Summit Announces Remainder of New Moon Cast

This just in from Summit:

SUMMIT ENTERTAINMENT STARTS PRODUCTION ON
THE TWILIGHT SAGA: NEW MOON

Los Angeles, CA  April 15, 2009 – Principal photography has begun on Summit Entertainment’s THE TWILIGHT SAGA: NEW MOON, it was announced today by Erik Feig, Summit’s President of Production…NEW MOON is filming on locations in Vancouver, BC and Tuscany, Italy.

The Volturi include:

The Quileutes Include:

In NEW MOON, Bella Swan (Kristen Stewart) is devastated by the abrupt departure of her vampire love Edward (Robert Pattinson) but her spirit is rekindled by her growing friendship with the irresistible Jacob Black (Taylor Lautner). Suddenly she finds herself drawn into the world of the werewolves, ancestral enemies of the vampires, and she finds her loyalties tested.

Jamie Campbell Bower was last seen in Tim Burton’s “Sweeney Todd” and is the lead singer of the band The Darling Buds.

Daniel Cudmore played Colossus in the “X-Men” films, “X2” and “X-Men: The Last Stand.”

Dakota Fanning was last seen in Summit Entertainment’s sci-fi thriller “Push” and provided the lead voice in the animated feature “Coraline.”

Graham Greene earned an Academy Award nomination for his work in “Dances With Wolves,” and has appeared in such films as “The Green Mile,” “Die Hard: With A Vengeance” and “Transamerica.”

Chrisopher Heyerdahl has appeared in such films as “The Chronicles of Riddick,” “Catwoman” and “Blade: Trinity.”

Tinsel Korey has worked on numerous films and television shows, from “Into The West” to “The Lookout,” opposite Joseph Gordon-Levitt. She is also a singer/songwriter.

Vancouver-born Noot Seer began modeling at age 13 and has lived in New York, Barbados, Guyana and New Zealand. She was a champion horseback rider prior to her modeling career. She made her film debut in the comedy “Head Over Heels,” starring Freddie Prinze, Jr. and Monica Potter.

Michael Sheen last starred opposite Frank Langella in Ron Howard’s film “Frost/Nixon,” and played Britain’s Prime Minister Tony Blair to Helen Mirren’s Queen Elizabeth in “The Queen.” The award-winning actor was recently seen in “Underworld: Rise of the Lycans.”

Comments

1. OMG finally! Yay :)

2. Wow this is interesting xD

3. yay!! I like it..

4. Melissa Dawn says:

I love the choice for Alec!

5. Some good choices! Graham Greene as Henry is going to be good, I think I’ll be sadder for Henry and Charlie in the movie than the book, lol. He’s a great actor.

6. omg yes!! we finally got the rest of the cast list :D i’m so excited for New Moon!

7. HOT STUFF!
    Awesome awesome cast! Loving it so far!
    *Two thumbs up!*

8. oh graham greene as Harry Clearwater is awesome!!!

i need to google the others so i can see their faces!

9. Argh I meant Harry, not Henry. Haven’t been that sharp all week, lol.

10. B Cullen24 says:

Finally Summit tells us! Daniel Cudmore I always imagined as Emmet before. I’m excited to see how everyone plays out :)

11. I want to know who is playing the fun wolves like quil and embry

• they have already casted the hole pack. the only ones not in it are seth. there will be no seth or leah in new moon sadly:(

• Seth & Leah are barely in the book. The only scene I recall with them in it, is when everyone is at the Black’s eating spaghetti. Not a crucial moment to be in the movie.

12. Wow! I love it! Every choice is amazing. The fact that I had to google most of them makes me feel so much better about this movie not becoming a Big Hollywood Names Fest. Cameron Bright is my favorite choice. That kid is dang good at being creepy.

13. I’m actually scared about the announcement of Alec: ages ago I suggested him for it. I’m actually quite scared he got cast.
    I like the casting for Felix; I’m amused that he was one of the suggestions for Emmett but I think he’ll do okay though I’ve seen him in nothing. He’s got the looks, at least.
    The fact they offer nothing for Demetri alarms me. I quickly googled him then looked for him on IMDB and I could only find one who did a film in 1954!

14. I like all of the choices, except Caius still seems too young to me. Maybe he’ll surprise me and do a really great job in the role, though. Their Alec looks fantastic!

15. Danislytherin says:

PLease, Please, for the love of St. Edward Anthony Masen Cullen,I go to “forgot to breath”, until November 20

16. wait, has billy burke been confirmed for charlie yet?
    and some of these people look good, but im not so sure about them.

17. rachelfm says:

I don’t like that all the Volturi are sooo young, but I hope I’ll change my mind when the movie comes out!

18. @ Monet: I agree-Cameron Bright ALWAYS creeps me out :)

Other than Jamie Bower as Caius (which I’m trying to get used to) These are awesome castings!! I can hardly contain my excitement!!

19. Wow! I love the cast! It’s so cool how two actors now have gone from being on Stephenie’s original casting list(before there were the movies) to the real one, and they still fit so well. Cameron Bright and Dakota Fanning will be so perfect-and since their roles are my favorite in the series, that’s big news to me :)

20. Wonderful casting. Christopher Heyerdahl fits as Marcus, and Cameron Bright is exactly how I imagined Alec. Bravo.

21. Chrystina says:

I am so happy they have announced the full cast.. how awesome!

22. Cargonza says:

Haha some of those guys are from nerd movies like Stargate and X-Men! I love it. :)

p.s. Cameron Bright = ALWAYS creeped me out

23. JessakaMitz says:

Yay! I see some familiar faces ^__^

24. The reason you probably couldn’t find Charlie Bewley is because he is practically an unknown. But WOW! He’s extremely good looking, I think he mostly a model though, all his website has is his agents name and contact info.

25. totally agree with everyone, Cameron Bright as Alec is perfect. he can be totally creepy

26. http://www.metatheatre.org/t_actor.htm

You can see Charlie Bewley there who plays Demetri. :)

27. Finally! Its about time we got the names of the whole remainding cast. Now all we need are some promo pictures with the Volturi and the Wolf Pack

28. wow, I am very happy. Cameron Bright as alec is a great pick! I didnt even think of him!

29. OMG…What a line up …this film seems to have more famous actors appearing in it than any other I have seen before…Great choices

30. Rachel531 says:

Wow, Chris Heyerdahl playing Marcus…as in Alistair from Supernatural?!?? An angel now playing a vampire…love it! Love him!!!

31. Rockin'It says:

I. Hate. Cameron. Bright. What were they thinking?!?!?! I was totally fine with casting until this! UGH!!!! NO! Please, somebody tell me this is a lie! He’s so WRONG for the part!!!

32. Medya [MSquared] says:

CAMERON BRIGHT!<333
    Loved him in Thank You For Smoking and X-Men!
    Yay, I’m happy.
    Wonderful choices. =]

33. heidi is not pretty enough but other than that i think its ok

34. Oh god. Here they go whining AGAIN.

I think they did a great job with the casting and amused to see actors that Stephenie had suggested ages ago for different parts like Cudmore (Emmett) & Greene (Billy). Cameron Bright DEFINITELY has that creepy feel to him. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!
    I’m excited!

35. heatherh says:

I am happy with all of these but my absolute fave is Michael Sheen for Aro!!! I think that’s perfect.

Man, I’m guessing they really do have a bigger budget to pay all these people AND do CG for the cliff dive and wolf transformations?

I’m countin’ on ya, Chris. Don’t let us down!

36. Rachel A. says:

The kid playing Alec actually looks similar to Dakota Fanning so that works well. The guy playing Aro is…not attractive in the least. I always imagined the vulturi to look a little older than some of the people cast, but that is probably because they were referred to as the ancients. I am glad to know who everyone is finally!

37. Can I just say that I love Graham Greene, and am so glad he’ll be in the movie, even though Harry Clearwater isn’t probably that big of a part?

Haven’t heard/seen movies with most of the rest of the actors/actresses, but I’m sure they’ll be great as well. :)

• I always pictured him as Billy Black (must be my limited Native American actor imagination), so I’m glad they’ve cast him in some part, no matter how small.

38. holy doodoo! camerone bright, for me, is a homerun! so awesome!!!

39. heatherh says:

p.s. I know this won’t happen for a few more months but I am DYING to know who Chris hires to score the film. I really didn’t like Carter Burwell’s music AT ALL. It was so cheesy. I hope Chris hires someone who can write something more melodic, epic and beautiful. NO electric guitars! Lol!

• B Cullen24 says:

Yeah, my feelings exactly. I didn’t really feel like the score fit with Twilight so well, I hope it has more emotion with it this time :)

40. Booksrcrazy says:

I don’t know about the little kid, he looks too young to play Alec… who knows though, make up artists are there for a reason :P

• heatherh says:

Alec and Jane are supposed to be young. If anything he and Dakota are a little too old, but I guess there would have been issues hiring 12 year olds who would have definitely changed during filming.

41. Christopher Heyerdahl was waaaay creepy in Supernatural.. cant wait to see him as Marcus

42. soozabooza54 says:

i’m way too busy bowing down to chris weitz and the casting people to leave a message… :)

SO EXCITED FOR NOVEMBER!!!!!

43. lirael cullen says:

YAY!!! Wow i like all of them….^_^ most of them fit pretty well with the characters and everything!! Wow even more excited for November to come!!!!!!

44. Actor’s personal phone number removed by mod.

Guys let’s not bomb the actors and their agents with phone calls. The actors will probably find it a little creepy, and the agents have other clients they need to do business with and it’s not fair if those other clients keep getting a busy signal.

45. StinaCullen says:

Melissa – HaHaHa did you really? What happened? lol

46. i just wanna say sumthing, the guy who plays demetri is really cute and the guy who plays caius…<3

47. papermoon says:

i had hoped before twilight came out that graham green would be billy black, so i’m elated to see that he is at least going to be involved, even if its only for a short time ^_^

48. I am hyperventalation right now! Squeeee!!!

49. Can’t comment on how excited I am. Too busy worshipping Chris Weitz. :)

50. see, I can’t even spell, or use correct words! LOL!

1. […] Twilight Lexicon VN:F [1.1.8_518]please wait…Rating: 0.0/10 (0 votes cast) :cast, New […]

2. […] the original post on Twilight Lexicon Share and Enjoy: These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and […]