Mike/Mike

Our beloved Mike/Mike has updated his blog.   You all know him, and love him…He is after all our favorite human!

We have been given permission to post a copy of Mike’s blog entry here at the Lexicon.

Hey friends and allies,

Mike/Mike here. I hope you’re having a wonderful day and eating nutritiously…

I’ve been trying to work out more, lately. It’s hard! I don’t like it at all. I love sports and general activity, and I feel great when I start to get some definition going on, but it’s incredibly difficult to maintain any kind of consistency in routine. And if I skip a day, I’m back to my standard 12-year old body. Plus, without a decent protein intake for the day, fagetaboutit! All that painful unpleasantness leaves me with very little reward, and I get discouraged dag-nabbit!

Twilight nation, you came through for me for when I was low on socks as if I were an inescapable, obligatory burden to you and your family. So I’ve decided that you’re going to be my new life advisors and maybe even therapists in addition to your current role as friendly acquaintances and loyal compadres. So I ask you… Does anyone have any "getting in shape" advice for someone who immensely dislikes the process of getting in shape?

But enough about me. How are you?! Hey, Twilight’s coming out pretty soon! How bout that? That’s exciting eh? I’m sure these next seven months will just FLY by!… I’m going to be featured on an upcoming MTV Twilight Tuesday. A fella named Larry Carroll did the interview and he was cooler than Billy Dee Williams (let’s see if anyone connects the dots on THAT reference). Go easy on me, it was my first interview in a while. I haven’t done THAT many interviews in my life. Mainly because no large group of people has ever been interested in what I have to say until recently. It’s a little intimidating, I’ll be honest. There are a lot of elements of today’s "celebrity" culture that make me cringe. It has nothing to do with you guys. But I have to say, being in what appears to be a potentially huge film franchise, hence, putting me in a position to be in the beginning stages of entering this "celebrity" world is scary. I’m grateful for the opportunity and I’m having a blast, but it’s scary. Well, I guess I’m not that worried. After all, it’s just Mike Newton! J But whatever happens, I think I’ll be up for it. I guess we’ll see…

NOW it’s time to do some pushups. I’m not gonna lie, this blog was a procrastination. Checking in with my Twi-hards is a perfectly reasonable excuse for not working out. I’m a really good procrastinator. Probably the best in my family! In fact, the only two things I KNOW I’m good at are acting, and putting off tomorrow what could and should be done today. I’m gonna make a great father. "Don’t worry little Johnny, you can do your homework tomorrow! Now play. Be free! Rules are for squares!" That’s all for now my fellow humans.

Shalom.
-Me

Comments

1. He’s awesome…

2. silverbells says:

haha mike is so silly! i laugh a lot i must say. so exciting that he will be on Twilight Tuesday. fun times :]

3. haha, niceeeee!!

but really, i prefer angela. she’s my favourite human!!

4. I fall in love with him more and more each day =D

5. He is just so cute! And, as Larry said, he is cooler than the other side of the pillow!

6. Allie Cullen says:

omg, mike is soooo sweet!!

7. Twilight4Ever says:

Lol, he is so adorable!

8. melissa says:

hey…the background of his myspace is the twilight cover!

9. “And if I skip a day, I’m back to my standard 12-year old body. ”

LMAO.

10. Stephanie says:

“Rules are for squares”, he is so funny!!!

11. Awww, I LOVE Mike!! Glad to hear he’ll be in Twilight Tuesday! Can’t wait to see him being interviewed by Larry! :D

And he’s so down-to-earth and modest…Mike rocks!!

12. i dont know why he needs to excercise..i’m sure his body is HOT

13. VampGirl says:

OMG!!! I LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUV Mike!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

14. lidiacriss says:

I agree w/ malaz, Angela is totally my favorite human, but ike comes in second

15. Mike is so funny. He has a great sense of humor. lol.

16. Daniela says:

He’s so funny!! love him!! does anyone know what happened with edwardandbella.com youtube channel’???

17. urcoolcarrie says:

i loved the last part about where hes sure he’ll make a great father!!! funny!! :)

18. Daniela – my friend told me it was suspended because they post some copy-righted stuff. i don’t know, something along these lines. but anyways, it is suspended

19. omg he is soo friggin funny!!! I am totally in love with him!!!
    WOOO!! We are gonna hear from him on twilight tuesday!!

Sorry Mike, I have no “getting in shape advice” for you…pshh last time i had to really work out was when i was in 7th grade p.e…oh the agony…

20. He’s so great. And he makes us laugh…what more could we ask for [:

21. twilightislife says:

its great that he continues to update us!

22. i lllllllluuuuuuuuvvvvvvv his attitude!!!!!!!!! he so funny

23. Claire Ateara says:

I love this guy!

24. Hey! Mike had a part in an episode of Stargate SG-1! He played a young Colonel Jack O’Neill a few years back. Pretty good episode, and Mike did issued a spot-on performance of the Jack O’Neill character. It was one of my favorites.

25. hey!! for those who have read the host, would you say its just as good as twilight?

26. Number 1 Twi-hard says:

Hey, I can’t view Myspace on my computer, can someone please tell me what he was talking about? You don’t have to copy and paste it, just tell me what the gist of it was. Thanks SO much!

Unfortunately we can’t take his comments from his blog and post it here, however he always updates his website with the same blog entry.  Check the site below over the next couple of days and it will soon appear there.

27. Number 1 Twi-hard says:

Okay, Thanks for the info. I didn’t think that you would be able to put it up here, that why I only asked for a summary, but what I got was much better! I’ll certainly keep an eye out over on his site.

28. hehe he is so awesome :) i look forward to twilight tuesday (like every other week!)

i am also a very good procrastinator ;)

29. Michelle says:

Haha, he’s funny. ;)

30. woah he’s pretty much fun man. he seems to be a fantastic guy to be around of.

well to work -out well do stres movements , concentrate and , do it!. lol.

31. It_is_a_NewMoon says:

lol! He’s so funny! He’ll be a great Mike. ;)

32. Kelsieeee says:

Mike is amazing :)

33. 1luvedward says:

He’s adorable and hilarious
    he’s so cute I

34. I have his aoutogragh

35. Fatimeh says:

lol.
    little johnny.

36. IloveJacob says:

Mike!?
    Need exercise!?
    hahaha! You dont need exercise, your so cute the way you are! I love you Mike!!!

37. Very cool Mike, very cool. As to exercising without feeling the boringness of the routine, I recommend DDR. You can buy the game [I recommend DDR: Extreme 2] for PS2 and a pad so you can play at home. So far, I’ve been doing this all semester and my legs and over all body has tightened a little.

But then again, I go all out and use my whole body to fance the DDR XD

Anyway, its always fun reading your blogs.

Lots of love xoxo

38. Ash-Ash says:

Wow, you a great sense of humor!! and those eyes… just, wow. I think i like you better than Rob! *dodges knives from rob lovers* *ahem* anyway As for your advice, well, your doing the right thing with the push-ups, and also sit ups. And i know it kind of sucks doing the routine with all the stuff you have to do, so you could try doing all different types of push-ups and sit ups, not just the kind where you have to stay on your hands or back while you do five hundred and sixty four. There are billions and billions of types of push-ups or sit-ups you can do. Look them up online, or ask someone who’s in a type or martial art. I have a black belt, so you can trust me on this. Love ya!!!

39. “A fella named Larry Carroll did the interview and he was cooler than Billy Dee Williams (let’s see if anyone connects the dots on THAT reference). ” OH I CONNECTED THE DOTS!

40. I love Mike

41. …now i understand that Mike has an endless amount of fans…

…but i find it a bit frustrating [on his behalf] that many of the comments left on his blog are something along the lines of “sorry i cant help you”, “im a procrastinator too” and so forth…the “you dont need to work out” gets to me the most. obviously it is his choice. its nice to give honest opinions about how you feel about him…but it is also nice to support someone with their decisions as well…i know everyone means well with what they say..i just think they need to learn how to phrase their sayings a little better… or maybe not, its not my place to say i guess

..i just think it’s kind of sad that there were only a few people who actually tried to give him advice as he asked…

…but like i said. i understand the number of his fanbase (as well as the need to just say ANYTHING to him because you love him so)…but i feel it’s starting to seem like his comments on his blog are getting spammed up with SIMILAR comments…

…just my two cents. no offense to anyone. i respect everyone in Mike’s fanbase…

But Mike is a humerous guy. never thought to add him until i read this particular blog. cant wait to see his acting skills in the movie.

have a wonderful night everyone :)

42. Aww precious.
    He understands us procrastinators!
    finally..jeez, someone gets it. : )

Advice…your muscles will procrastinate just as much as you do, so all you have to do is hipnotise them…just jokes.

I’m gonna get Oprah on you….
    “Accept your body for what it is, because if you push to hard you might just make it less perfect”

haha, okay, in the real world, i’d say try canowing or biking.
    They’re fun and cool and b4 you knoe it your super-super strong!

43. emily101 says:

i know you guys are talking about Mike , but can i ask you a question? if youre commenting, should you be able to swear and say mean things? if you want to more, then go to spoilers and adds and look for me, emily101, rosie, and live-for-twilight, it’s a really good debate!!!!
    Ps i luv Mike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

44. Elena Cullen says:

yay! a reason to be a procrastinating rebel! “rules are for squares!” is now one of my new favorite quotes!!!
    but i really SHOULD finish Catcher in the Rye (imagine that’s italicized…my english prof. has gotten to me :P)
    but yes…..exercise? um…i’m not too consistent meself…but i suggest a schedule..its works for me :D