Interesting Random Facts From the Chicago Convention

We’ll have pictures, video, the works. Just give us a few days to upload and edit. We had lots of fun, but we are dead tired.

Justin Chon:

• Has his own retail store
  • He loves to surf
  • He is in an upcoming movie with Harrison Ford called Crossing Over.
  • Has a great smile, and is thrilled to talk to fans

Ashley Greene:

• Loves shopping just about as much as Alice does
  • Most embarrassing moment on set was hitting a cameraman with a pitch…twice
  • Had picked out Alice’s prom dress because originally the Cullens were at the prom
  • Has a great, genuine bubbly personality, and was really sweet to all the fans

Peter Facinelli:

• Pronounces his last name the Italian way with the “C” sounding like a “CH”
  • Sent Catherine Hardwicke a vampire book after his audition as a thank you even though he originally didn’t get the part
  • He has read all four Saga novels and so has Jennie Garth, and they are big fans.
  • He is every bit as dazzling (not to mention completely gracious) in real-life as Edward is in the books, not that we were having trouble concentrating or holding on to the power of speech or anything.

Comments

1. little bonbon says:

sweeeeet!!
    ty ;)

2. proud_twihard says:

That store is weird. Why would anyone buy that stuff? My oppinion of him just worstened. But that’s cool about Pete’s name! I love him!

3. why not as dazzling and graceful as dr.cullen himself?

4. Peter is so gracious & very dazzling! He is always so awesome at fan events.

5. Thanks for sharing the info you got! Can’t wait to see the rest of the goodies!

6. Thanks for sharing the info. :) I’ve been wondering if Peter pronounced his surname with a ‘CH’ or not.
    Looking forward to seeing the videos etc.

7. ihadanEdwardRush says:

this is cool!!! =)

8. Ty guys for the heads up on what went on, sigh, had to work all weekend otherwise I would have gone.

9. Jessica L. says:

This weekend has been so much fun! Is the Lexicon going today (Sunday) for the Q & A’s or not? It will be great to see you guys again!

~The Girl With The Twilight Pants :D

10. So maybe they’ll have the “Cullens at prom” as part of the deleted scenes on the DVD? Oh I really hope so! I was so looking forward to that!

11. thanks :)

12. I’m really looking forward to seeing all the stuff you guys got. I wish I could have been there sooooo bad!!!!!!!!! :(
    Thanks for sharing all the info even though you just got back!

13. Heather (David's wife) says:

I just wanted to say that it has great to meet all of you after all this time “lurking” on the site. I have now offically registered and look forward to seeing your pictures/perspective V. mine.

14. Twilight_South says:

Thanks for sharing… It would be great if there were a Twilight Convention in South Florida… I would love to go to one. It must be so much fun…

15. Not unexpected. Peter’s parents come from the ‘Val di Non’, the Non valley, province of Trento. I’m positive he speaks a good Italian.

16. who was originally going to play carlisle?

17. lol! Flustered much???

18. Twilight Nymph says:

I believe it was Henry Cavill who was supposed to play Carlisle, but he dropped out b/c he was too busy with The Tudors. It’s on IMDB, here’s the quote. Henry Cavill was Stephenie Meyer’s first choice to play Edward. However, but by the time production was to begin, he was 25 years old, and no longer looked the part of a 17-year old. He was then offered the part of Carlisle Cullen but turned it down due to his commitment with “The Tudors” (2007).

On, other news, Twilight moved from the 100th spot to the 99th on the top 100 movies of all time it beat Gladiator by a couple thousands.

19. KrystyWroth says:

You guys were great! I loved sitting in on all of your discussions this weekend. I especially like the Team Edward vs. Team Jacob debate ( I won the Vampire question):) And my daughter and I had a fantastic time! And I thought that all three of the guests were so great! They went out of their way to be nice to the fans. I look forward to seeing your pictures.

20. Dark Brown Pools says:

Cool! Wish I was there. I really really liked Ashley Grrene as Alice, I thought she did a really great job.

21. I was there woo. but I only went on friday so i met Ashley and Justin instead.

22. Jane volturi says:

how did peter not get carlisle at first??? i mean, at first i was like “no way” but now im in love with him!

23. Love Bite says:

Well, this was rather interesting to read about! Thanks for posting it up!

24. Mary Alice Cullen says:

I can’t believe the cullens were going to the prom scene like in the book. They should have stuck to that. but no they had to have victoria in it. That doesn’t make scenes because Edward would have been able to smell Victoria.

25. My opinion of Justin’s just plummeted after viewing the merchandise at his store.

26. Jessica L. says:

My sister and I managed to get some decent video of these Q & A’s. We’ll be posting them on youtube soon. Should I post the links here?

27. awesomeness!

28. I LOVED THIS WEEKEND
    Kissing Eric, hugging ashley, hugging eric, almost knocking down peter. <3
    ugh, amazing.

29. This weekend was so much fun. But im SOOOOOOOOOOOO tired but it was great to meet everyone and go to the parties and get autographs and everything.

30. Ugh! I wish I could have gone!

Sadly, Honolulu isn’t a close driving distance from Chicago, lol

31. I can’t wait to see all that happened! I hope it is posted soon ;)

32. I’m surprised that so many people are/were unaware of the correct pronunciation of Peter’s last name. He’s been around for a while, and it’s a very clearly Italian last name, it just seemed obvious to me. It’s like nails on a chalkboard to me whenever I hear it mispronounced.

33. I’ve always pronounced his last name that way too someone. It seemed obvious :)

34. ashley_119882004 says:

Ive actually never heard his last name pronounced. Well atleast I know now so I wont ever look stupid. I wish I could have gone. But I am glad that he is the one that played Carlisle. & Ashley is great too.

35. Twilight Nymph:I remember all that.There was also Charlie Hunnam who could’ve played Carlisle but I love Peter.He’s amazing.I had always wished that Henry Cavill play Edward.He had that dazzling look.Ashley is the perfect Alice.She’s adorable.I wish I could’ve gone and met all of them.

Anyway,I can’t wait to see everything the Lex has got.Thanks so much!

36. futuremrscullen says:

I just looked at Justin’s shop… it’s pretty B.A. And I too am surprised that a lot of people haven’t heard how Peter pronounces his last name.

37. This weekend was amazing!
    You guys rocked :)
    Ashley, Justin and Peter were so sweet.

38. skylardevlin says:

Augh! I can’t wait til’ TwiCon! Exclusive autographing and photo opps! Meet and greet! Q&A! Having heard about this con, I can hardly wait now!

39. ali cullen says:

it was sooo much fun saturday!!!!!!!!! i wish i coulda been there all weekend PETER ROCKS!!!! HE HIGH-FIVED ME!!!

40. i had a lot of fun, even tho i was only there Saturday. but now i’m glad i only came for 1 day because i was so exhausted at the end of the day. it was great meeting Pel & Sephii (sadly i managed to miss Alphie). Peter, Ashley, & Justin were amazing <3 *sigh* Peter is just so gorgeous… check out my MySpace in a couple weeks! i should hopefully have some pix up by then.

41. Alu Rathbone says:

The reason they ended it with Victoria was to show those who didn’t read the books that there will be vengeance and the chance for the second movie could be plausible… which… it was! lol…

But even with Vicki there… they could have kept the cullens there.

42. Too bad that the Cullens weren’t in the prom scene! I was so dissappointed when they werent. Although Peter would not have been my first choice for Carlisle, he sounds like he is really dedicated to the role, which is something I appreciate. Thanks!

43. futuremrscullen says:

I wanted the Cullens at the prom too. And I was quite peeved to see that Victoria was there… for obvious reasons. But my guess was that was Summit’s way of saying there would be another movie… leaving it all cliffie like.

44. water lily says:

I was pretty disapointed that we didn’t get to see the prom with alice in her black satin cut-out dress and Rose in her red dress working the dance floor with Jasper and Emmet. It’s kinda like the rest of the move, too fast and much of the “magic” missing.

45. water lily says:

It actually didn’t really bother me that victoria was there cause I love Rachelle and it added a twist we wern’t expecting, but *getting all twi-geek & technical* if she was there the cullens would have known by her sceant and by alice’s visions. Maybe thats why they left the cullens out, however (IMO) unexceptable.

46. will there be anymore convention soon?I miss the convention in Chicago but, if theres going to be another one i want to know so that i will be able to attend.So, please if anyone knows let me know.

47. I was very sad that the other Cullens weren’t at the prom in the end. I was looking forward to seeing them tear up the dance floor! I wonder why there were cut?

At first it didn’t bug me about Victoria being there. (I understand why they did it, the whole sequel opportunity) but the more I thought about it it actually kind of does bug me now!

I’ll be looking forward to see when you get more stuff up! It looks like it was cool & a lot of fun. I wish there would be a Convetention near Utah, sad :(

48. TeamJasper2454 says:

That was SO awesome.
    Of course, my mom almost killed my for spending close to $300. What? I couldn’t walk away without an autograph from Ashley and Peter and Justin. :)
    The convention was one of the most fun things I’ve even been to.

1. [...] the original post on Twilight Lexicon Share and Enjoy: These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and [...]