In the News

Bob Thompson from the National Post has an awesome article with Catherine Hardwicke about the movie. She talked about the search for Bella and Edward and includes the Weather clip that debuted on the Greetings From Twilight site.

The Host takes the 4th place slot in this week’s Publisher’s Weekly Bestseller’s list. And in the Wall Street Journal’s Bestseller’s list Stephenie snags the 4th (Twilight), 5th (The Host), and 10th (Eclipse) place slots.

The Advertizer.com has an article about Twilight being one of the summer’s hot reads along with a few other books that might be something to check out while we wait for Breaking Dawn to release.

The Kansas City Star has an article about a few of the YA novels that are about to meet the big screen. From Twilight to the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2, it has a fun peek of movies to look forward to in the upcoming months.

Comments

1. I’m so pshyched for the movie scene in the next couple of months…so many good things are coming out.

2. Midnight_Sunshine says:

Yay! Stephenie’s books are getting more publicity! The Movie! Yay!!! Some of those books sound interesting.

3. Michelle says:

I can’t wait, I’m gonna burst!

4. Victoria says:

TWILIGHT GUY IS DOING ROUND 2 OF THE TWILIGHT SONG !! AND CHAPTER 22 IS UP !!

5. cool

6. Claire Ateara says:

This is really cool! And, this is really weird: I was in a musical, double-cast, so when I wasn’t playing my “role” and was in the chorus I had to go in on this one scene and I was always reading a book. Opening weekend, I actually starting reading the book, and I finished it by the end. It was so obscure I never thought I’d hear of it. Guess what? It’s that Tale of Desperauex (sp?) one! I’m still laughing!!!

Sorry, had to share :)

Also, I found these three songs that remind of Twilight (there are many more, but I just found these):
    “Winner at a losing game” by Rascal Flatts for Jacob
    “Some Hearts” by Carrie Underwood for Bella thinking about Edward
    “Starts with Goodbye” by Carrie Underwood for Bella about Jake (sooo sad!)

I know they’re all country, but in the other ones that I haven’t listed there are rock ones too. Either way, check them out!

Oh, one more thing: don’t know how many of you caught my list of good books to read, but I’m adding the Morganville series by Rachel Caine on there, because it was REALLY GOOD. Read it! ;)

7. Yey, I’m so happy for all the publicity Twilight seems to get! But in the “Bob Thompson…” thing, they spelled both Kirsten Stewart and Robert Pattinson wrong! ( according to them, Kirstin stewart and Robert Pattison…) Just a litte thing I noticed X) Please make them fix it XD Anyways, it’s really great the movie is so popular!

I have also found some songs which I think would go good with the twilight-series!

The song ” I’m alive”(or something like that) that goes on the radio ALL the time. I can’t find it at youtube, and I have no idea who sings it. So if you know which song I’m talking about, please tell me! Anyways, I think it goes great to New moon! And it’s kind of SM’s kind of “rock”style. And it’s good. She kind of screams I’m alive in a really high pitch, so I always think she says Abigail XD.

“you are goodbye”- Holly Conlan. This song I found randomly somewhere, and I LOVE it. It’s so amazing, especilly if you think it as twilight. It doesn’t remind a lot of twilight, unless you think like, in 15 years and THE WORST has happened (edward and bella breaking up :() But IF that happened, this song would go GREAT. Especially the first verse. Check it out :) I’m doing a twilight video to the song ;)

OK, back to boring non-twilight world. :) And to all the people here who havn’t read The host ( which I’m guessing now, you all have…) READ IT. It’s the best book ever. (and twilight.)

8. Alba:
    are you talking about All Around Me by Flyleaf? If so, thats a really good song and i agree it describes Bella perfectly!
    And all of this publicity is great for Stephenie.. its making me more excited everyday for Breaking Dawn and the movie! =]

9. Ok, go to stephenie’s myspace, she posted a comment on the “you guys rock” post. She’s doing the Quote of the Day again!! YAY!!!

10. Isabella says:

I am 18 and i was wondering how u can jion hisgoldeneyes!

– Isabella =)

11. That article in the National Post is really very good. See Robert, you are special!!!

12. The articles were great – thanks for posting them, Twilight Lexicon!
    Here’s my two cents on a good song for the Twilight Saga – “But Not Tonight” by Depeche Mode. If you look up the lyrics online, you’ll see what I mean.

13. CK: Are you talking about that song that has a line that says ” I can feel you all around me” that’s always on the radio? Bcause I really like that song for Twilight and I ‘m not sure who sings it.

Go Stephenie!!!! Her books are getting more and more popular!!! YAY!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

14. Flyleaf is so old and so are those songs. The radio needs to play something else.

15. AliceFreak:
    yeah thats the one =]
    its by Flyleaf and its one of the final songs we can vote for on the Twilight guy’s website…and i agree with you i think its perfect for twilight!

16. GUYS SOMEONE POSTED A DVD SEAK PEAK OF THE TWILIGHT TRAILER. IF YOU WANT TO SEE IT HERE IT IS http://www.youtube.com/user/Vivi051387

17. Claire Ateara says:

OMG, andrea, that clip was freaking AWESOME!!!!!!!!! THEY ARE SO CUTE TOGETHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Totally just made my day, thanks! :D

18. proud_twihard says:

hi, does anyone know if it is possible to see the news posts from before the bottom of the front page? Thanks.

19. Yey, Yeah, exactly that one! Thanks :D I knoow! Isn’t it pretty perfect? ooh, I like flyleaf XD Every time it goes on, I’m like ” OOHHH, WAIT, The Twilight song!” :D and then like a ten minutes explanation to my mom, exactly why I think it’s perfect XD I’m gonna listen to it this second :D Thanks!

20. twihard4life says:

ANDREA YOU ARE MY HERO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT WAS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I CAN”T WAIT ANYMORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

21. WE’E LOSiNG TO TOKiO HOTEL…NOT GOOD! VOTE FOR TWiLiGHT ON PORTRAiT MAGAZINE’S POLL…NOW!…please? LOL

22. eager 4 eternal damnation says:

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH ANDREA – YOU ROCK!!! THAT WAS SOOOOO AWESOME!!!
    LOVE THEIR CHEMISTRY!!
    *squeal*

23. eager 4 eternal damnation says:

why do i have to wait about 5 more months before i can see the movie? i just CANNOT wait!
    =|

24. there are several polls about twilight at people choice

check out the buzz tab…
    hurry only 6 days left!!!

link: http://www.pcavote.com/pca/polls.jsp?filterParam=2&sort=-startDate

25. eager 4 eternal damnation says:

and good thing that spunk doesnt look like the “all american guy”…..LOL
    :D

26. The third part of Vivi051387’s videos was posted.

27. I was at Denny’s today, and I couldn’t help but over hear a girl near us talking about Twilight. I knew it was Twilight before she said “Edward,” Bella,” or any other names relating to Twilight. I’m just that good. Just throwing it out there. It’s *really* gaining popularity right now…

28. Nicole Loves Edward says:

OMG THAT VIDEO ON YOUTUBE WAS FREAKIN’ AMAZING!!!!!
    December needs to come faster!

29. stephanie/ twilighter32494 says:

CPR..NOW!!!!
    ANDREA YOU ALMOST KILLED ME…BUT I FREAKING LOVEEEEEEEEE YOU!!!
    ROB & KRISTEN… BRAVO *CLAPS*

30. Mary Alice Cullen says:

OH MY EDWARDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
    THAT VIDEO JUST MADE MY DAY THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH ANDREA UR THE BEST!! I LOVE THAT VIDEO!!

31. Mary Alice Cullen says:

Robert lookssssss sooooooooooo gooddddddddddddddd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He makes a great Edward and Kristen makes a great Bella.
    They look great together!!!

32. Yay Stephenie! She’s getting tons of publicity!

33. schuyeler says:

yay I loved the host! I just finished it yesterday….

on another note…

Tokio Hotel (29888) 30%
    Twilight Cast (29883)

TOKIO HOTEL IS IN THE LEAD – THEY’RE WINNING BY 5 VOTES!!

OMG! GO VOTE FOR THE TWILIGHT CAST @

34. i never heard of tokio hotel until this poll, where did they come from/why are they so popular? i dont get it

35. Claire Ateara says:

Agreed, amanda – I’ve never heard of Tokio Hotel either. Anyone know who they are???

36. About Tokio Hotel-

All I know is that they are German and they had one song that was popular for a while (but, of course, I don’t know the name of it.)

37. Claire Ateara says:

Still losing by 20 votes, people! GO VOTE FOR THE TWILIGHT CAST, if you haven’t already :)

I know everyone keeps posting that link, but I also know that when I’m getting ready to comment I usually read the first comment and the last comment – so I’m trying to keep this fresh in people’s minds! Show them Twilight rules the universe!!! :D

38. OK

39. mademoiselle.cullen says:

i hate tokyo hotel.. the singer looks like a girl
    i didnt know if he was a she o if it was a he LOL

40. proud_twihard says:

does anyone know if it is possible to see the news posts from before the bottom of the front page? thanks.

41. googlyeyes says:

proud_twihard
    i think this is what your looking for but I dont know. You can look in the archives which are on the side just click on july go to the bottom of the page and it will tell you “previous entries”

42. proud_twihard says:

yeah, that’s what I wanted. Thanks!

43. proud_twihard says:

wow, now that I see it, I feel really stupid.

44. The twilight cast is going to be in the October issue of Teen Vogue, I read this here..http://www.robert-pattinson.co.uk/?p=363

45. edwarded says:

If someone wants to drool, squee, scream, have a heart attack and hysterics in the same time, go watch this:

I’m still under the chock. Spunk really is an angel sent by the sky. No one else could have handle this role. He IS Edward.

46. is the piano in the backround her lullaby????

47. :D TILIGHT :D IS :D GETTING :D MORE :D AND :D MORE :D KNOWN :D ALL :D OVER :D THE :D BOOKLISTS :D !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :o :o :o :o :o

48. Bite Me says:

YAY for Twilight. It deserves all the praise and recodnition it’s getting atm.

And for Katie, no, it’s not the Lullaby. It’s Debussy’s Clair De Lune (Piano)

49. Bite Me:

Clair de Lune is playing in the second Sneak Peek, the one where Edward and Bella dance. But in the third clip, the one with the behind the scenes stuff, it’s not Clair de Lune the background music. It’s something else, also on piano. Some people are guessing it’s Bella lullaby.

50. Bite Me says:

oOo I assumed it was the 2nd vid she (Katie) was speaking about.
    My bad!

I doubt they’d let us hear Bella’s lullaby yet. But ya never know!

1. In the News says:

[…] Read the original post on Twilight Lexicon Share and Enjoy: These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and discover new web pages. […]