Borders Announces Its Midnight Release Theme

Borders has just unveiled their theme for their midnight release parties. After months of listening to and taking suggestions from you the fans, this is what they have come up with according to their press release:

More than 900 Borders and Waldenbooks stores across the country will celebrate the highly anticipated release of “Breaking Dawn,”…with exciting in-store book release parties beginning at 10 p.m. Friday, Aug. 1 and culminating at midnight when the book officially goes on sale. The Borders and Waldenbooks parties, themed “From Twilight til Dawn: A Night with a Bite,” will include costume contests, trivia contests and lively debates on themes from the book series.

To locate a participating Borders or Waldenbooks store, visit www.Borders.com.  (note items are still being added to this site)

All Borders and Waldenbooks customers are encouraged to attend the free parties dressed as characters from the book series to participate in the “Supernatural Soiree” costume contest. The fun begins at 10 p.m. with the “So You’re in Love with a Vampire?” trivia contest using questions supplied from… www.TwilightLexicon.com,… Customers will also have the opportunity to decide who the character Bella will choose for her true love – Jacob or Edward – during the “Love Is Perfectly Paranormal” debate. Throughout the “From Twilight til Dawn” parties, there will be prizes for contest winners, including special souvenirs and a chance to be first in line at midnight to purchase the book.

Comments

1. imaginary says:

Oh I’m so excited!

2. Sara( Yeah theres many of us) says:

I’m SO going to Borders! (Its closer anyway- like three minutes away xD)

3. This is a really cool idea. Since you guys (the Lexicon) is going to be making up the questions, will the public be able to submit questions? I think that would be really cool. This sounds awesome!

I’m not sure I know what you mean about the public submitting questions. This isn’t Q&A stuff. It’s the pre-written trivia that they give out to people when they come in the store.  So, definitely brush up on book facts, info on Stephenie’s site like playlists, extra details and such , as well as the info in her personal correspondences.  So, the questions will definitely prove to be a fun challenge for the peole there. No easy creampuff questions like "What color car does Edward drive?"

Pel

~~~The questions have already been submitted.  I did them and I tested them out on a few of the staff here at the Lex and managed to stump them on several questions!  Brush up on all your reading… and I do mean ALL!!  Anything Stephenie wrote for Twilight is up for grabs.  ANYTHING!

Alphie

4. Sounds great!! :)

5. loltanyasmynametoo says:

can’t wait! now all i have to do is convince my mom to let me go…

6. Alunamai says:

what the hell am i going to wear? I CAN’T WAIT!

7. AHHH! Now August is going to take even longer to come!!! I can’t wait :D

8. gah! I am so there.

9. i was going to go to the barns and noble one just because it was closer, but i am totally going to this one now

10. TeamRobert! says:

oooh! Oh man, for the first time ever I wish I lived in the United States!
    I hope everyone who goes has tons of fun!

11. Dramatic1 says:

OMG! I don’t have to wear a prom dress! Thank you thank you thank Borders!

i’m totaly going as Jane!

12. yay, i’m so excited! and i’m very glad it isn’t a prom theme, that’s fun and all but i’d rather not be stuck in a dress all night.

13. Claire Ateara says:

They’re having an Edward vs. Jacob debate? Wow, they’re really brave… ;)

I’m SO there :D

14. I’ll be there!

15. Alunamai says:

ooo a member of the voulturi… i could do that…. hmmm i guess i can go as marcus… i wonder if i can get a friend of mine to do Caius… hmmm

16. schweet! can’t wait! :) now i have to figure out what i’m going to wear…

17. How do we figure out if the Borders near us is having a Breaking Dawn release party? I tried the link it has on there but all it shows are the Borders closest to where I live.

Give them til the end of the week, Vicky, and then call the store. I think they’ll be able to give you a firm answer by then. It actually could be that all the ones by you are having a party.
    Pel

18. Claire Ateara says:

Same problem here, vicky. All I found were which Borders are participating in Canada, and I live in the U.S….

19. Sweet. I am so going!

20. Claire Ateara says:

Oh, haha. Thanks Pel! :)

21. haha. im going as bella.

22. ^since people think i look like kristen stewart

23. To see if the store near you is having an event, you have to go to the store’s page and look at their upcoming events.

Just be aware that some are still in the process of updating. They may have more up 30 days prior to the event.

24. Midnight? Borders? Trivia? SWEEEEEEEEETNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :) :D :) :D :) :D :) :D :)

25. omg this is so exciting…….. i cant wait for the party at borders…… and the book comes out on my 16th birthday it cant be real….. i hope they have enough books there to supply a bounch of teen girls

26. i can’t wait!!!!
    what am i going to wear???
    hmmm…..
    where can i get a leg cast?

27. omg that’s sounds like so much fun!!!!

28. Yay!!!!! its going to be friggin awesome!!!!
    But what the hell am I going to wear??? I’ve never been to a release party like this.

29. CullenWannabee says:

OMG!!!!!i have no idea who i am going to be, or what i am going to wear! but this sounds AWESOME

30. isabella*cullen says:

Oh wow! I am SSOOOO there! I’ve only got 5 borders in Utah, so I REALLY hope that one of the stores are hosting one! but I’ve already got my costume! I’ve been waiting for this for SSSOOO long!!! I CAN”T WAIT!!!! :D

31. aahhhh!! im exciteddd =)

btw, CosmoGirl posted an article on Twilight-

32. This is sooo frackin awesome! I really hope the Borders Express stores do it also. I know they’re small but we could all fit in there! That’s the only type of Borders I have around me :(

33. TwilightForever says:

Thanks LIZ for the the cosmogirl article :)

34. I can not wait for the party! Thank you for coming up with this :)
    Now, do you think we can turn “From Twilight to Dawn…..” into t-shirts, etc?
    That is such a great saying!

35. [[Off topic but I would really appreciate an answer ^__^]]: I need some confirmation here people….So here’s my pregunta: I could’ve sworn I heard a producer on one of the Twilight Tuesdays say we were getting a theatrical trailer some time during the summer. Now, did I dream this or did this actually happen???

36. The closest Borders to me is about 2 and 1/2 hours round trip.D: Curses on not being old enough to drive!

37. Alunamai says:

I got the perfect costume… bella at prom… it’s not the exact dress… but poor college student rings true… it’s a dark blue floor length empire waist halter… It’s a gorgeous… I’m going as a bella… YAY!

38. Alunamai says:

lola… it will be on the Penelope dvd which is release in July.

39. irishtea says:

I will be there… MAYBE dressing up. What else can you do besides pale makeup?

40. Awesome, mind if I ask if you know anything about Barnes and Nobles, are they having a party or is it just Borders and Walden?

B&N also has release parties, we posted about it when they first released the info awhile back. They are on a prom theme. You can find their info here http://www.barnesandnoble.com/subjects/teens/index.asp?PID=22841
    Pel

41. Michelle says:

I’m debating whether to go to B&N’s release party or Border’s. I’m sorta leaning towards Borders cause I don’t want to wear my strapless prom dress, but I think B&N is easier to get to. I’m going to the NYC concert before, so I should be able to get to one or the other.

The closest to the Nokia are:  Borders at Penn Station and Columbus Circle.  B&N Greenwhich Village, Union Square, and Lincoln Center.

42. Alunamai says:

ask your local barnes and nobles about it… I know that in Chicago only a hand ful are doing so… and it is only because people went begging… This is why i don’t like Barnes and Nobles… Borders is way better… they take into consideration what the costmer wants… like release parties… but thats my opinion…

Can’t wait.

43. Can’t wait! It’ll be awesome

44. Michelle says:

Thanks! the Twilight Lexicon is fast on responses and updates :D

45. Im am going as the coolest under appreciated character EVER!!!

46. TwilightForever says:

Are there any events in Canada??

47. Melz Syndrome says:

I’m debating about whether Borders of B&N. I can get to both easily, but the Borders is in the mall and TINY. I can’t even imagine how they would fit us all in there.

I really wasn’t going to B&N in a prom gown anyway. xD Me and like the ten of us are coming in our Team Edward/Jacob T-shirts. Werd XD

48. yay!!! there is a store right by me! i’m going and i am draging my friends with me! if Alice said that hostage stuff is fun i guess we will see August 2nd b/c i will be there with my best friend (even if she doesn’t want to go) and if i have to hold her hostage i will!
    yay! i was just re-reading Eclipse but it looks like (even if i know Twilight by heart-even street names mentioned i know) i will have to re-read New moon, because as much as i hate to admit it i always read the very begining and the end when Alice comes back-i have no idea anymore what happens in the middle, its been so long!
    anybody else going to the Borders on Orchard lake road in Michigan?

49. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! IM SOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!! MY FRIEND AND I ARE ALREADY PLANNING WHAT WE ARE GOING TO WEAR FOR THE COSTUME CONTEST. HAHA!!!!

50. YAY!!!! :) I love taht “From Twilight to Dawn” thing. It makes sense: From Twilight to Breaking Dawn!! :D :D :D