OK Magazine’s New Moon Insight: Jared and Heidi Cast?

OK Magazine is reporting the following. We haven’t seen this info any place else as confirmed, in particular the information surrounding Anna and Brandon. So hang on for other back up.

• Robert Pattinson will not be playing on the New Moon Soundtrack, and “Now, sources tell OK! that the group (Paramore)is penning New Moon‘s title track.”
  • Brandon Michael Vayda will play Jared the werewolf.
  • They are confirming that Anna Lynn McCord is actually cast.
  • Ben Barnes is out as “his L.A.-based agent, Nick Reed, sets the record straight: “Although Ben has enjoyed much of the speculation, we haven’t had any calls. There’s no truth to it.”

The sound you now hear is every other news outlet in Hollywood calling the agents of Michael and Anna for confirmation.

Comments

1. lirael cullen says:

Brandon Michael Vayda??? Any pictures for him?????… I checked imdb.com but there’s nothing.. hmmmm never heard of him. But i suppose he’ll be okay :D and Anna Lynn McCord.. yeah thumbs up for her. :D

2. lirael cullen says:

O_O never mind… found a picture…okay.*sigh* i guess he’ll do….

3. Just checked imdb,and yeah, there’s a couple pics. He’s pretty cute! I’ve never seen his acting, but I’m willing to give him a shot. He looks kind of like a Jared.

As for Anna as Heidi, I think that’s fine. :D

4. NewMillenium says:

I hope this is incorrect. I was rooting for Ben Barnes :/

5. ooooh he looks like how I pictured Jared!! I approve, as long as his acting doesn’t suck. I’ll have to watch those episodes of 90210 again and keep an eye out for him

6. But … what about the casting calls for Native actors to fill Native roles? I realize that this rumor hasn’t been confirmed, but it’s worrisome nonetheless. Aren’t there actual Native actors who would be better for the part than a generic dark-haired pretty boy?

7. lirael cullen says:

Sam, -that’s what i don’t get. If there were casting calls for the Native people they should at least be considered for these parts. What is he?? 1/4 Cherokee?? 1/8??? Its bugging me senseless.. he doesn’t even have muddy-dark-chocolate brown eyes… but as i said before.. i guess he’ll do..

8. Brandon looks fine. I agree that he does not really look Native American, but Taylor had a different appearance than all of his friends (Sam, Billy, etc) so maybe Brandon will help round the group out or something. I don’t care about his acting ability because I am sure he will have a whole of 3 lines in the movie. Anna for Heidi is great, she is gorgeous!

Maybe the Native American casting calls were for extras on the reservation.

9. is dakota fanning for sure playing the role of jane???

10. “Paramore” is spelt wrong. And too bad about Ben Barnes. I love him.

11. Do you mean Paramore is SPELLED incorrectly? LOL.
    These bit parts don’t matter much to me. I want to hear about the Volturi!!

12. The past tense and past participle of spell (only in the word-related sense) have both a regular form in spelled and an irregular form in spelt.

Sorry about that. I actually went to spell the word paramour the way it’s actually spelled rather than they way the band spells it. As for spelled and spelt it’s a Brit vs. American English thing. Years of Harry Potter grammar questions just came flooding back. Don’t even get me started on got vs. gotten.
    Pel

13. Vamp_angel says:

Brandon Michael Vayda isn’t exactly like how I imagined Jared…but he’ll do. I mean he doesn’t have a major part in the movie and he isn’t one of the main characters…
    I’m glad to hear that Anna got casted [so we finally know who’s playing who instead of some maybe’s]. She’d be an alright Heidi to me. :D

14. I’m not surprised Rob isn’t writing for the New Moon soundtrack. He has said a few times that experience with Twilight was something he felt uncomfortable with. Too bad, he’s talented.

15. thegratefulbrunette says:

I agree with NewMillenium :D
    Ben Barnes would have been oh so sexy as Aro ;)
    ps- pink unicorns are DUMB!!!!

16. I really hope Paramore gets in the soundtrack again, they are great.

17. OHHAI OLD HOLLYWOOD.

*waves*

So, I hear Brandon is BFFs with Jackson Rathborne and they’re gonna get tans and dye their hair black, maybe get weaves. ‘Cause that’ll totally change their facial features and make them look, y’know, Indian/Inuit. Maybe we can get an Italian guy to play Quil next.

After all, those Native American casting calls were just for the lulz.

18. Annalynne as Heidi is perfect! I hope the rumor is true that she got casted!

19. am i the only one that spots a 90210 takeover? lol

20. Casting news!!! At laaaast…
    Jared is fine, Heidi is fine, too bad about Aro (though Ben Barnes was a little young for me)

21. TeamJasper2454 says:

These characters will have maybe 3 lines each? I’ve never even heard of this Brandon Vayda guy, but he’ll do just fine. And Anna looks like what I imagined Heidi to be, so…yeah. :)
    Too bad about Ben Barnes, though.

22. I have an idea! Lets give the role of Rosalie to McCord (who is actually gorgeous) and dump Nikki Reed! Considering she’s not pretty enough for the role anyway, and too fat. Seriously, she only got that role because she was the only one desperate enough to be in Hardwicke’s lesbo movie thirteen. i smell favoritism…

23. KatieCullen77 says:

Jared is cute! Right now Taylor Lautner looks just like how I pictured Jacob! I love Anna McCord for Heidi, she’s perfect!

24. to the chick above me nikki is so pretty!so stfu!
    anyways…hmm,brandon looks jared-ishh he can get contacts.anna lynn,she’s good her part is tiny what she has like 2 lines..?ben would of been an awesome aro.dakota fanning though,EW!i just hate her,i want someone else to be jane.

25. workingclasshero says:

at this point i dont believe anything unless summit, the director, or steph actually tells so otherwise. =/

26. OMG :(
    im about to cry fo Ben!! I was soo hoping hed get the role!
    so theyre saying he never even auditioned? :'(

he would have made an amazing Aro :(

no more eye candy for twilight; expect for Rob though ;)

27. Ummm Nicki Reed isn’t fat. She has whats called muscle. and shes definitly pretty enough

28. Flyshortii90 says:

WAA WAA WAIT!

paramore to do soundtrack theme song for new moon again!!
    AHHHH!!! =] that would amazing…

is this true? no pmore fan sites have said ANYTHING about this.

29. ashley_119882004 says:

I think Brandon & Anna I think are great for their rolls. & its stinks about Ben not being in it.

30. I think Anna Lynn McCord will make a great Heidi. I really do hope she is cast for the role.

As for Michael Vayda playing Jared, I don’t think it will happen. I really don’t put much stalk in what Magazine’s like OK! publish.

31. Tiffany Whittman says:

OMG that’s exactly how i pictured Jared..he just needs contacts! ive seen him on 90210 and i think hes really funny! Does anybody have any pics of him???

32. That’s awesome about Paramore! I loved the two songs they had on the Twilight soundtrack.

33. OK! isn’t usually all that reliable… but if this is true, awesome.

Paramore is probably my favorite band (definitely my favorite Pandora station) so I’m excited!

Vayda is pretty old compared to Taylor but he is cute. I do wish he was a bit more native american looking.

Anna Lynn McCord would be a great Heidi!

And as for Nikki… I think she is great! I hate her hair in the movie, but that isn’t her fault.

34. Brandon makes a very good Jared, I think.

But I just don’t like the girl they picked to play Heidi. :[

35. @ Lana
    I see it too. There either from 90210 or the OC. I don’t care how many lines they have, I’m not liking it one bit. What the hell is the casting director doing?

36. brandon is cute
    i think hell play a good jared

37. Wow-ser. I didn’t see this stuff coming.

Well, I hope we get some definitely concrete info soon. Or else I might explode and start believing stuff like Michael Jackson auditioning for the role of Aro. -rolls eyes-

38. Icy_Beauty says:

I like the Heidi that was cast. She is lovely, but I do hope that she is made a brunette to better fit the part of her character. It is too bad that Rachel-Hurd Wood does not have a part in this movie… I think she would make a perfect Tanya.

39. Icy_Beauty says:

Sorry about the typo; Rachel Hurd-Wood would be perfect for Tanya in the movie Eclipse.

40. OMG I really want Ben Barnes as Aro! Pleease be true! :O

41. Mary Alice Cullen says:

That guy for jared looks super hot. Me likie :)

42. who is jared? i forgot who he was! i know he is the pack but did he do anything important that i should remember him for?

43. NNNNNNOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!
    i wanted ben to play aro

44. #25 – I wasn’t in love with Nikki either, although I think she did a fine job as far as her acting skills go. Anna definitely looks more the part. I always imagined Rosalie as more of a super model (because that is how she was described). Nikki is def. not fat, but she would have looked better had she been wearing flattering clothes. I hope they don’t put her in skinny jeans anymore…those should not be made in anything above a size 4.

I didnt realize Ben had been up for the role of Aro, he is way younger than how I pictured Aro and I am not a huge fan of his. I wouldn’t care if he was or was not cast.

45. SparklesorSpaceheater says:

Mccord, I think she’s actually perfect for Heidi, but not for Brandon or whatever his name is…my Jared in my mind was just…hotter…maybe they just don’t want other guys to be hotter than Tay…makes sense, but I’d rather have a bunch of hotties running around half naked…-sighs at mental image- lol

46. Don’t know how much influence or what connections you guys have, but I think “My Immortal” by Evanescence would be a great song for this movie – I personally think the lyrics perfectly describe the breakup and everytime I hear it I picture myself going through that awful 4 month period of loneliness and isolation that Bella suffered. Would definitely love to see it make the soundtrack…anyone else agree?

47. I love Ben Barnes…I love him, I love him, I love him….Wait, sorry. What were we talking about? I think she’s perfect for Heidi, and I guess Brandon will do for Jared. I also don’t get why they bother searching reservations if they’re just gonna give roles to dark, black-haired boys. Whatever. Did someone mention Ben Barnes not being in it? *is very sad* I love him, I love him, I love him, I love……..

48. It looks like they went to the set of 90210 to look for people to be in N.M for crying out loud.

49. WHY do peope keep wanting Evanescence to be on the soundtrack? UGH they are just as bad as the Jonas Bros. Barf.

1. […] the original post on Twilight Lexicon Share and Enjoy: These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and […]