Mike Welch Speaks!

Mike Welch, Mike Newton in the Twilight movie, gave the Twilight Lexicon an interview.  Here are some highlights:

"Originally I auditioned for Edward. Ha! As soon as I read the description I knew it wasn’t for me. Although I appreciate my representatives thinking I could pull off, “hauntingly beautiful; the most unbelievably good looking creature the world has ever seen,” honestly, come on."

"I think he’s a cool guy. He’s finding himself, he’s working it out. I think he represents the high school experience for a lot of kids."

"The reception has been overwhelmingly gracious and quite frankly, freaking awesome. I’ve had a lot of fun with the online community."

Thanks to Mike for thanking the time out to give us this interview, and thank you to Cocoa for acting as our interviewer.

Comments

1. we should totally send him coats now, b/c he said to us not to! REVERSE PSYCHOLOGY

2. Sequinnzz says:

I laughed throughout the ENTIRE interview. Mike seems geniunely nice and funny. I really hope he goes far in the business and he’s OBVIOUSLY going to be a great Mike Newton.
    WOOT! TEAM MIKE!!
    XD

3. Sophia it’s actually Phasesatwilightpodcast.com that got the Jackson interview. Not Hisgoldeneyes.com.

4. christina says:

he is AWESOME for mike newton :D

5. Aww I love him! He’s so funny. He’s perfect for Mike :]

6. elisabeth says:

there’s a problem with windows and I can’t read the interview…HELP!!! please, do somebody can put a link??? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE! :)

7. dexadexy says:

wow he’s really sweet to do a interview! Thanks Cocoa for doing it and the Lex for posting it. =)

8. Awww!!! I love Mike!! He’s so sweet and hilarious! PERFECT Mike!!

And I can’t believe an adorable guy with such a great sense of humor didn’t find anyone in high school…What was wrong with those girls?? :?

9. Finally ivve been waiting for one with him he is so awsome!
    THANKS!

10. hehe hes scaried we’re going to send him coats now instead of socks!

11. Haha. Hes so funny.
    Perfect Mike x

12. Edwards Singer says:

we should send him jackets! no jk but that was pretty funny go mike! You rock

13. QUICK!

Someone!

Go back in time to his senior year and grab him!

14. ha ha ha. Great Mike. Hilarious!! we should send him something….

15. Emilly (em's_twilight) says:

Hes a cute boy :p, and he seems really chill. I like him alot, one of the best casted fo sho.

16. We should send him jackets! No jk but that was funny. Go Mike! You rock!

17. “should’ve found me in high school ladies. too late now. i’ve got a good one and i’m not letting go of her.”

AWWWWWWWWWW!!!!

18. We love you Mike!!

19. cute interview! “go lakers” eh no lol sorry mike but i hate the lakers haha :)

20. Ha. Mike Welch cracks me up.

21. CullenWannabee says:

AWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!WE LOVE YOU MIKE!!!!!! he was soo sweet (and hilarious) of course!

22. Hahaha. The real Mike Newton would totally think he could audition for the part of Edward Cullen anyway. :)

23. Mike playing Mike, how convinient :)
    I love him, Mike Welch is awesome. no one better for the part.
    You’re soo right though, Melissa!
    He totally would have, hahahaha.

24. Can vampires reproduce…you know, have kids?

25. and….has Stephenie Meyer ever posted Edward’s lullaby to Bella. I want to know what it sounds like.

26. Crush on Kristen? thats not good… especially for his girlfriend! i wish i never went sockless again :p

27. The Twihard says:

He’s such a nice guy! He makes a perfect Mike Newton!!!

28. tammy: no vampires can’t reproduce, Stephenie answered that question herself. She says she gets that question a lot.
    Celeste: He has a crush on kristen?!!! No wonder he wanted to audition for the part of Edward……

Anyways, I think he’s cute, you know ” baby-faced” as he is described in the book. Mike Welch playing Mike Newton…. lol. Well they are wrapping up productions in a week. Last place they are headed to is L.A. I’m assuming that’s where they will film the “meadow” scene. Rob said himself that the meadow scene will be the last scene they will be filming. This is so sad! I don’t want to wait 7 months!!! Well, the Host will be coming out next week, and we have plenty of stuff to keep us busy. But 7 months is a long time…..

29. that’s probably one of my fave interviews!!! He’s so funny- i was laughing when i read it. he’s awesome!!!

30. For all you saying he has a crush on Kristen: I HIGHLY doubt it. He even says in the interview that he’s not single and isn’t letting his girl go.

31. alexisforkeeps says:

random, but mike’s picture strikingly resembles the cartoon banner on the page. ;P

32. hahaha, he’s such a goofball. =]

33. Not as good as the Phases Jackson Rathbone interview though. ;)

34. Team Newton for life! I love this kid!

Araceli:
    I agree! Jackson’s interview was pretty awesome too!

35. lala-swan says:

He really makes me excited about Mike, not that I liked him that much before. Mike Welch has some kind of charm, don’t you think? I gotta love his personality!!

36. Andrea Leigh says:

i love mike! he’s so sweet&quirky, and everything about him is awesome. he’s a perfect mike newton! =)=)

37. VampGirl says:

OMG! He’s funny and adorable! What more could u want??! LOL He would have been so much better of an Edward than Robert. UGH! SOOOOO unfair!

38. I’m not sure if you got the heads up yet, or posted this, but:

Pictures of the ballet studio scene.

39. caseyCullen says:

just so y’all know, there is a cool new pic that shock til you drop has!!! its of ballet studio damage so cool.
    p. I love mike 2!! so cute!! lucky girlfriend

40. la tua cantate says:

Hey guys!
    NEW VIDEO PUT OUT BY G4!!!
    It haas Catherine talking about what she thinks of th Movie so far
    AND The guy in charge f the Stunts in the movie talks about that AND EVEN ROB has a few things to say and it sounds like he used his American accent! DANG he looks good!!! There are also some picturs of the ballet studio.
    I’m sure this will be reposted on this site soon,but I just wanted to let everyone know it’s out there!!!

41. La tua Cantante says:

It also sais that hey want to be ready to make the rest of the books into movies and would want to do them retty much right away(if given permission of course) in this video cause vampires are not supposed to age of course,that’s very understandable,and Rob is aging, BUT it makes me wonder,in that case if they do them right away…where does that leave Taylor/Jacob??? He can’t look 24 or 25 that quickly?
    But i’m not worried at all about it cause from what I have seen of what they have done with this movie,I now have faith that what they will do with whoever will be Jacob will be right.
    but I am getting ahead of myself,I can’t help it …sorry.

42. Vampireloveaholic says:

Awesome interview thanks for the link!

43. Mike Welch officially has my heart.

44. awww i love what he said about his girlfriend..but boo Lakers!

45. iammyownhappiness says:

Hey, I think I found the TIMES article that you guys hinted at us yesterday…

:]

46. the littlest Cullen says:

aaw, i love Mike!
    he is soooo super cute! and funny, he seems so real and sweet.
    I totally get the ‘puppy dog’ feel from him, and i know he’ll be great as Mike Newton!!! :D

47. La tua Cantante says:

I liked the article!!! and I agree that in this movie and the Twilight books that the tension between Bella and Edward wanting to get a little more action with eachother i should say BUT having to struggle and and take it slow MADE HT BOOK so much more INTENSE than just putting sex into it and so on.
    I loved how it took it’s time in them slowly testing there boundaries and slowly getting a little closer!!! It kept me on edge!!! I LOVED IT!

48. I love Michael even more because his favorite song is, Shine on you Crazy Diamond by Pink Floyd!!

49. WandererHealerSeekerComforter says:

Why did they say that the name of the Soul in THe Host is Wanda. Isn’t it Wanderer? Even Time Magazine gets wrong info..