Twilight Hits the UK Press

The Twilight movie releases in the UK later this week. The British press is starting to run Twilight stories. Interestingly enough, the UK was slow to pick up on the Twilight craze with fans in Germany, Italy, and most noticeably Spain catching on before the book took off in the UK.

MIRROR First up is The Mirror talking about Rob’s rise from school boy to star.

OK Magazine focuses on what is rapidly becoming Rob’s most spoken about feature,  his hair.

Comments

1. About the OK thing – That’s disgusting.

2. Twilight Nymph says:

I wonder if all people born in May and are a Taurus are all the same. My brother has that whole not much of a sense of hygiene as well. Yet, I only have one comparison so maybe it’s pure coincidence. I don’t care, whether he washes it or not Rob’s hair and him for that matter are still freaking HOT! LOL

3. I guess he needs to stop being so honest about his cleanlyness! LOL!

4. JulesCullen says:

I’m guessing he’s just saying that so that people stop obsessing about it… he hates his hair and wishes he could cut it!

5. Alice Cullen says:

Lol that’s funny. But in that moviefone interview he said that he tells everybody everything. Well…I guess he was telling the truth. :)

6. I’m not sure but I think that quote is from his Jay Leno interview. Also, Rob is a pretty sarcastic guy, so he might just be joking around.

7. I’m a Taurus, and I sure as hell worry about my hygiene. >XD It’s kinda disgusting, really. But he’s still adorable. And you guys could be right- it’s prolly just his sarcasm.

8. hey umm .. i was just wondering stephenie if by any chance there is a way to be in New Moon even if you have no experience and you can afford and agent or proffesional photography?

cause its my dream to be in one of the movies cause your books are amazing.
    to tell you the truth there the only books i actually read.

im on New Moon right now and i love it.
    but im thinking breaking dawn is gonna be the best out of all the twilight saga series.

im really hopeing you can answer my question e-mail me something cause i would do anything to be in that movie .

PLEASEEEEEE!

9. I read magazine EW, the december 5 issue, on the internet and it said that Rob cut his hair and I don’t know if that’s a true fact but it was in a magazine so if it’s not true sorry if I got you worried but I think it is true because it was in a magazine. Maybe it was a little cut or idk we’ll just have to see for ourselves. It is kinda gross that he doesn’t wash it but his hair looked good in Twilight as Edward so thats at least good lol.

10. hey umm .. i was just wondering stephenie if by any chance there is a way to be in New Moon even if you have no experience in acting and you CANT!! afford and agent or proffesional photography?

cause its my dream to be in one of the movies cause your books are amazing.
    to tell you the truth there the only books i actually read.

im on New Moon right now and i love it.

PLEASEEEEEE!

i made an error on the one above me sorry. =/

11. see, girls are going “ewww” when they read that Rob doesn’t wash his hair, but I like it. He is a person, and he doesn’t let the fact that he has the whole world stalking him change the fact that he just can’t be bothered to be perfect. I am 22, and i have always been attracted to the guys who never cared much about hygiene. i’m not talking about the non-bathers and “lost-my-toothbrush-last-year” guys, but the ones who are like “shaved last week, isn’t that good enough?” i mean, i love him washed or unwashed, dressed in high-fashion or week-old flannel. A good guy is measured by the substance of his heart and luminosity of his mind, not in the cleanliness of his follicles.

12. loltanyasmynametoo says:

just because he doesn’t wash his hair doesn’t mean he doesn’t bathe. That mirror article was weird… it described bella as a “beautiful virgin” (creepy…)

13. I’m guessing he means he doesn’t STYLE his hair. It sure looks clean in that photo! Up that close, you’d be able to tell.
    And, Mathew McConaughey has interviewed several times that he doesn’t use deodorant. Hasn’t hurt his standing on the “sexiest people” list!

14. Bella Cullen says:

Lmaos! Wow… haha Im pretty sure Rob was sarcastic when he said that lol i dont think he thought people would actually believe him… lmaos

15. Twilight Nymph says:

okay when I said the taurus thing I meant by guys. Sorry if it offended anyone. I just went off by experience.

16. Okay…
    He REAllyyyy needs to wash his hair-like now.
    I can look past it, because he plays Edward, but Robert! Please! wash it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. ummm, no its coming ourt in like 3 weeks and luckily thats the end of term and a half day so i can maybe go and see it on the 19th!!!

18. Yeah, I don’t know why they said it comes out this week, I wish! ;)

19. they have the premier on the 3rd this week and then the film comes out on the 19th… i cant wait!!!!!

20. If anyone has a brother, I think what Robert is admitting about his lack of personal hygiene completely relatable! My brother is 24 and a “pretty boy” if you will- showers when he has to, but definitely takes longer in between than I would advise. :P If only the ladies knew…

21. Robs going to be interviewed on GMTV on Thursday. Sorry, if this has already been posted, I just found out!
    And there was an article in Empire about Twilight. And the Sugar magazine too!

22. Haha, these articles don’t exactly make the UK press look very good, do they?
    Oh, dear.
    GMTV on Thursday, fellow Brits!
    Can’t wait :)

23. arielkid78 says:

Rob has a different sense of humor, most of the time he is saying the weirdest things… but they are so funny!!! LOL

It is obvious that he washes his hair!

He doesn’t shave often so what? He doesn’t do laundry that often either who does?

Sounds familiar?

24. Looking 4 My Edward says:

I can’t wait for the 19th xD

It’s my last day of school too, so we’re all going to see it on the night to celebrate!

And who’s watching GMTV on Thurs? ME ME ME!!!

25. Who’s going to the premier tonight in Leicester Square? I live in London but darn it I can’t go :(
    Seeing Twilight on the 20th with 20+ people, cant wait!

That OK article was funny lol. Trust The Mirror to make a big deal out of a little sarcastic (if it was) comment :P

26. hmmm i was wondering by any chance will the twilight cast be in germany between 11Dec till christmas or in Uk from 19Dec to 23Dec? hmmm

1. [...] the original post on Twilight Lexicon Share and Enjoy: These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and [...]