A Salute to the Twilight Guy

We are absolutely thrilled today to be working in conjunction with numerous sites in an effort to answer this question…

Can a person of the male gender like these books and subsequently this movie and still keep his man card?

The answer?  Instead of hearing it from me, I give you the men of the Twilight fandom:

Seth, Stephenie Meyer’s Webmaster and brother, explains…

But, it just isn’t true. I constantly receive emails at stepheniemeyer.com from male fans who wonder why the fandom is so highly dominated by females. I think that the reason is the powerful love story which is part of almost every page of the books. While there is no reason why a guy can’t enjoy a love story, us "manly men"  (who by definition cannot admit to enjoying love stories) have other reasons to love the Twilight series. Stephenie’s ability to describe action scenes is rivaled only by her amazing descriptions of the setting. And the books are filled with both. Some of my favorite scenes include the battle in Eclipse (and the training) and the Volterra encounter in New Moon. My favorite characters are almost exclusively werewolves. I like Jacob’s style, and Seth Clearwater is a personal favorite.

The bottom line is that these books are true "page-turners." They are nearly impossible to put down, and everybody can enjoy that… no matter if they have two X chromosomes or not.

–Seth

Click on the icons below to read about Twilight Guys all over the web!  Comment on their blogs and give them your support.  Too all our Twilight Guys…the Twilight Lexicon loves you!

You have grown to love him over these last few months.  Hear what our favorite MTV reporter, Larry Carrol, has to say about why he is drawn to the series!

From the man who brought you in depth stories on the entire Twilight phenomenon now Jed brings to light his views on being a Twilight Guy.  And as if that weren’t enough, tMF is proud to present Kaleb Nation’s A Special Tribute to Stephenie Meyer.

You know we couldn’t leave out the Twilight Guy himself, Kaleb!  If you haven’t been privy to his witty banter and dashing good looks before, you are in for a treat.

After reading your wonderful advice and council Cole from Film School Rejects took that advice and dove right in!  Now he fills fans in on how you too can become a Twilight guy!

Musician Mitch Hansen tells us about his music, his inspiration, and everything that he loves about Twilight!  You can also listen to his amazing Twilight music here.

Javier from Crepusculo has put together some wonderful tributes on an all male spanish Twilight blog!  See these hysterical comics (Strip 1, Strip 2) and hear from the man himself as well as other male fans across the globe!

Brian of Twilight Teez tells us what he loves about the books and his draw to the story!

Many of you already know the talented graphic artist, Fry, from our message boards.  Explore his blog for amazing Twilight graphics, including an unfinished animated short he is creating!

Artist Terry Blas has created an amazing gallery of Twilight inspired art to share with the fans.  As an illistration major in college Terry is well on his way to being an accomplished artist.

Join other fans on our message boards as they discuss being male Twilight fans.

And last but certainly not least…the inspiration behind this testosterone love fest.  While in Portland on the set of Twilight the Movie I had the opportunity to meet Scott Murray, the talented producer who brought us the breathtaking Comic Con promo trailer and gave us our first real glimpse into the magic of this film.

So you see, Twilight isn’t just for teenage girls, stay at home moms, or women of any age who are dreaming of their Edward to come and sweep them away…  Its a book that has mass appeal,  a book that spans stereotypical genre and encompasses those things in life we hold fundemental no matter what our gender.  Love, freedom, pain, jealousy, fear, joy, anger, lust, but most of all…choice.

~Cocoa

Comments

1. I'mwiththevampires says:

This is totally cool. I think men that read twilight are very sexy…:-)

2. *applaudes*

Wonderful Cocoa! Once again, The Twilight Lexicon didn’t let me down! That last paragraph is pretty much made of awesomeness and I suddenly have the urge to write it in my forehead and go out for the whole world to read it. There’s just too much hating out there.

But… I can’t see the video… Is it just me?

3. Sorry, this doesn’t really relate to the twi-guys part of the post, but is there any way for Scott Murray to share with us what music was used for the promo video?? I’m biting my nails everytime I watch the video and desperately hoping someone will answer that soon : ) hehe

Its not a "song" persay.  Its canned music most likely made by someone on their computer.  There is no song title or artist, its generic music used by media outlets for promos such as these.  ~Cocoa

4. BlackRaven2106 says:

no i can’t see the video either. it says it’s not available :S oh and great post! go Twilight guys ;)

All fixed.  Sorry about that. :D ~Cocoa

5. This guy has a point.

6. Yay! Now I might be able to get my little brother to admit that he likes Twilight when he’s not alone with me…

I love the fact that guys are fans, and I greatly respect any guy who isn’t necessarily a fan, but buckled down and read those books because someone they loved was a fan.

To all male Twilight fans- my hat goes off to you! (well, it would if I owned a hat, so let’s just keep that metaphorical, shall we?)

7. YAY! I can see it now! Thanks!

Well I’m pretty fond of this guy for being a Jasper fan (is it completely obvious who else is?).

And woot woot, he said that pretty soon there’ll be much stuff coming out. :D I can only say my little fangirl heart is content.

8. Ahhh Guys who read Twilight ROCK!!!!! And not to mention pretty sexy smiles! You guys are so awesome to take the time to read it. And i am so glad you like it. So yea go Twilight Guys!!!!!!

love ya
    ~Kasey

9. Thanks so much for featuring my site in this post! I am painting more in the next few days since I am seeing Stephenie on Tuesday so check my blog probably Monday for all the paintings. Thanks again! Terry

It was our pleasure.  ~Cocoa

10. yeah go twilight guys, i wish more guys read twilight they could really learn a few things from the cullen boys, i think twilight is like a handbook for men on how to be an ideal guy and how to win a girl over.

11. My 30yr old husband read the books BEFORE me!! Can’t wait to show him this story! lol!

12. Fatimeh says:

lol this is awesome.

13. La tua Cantante says:

I AM PROUD TO SAY THAT THE TERRY BLAS ART GALLEREY IS MY BROTHERS AND I HOPE YOU GUYS ALL CHECK IT PUT CAUSE IT’S REALLY,REALLY GOOD AND HE HAS SPENT COUNTLESS HOURS AND DAYS TO DO ALL THESE FOR ALL YOU GUYS, THE AMAZING FANS!!! AND I AM GLAD TO SAY THAT I INTRODUCED HIM TO THE TWILIGHT SERIES!

SO PLEASE LEAVE HIM A COMMENT ON HIS ART SITE SO HIS WORK CAN BE APPRECIATED!!! IT IS AN AMAZING SITE!
    dont forget to click on older posts to view all the art he has done so far AND you have to click on where it sais,view my complet profile and it will show more amazing art that REALLY,REALLY is a MUST SEE! His seven deadlys sins project are my favorties,other than his Twiight art!

If you want…Save his site on your computer so you can see more of the amazing art he will post!!! DONT TAKE THIS GREAT OPPUTUNITY FOR GRANTED PLEASE..I KNOW HOW LONG AND HARD HE WORKED.

AND KUDOS TO ALL THE OTHER TWILIGHT GUY SITE!!!
    THANK YOU FOR HAVING AN OPEN MIND AND WE LOVE YOU!!!

14. Haha La Tua Cantante…I totally bookmarked his site! I LOVE his art, he should make a comic book, he’s soooo good. Congrats Terry, you rule!!

15. OMG I LOVE Terry’s drawing of Emily, nice job! I always had a hard time picturing her face, now I have one, a PERFECT one! Even her expression is perfect!

16. this was really cool! i am really glad that Twilight is starting to appeal more to the male fan base. i have been trying to get my husband and brother, who love fantasy/supernatural fiction, to read these books forever and they just keep telling me they don’t know any guys that read them. so bravo to all you males out there who kept an open mind and dove into the wonderful world that is Twilight. i love to hear your stories!

17. Sanguina says:

Twilight Guys rock my world!

18. Fatimeh says:

this is soo.. the best line ever.

hahahahahahhaha

19. Thank you to all the wonderful men who agreed to participate in this today. They were all so wonderful. And Ambereyes was an awesome help in getting this organized, she rocks my socks.

Some of my favorite comments were:

“You’re a 33-year-old man in the YA section! You look like Michael Jackson! Grab the book and get outta there!” – Larry Carrol

“Meyer has shattered the myth! Instead of anger and resentment, I felt such fascination and curiosity. ” -Jed Medina

and

“Not taking shower breaks will work to your manly advantage.” – Cole Abaius

There are so many more great quotes out of all of this! It would take up so much space! Oh and I forgot to add…When Scott says “As a Man.” I love that part!

Enough from me, I want to read more of what you guys thought. ~Cocoa

20. La tua Cantante says:

I HAVE TOAGREE THAT TODAY IS ALL VERY EXCITING!
    I HOPE STEPHENIE AND HER BROTHER SETH TAKE A LOOK AT TODAYS TOPICS!!! if they have the time, THEN THEY CAN SEE HOW MANY TWILIGHT GUYS REALLY ARRE OUT THERE!

21. christina says:

Lol, i checked out a lot of the sites too :D i didnt read it all, but i went ahead and read all of the twilight guy’s posts since I had only read one of his posts before on twilight and he is SO funny! I will definetley continue to read what he thinks of twilight in his posts :D and that was an awesome video from scott! he did a great job with that promo. i also read larry carrol’s article, which was great as well :D Guys who read twilight are freaking awesome!

22. There’s a guy at my school that I’ve never talked to before really, and we were talking about guys being girly, and then he leaned over and he mentioned that he read Twilight and wondered if that made him girly. After that, we spent the last 45 minutes of class and into the hallway talking about Twilight. xD We still talk about it sometimes.

Go Twilight guys!

23. I love twilight guys! I find it extremely sexy when guys read twilight!!! Its awsome!

24. michelle says:

Hahaha, I love Larry, his article is fantastic! I think it’s great that guys are willing to give these books a chance and enjoy them.

25. Have you people seen the cover for Midnight Sun?! http://twilightmomsforums.freeforums.org/midnight-sun-first-chapter-in-print-updated-pics-of-cover-t6840.html

Yes we reported it a few weeks ago.  ~Cocoa

26. You know, my husband loves the books and can’t wait for the movie as well. He wants to attend TwilightMOMs get togethers with me, but usually we plan things he wouldn’t be interested in. My best friend’s boyfriend also loves the books and can’t wait for the movie. I feel so blessed in having males I can share the books with. It’s possible to find them!

27. YAY US MEN!

28. Oh, oops.

29. This is cool. As a Twilight Guy myself (who is about to make the jump to Twilight fansite webmaster ;]), it’s nice to know that I’m not alone! However, just for next time, I think all the guys you listed are over 18. Us young ones need love, too! :P

30. Wow i didn’t even know their were so many guy sites………………………..well i think a lot of guys would really enjoy the series if they actually gave it a chance and if they read it in public and told people about it that gives them an even bigger man card

31. dazzlemedizzy1901 says:

My boyfriend’s favorite series is the Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice and he is elated to read this series even though I warned him there was undying love! His reply, “Of course. Vampires can be cold…but when they want to be passionate, they do it full force!!!”

32. Yay twilight guy!!!

33. lidiacriss says:

hey that was cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

34. Trey5565 says:

I agree with Danny.

We are teenagers, and go to highschool. Walking down the hallway in school is not all fun and games when you carrying Twilight.

I would have it no other way. I stand outside the circle of “typical” men. Twilight is my favorite book ;)

35. Terry Blas is AMAZING

36. VampGirl says:

COOLIO!!!!!!!!! :) :)

37. all the twilight guys definitly deserve some recognition
    the animated short was possibly the single most cutest thing i have ever seen in my life

38. La tua Cantante says:

Tanit:
    Terry Blas IS AMAZING,isn’t he?!!!!
    I know better than anyone! make sure you also lick on his site where it sais view my complet profile,click on that and then it will say Terrys Twilight art AND under that it sais,
    Art Blog of Terry Blas..if you click on that one he has some other REALLY AMAZING STUFF!!!! I have his version of Marie Antoinette,Cleopatra,and his Wrath ones hung in my house!
    They are huge and beautiful and i have them in frames!!!
    you have to click on older posts once again to see finf those ones though! But it is very worth it!
    I have used many of his paintings and stuff as a screen saver,
    escpecially his Twilight,Edward Bella one called first sketch!
    BOOK MARK HIS SITE CAUSE I KNOW HE IS GOING TO HAVE SOME MORE AMAZING STUFF ON THERE ON MONDAY!
    SEE..THERE ARE MORE GUYS OUT THERE WITH OPEN MINDS!
    and dont forget to comment on his site!!!!

39. THT (Twi- Hard- Teen) says:

This is so cool. You know, when I first read Twilight, I would have never thought that is fanbase was girl-powered. So when I first became a fan and came to fan sites, I was shocked by how many girls were fans. By discovering this, I was a bit embarrassed by saying I was a Twilighter to friends. But now, i can see i was being the most stupid person on the face of this universe! I LOVE TWILIGHT (Just not Edward or Jacob…)

40. Natasha says:

VIVA LA TWILIGHT GUYS!

41. Was this Coco’s idea?!

It is pure genius. I have not enjoyed reading something more. I love how this phenomenon can be shared by both genders.

I love how Cole put the tips about staying “manly” while reading Twilight! And you can’t deny that Twilight Guy [Kaleb] knows how to dish up his chapter discussions.

I am glad these guys cherish was is truly dear to us. They are brave enough to step out of the shadow and be comfortable with their sexuality to admit they like Twilight.

And I saved the best for last! Props to you Larry…thanks to you, you feed our Twilight hunger until December, when we can have our big feast. Thank you for Twilight Tuesdays!

**And for all the Twilight guys who are single, a word of caution! You will be haunted down by Twilight obsessed women who will share your liking for the books.

Enjoy the books and the “fandom”, it has meant a lot to all of us. Thank you for your stories!

42. frankie says:

These are great! I love reading about these Twilight Guys.

43. Twilight lady says:

What was that second website that Scott mentioned…I know he said the the twilight movie site…but what was that other one..I couldn’t catch it?

~Cocoa

44. i think that Twilight guys are sweet guys and are very awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!

45. :)

;)

46. lillypopbop says:

I see all these guys at my school reading the Twilight Saga and it always sets my heart aglow each time I see it anew. It gives me hope that perhaps they’ll take a hint on how to catch a couple of ladies. I mean no man has to be super gorgeous to get my attention if he’d just hold the door open for me I’d find him attractive. So maybe they’ll take the hint and they’ll start acting polite like Edward does. (That and if any guy I knew had read the entire series up to date that would be just a huge plus to him on my date-able list)

47. how do u do the smileys??

48. i would love a boyfriend that reads Twilight…

49. i smile at silver volvos says:

twilight guys rock hard !! :D
    and those twilight songs that mitch hansen guy wrote are kinda cool ;)

50. EdwardandBella4ever says:

I am going to be 100 precent honest! Why are guys reading these books? These are girl books.

1. […] The Lexicon has a post on Guys Reading Twilight.  Head on over and check it out HERE. […]

2. […] At Twilight Lexicon, they dedicated a whole blog today to the men who love Twilight. Even Stephenie’s brother, Seth, had a few things to say: When browsing blogs and exploring Twilight series fansites, it is easy for a male fan to think that he is alone in the world of Twi-hards. […]

3. […] Kaleb, the Twilight guy has posted a video blog page of his journey through reading the books.  Be sure to read his wonderful tribute to Stephenie as the Ultimate Mom as well as some of his favorite comments leading up to the article.  For those of you who missed our Salute to the Twilight Guy, you can read it here. […]

4. […] So far you have heard from behind the scenes producer Scott Murray whose favorite book in the series is Eclipse for it’s action and character plot.  And then came producer Wyck Godfrey understanding of the need for reality in the film as well as his admittled love of Werewolves got us all very excited for the final product.  Now we will hear from the man who caught the vision first, Twilight producer Greg Mooradian.  Greg first fell in love with the book Twilight long before we ever saw the book on the store shelves.  With an advance copy in hand Greg soon began to pursue the project.  Greg admited later that day which book in the series was his favorite; for the wonderful producer Twilight reigns supreme for its emotionally charged love story.  It was a thrill to spend time with him on set and as you are about to see, the film is in very good hands. […]