Introducing billy black

We have confirmed that Billy Black will be played by Gil Birmingham.  You can find information on the actor here.  Gil has been on such TV shows as Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Charmed and Veronica Mars.  He can also be seen in Cosmic Radio and California Indian.  Congratulations on joining the cast.

Discuss this casting here

Thanks to Pineappl92 for the heads up!

Comments

1. jo schmoe says:

i thought of him as being older and with grey hair (i know that they can change that while filming) and it made more sense for him to be heavier (because he’s in a wheel chair and cant exercise) on the main page it said to discuss this at one of the message boards… how? im not very internet savvy even though im not even old enough to drive yet! :P

2. QUEENCROWN says:

seems good to me :)

3. twilunatic says:

wow. he looks much younger than what i pictured. but he still looks absolutely perfect for the role of billy black!

4. This is awesome! I love him as Billy…though he looks like he could kick my butt…That’s actually a great thing!

5. lala-swan says:

Totally Billy material…heheheh:)

6. edwardssinger says:

he will do really great i think! he has that legendary look about him that make you want to know what he has been through… i can totally see it!

7. Love him.

8. PERFECT

9. Dannecia says:

Pretty good choice! He and Taylor will look good together!

10. Yay he is from my city San Antonio Texas!! I love him… perfect..

11. PER-FEC-TION!
    THEY DID SO AMAZING WITH HIM!
    I couldn’t ask for anything better!

12. Christina says:

Wonderful! Billy has now been casted and I am even more antsy for the movie and the fourth book.

Arg I want them to come out so badly

13. Wow! I just went to his website. Check out the slideshow pictures. He is a body builder and very fit and handsome! I like the casting.

14. Yay! He’s perfect! And I’m glad he’s Native American, at least, like the Sam actor. I’m still sad that they didn’t cast an N.A. actor to be Jacob. :-(

15. He is neat.

16. :O HE’S PERFECT! He is exactly how i pictured Billy and it’s really freaky. :O

17. La tua Cantante says:

For rapid_reader,up there
    or anyone else who was interested in what part or when he was in Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

He was in season 2 of Buffy…when Xander went out with the
    Inca Mummy girl, He was Her Protector guy.

18. Drkfairy(Pixie) says:

Perfect choice for Billy.

19. AHHHHHHHHHHHH this is brilliant, looks like more FANTASTIC casting to me :)

BRING ON TWILIGHT :D

20. Awesome chioce! He looks perfect!

21. Bella_twilight says:

Wow, he’s exactly how I pictured him!! Summit did an absolutly outstanding job on the casting (Especially ROBERT!!) and I’m soooo happy with every character!!! WOW!

22. I can totally see him as buddies with Billy Burke! Excellent casting choice again Summit!

23. DaRkPoEt says:

perfect actor for billy. two thumbs WAY up! great work!! :)

24. So he’s the Billy :) he’s going to be perfect but I cant imagine him in a wheelchair..

25. kelsieeee says:

Woah, he looks like a brilliant Billy! Just how i pictured him! :D

26. TopazTearz says:

COOL!!!!
    Looks just like I pictured Billy.

27. omg, he is PERFECT as billy!!!!!
    Iam so happy about this :D

28. Brittani says:

Yay!
    This is exactly how I imagined Billy!

29. I really like him as Billy! Actually Summit did a great job on pretty much the entire cast!

30. twilight_obsessed says:

FINALLY! it was about time they told us! do they like keeping us up at night?!!? lol, jk. but he is going to be a god Billy. i can just tell. YAY!! :) another winner!

31. EEK!!!! I KNEW this guy looked familiar. He was Inca Mummy Girl’s body guard on Buffy. My two most favoring things in the world converging. It is a good day. LOL.

32. he looks like the younger version of billy in my hesd
    yay!
    they got billy right
    woohoooo

33. where is ben why havent they cast him yet? :(

34. Dancergirl says:

He’s going to be a perfect Billy. :)

35. PERFECT!

36. yan cullen says:

dude hes so perfect to play billy wonder what he and Taylor would look like next to each other as father/son

37. I don’t think it’s possible to have cast a better Billy!

38. acting23doll says:

Not my ideal Billy… but He’ll do! I have faith that they won’t cast anyone they think can’t do it…

39. i think he looks like Billy

40. Anonymous says:

I don’t hink he lookd old enough I pictured him pretty old lol I just hope they put him in the wheelchair or else it won’t just won’t be right

41. this is for eldina:

you do realize that you said “jack black” instead of “billy
    black,” right? hahah. Jack Black is an actor, silly. =P

And, I can totally see him as Billy, but they will need to do
    some work to make it perfect. For example, putting him in
    a fat suit. haha. The description of Billy that Stephenie Meyer
    wrote in Twilight says: “In the passenger seat was a much
    older man, a heavyset man with a memorable face – a face
    that overflowed, the cheeks resting against his shoulders,
    with creases running through the russet skin like an old
    leather jacket.”

So, yeah, I’m assuming they will make him….less in shape?
    Hopefully. But I can really see him as Billy.

By the way, does anyone know if they will be using Taylor
    Lautner for Jacob even in the end of the movie? He is
    supposed to be getting .. older looking.. and much taller
    by the end of the book (in the prom scene) and I’m not
    sure that Taylor Lautner could pass for more than like..
    seventeen. Maybe I’m wrong.

42. He was in Into the West the TNT mini series from Steven Spielburg. It was outstanding and he was outstanding in it, playing the middle aged chief of a Lakota family. And they can age him–he had to be aged to play the older character since the show covers about 60 years and he played his character through about 30 of them. Check it out at blockbuster sometime. He does start until the 3rd episode but it is a wonderful and educational experience so watch them all!! And it will give you a better idea of the range of his skill than a short clip from Buffy. ;-)

43. I love him as Billy, and next to Taylor, they’ll look good.

Sampire:

Also I’m pretty sure that they will use him as Jacob to hte end. He is getting taller, he’s 5’9″ so hopefully he’ll be able to get taller, also, I think htat htye could always do something with the movie or so.

44. perfection.

He will BE Billy!

45. Acually he was on Season two of buffy and he played the “Peruvian Man” in episode 4! Just to fill ya in! Seems perfect for the part to me! Sexy ain’t he! ;0) (check out “End of the spear” also…he was in that )

46. Mary Alice Cullen says:

He looks like a great Billy, but I imagened him with little of gray hairs but it totally cool.

47. shortandproud says:

I imagened him a little older and with gray hair but I think he is great

48. Does anyone else think he looks almost young enough to be Jacob? xD
    Excellent choice though! =)

49. 100th comment. :]

He’s absolutely P.E.R.F.E.C.T.
    I imagined Billy a bit more care-worn but he’ll do just fine, just fine. :]

50. i pictured billy with like gray hair but he looks good for the part as well.