Robert Pattinson’s Music

I will preface this entire post by saying the following…

The website you are about to be given is a music MySpace for Robert Pattinson.  It was found by user Nena Cullen.  It is under a stage name.  It is legitimate, I have confirmed it.  That being said…

It is NOT a fan site.

It is NOT a Twilight site.

You may of course friend him, comment on his music, please be respectful of the site’s intent which is Rob’s music, not Rob’s film career or personal life.

This site was never meant for the attention of Twilight.  But for the love of music.  If you like his music, friend him.  Personally I think he has a strong Bob Dylan type style.

And now we give you, …The Music of Robert Pattinson.

Edited: Because there seems to be some question. We checked if it was OK with his management company before we linked to what was a publicly accessibly, non-friends locked page on MySpace that anyone could find.  Secondly, I can’t speak to who had what portion of this story, when, where, and how. I can only speak to us getting a tip today, us checking it through Rob’s official representatives, and that they confirmed that it was legit, and did not state they wanted the story quashed, or preferred that we not mention it.

Edited 2:  The commentary is now off from incoming trolling from another community who near as we can figure is upset that this isn’t their private secret anymore.

Once again, we checked with Rob’s management (unlike any other community posting this info) before we posted this. We would have not posted it if they hadn’t OKed the post. You can believe us or not that is your prerogative.

Rob has used the stage name Bobby Dupea for quite awhile in the London club music scene. Many artists use different names in different genres, ask Keanu Reeves or Russell Crowe.

Comments

1. googlyeyes says:

Robert on myspace???

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Holy Crow… 1st?

Anyway, thank you SO MUCH! I have been extremely curious about his music ever since he mentioned he had a band in one Twilight Tuesday.

Off to check it out!

3. I already saw the video but the link doesn’t seem to be working…?

Its working fine for me.  Its a MySpace account, not a youtube video.  ~Cocoa

4. inlovewithtwilight says:

I hate to say it, but I’m not sure if this was such a good idea to post this. He seems to be a pretty private person. I just hope that people really do heed your warning.

We would never post anything that wasn’t okayed.  ~Cocoa

5. Holy Crap!! Thats AMAZING! He has a BEAUTIFUL voice and he is so talented! LOVE HIM.

6. Victoria says:

Wow I will defintly have to check it out!

7. KATIEKAT says:

i love it.amazingness.
    he’s adorable in every aspect.

8. Victoria says:

I defintly have to say his voice is a lot different than what I am use to it’s kinda raspy and has a almost country vibe to it in it also sounds like he was probally in a night club at the time.

9. Umm, so you’re positive it’s legite? Because in the “About bobby dupea” section, all it says is be my friend. I just don’t believe that’s somthing Rob would put. I kinda don’t think it’s real.

10. Thank you for the link!
    Twilight Lexicon is awesome!

11. Victoria says:

Kate I am pretty sure they went in checked it because they had the link up before and took it off because a lot of people thought it was a fake if you don’t believe it is real report it.

12. JulesCullen says:

His voice sounds a lot better here than in the previous video. I still prefer his guitar playing. I think his best was “stray dog”. I would really like to hear something upbeat from him. I’m no expert about singing, but I think that would suit his voice better.

13. It’s interesting to hear him singing, but he doesn’t sing very well… Actually, I think he’s better at playing music.

14. Sarah K says:

Cool!! He truly is amazing!!!

Yea i hope people do take the warning seriously.

15. He really is a brilliant one isn’t he.

16. I have to agree with “inlovewithtwilight” when saying that I really don’t believe it was a good idea either. With all of this exposure to his ‘secretive’ account perhaps it will be deleted within a few days. I know if I had an account under an alias, I don’t think I would enjoy a countless number of people invading my page.
    His voice is really lovely, its just I dont know if I agree with the idea. :)

17. Mary Alice Cullen says:

Is he the one singing? It doesn’t sound like him. It remines me of a cafe. I like it.

18. It seems that people can’t respect his privacy if you’re alright with posting a link to his myspace. Clearly, he went to the trouble of somewhat making it difficult to find and you guys have the audacity to post it for everybody to see. Oh and by the way, it’s really not an exclusive.

Actually we went to the trouble of speaking with his management who said that it was legitimate and they knew it would get out.  We asked if they didn’t want us to post it.  They said it was inevitable.  I would never have posted anything not managment approved.  Now I am fine with the fact that you don’t agree with it being posted, however, word was going to get out and we would rather be have the link up with the added cautions included above, then it be posted by someone else and the same care not be given.  ~Cocoa

19. Victoria says:

Yeah everybody who is worried about it I am pretty sure that cocoa asked permission she put it up their so stop worrying about it do as they say either like it or hate it!

20. Victoria says:

THEY ASKED PERMISSION!!!!!!!!!!!
    Can know one not get that if you are so worried report it.
    If he put it on myspace he should expect someone to find it.

21. Thank You

I saw a YouTube video yesterday of him singing and WOW!!!
    Thanks Again!!!

22. doesnt sound like dylan to me.. not as much meaning in the lyrics.. but i still like it though

23. Jenbarn76 says:

I actually knew about this page for a few days… and I didn’t tell anyone. I just thought it would not be right to put it out there.

I did post the link to the video over at Twilight Moms, but not the actual myspace page.

Just my opinion. I guess we will know if a few days how he feels about it, if he pulls the myspace page down.

Jen

24. brianna_mmm says:

Whoah!
    His voice is alot different than how I expected!
    Its very unique.
    He plays the guitar very well =D
    I like his style

25. why is his name bobby dupea?

26. Annette says:

Wow. Thanks!

It sounds nothing like him. I love his guitar and the way he sounds when he holds a note I guess you could call it. LOL his picture. Thanks again!

27. Mary Alice Cullen says:

weres the youtube video i can’t find it.

28. Just wanted to say Alex, anyone who posts something on MySpace, specifically a celebrity, does it with the knowledge that people will find it. You can’t “make something difficult to find” on the internet.

Yay Robert :)

29. I’m sorry, but I’ve been listening to his songs, and has anybody else noticed that when we download the song ‘stray dog’, on the top of the song it appears the name ‘Nikki Reed’? The actress who plays Rosalie, right?

It can be just something he randomly typed, but I was just curious. Any ideas?

30. Annette says:

Is his sister Lizzy Pattinson? She’s a friend on there…Anyway, I don’t have a myspace and am not allowed one so all I can do is listen to it.

sorry i posted twice!

31. * On the top of the name of the song… Sorry.

32. stupidshinyvolvo_owner says:

sonal:

maybe because it’s a another name for robert?

and dupea probably stands for something we don’t know of….

anyway, i don’t know how i feel about this either….

let us hope spunk R. doesn’t feels too overwhelmed by this.

33. I really really like it. It has a very relaxing feel with just the guitar in the background, and his voice is very unique. The feel of the music sort of reminds me of john Mayers, and Josh Kelleys tranquil style, not their voices just the style.

34. Wow, he sounds nothing like I’ve imagined him to sound.
    I like it. :)
    He has a very unique and different voice.

35. LOVE HIM!!!

36. probably a temporary glitch, it’s coming up fine now thanks :)

37. While I fully understand you asked permission of his management, I still think it wasn’t the best thing to do. His management may not mind the exposure, but Robert has intentionally kept it low-key. Telling people not to do this and that to his page isn’t going to stop them. Maybe it was inevitable for the MySpace link to be revealed, but I think you only aided in the exploitation.

Without revealing the exact nature of emails we had with his management. Suffice it to say we wouldn’t have posted it if they said no, or that they were about to take it down.
    Pel

38. umm, it was amazing to listen to, but i am not sure its real. lets just say it doesnt sound or seem like him at all…
    also the lyrics are a bit…different…
    other than that i am a complete and hopeless ADDICT to him and anything twilight!!!!!!!! :)

39. Mary Alice Cullen says:

Can someone please pretty please with sugar on top help me and post the link to the youtube video please!!! :)

40. filipamd says:

love it, the music is beautifull and really relaxing. ^^

41. “D

42. gets better near the end, but it still does NOT seem like that voice would be coming from rob.

43. You may have asked his management, but I still don’t think it was a good idea to post this. He obviously went out of his way to make it low key and difficult to find. You can say all you want that people shouldn’t bother him on there, it won’t stop them. I agree that it is pretty much impossible to hide anything for long on the internet, but he has the right to privacy and to try to be a normal 22 year old which usually means having some sort of social networking profile. I give it a few days until he gives up and just deletes it. Good job.

I hear what you are saying, however; the account was not privacy locked which would seem to indicate flying low on the radar with only a few private friends wasn’t the intent.  Nonetheless we checked it with his management before posting this.
    Pel

44. the music is beautiful without a doubt

but

it makes me sad and depressed, nevertheless soulful

45. Why are you claiming it’s an exclusive??? Someone posted this link on ontd_twatlight on Livejournal 2 weeks ago. Stop trying to claim credit for everything.

Sorry, we thought we had it that way that the time we spoke to his management. We didn’t know about the previous coverage as ontd_twatlight is not a community we or they visit.
    Pel

46. Jenbarn76 says:

Bobby Dupea is a character in a movie played by Jack Nicholson “Five Easy Pieces.”

47. Victoria says:

Okay again you can NEVER hide anyhing if you post it on the internet especially on myspace he wasn’t trying to keep it low key if he posted it on myspace.

48. Victoria says:

Sam probally because twilight lwxicon actually asked permission while Livejournal 2 probally never did.

49. Asking for permission doesn’t make sharing a public URL that a lot of people already knew about an exclusive.

See my reply on your previous post.
    Pel

1. [...]  Twilight Lexicon has found something every interesting! You really must click here its so cool! (Are you still here?!? Click on that that link! LOL) [...]