the start, way more than Jared. Way to go Steph, it is a great book!

11. Gisselle says:

I have read The Host so many times! I like it as much as I like Twilight. Stephenie is an amazing writer. I hope she publishes something new very soon.

I love Ian! he is adorable!

12. Yay!! got to read it again!!!

13. Morgan says:

I absolutely love The Host!!!! Actually I think I like it more than Twilight and that’s only because it is a deeper story line and it’s longer. I love long books.
    I just started reading again last week but I had no idea it was it’s birthday!!!
    Happy Birthday Host!!!!

14. Happy Birthday, The Host!

15. Jordan says:

OMG! Happy Birthday The Host! Its one of the best books ever! My Mom just finished reading it yesterday! How ironic!

16. TeamRobert says:

I can’t believe the host is one! I hope stephenie meyer writes a second host, i would love to read it.

17. Happy birthday Host! I think I like it better than Twilight! I love how I have the same last name as my favorite character (Ian)…plus my cousin in Kyle O’Shea. Ironic huh?

18. Sheila says:

I absolutely love that book. So much emotion and such a great leap for Stephenie to make. Of course, I after Twilight, I never doubted Stephenie would be a brilliant author.

19. safina says:

Happy Birthday The Host! I haven’t read it yet,but I’m planning to.

20. Bite Me...please? says:

Happy b-day, Hostie! I can’t wait for the rest of the trilogy!

21. Has anyone heard any word on a sequel? If so, I was hoping we would have heard something by now!

22. I LOVED this book.

Seriously, LOVED it. I have read it over and over again. <3

Chapter 14, is when I cried like my Mother died.
    *part where Jared does something mean to Wanda*
    D:

23. Celleno says:

Yay Happy B-day! ^^ I really loved this book. I even think I’ve re-read it more than Twilight.

24. Justine says:

HAppy Birthday!! Luv the book. :D

25. Jennifer says:

You do mean “Melanie, the HUMAN who refuses to give up,” right???

26. SparklesorSpaceheater says:

OMG! I didn’t even realize that!! I’m so happy for it now!! I swear, I wish I had more time to re-read books…after I finish writing mine and get it published, this summer equals reading, reading, buying more books, reading reading reading, buying buying buying, ect…ah! 2 or 3 full months of reading!! -happy!-

27. Tabcullen says:

love this book
    i got it the first day it came out and met stephenie at a book signing 4 days later

28. I loved The Host. Hope she is working feverishly on The Host 2.

1. […] the original post on Twilight Lexicon Share and Enjoy: These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and […]