In the News

Carter Burwell has begun scoring the Twilight film.

Mike Welch considers a job running Twilight Tuesday.  (We kid.)  Enjoy two pictures from Mike/Mike’s recent visit to MTV studios and apparently Larry Carrol’s office.

Bite of Twilight is collecting love letters to Stephenie and the Cast of the Twilight film.

And our friend Tom Blunt at AMC talks Horror movies with Kellan Lutz.  Head on over and chime in on his AMC blog.

Comments

1. What does that mean ‘scoring’?

2. NenaCullen says:

Those pictures of Mike/Mike are awesome. Why was he at Mtv? do I see more twilight tuesday awesomeness coming?

3. Oooh, this looks real interesting.

4. Amanda: He’s writing the score for the film, as in, writing the music for the soundtrack.

5. can’t wait to hear the music!

6. VampGirl says:

OMG, AWWWWWESOME PIX OF MIKE\MIKE!!!! :)

7. Anna Mae says:

i am in love with the love letter idea. (:

and mike/mike’s pictures are so adorable. :D

8. I AMS OOO WRITING A LOVE LETTER TO EDWARD!! (NOT RPATZZ)

9. But then what’s the difference between him and Alexandra Pavartis(?) ?

10. Scoring is the music to it such as the background music that probably won’t be on the soundtrack.

I love mike :D

11. Never heard of him. I was always hoping that Hans Zimmer would compose the soundtrack. Now that would be amazing. I’m so picky about choral music. I really prefer instrumental!

12. Aww, Mike is so adorable. We need more interviews with him.

13. xing wang says:

haha i wrote a letter to edward cullen and i ran out of room on the form

14. Who knew Mike/Mike was so versatile? :)

15. Twilight Lexicon… you deserve a party. Thank you so very much… from myself and all of the other administrators! :-)

16. Love the pictures of Mike! He’s so adorably hilarious! :)
    Hope we’ll get to see more interviews with him on the coming Twilight Tusdays!

17. Fatimeh says:

not kidding… i almost cried when i saw mikes pictures.
    i was laughing so hard.

18. anphelps says:

I just listened to some of Carter’s work. He’s brilliant!! (And this is coming from a music major haha :) ) If you go to his website, which is just carterburwell.com, he has a media player which launches in a separate browser window. Listen to Moving Gracefully Towards The Exit — Opening. It’s so simply chilling because of his simple use of the piano. I could definitely hear him writing Bella’s Lullaby.

19. Caroline says:

LOVE the love letter idea.
    I sent one to my favorite under appreciated character that gave a new name to fried fish. lol

20. Kellan seems like such a guy’s guy. That’s really cool that he does his own stunts. I wonder which scene he was refering to? Maybe when Bella is leaving Forks?

Mike/Mike is freaking adorable!

21. strawberryblonde says:

anphelps: im listening to opening at this moment, and you’re absolutely right. i remember robert pattinson being interviewed, and he said he had been asked to write bella’s lullaby, but if he doesn’t, im not complaining at all if this guy writes it. i can’t wait to hear what he comes up with!!

22. Dazzled says:

ooh he did a knights tale I adore that movie!
    moment of silence for Heath Ledger.

23. I love the look on Mike/Mike’s face… Priceless!

24. Hah… I love Mike/Mike… (M&M? xD)

And yes sir, I might enjoy Mr. Burwell’s music on the movie. He looks like a brilliant composer.

25. Haha! Mike’s trying to take over ‘Twilight Tuesday’. Now thats a new one. Thats so cool! Yay!

26. Mike looked so cute in the second picture where he’s ‘working’. lol.
    Time to write a love letter.

27. googlyeyes says:

HAHA Carla i think im goign to start calling him that!!
    =D M&M

28. Crystal says:

haha i loved the picture of mike, although it made me wonder why larry never is in the camera during the interviews…
    oh and so well is this guy like acctually composing music for the movie or does he just find existing music and put it in the rights spaces or whatever?

29. Jessica says:

So how long does it normally take to score a film then be available for purchase?

30. Carter Burwell has a fanastic profile of movies he’s written scores for, so I feel Twilight is in excellent hands. I’m glad too because the writing is highly emotional and deserves a moving score.

31. Mike Welch is lookin’ pretty hot these days.

32. mike is so cute I love him

33. bumblebee33 says:

hehe i wrote a love letter to edward!!! :D

34. THE twilighter. says:

Omg, the music has to be soo good :o. really.
    awww mike! love him

35. I just sent my letter to Edward! ^_^

36. CullenWannabee says:

I sent my letter(s) to Kristen Stewart and Ashley Greene! I love the pictures of Mike! Soo cute!

37. CullenWannabee says:

Oh and of course I had to send a love letter to Edward!

38. Nicole Loves Edward says:

wait, does this mean that Rob isn’t writing the lullaby? or is carter burrell just writing the other music in the movie?

Anyway, Mike/Mike is so funny and i liked that article about Kellan.

39. i’m gonna write a love letter to Jacob! hate me, everyone on the lexicon, hate me… i don’t care!!! lol jk…. I just know how everyone hates Jacob

40. Door Hinge says:

Delicious scores. If one thing besides Breaking Dawn will tide me over for the movie, it will be listening to the score. Hopefully it’ll be released in November. Or earlier. A girl can dream. 8D
    My life is in your hands. Mr. Burwell.

41. Dang Mike looks so mush older in the pictures