Packing out at kalama

The excitement is winding down at Kalama High School. The crews are busy teching out. You know a movie shoot is over when people start picking up their stunt shrubbery and loading it onto trucks.  Filming is now moving to new locations. We are fortunate enough to have an extra who will share her experience (to the degree allowed by her Summit contract) without spoiling the experience that is all heading to us on December 12th.

So in one last homage to the amazing Kalama shoot, we thought we’d post one last Lexiconer encounter. Thanks to Mae for sharing.

So today was the last day of filming at Kalama … and my sister and I were not about to let that go to waste. Ironically enough, we were in the area (Seattle) and my older sister was willing enough to drive us, despite the fact she’s never read the books (that will soon change!). Ain’t she great?

So we left around 10 am and arrived around 12 pm. The whole way there I had major butterflies in my stomach. When I saw that "Kalama" sign, I knew THIS WAS IT.

Kalama. What a tiny, tiny, tiny town! It’s literally two blocks long and everyone knows everyone. The high school is an elementary and middle school as well. Yes, it’s true. All the kids in the town go to the same school! Coming from a large city (Vancouver, Canada) I found that surprising and different. So we arrived there and got awesome parking! We saw that there were some Twilight fans there too and we all came together immediately. Apparently we JUST missed Robert and that REALLY bummed my sister and I out. But we didn’t loose hope. We talked to Peter, an extra on the movie. He tried out for Sam, but didn’t get it.  Then we met Jeff who worked on DVD features.

We watched the crew film some shots that included some extras. That was really cool. Me and my sister were all paranoid that the security guards would be all anal, but seriously … I’ve never met so many chill professionals ever! They were there, talking to us and what not. It was a good surprise.

So we were all sitting by a log, just hanging and talking when I noticed a pale, glowing thing in the corner of my eye. I turned and there he was. Robert Pattinson. My heart literally stop and I went all bug eyed. Then finally, when my brain finally connected with the rest of my body, I grabbed my sister and just blurbed "Rob! Robert! Edward. He’s right here. Robert. Edward is there. That’s Rob!" and she was like "Whaaat!?". Everyone was looking at me like I was crazy, because everyone’s angle had the trailers covering him. Then when he was heading inside everyone was like "Oh!! It is him!". I knew I wasn’t crazy.

So, the waiting was fun. It was unusually sunny and warm. I wasn’t complaining though. We didn’t eat breakfast so we decided to go get some lunch with the other Twi-Hards there. Me and my sister were certain we weren’t hungry, but once we took one bite of our Subway sub … we realized how hungry we were! Then we headed back to the set.

Now this is when the magic happened.

We waited for quite awhile when Robert graced us with his presence. My other sister was the one who noticed him … and she knows NOTHING about this! So again, my heart acted in a way I’m pretty sure isn’t normal. So after taking about 10 pictures of him, it was time to wait once again. Then … he came out again. This time he was walking this way.

He looked at me and I waved. He the smiled and I asked "Hi! Can we take a picture with you?" And he was like "Sure" in his lovely British accent. Ladies, he looked AMAZING with his pale skin, auburn hair, liquid topaz eyes and plumped red lips. I always knew he’d make an amazing Edward, so this encounter just sealed the deal. For all those who doubted or are doubting him … cast your worries aside. You have a young man, whose gorgeous, has a very sweet, subtle personality and not to mention … he has class. Edward’s portrayal is in good hands.

Oh! And might I add … when my sister and I took a picture with him, he did the Edward smirk and he NAILED in. I know he did that on purpose ;) How am I still breathing? I have no idea.

Comments

1. Harryfan says:

Cool! Sounds exciting.

2. Yeah they will be at a new location today. But good you found them before they head out of Kalama. Thanks Kitz for all your inside info.

3. Jennifer says:

wow!!
    that smile of edward’s…
    it’s just..
    omg
    *squeels like a paranoid fan girl*
    thankyou SO much!

4. CaseyCullen says:

I love those pictures!!! my eyes are practically watering becauseof his dang beauty!! he is a perfect edward!!!
    ps. people should go see Never Back Down!! it has Cam being all James-y, he will also be perfect!!!

5. Haha I love Kellan.

“I will destroy Jacob when I see him”

One more reason to love him (sorry, no offense Jacob-lovers ;) ).

6. Oops wrong topic. Ignore my previous post :D

7. Oh my god! I was squealing the entire time I was reading your encounter… that is so amazing! Robert sounds awesome, and that smirk is great! =)

8. Wow, I was just about to say that I was squealing while reading that… appears I’m not the only one! Eeeeeeeee! :)

9. Edward4Life!! says:

OMG!!! thats awsm!!!! he totally NAILED the smirk!! luvvv him!!!

10. It’s awesome that all that actors are genuinely nice and seem to love this movie as much as we do! :)

11. Love the smirk!!!!!!! *faints* :D * :D * :D

12. Emilly (em's_twilight) says:

*does a little dance* Hes such a cute boy! Id tap that ha ha just kidding yo!….. or am I? ha ha

13. http://theinconstantmoon.deviantart.com/
    (my website)

i love those two pics…..I THINK WE ALL KNOW WHICH TWO!

I HAD TO MAKE A CLOSE UP AND POST IT
    HAD TO!

14. edward's girl says:

Those pictures are great! Thanks for sharing :)

15. Those pictures are awesome!! Me likes.. lol! Thanks

16. Bettinuhhh says:

awwwww, i’m so jealous! i wish i was THAT close to Kalama. :( anyway, thanks for sharing! that was awesome..and the pics are great! and OMG. the smirk! GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. that is the loveliest smirk ever!

17. Aw so lucky!

18. Luckiest girl ever! Thanx for posting the pics.

19. wow i am INCREDIBLY jealous ahh hes SO hot

20. OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I swear when I was looking at those I totally forgot to breathe! He totally got the smirk down!! He’s perfect!!!!! *faint*

21. BoysfromBooks says:

oh. my. god. how lucky are they!?!?!? i am beyond jealous. Robert! he looked amazing! omgsh! OH MY GOSH!
    and the fact that they are packing up means just how much closer we are to getting the movie! (psh, like another half a year…but so what)

that is AMAZING

22. Awe. That smile is just so touching.
    I want to give him a big hug and make him smile for me.
    That’d brighten my day.

23. Katie – you can maybe upload the pictures to Photobucket or Flickr and post the links (or the folder) here. ;)

24. edward loves nicole says:

my doubts with regard to robert playing edward is dissappearing. thanks to that photo where he did THAT smile…… OMG!!!!!! (screams and blushes) :) cant wait for the movie…. :)

25. La tua Cantante says:

ROBERT looks absolutly AMAZING!!!
    BUT I WAS CURIOUS TO KNOW,
    does anyone ever take advantage in these oppurtunities when they get to meet Rob and take a photo with him to let him know how many people out there are really are supporting him and appreciate all his hard work and effort he has done to put into this film?
    well,next time any of you are lucky enuogh to come face to face with him…PLEASE let him know how thankful we ALL are!
    I bet it’s hard to forget about when you see him and are wrapped up in the moment.

26. Does anyone know where they are filming now? I thought that filming in Kalama ended on Friday. And, I live really close by so I was going to drive up there.

27. Oh, look at those pictures! I’m speachless :D and rob looks handsome

28. QUEENCROWN says:

i’m not breathing.

I
    would.
    have.
    DIED.

29. Oh my goodness! My heart is beating so terribly fast. He is GORGEOUS!

30. Dancergirl says:

Your are the luckiest person ever!
    Thanks for the picture, Robert is so hot!

31. OMFG!! He is beautiful!!
    I am almost hyperventiliating!!
    I really wish he was there!!
    I have never felt so jealous!!

32. WHOA.
    CAN’T BREATHE. TOO BEAUTIFUL.

If I can’t breathe now, I think I’d die on the spot if I met him.
    You’re so lucky! And the pictures you took are AWESOME. Thank you.

… the smirk is certainly to die for. Just absolutely angelic.

33. He is so stunning. Thank you.

34. ever since rob has touched my heart
    i have discovered something that i could do that i never knew was possible

i squealed
    i’m a pathetic squealing fan
    robert, WHY DO YOU HAVE TO BE SO GOOD LOOKING?
    oh yea, ’cause you’re playing edward cullen

obv.

35. It gets my heart a pitter-pattering just thinking about it! My sister’s arm would have been bruised or broken I’d have been hitting her so much when I saw him!! I wouldn’t have even been able to stand next to him. I’d probably get the urge to grab him and throw him in my car and drive off madly. Just for a while… :)

36. Sarah (aka imhuntingforwitches) says:

AH! Robert got the Edward smirk down….PERFECTLY! Exactly how I pictured it. Wow…Robert IS Edward!

37. You’re so lucky!!! I LOVE Robert!!!!! I’ve supported him as Edward from the begining. Sadly I’m at school so I can’t see the pic.’s till probally tomorrow. I’ve got a after school thing today that’ll last till around 9ish. ToT *sob*
    Go Team Edward!!!!

38. OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i cant wait till th movie comes out. i love stephenie’s books. i cant believe robert patterson is playin Edward, he’s sooooooo hot. i hope the movies good which probably it’ll be fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

39. TwilightFreak says:

Robert totally got Edward’s smirk right. Awesome job Rob!! Hey that rimes.

40. TwilightFreak says:

I feel bad for ‘A True Vampire’ she can’t see the pic till tommorow.Sorry……..

41. OMG i was hyperventiliating and sqealing he is so good i loved
    the smirk he got it tottally right I LOVE HIM FOR EDWARD
    The movie is close -not really- sort of he :)
    I wish i could meet him but nooo i live in phoenix -dang-
    I will meet one of them mwahahaha!!! -not crazy-
    I LOVE ROBERT♥

42. God. i am so jealous. i could siriusly pull my hair out right now. i’m happy for you, but i’ve never felt so jealous in my life. :[
    Robert is so HOT! he's perfect :]

43. Marsluvzedward says:

LUCKY PEOPLE!!!!!!

im officially super jealous.

i live sooo far away (in chicago!) so i cant go check out the set! :'( :'( :'(

44. I’m digging that smirk. Very sexy. I find it funny that he did it on purpose though. LOL. Someone must’ve been practicing… XD

45. I seriously wish I was her. It makes me cry D:
    wah!
    I want to meet all the cast and doubles, ALL OF THEM!
    –sigh–

46. OMG!! I looked at the picture of Mae and Robertm and I like totally laughed and snorted,lol. He looks really good!I can’t wait to see the movie!!

47. Hey ladies! Thanks for all the comments. And I know, I feel EXTREMELY fortunate! It was my first instinct to share this moment with all the lexiconers :)

– Mae

48. ok, so i wasn’t even there with you and i can’t breathe.
    thank you so much for posting those pictures to =]

49. Okay, i totally squealed and giggled and showed my sister, who did the same thing. I had to concentrate to keep from hyperventilating…That smirk! Seems I wasn’t the only one either!
    It’s really weird, but Robert Pattinson is honestly EXACTLY how I imagined Edward when I read the book. I mean down to a T. Thanks so much for sharing these photos and your amazing experience!

50. Elizabeth Bennett says:

Mae,
    I’m so happy for you that 1. you actually got to see Robert in person; 2. that you had the courage to ask for a picture; 3. The picture turned out awesome! That is seriously one of my fav shots of him ever! Thanks so much for sharing your story. I live vicariously through all those fans fortunate enough to visit the set and have twilight cast encounters. Reading about them just makes my day! :-)

1. [...] Tomorrow is the last day for TwilightMOMS to submit questions for MTV! March 25th, 2008 MTV Columnist asks for questions from the TwilightMOMS:“So, it looks like I’ll be doing a formal “set visit” soon. I’d love to get some hardcore geek questions from you folks…Basically, which dream questions would they want answers to? I’ll be interviewing virtually everybody.”CLICK HERE… to submit your questions.  Deadline has been extended until Wednesday. Also, you can go HERE to submit questions to an interview from MTV…  not sure if it is the same person or not…  And finally, the Lexicon has added one of their member’s story and pictures of her day at Kalama.  There is a couple really good shots of Rob  You can read about it HERE. ~inspired [...]

2. [...] Earlier, we shared a fan moment that Mae had on the set of Twilight.  We also shared with you the comments from Kate about watching that moment.  Now we have video footage of Robert meeting some fans.  It’s so adorable!  Thanks to twilightvinculum for posting the video.  [...]

3. [...] by. Well, she did get lucky and Rob dropped by making her day. You can see the coverage of that here and [...]

4. [...] she did get lucky and Robert Pattinson dropped by making her day. You can see the coverage of that here and [...]

5. [...] by. Well, she did get lucky and Rob dropped by making her day. You can see the coverage of that here and [...]