Introducing billy black

We have confirmed that Billy Black will be played by Gil Birmingham.  You can find information on the actor here.  Gil has been on such TV shows as Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Charmed and Veronica Mars.  He can also be seen in Cosmic Radio and California Indian.  Congratulations on joining the cast.

Discuss this casting here

Thanks to Pineappl92 for the heads up!

Comments

1. Jacob For The Win says:

Wow! He looks perfect for Billy.

2. He is perfect for Billy! I’m so thrilled! =)

3. Cool! He’s perfect! Better than what I imagined :]

4. La tua Cantante says:

I love him as Billy Black!! FINALLY THEY ANNOUNCE HIM!!!
    I HAVE BEEN WAITING TO KNOW! Ive been asking lately why they hadn’t anounced him yet! FINALLY he’s Native American too!

5. a may zing!

6. I like him! He looks younger than I pictured him but I think he’ll be great

7. HE’S PERFECT!!!!! that’s just how I imagined Billy!

8. oooo, i am so glad to finally know who will be playing Billy Black.
    they made a good choice!

9. he looks perfect!! He alsolooks young enough to play taylor’s dad!

10. PERFECT!!!!!!! exactly how I pictured him, well a little bit older but make up is a wonderful thing.

11. Andrea Leigh says:

YAY THE PERFECT BILLY!! AWESOME. he looks soo….soo. QUILUETE!

12. TopazTears1527 says:

Ah-mazing! He’s so perfect! There just aren’t words to describe how wonderful he’ll be as Billy Black! Wow I just was looking at one of the pics on his site, he’s got some MUSCLE!!! He’s even better than Stephenie Meyer’s suggestion for Billy! I couldn’t be happier!

13. Edward's girl says:

PERFECT BILLY!! i am so happy with who they picked.

14. rapid_reader says:

Yah, he looks so perfect for Billy! For those of you who have watched Buffy the Vampire Slayer, who was he? I don’t remember him.

15. i hope they keep him in a wheelchair. that’s a big part of billy’s character. congratulations!!

16. wow, they did a really good job with billy. he might look a little young, but still. he’s pretty right on.

17. CullenWannabee says:

WOWZERS! hes perfect! I’m soo phsiced for this movie its insane!!!!

18. La tua Cantante says:

WAIT!!!!!! THIS MEANS THAT THE WHOLE CAST FOR TWILIGHT IS FINALLY OFFICIALLY COMPLETE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    RIGHT?

19. OMG OMG OMG!! perfect billy black!! exactly how i pictured him!! i just hope that they put him in a weelchair, i’d be so mad if they took that out :|

20. Jacob's Imprint says:

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM SO EXCITED 4 THIS MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This guy’s PERFECT for Billy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

21. Third Wife says:

Perfect!!!

Hey, Charlie and Billy didn’t seem so good looking when I read the books. Not that I’m complaining. :D

22. WOW. He is perfect.

23. omg he’s awesome! perfect!

24. Maddie Cullen says:

Awesomeness! But I’m still waiting to discover who will be playing Phil, Ben, and Lauren…hmmmm???? LOL :D
    Thanks for the update!

p.s. Robert is Hott! with a capital HOTT!

25. Wow, he’s WAYYYYY HOTT!!

26. i really think that its good that they put him as jack black he looks like the person i imagined as jack while reading the book im soo glad that they finally made it final

27. Men, he looks scary (in a good way).
    I wonder if he is going to be in a wheel-chair like in the book. I’m glad Billy is not a werewolf, I would pee my pants if he was to turn into one.

28. wow, he is sooo perfect! im really happy!

29. Insomnia says:

I must say, he’s pretty handsome for a dad, lol. Check out the muscles; very youthful looking, but stern, the pic scream “I am man, hear me roar!”. Hehehehe.

30. sierra_blue says:

Great casting. The only person left that I can think of who hasn’t been cast is Lauren. (Think they cut her role from the movie?)

31. OHH-EM-GEE!! This dude is pretty cool!! I imagined him a little older and with grey hair…but I like him!! ^.^

32. Thayet1231 says:

wow….that’s all i can say…if looks count, (which they DO) a PERFECT Billy…and no doubt he will be an amazing actor…major props to Summit!

33. Excellent choice.

34. awesommmee!!! He looks absolutely perfect, not to mention HOT!!!

35. wow uh… i may be totally out of the loop here but who is playing charlie? im gonna snoop around and see if i can figure that one out… any help?

36. Maddie Cullen says:

LOL if looks count which they do… That was funny! good one Thayet1231!
    He’s perfect! :D

p.s. Robert is Hott! with a capital HOTT!

37. Elizabeth says:

He is as perfect as it can get for Billy.:)

38. He is exactly how I imagined Billy Black to be!!

39. he looks like an awesome billy~!

40. I thought Billy would be older, or look older. But oh well just the same.

41. They couldn’t have picked some one more perfect for him…it’s exactly how I pictured Billy!

42. I must say this is pretty much how I pictured Billy. Great pick! :]

43. jovib1029 says:

omg hes perfect!

44. I know exactly who he is!

In Veronica Mars, he played the mean casino owner in season 2, and in BtVS, he played the guard who was supposed to keep people from breaking the Inca Mummy Princess’s shield in the episode Inca Mummy School from season 2!

He just keeps on popping up everywhere!

45. He’s EXACTLY how I pictured Billy. :D

46. Wow i think they did a great job choosing Billy he seems great to me and one of the closest of the cast that i imagined

47. i think hes a great billy, hes just what i imagined!! :D.. i think they should post a picture of him and jacob together, just to see if theres a resemblance, and to see just what they look like as the “black” family.. :D yeaaa. cant wait until the movie!!! : )

48. fiiinallyyy!! he’s PERFECT. but then everyone they’ve cast is perfect so it’s not much of a shocker lol.

49. He’s one of the few people who looks just as I pictured in the books. Absolutely perfect!! Congrats Gil!!!

And Summer, I agree. A Black Family photo is now needed! : )

50. TeamRobert! says:

A great choice for Billy! He looks perfect for the role.