Special Edition Eclipse Pre-Order

We are now just 2 weeks away from the release of the Special Edition Eclipse!  This special edition will include not one, but two exclusive tee shirt transfers, the book jacket will unfold to reveal the long awaited cover for Breaking Dawn, and the first chapter of Breaking Dawn will be included in the back of the book!

Don’t miss its release May 31st, Pre-order today.

While in the past, Stephenie has been allowed to post the first chapter on her website, she is not expecting to be allowed to do that this time around.  If she is allowed to do so, it will most likely not be posted until a week or two before Breaking Dawns release on August 2nd.

The cover of Breaking Dawn, however, will be on her website as well as many book sellers shortly there after.

Comments

1. That SUCKS! My dad’s not going to let me, because I already have one…

so that’s why I plan to “loose” MY copy, so I can buy it…

acutally…. he might let me… if I’m not grounded, repay his money, and still have enough for the new one left over… I have to buy my own books and stuff….. so… maybe I should “lose” my book and beg him to let me buy it! ^^

2. Mary Alice Cullen says:

I will make my parents buy it again for me. :)

3. Kelsbobels says:

You could also just go to the bookstore and just read the chapter in the back of the book…you don’t necessarily have to buy it unless you want all the stuff. :)

4. I’m not sure when it will come out in bookstores in the uk though…

5. ugh…man, reading these comments can really make a girl feel embarrassed about how many copies of the books she has… Let’s see there’s one to lend to people that basically trash the book, another good copy for me to replace the crappy book once that one falls apart (and for me to read while the lending one is gone), and well you get the point…

im basically the pun of the family joke everytime we go bookshopping now. “Oh, guys make sure you don’t become absolutely obsessed and buy, like, twenty copies….” I could probably stock a few friends with my resources at least….is that a good or bad thing?

Anyway, can’t wait for the special edition to come out!! It’s a no brainer that im getting it. Almost as certain my brother is one getting his hands on the Eldest Special Edition for the extra chapter. Oh yeah, did i forget to mention that there’s more than one obsessed fan in my family? I can’t have you thinking im too crazy. :)

6. Ellen Cullen Cullen Cullen Cullen... deal with it, Edward's mine says:

LOL I JUST pre-ordered Breaking Dawn AND Eclipse like two days ago! OMG thank goodness. I also ordered Twilight in hard cover cuz my soft cover one is ruined :(
    Anyway, for those of you who don’t want to buy another copy of Eclipse just for the first chapter of BD, you should re-think that. IT’S THE FIRST CHAPTER OF BREAKING DAWN.
    Would you rather wait another 2 months of suffering in agony and dying of the horrible horrible pain??? AND it shows you the front cover of BD, and there are the T-shirt iron-on’s. Sounds like a freaking good deal to me.

7. CAN’T WAIT!

8. I wish it were as simple as that, but it costs money! Not everyone can afford it, it doesn’t mean they are less of a fan.
    You’re right about about the two months of suffering though… :( I will have to find some way to read it.

9. amazon.co.uk does pre-orders for special edition eclipse.

Personally i am not going to buy it as someone will write what happens and that’s good enough to tide me over until august. I can’t afford to spend £12 on a book i already have just to read the first chapter of breaking dawn…even if i really want to read that chapter.

Boo for the stupid people that won’t let her put it up on her website.

10. imaginary says:

Does anyone know if you have to preorder it to get the t-shirt transfers? Also do you have to buy it on Amazon or could I buy it at Barnes and Noble?

11. Stephanie says:

I preordered the Special Edition for my birthday. SO EXCITED!!

12. I’m a little glad i read all the books by borrowing them.. Now I can buy my own copies and i don’t have to waste a lot of money on the same book!

13. come on!!! my mom wont buy me another copy. and im broke!!! :( man…

14. Aww, that stinks! I don’t wanna have two copies of Eclipse just to read the first chaper to Breaking Dawn… Okay, I take that back. I do want it, but I can’t get it =[ Oh well, I already have Breakind Dawn pre-ordered and I’m excited to see the cover art!

15. hmm i think i’ll just grab the book and hide in the corner of Borders to read the first chapter of Breaking Dawn..just kidding (i think)…but seriously, i don’t know if i want to spend about 20 dollars reading one chapter…ah decisions decisions

16. this is so unfair :P

17. ha ha yeah i really want to buy it (even though I already own eclipse) but I don’t think my mom will let me (…seeing as I already own eslipse… ha ha. I don’t think I can convince her that this one is DIFERENT. lol) So I am going to go to the bookstore, read it there, and not buy it. ha ha. Perfect Plan. :D

18. I pre-ordered mine on amazon a couple weeks ago!!!!…waiting patiently…counting the days off

19. lol. I actually have a good excuse this time. I let one of my friends borrow eclipse cause apparently someone stole hers right? So she’s had it for like literally a month and I was getting really snippy about it but didn’t let on. I mean I NEVER let anyone borrow my Twilight series books ever. period. and she was the first one. SO, if she doesnt give it back…I have an excuse to go buy ECLIPSE SPECIAL EDITION. But, she probably will give it back becz she ordered a speicial edition for herself too……..she ordered like 5 copies, and i’ll guess I’ll just read hers…..ugh so complicated…

20. lol…read it in the stores…not a bad idea…hmmmmm

21. enfennemore says:

I’d almost forgotten! I plan to sit in B&N for an hour and read it. That’s what I did last year when the first chapter of Eclipse came out. It was great.

22. Yikes cant wait i want to make a tshirt

23. Brianna says:

i will probably read it in the store too cause i don’t need another one.

24. Caroline says:

Everyone who can’t afford it, just go to the book store and read the chapter…and then leave!
    maybe buy a candy bar or something….just for appearance sake. (especially after you start screaming for joy once you read Edwards name)

25. Sparkles says:

hmm I hope we can read it in the stores – it might be plastic wrapped if it has T-Shirt transfers in it. :o

26. Melz Syndrome says:

xDD Haha I’m going to be at Barnes and Noble that morning to get it.

I would have just read it in the store, but for some reason, I just want to have it with me so I can read that first chapter over..and over..and over. xD

27. SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

28. i love Eclipse, but i have a feeling that Breaking Dawn will be the BEST BOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

29. StephenieMeyer.com has just been updated with cool links that relate to the movie. It is AWESOME!!!!! Check it out pplz!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I have to wait two days extra to get my copy of the book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =(((((((((((((

30. i’m also in the ‘read it in the bookstore’ club – after all, i literally JUST got my copy of eclipse last week, i certainly can’t justify buying it again…there hasn’t been any mention of it being wrapped in plastic to discourage people from doing that, has there?

31. Woot Woot!!! It’s so exciting!!!!! I can’t wait!!!! :D

32. Janelle says:

Will the t-shirt transfers be available with copies of the book if you buy it in the UK? And also is it coming out on the same date here, because I can’t find it listed anywhere..

33. Twilight4Ever says:

SWEET!!! I’m so excited!!! And, the Portland book signing (which is the one that I’m going to) is TOMORROW!!!!!!!

34. Man.. I wish we could have been able to read it on her website. Is it because the hype is so big now, that they aren’t letting her put it on her site?
    Boo.

35. im sooooo excited that’s my b-day AHHHHHH yay ive been counting that down for my b-day and for the first chapter yay
    did i mention that im excited????
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!!!!!!!

36. I want the Special Edition SOOOO badly. I think I can get my parents to get it for me. Otherwise I’m cracking open my bank account. I let my friend borrow it and never got it back. She won’t be touching this one.

37. im also gonna resell my currednt copy as it is in super awesome shape cause i love and respect my books well at least the twilight ones. lol

38. horsenut109 says:

I planned on reading it in the bookstore, too…but now that I hear there are T-shirt transfers and whatever I’m just afraid that the book will be shrink-wrapped so we won’t be able to read the chapter or look at the cover (that should be online, at least) without purchasing it. I don’t feel like having two copies of the book unnecessarily either…

39. For those of you with too many copies (of any book) please consider donating them to a local school or public library. The waiting lists for these particular books are so long, a few extra copies would be greatly appreciated! I will be buying yet another copy of Eclipse and donating the old ones. We should buy stock in Little/Brown.

40. twilightluver345 says:

I have pre-ordered the book and I am counting down the days till it comes out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it sooooo much and I am dying to read the chapter of Breaking Dawn!

41. twilightluver345 says:

I don’t have a copy yet cause I was waiting for this to come out so I could buy this one!

42. Tay Née says:

Do I have to pre-order the book to get it? Or can I just pick it up at my local bookstore on May 31st?

You can get it at your local book store if they are carrying it.  I suggest you call and ask them first.  ~Cocoa

43. Shameless money mongering but I HAVE TO HAVE IT! I need my heroin fix, haha.

I can’t believe all of you guy’s parents wouldn’t buy the book again because you already have it – how in the world do they remember what they bought you? I had my parents buy me like 2 books a week – if it was a romance like this and my dad was buying it, he would probably buy me the same one every week without noticing, lol. he is like Charlie that way – his little girl and boys?? no way! haha.

All the books look kind of the same. Tell them it is a new one, maybe it will work?

It might make stephenie sad if we read her books without buying them.

44. starlight_starbright says:

drat! now i have to buy the book again!

45. i cant find it listed in waterstones or borders so im guessing people in the uk will have to buy it of amazon

46. snowflake says:

Do you know if we’ll be able to read it in the store? Or is the company so money obsessed that they want to make people have to actually BUY it? Seriously, the whole not posting it on the site thing is ridiculous. I am annoyed.

47. Of course you can read it in the store! It’s not like there’s a spell over the book to where you can’t open it and read it until you buy it. It’s a book. They open, so you’ll be able to sit in the store and read the first chapter without buying it. I, personally, am going to buy the special edition. I already have two copies of New Moon (including the special edition) and three copies of Twilight (two paperback, one of them is my mom’s.) I’m a book collector and I love this series, so to show my support to stephenie, I’m going to buy a second copy of Eclipse. I mainly want the cover art of Breaking Dawn, I can’t wait to see it!! :)

48. Sorry but i’m really upset about that not all of us can offord to buy another eclipse book, and so many people have been waiting for that date for like months do they really want to upset all of us! because im really in a down mood now!

yes you can go into the shop and read it but its like better and more comfortable reading it on your computer because then you can read it over and over again! :D

:(:(

49. Stephenie is one of the very FEW authors who grant the fandom such amazing access to her creations. Never before has a series of this popularity made the first chapter available 2 months before the publication of the books.

Some of you may not be able to purchase the special edition of Eclipse. In that case you are just going to have to wait until August. Its not that far away.  This isnt money mongering, this isn’t being done to slight anyone in any way shape or form, you have heard it from Stephenie many times…she can’t wait for it to come out so she can finally talk about it. Just consider it like buying the "2 disc Special edition" of a movie with extra features.

50. to admin says:

To admin!

I’m still not happy!

August is ages away!

No offence to people who want to buy the book again but the vast majority of us can’t offord paying £20 or so just for an extra 20 pages, i’d rather keep that money and actually buy breaking dawn.

Money mongering… hmm seems like the only way 95% of twilighters can access the chapter.