Producer: Greg Mooradian

So far you have heard from behind the scenes producer Scott Murray, whose favorite book in the series is Eclipse for its action and character plot.  And then came producer Wyck Godfrey, whose understanding of the need for reality in the film as well as his admitted love of werewolves, got us all very excited for the final product.

Now we will hear from the man who caught the vision first, Twilight producer Greg Mooradian.  Greg first fell in love with the book Twilight long before we ever saw the book on the store shelves.  With an advance copy in hand Greg soon began to pursue the project.  Greg admitted later that day which book in the series was his favorite – for the wonderful producer – Twilight reigns supreme for its emotionally charged love story.  It was a thrill to spend time with him on set and as you are about to see, the film is in very good hands.

We are proud to present an onset interview with Producer Greg Mooradian:

Comments

1. First Comment Ever!

Aw Greg you are so super nice. =]

Thanks Lexicon.

2. love2dream says:

lucky him to get a copy before it was published! I think we seriously underestimate how many men have read this book.
    If it weren’t for some of these men, this movie might never be! Thanks to all the Twilight men behind the scenes, who love these books as much as we do!!! (you know who you are)

3. Wow, I wish I could read the book before it hit the shelves!
    Thanx, Lexicon.

4. RainyForks says:

Awesome, he seems like a really nice guy. Was he eating while talking to you? Or just grinding his teeth? lol.

Gum.  It was really close to lunch time.  :D ~Cocoa

5. Another very interesting interview. Thanks for posting it for us.

6. edwards_maya says:

I wonder what scene they were shooting.

The LaPush Beach scene with Bella and Jacob.  ~Cocoa

7. CullenWannabee says:

wow that was a good interview! thanks! Greg seems really nice, and i cannot wait for the movie!

8. wow its great to see that the producers have SO much passion for this film! I’m so excited to see the end product of their vision!

Mr. Mooradian seems like an awesome guy to talk to!

great interview Lexicon!~ (keep them rolling!)

9. Every time I see an article or interview with each and every person that has worked or been apart of this film…the producers, director, cast and crew. I am so glad it’s all in their hands. I can’t wait to see this movie.

10. understatement says:

yayy!!! hes team edward!! whoo!!! go greg!! cant wait 4 the movie and breaking dawn!!!xD xP

11. Once again, thanks to the Twilight Lexicon for a great interview. I go to your site every single day (sometimes several times). Y’all are the best. It’s nice to find people as obsessed with this series as me. I loved HP, but like Bella loved Jacob. My love for Twilight is more Bella/Edward – all consuming!

12. ShannyKay says:

I really like this guy. When he started mentioning who this fanbase is targetted towards and is mostly made up of, I was prepared to cringe.

But the way he said “teenage girls” and “young women,” you just couldn’t! He said it was such RESPECT! I think this movie is in GOOD hands. For they respect the fanbase and are trying to please it.

13. I love this guy!!!!!!!!

14. great interview!

15. Wow, he is great!
    He was so nice and his answers were very interesting (the questions were, too ;)
    Thanks for this wonderful interview!

16. iluvtwilight says:

Great input, Greg! My thanks goes to Twilight Lexicon and to all the people working in the movie crew, trying so hard to please die hard fans like us. :] GO PRODUCERS!!! :P

17. Cassandra says:

That was ahmazing he seems soo nice. Im pretty sure my doubts about this film have almost completely faded away. Also…in future years remind me to become a writer or a producer or something so i can get books before their on the shelf!

18. il cantante says:

lol “today has been a beach.”

19. “Edward is definately my guy.” LOL Love it!

20. Such a nice guy, i love how he loves twilight and how he’s putting a lot of effort on keeping the movie close to the book and making fans happy.And edward is his guy, what else is there to say!lol :)

21. Dazzled says:

What a great interview!
    and wow, I see yiu changed the main page…looks good!

22. Thanks for the interview. It’s good to see that our books are in the right hands as far the movie production.

23. Woot!! Another Edward lover hahaha :) Greg seems like an awesome guy and this was a good interview! I’m definitely excited for the movie!!! Thanks Lex!

24. YAY GREG!!! Oh my god, I love this movie’s producers. I want to give them all hugs and chocolate! xD

25. Edward Is Mine says:

humm… so this is they guy resposible for Twilight being made isto a movie … alright…

I LOVE HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

26. ~*~EdwardAddict~*~ says:

Wonderful!

27. Aww, Greg seems like a sweetie! Thanks for making your vision of the Twilight movie a reality.

And thanks, Lex, for bringing us this awesome interview.

When he talked about the one moment in the movie that all the fans would gush over, was he talking about the diner scene? I know in the book Bella mostly confronts Edward about his secret in the car, the way back from the diner, but I have a feeling that in the movie she’s going to do it all in the diner.

Anyway, I love these interviews, so please keep ‘em coming!

28. Aww, Greg seems like a sweetie! Thanks for making your vision of the Twilight movie a reality.

And thanks, Lex, for bringing us this awesome interview.

Anyway, I love these interviews, so please keep ‘em coming!

29. Bite-Me says:

The movie is most definately in good hands
    I can’t wait.

Greg seems soooooooooooooo lovely and very passionate about getting this movie just right for the fans :)

GREAT WORK!!!!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    Is is December yet?

30. great interview!
    thanks lexicon!
    btw i like the new homepage, but im wondering if the top banner pic will ever be changed???

31. B Cullen says:

I love him! He seems so passionate about Twilight :)
    It will definitley turn out great :)

32. Debra from Deerfield Beach says:

Greg, I feel your passion. Congrats. I simply cannot wait until this film is out, and all the sequels to follow. I am totally in love with this story, it’s characters and the emotional ride it has given me. Thank You.. Deb

33. Joanne Maria says:

With every video, article, TWILIGHT TUESDAY, with everything, I grow more and more excited, and I never think that it is possible to get any more excited!!!

THANK YOU LEX!!!

34. oohh cool interview

35. nice interview… but it is soooo unfair that he got twilight early!!!!

keep up the wonderful work!!!!!! i can’t wait for the next bit of news, video…ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

36. It’s so awesome to listen to him be so excited about the movie, the books, the fans, all the while freezing in the wind and rain.

Just one question, What’s up with the people in wet suits and surfboards. Are they in the beach scene? did they get paid extra for having to be in the water? BUUUUURRRRR

37. La tua Cantante says:

Great Interview!!!
    He is Great!
    I understand what he means when he said,one day he is Team Edward and the another day Jacob.
    I see why it was so hard for Bella to decide between them.
    They both have such great and different things about them.

38. Aven Joley says:

he repeated like thousand times that he’s read the book before it was published… but still, he seems super nice!

Actually he said it twice and both times were relevant to the question I had asked.  ~Cocoa

39. Could anyone pleeease transcript the interview? It would be so nice ^^

40. amazing interview! i can’t wait!

41. i love twilight

42. Okay so i dont know who to contact but there is a GREAT song that would be PERFECT for the twilight series movies and i would really like it considered. The song is called Say The Word by The Classic Crime. The lyrics, the rocker edge, and the passion felt in this song depict the characters of Bella and Edward perfectly. Feedback would be great :]

43. Greetings Greg,
    if you read these blogs,
    please e-mail me.
    time is 11.12.2008

44. I am begging for all the Twilight sequels to remain PG-13. There is no need for nudity or cussing. The movie was exciting without all that. Even in the fourth book, the author leaves us to our imagination. No breastage or f— words needed.

• my breath gets takin away every time i hear edward say he can’t live without bella and that she is his life. i want to be able to see the their passion for each other throughout the rest of the sequals. you guys did a great job!!!
      I love Twilght…and i love EDWARD and ALICE!!! :)

45. this is the most amazzing website for Twilight!! no wonder stephanie likes it!!
    Couldnt agree more, and she is amazzing too!!
    without her i wouldnt be in love with edward,and alice wouldn’t be the one i’d want as my sister!!!
    hahahhah!!!
    i don’t have a clue as to what i am talking about.
    the rush is amazzin!!!
    I love love love love love Twilight!!!!!!!!!!
    I love you Edward and Alice!!!!!!!!!

1. [...] And finally, The Lexicon has a great video of a set interview with Twilight producer, Greg Mooradian. Watch it HERE. [...]

2. [...] Twilight Lexicon got an interview with the man who caught the vision first, Twilight producer Greg Mooradian.  To watch it, click here! [...]

3. [...] First, Twilight Lexicon got a video interview with the producer Greg Mooradian. [...]