in the news

It’s Twilight verses Harry Potter in a Reelz Channel face off.  (But we all know that it’s possible to love them both, no need for a fight here. :))  Be sure to watch for our very own Alphie in the video!

Both Hollywood.com and Celebrityphoto.com have pictures of our dynamic duo Kristen and Spunk from the MTV Movie Awards.

And finally this afternoon, Edi and I are in a current state of shock!  In less then 24 hours Twilight fans rallied together and reached that 1000 friend MySpace wish!  I am overcome.  When I saw the total this morning I literally teared up.  You never cease to astound me Twilight fans.  After he emailed me this morning to tell me the news I joked that maybe my goal should be diverted now since we already reached his goal.  Maybe we, as fans, should try for a little healthy competition?  Say…seeing if we can best Peter Facinelli’s MySpace total?  So what do you think Twilight fans, are you game for a Twilight friending stand off?  Edi verses Peter?  (All in good fun of course.)

Comments

1. Twilight will totally kick harry potter’s a**.The guy on reelz is funny. oh yeah the war is on and we will win

2. Which sites declared an all-out war? 0_0

3. Bring it on. We can beat out Harry Potter any day

4. Yeah i hate that they said that… Twilighters generally arent as competitive lol btw that reelz twilight thing was kinda wrong.. i mean i LOVE that twilight is getting so much publicity but i REALLY wish they would stop talking about werewolves because it spoils New Moon for those who havent read it yet :( Plus some of the cast photos were wrong ;)

We have already alerted them to the mistakes.  ~Cocoa

5. britishtwilightfan says:

twilight>harry potter

6. Edward Is Mine says:

we will because i will watch it

over and over and over and over and over and over and
    over and over and over and over and over and over and AGAIN!!!!!!!!

7. sparkilingskin says:

is it just me or is the celb photos not working

8. Natasha says:

I love both series, but I do not favor the Harry Potter films.
    I hope Twilight does well though! I’ll see it everyday for all of winter break.

9. bettingonalice357 says:

I love them both so much!!!

I absoulutley despise all of the HP Twilight comparisons! They’re both extremely well written and amazing pieces of literature. Although HP will always hold a special spot in my heart that not even Twilight can touch (Don’t kill me! I still love Twilight and am just as obsessive and in love with it, it’s just that I’ve been reading HP since I was seven years old). I’ve been with Twilight five years and Harry Potter nine.

Although I must say, when reading Twilight I feel as if I’m right their being Bella, and when reading Harry Potter I feel as if I am watching from above. I love them both though, and really wish that reporters would stop comparing the two.

10. Jennifer says:

I think the “challenge” should just be to get all Twilight cast members loads of friends on Myspace or whatever in general.

11. blah. i hate the comparisons too…god forbid we have two sets of books that get people to read…they must war with each other… at least its publicity for the movie.

12. bettingonalice357 says:

Picture 119 of Kristen is gorgeous! Love her!

13. himeseika says:

twilight and HP are two different things. it’s like an apple vs. a mango. both delicious but are two different fruits. i love both, i’m actually 22 years old but i enjoyed twilight as much as a 16 year old…maybe even more. i just hope people will just stop comparing the two….it is inevitable since rob pattinson is in both….as i’ve said to my friends….every gurl needs an edward. ^_^ cheers guys!!

14. Wow i just love Kristen’s outfit for the awards YAY all Gucci (She looks awesome so does Robert!) Well all we need now is 3000 more friends to bet him lol 2 bad i just deleted my myspace Yesterday

15. bettingonalice357 says:

I know! (tiffshakes) just because they both have widespread popularity and totally fanatical fanbases shouldn’t immediatley turn it into an annoying popularity CONTEST!

16. bella_of_the_ball says:

I was wondering if you guys could let reelz know that there are websites (such as this one!) that don’t bash Harry Potter. We all know that there are many fans of both, and I’ve always been proud of the Lexicon for not snubbing Harry Potter or Meyer/Rowling comparisons. The fact there are enough Twiligh websites downing HP that Reelz mentioned it almost makes me embarrassed to be a Twilight fan!

I just made that fact crystal clear to one of their senior people who asked what I thought of their coverage.

Pel

17. In my mind there is no competition between Twilight and HP because I’ll be at the first showing of both of them this year. C’mon Twilight fans… only about 3000 more friends needed to match Peter’s myspace page. That’s not so many… lol

18. Glad someone agrees with me (bettingonalice). P.S over at Novel Novice we chose our number 4 site… Twilight Guy. We have a write up about his site, stop by sometime yall. I wonder what other great Twilight sites made our list…hmmmm..wink!

19. MeyaRose says:

Oh, I love both book series so much that I’d be sad if they warred against each-other… I’m going to see both anyway… The cool thing is that I get out of school on December 11th, so I can see Twilight as a sort of celebration the next day…

20. xingaling says:

harry potter and twilight are two different series
    i love them both
    we really shouldn’t compare

21. BoysfromBooks says:

i agree, xingaling (by the way i love the name)

twilight = harry potter

they are sooooo different and i am a h-u-g-e fan of both series.
    i refuse to pick sides ;)

22. The whole Harry Potter vs. Twilght thing is getting really old… I love Twilight, but I’ve also been a Harry Potter fan for nearly 10 years, and it will always have a special place in my heart. I actually discovered the Twilight series through the Harry Potter fandom, when many really devoted Harry Potter fans talked about how great the books were. Why can’t the media just accept that people can love them both?

The two series share so many fans, and while there might be a “fight” at the box office, the majority of fans are tired of hearing about the supposed fierce competition among the fanbases. I’ve never seen any Twilight fansite “declaring war” against Harry Potter (are there any?) – sure, some people have commented that they prefer one over the other, but that’s just freedom of speech. The diplomatic attitude you have here at the Lexicon is just another reason why I love this site.

On another note:

CONGRATULATIONS to Edi Gathegi for passing 1000 friends, that’s awesome! Once again the Twilighters step up and prove their support and dedication!

23. I thought that might happen with Edi’s page. As long as we are trying 2 grow his friends I’ll keep the banner up. I’m sure we can all get him a bunch more friends.

24. Edward is ugly.

25. i totally agree with everyone thats annoyed by the constant twilight/harry potter comparisons
    the two books are really different and both great too!
    i really dont want to look at it as a fight between the two movies …. and they both share many fans
    however i think harry potter might have a SLIGHTLY bigger fan-base just because its been out a lot longer, and it already has five sequal movies
    and edward is SO NOT UGLY- sorry just had to disagree with u there…
    btw are there really sites declaring war against harry potter?

26. anyone have the link to rob’s official myspace page?

27. Oh man! Are you guys seriously going to try and have Edi’s page out friend Peter’s? Ha ha ha! After all the love he’s shown to the fans? Now I’m going to have to start my own quest to get more fans for Fach. Of course, we hoped to have 10,000 by the time Twilight premieres, but we’ll see what happens. A girl can only do so much single handedly, lmao! Much love to the Lex, all who help in this new crusade. ;)

28. L. M.- Too lazy to log in.. says:

I think it is totally possible to love both, [I do, and have for years,] but I also think that the compition can be fun IF each side remembers when to quit.

As for choosing sides; buckle up Potter, your going down. ^^

29. Enough for Forever says:

like everyone else (almost), I hate the comparisons. I love HP and Twilight only barely tops it to me. I’m SOOO glad to see the postive responses from all of you, just like the positive responses when Stephenie did that interview when they compared her to Jo. I’m about to pop over to mugglenet, and if they have this posted, I’m not expecting such gracious comments. The ones on that interview were NASTY!!! It made me partially lose faith in HP fans (except the ones here who love Twilight equally of course :] )

30. Forget about the Twilight/Harry Potter competion I’m getting a kick out of the Edi vs Peter faceoff. I just read chelle’s comments above. She’s basically throwing down the gauntlet. 10,000 fans for Peter by December? Edi needs more friendshipping!

31. dudes what is up with the whole HP/Twilight war….seriously can we not like them both….grrr…its things like this that start crap between the fandoms….why can’t we all just live in peace!??!?!?!

32. eager 4 eternal damnation says:

i totally understand what the people with comments above my mean – i’ve been a harry potter fan since i was in grade 4, and although i only read all three books of the twilight series early in 2008, my love is equal for both the authors and their awesome books. i really wish people would stop comparing – first they compare the movies, then the books, then the authors and finally the fanbase *fuming in anger*

oh, and is it just me, or wont peter facinelli’s page open for some of u others as well? i have high speed internet, and even after that i waited for like 10 minutes, but the myspace page wouldnt load…………

^_^

33. eager 4 eternal damnation says:

oh sorry – when i tried again for like the 10th time right now, the page finally loaded – and really quickly too….
    =X

34. # Edward Is Mine: i agree!!!!

we will because i will watch it

over and over and over and over and over and over and
    over and over and over and over and over and over and AGAIN!!!!!!!!

35. okay i am both obsesssed with harry potter and now twiligt but if i ad to choose i would say harry potter. but whateves!
    and love the idea of the twilight fiend on myspace! i say we could so beat peter facinelli’s friend number! come one people!

36. Caroline says:

i hate the Harry/ twilight debates! They are two TOTALLY diffrent books, I could never ever compare them because they are not remotly alike!! I know that Stephenie and J.K Rowling are both extremely succesfull, but that’s were the similarity line is drawn! I don’t care if people battle between the two, heck, make websites dedicated to it! I’m just saying I really don’t think they are comparable

37. edwardsloverr89 says:

ok well i like twilight waay better. no offense to those harry potter fans out there. sorry, but i just could never get into harry potter….

38. Harry Potter = First love, forever in my heart

Twilight = New love, forever in my heart

Enough said.

39. all out war? what? I think I’m lost because I haven’t seen any twilight forums declaring a war against HP…haha…I’m watching both HP and Twilight….I’m just watching Twilight like 100 times more. :)

40. Carla: exactly

41. Go HARRY POTTER!!! HP will totally kick butt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

42. haha. everyone with the spunk. i just cant get over it. spunk ransom. =)

43. why was jessica in a wet suit??Lol
    the war is getting old, harry potter and twilight are both amazing can’t we all just love them both??

44. icky vicky says:

I agree, Hayley.

I think that the only reason people Other than Reelz Channel try to start HP vs. Twilight Wars because they want to see if they have the power to make something new happen. ( Even though, like Hayley said, it’s old already… :( )

45. icky vicky says:

That is just my opinion.

46. Bite-Me says:

I’ve added Edi myself. OoO I also got Taylor and Peter on my friend list.

OoOo HP better make some room…. TWILIGHT is going to kick some butt….WIZARD butt that is. Although I still love my little boy with the scar and glasses, as NOMOREMARBLES has said…. TWILIGHT is sexier.

47. first of all harry potter will totally spank twilight at the theaters! big woop twilight beat harry potter on the best seller list but after how many weeks of it being number one?! the harry potter films are well made they show how the characters chnage threw adolence.the cast for twilight looks fake.carisle is suppost to have a look of wisdom and the old fashioned good looks.a dignified look and so is esme for that fact! carisle looks like a a fucking ken doll for god sakes! and esme looks horendous! im sorry but harry potter is gonna be triumpnt in the box office!
    [excuse the typo's ]