Saturday Night Live?

The Movie Fanatic has a story on potential appearances of Twilight cast members on shows like SNL, Ellen, etc.

Fan, The Madchatter, over on Twilight Moms has even organized an letter writing campaign to Lorne Michaels, legendary producer of SNL, in the hopes of making this happen.

According to the Twilight Moms post, (which we like because it involves directly e-mailing something that is highly effective, not a e-petition which show organizers routinely dump because it is so easy to electronically fake signatures) :

1. Send an email on November 1st to any of the following:
SNL
NBC
Lorne Michaels himself at lorne@lornemichaels.com

If you would like to send emails before the first by all means go ahead but I think if we can get the numbers to exceed a few thousand emails then we’ll get their attention. To get those numbers in just one day, they’d be crazy not to listen!

2. Use "Twilight on SNL"  or "Robert Pattinson on SNL" as the subject. I think the only chance we have is if they see the sheer numbers of emails coming in with the same subject line and then open a few out of curiosity. If you’d like to expound on the many virtues of Twilight and Robert Pattinson by all means go ahead!

3. If you would also like to cc your local NBC affiliate that would be awesome as well. This is as grassroots as you can get.

4. Spread the word to everyone you’ve every met in your life! Especially those with Facebook, MySpace and YouTube accounts. Create new threads wherever you can and most importantly….HAVE FUN WITH THIS!

Good Luck out there!!!

Comments

1. first post! :)

this would be really cool but itd be cooler once twilight came out and more people knew of him.
    i know rob has the ability to pull it off though!

2. Alu Rathbone says:

I WANT JACKSON RATHBONE ON SNL!!!

Kellan too…

All the cullens actually… with bella…

I can only imagine the script… oh god… and Kristen Wigg is the shiz!!! so is adam sandburg!

3. lirael cullen says:

That is so awesome!! We’d be crazy not to watch it like seriously hahah I’m definitely sending something..woot! woot!

4. Lexicon, Regarding your comment on (not a e-petition which show organizers routinely dump because it is so easy to electronically fake signatures) I think any efforts should be recognized, Dont dis it because all thos who sign these e-petitions beleive they may be making a difference and have poured their hearts out on the comment boards so because it is near impossible to get your honest heart felt plea to the intended these days and e-petition gives those hope that perhaps they might take note if they join together… Sorry to go off on a rant, Its just those of us who dont have the "hook-up" on how to contact any affiliates directly, we use any avenue we can, e-petitions included… Ok I am done… Thanks

The reasons we don’t do e-petitions is flat out they are a complete waste of time. People put hard work or their feelings into something that frankly gets them no place. We want to direct them to something that actually works!

Don’t take our word for it, take a look at the Snopes site to see why e-petions don’t work. http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/petition/internet.asp  If you want to make a real difference in anything. A direct email, a direct letter, a phone call, or a old fashioned hard copy petition gets noticed. E-petions routinely are trashed for the reasons we stated and the reasons stated in the Snopes article.

Pel

5. pearljaimes says:

Oh I would like to see all of them on there BUT rob first, he would totally shut SNL down! And can you imagine the Twilight spoofs LOL :P

6. Twifanatic Amanda says:

He seems like the kind of guy who would laugh at himself instead of being serious to make the audience laugh

I would still watch it :) but I am so not sold on the idea that he’d be any good XD

7. I’m totally gunna do this. But it’d be best if the whole cast, or atleast some, were on snl, not just Rob.

8. and the email is sent!!! oh i hope this takes off!!

9. Kathleen luvs Twilight says:

He would be so funny just because if you ever really head him in a good interview he is funny, sometimes uses a bad launguge, and could do very well with thinking on his feet with improve. I would love to see him on SNL just cause I do watch it and i love Rob so it will be good together. Just like the Sara Palin thing they do which is very funny. Go Rob still waiting for you to marry me!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

10. And what if Rob doesn’t want to do this? lmao

11. I was just thinking wat Thinker said!! HAHA! What if we all freak out and want him or the entire cast to be on SNL or something and they really don’t WANT to do it! I think the spoofs would be hilarious, though. lol I plan on sending an email on Nov 1. *crossing fingers* Hope he/they agree to be on!! :)

12. oh im so doing this!!!!= )

hope it works!!!!!

13. genuinesmile says:

i tried posting a comment but it’s not showing up =/

14. genuinesmile says:

I would loooove to see Rob doing SNL skits :P
    I was reading around on other blogs, thoughts people have posted about it being too soon, but keep in mind this is a petition to get him on SNL…i don’t think it would be immediately, there’s no set date?!! Plus i do believe that SNL schedules people in advance, not a last-minute thing?!! I’m all for REQUESTING Rob as a guest, or any other Twilight cast member or for that matter any of 2-3people at the same time. lol

On The Movie Fanatic- http://themovie-fanatic.com/exclusive_articles/star_news!/rob_snl_gig/ there was a post by Lauren N P (October 17, 2008) that i thought was pretty awesome and sort of made me laugh just picturing it in my head ;)

“I think it would be funny if Rob did a spoof on Harry Potter or Daniel Radcliffes Equis (being somewhat nude and riding a pony would be a wonderful look on Rob). Because he has worked with Daniel and is friends with him, it would be more light hearted. Plus- there is always a heated debate about Harry Potter vs Twilight.
    It could also be funny if he made fun of Russel Brand from the MTV movie awards, since he got cut off by him mid- sentence and they are both British with BIG crazy hairstyles.
    He could also do a clip from Bram Stokers Dracula- like an old classic vampire. “

15. I really want to do this!!!! If this works out im gonna be laughing my butt off!! But I really want to see the whole cast on The Tonight Show!! That would be amzing :D

16. spunkisminee2 says:

I sent the e-mail but of course I am going to send it again on Nov. 1
    And yeah it would be totally awesome if Spunk did a skit on Dracula:)

17. Edwards singer says:

how can i email you guys at the lex? i have 2 websites that have a TON of movie photos!!!!

18. Bella and Edward says:

The best would be Kristen and Rob. What better then the new couple of the year selling it together! And its much more likely as Kristen is the bigger name still.

19. Rob on SNL would be comedic gold. His dry Brit sense of humor is so understated and awesome, the amazing writers there could really give him a great script to do, and regardless of what they spoofed, I think he could pull it off. I think it’s a given that it would be after Twilight is released, and I really hope Mr. Lorne Michaels continues to show his amazingly good judgement in choosing the show’s host…(hint: choose Rob) ;)

20. I tried sending an email and it came back with a fatal error. I think it would be great seeing Rob on SNL. I think the best skit would be Sarah Palin pretending not to remember Edward as he recognizes her from her days in the Denali coven. Is there another email address?

21. The only bad thing about spoofing Twilight is that not everyone knows what it is. That whole Palin/Denali coven skit would be good, but people would have to understand what that was–I guess the writers could slip info in, but they’d have to make it understandable.

22. i love Twilight (^^)
    *writes a semilong email*
    tee-hee
    –jen

23. Hi! Since the z100 radio interview where Rob was asked if he’d heard about the petition (the video is hilarious) and the LA Times interview where Rob said it would be “cool” to do the gig if a little nerve-wrecking, we’ve vamped up our efforts to get Twilight on SNL. Please visit blogspot for all the updated info. Ellen, The Today Show and Ryan Seacrest are our next targets for the email campaign. We’re hoping that our large ## of emails will encourage them to ask Rob about the campaign. Keep the buzz going!

1. [...] Popwatch blog has 3 Reasons why Rob should host SNL.  They recently picked up on the fan generated buzz and [...]

2. Evening News says: