Under construction and casting call for extras

Don’t panic it will be back. I know you currently can’t see the personal correspondence and several other items. We are working on it.  Various times may be going up and down over the next few days.

Also Seth, Stephenie’s Webmaster, posted information about open casting calls for extras.  Thanks to Sara for the heads up.

Comments

1. TotalEclipse says:

I’m a little nervous about Edward with “shoulder length” brown hair… I know his hair is supposed to be “untidy”, but I didn’t envision it as being long!! Oh, well….

2. uhm, correct my if i’m wrong, did it mention that carlisle’s double is supposed to be a girl? can someone explain this to me? i’m not wise in the ways of stand-ins.

3. Woo! Heads up to me! :) That’s my second mention on the website! Yay!

Anyway, YES! I know! The “shoulder length dark hair” kinda has me… not freaking out. I’m not to the freaking out stage. But I’m… nervous. Yes, TotalEclipse. That’s a good word. I don’t picture Edward’s hair long either…

4. I’m totally signing up on the website. And, since you can’t sign up and live in Texas, I have officially (in my mind) moved in with my Grandmother, up in Washington! ;) I’ll let you know what I find!

5. Okay, now I’m like, “Ummm… are they going to call me?” But I’m pretty much out of the age range and TOTALLY don’t look like a high schooler anymore… so I SHOULD be safe, right? Because I DON’T live with my grandma in Washington, and how much would it suck if they were like, “Yeah, come on down to the studio and audition” or whatever and I was like, “Yeah… I live in Texas…”

6. Dreams_Beyond_Expectation says:

Why couldn’t they have filmed this a year ago? WHY??? I so could’ve been an extra! :(

7. TotalEclipse says:

I know, I was thinking of signing up, but I live in Massachusetts… maybe I should plan a visit to my sister in Portland OR indefinitely! I don’t think I’d like to be in a movie anyway, doesn’t the camera add 10 pounds or something… ten pounds would KILL me! lol

8. This is one of those moments where I wish I lived in Oregon D:

9. Yeah. The 10 lbs would murder me, too. Hahaha… ALRIGHT PEOPLE, don’t bother signing up unless you really really want to be considered! There’s no additional information on the casting website.

And if you DO want to sign up, you have to have a photo of yourself. It should PROBABLY be professionalish-looking–not one you took of yourself with your cat… (That’s the best picture of ME I’ve taken in a while… haha!) :) And you have to give them all your measurements and what size clothes you wear and your shoe size and your phone number and e-mail address and all SORTS of information. So yeah. Just a heads up.

BEST OF LUCK to all of your Oregon, Washington, Colorado, and whatever-the-fourth-state-was (CA? ID?) people who might actually be ABLE to try out! AWESOME!

10. Oh, I totally lied! Sorry all you Colorado people! It’s OR, WA, CA, and NV. Who woulda thought? I guess Colorado IS all the way on the other side of Utah. Mmmm… I need to work on my geography skills!

11. Dreams_Beyond_Expectation says:

Just noticed something:

Laurent – African American, long dreads.

Dreads? Now I really don’t remember that from the book, but ok! :)

12. twilightroses says:

i know i read the thing about laurent and was like “HUH?!” so now im confused….

13. As soon as I heard about being an extra for this movie, I signed up on extras only…and just a minute ago when I signed in on that website, it said I was being considered for the movie! I literally screamed out loud!

14. could somebody explain to me about the double thing? i don’t get it at all. why do they need double?

15. I signed up weeks back when I heard they were handling the extras. My page says that I have been submitted for the job…I would totally have to fly out to Oregon, but I think it would be worth it!

16. hey! i signed up on extras only too and im really excited as well! good luck to those that try :D

17. like omg!!!! eeeek!!! i wanna be an extra!!! but i cant fly all the way to portland..my wings would get tired..^.^

18. Dreams_Beyond_Expectation says:

WHAT?!?!?! Mikel, you’ve got to keep us updated on EVERYTHING that happens! And if you get in, and happen to see Robert…*dies*…take a picture or something!!!

19. Tee-hee! I’m signing up!! O~O I hope I get accepted! ::will drop everything to be in the CA part ;~; ::

20. good, I thought my computer was broken

21. So the exciting news is that it does say Alice will have short hair and that Rosalie will have blonde hair, woot!!

22. TotalEclipse says:

Where did you hear that Lindsey? Pm me if you can’t post it…

23. Cullen Angel says:

I would love to be an extra, but alas I cannot afford to go! I am excited for it all though! Can’t wait till the movie is done!

24. No problem, go to extrasonly.com and when you find the twilight casting call they explain what they are looking for in a double for the characters :)

25. man it wont let me because i live in pa.. grrrrrrrrrrrr. anyways good luck to everyone else

26. How do you PM someone?

27. On the extrasonly website, under the Now Casting list it has the Twilight movie listed with ‘Open Call’ next to it. It’s clickable, but every time I click it, it says my session has timed out and to sign in again, even though I literally just signed in two seconds ago. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

28. Where I am going to view it, is at the bottom of the homepage is says now casting for twilight “click here” and when I click on that, then it brings me to the cast descriptions…hope that helps!

29. Gah! How I wish I lived on OR *sigh*…oh well. This is all really exciting. I don’t mind too much about the long hair for Edward, or however else the people will look. After I see the movie I’ll probably re-read the books and I’ll imagine those people anyways so no big deal. *Still irked about not being able to be an extra*

30. maybe they want to be able to cut his hair so it’s perfect, for edward, and that’s why it has to be long

31. I like where your head is at wolfgirl! Thats a great way to think about it, and that is how I’ll be thinking about it until we see the first pictures of Robert as Edward!

32. TotalEclipse says:

33. TotalEclipse says:

Good point wolf girl, I must stay positive!!! I’m sure I’ll love it however his hair looks! The cast looks really great, no matter if they will all have longish hair lol By the way, Lindsey, if you go to the message board section, that’s where you can send PMs.

34. Dreams_Beyond_Expectation says:

Great thought, wolfgirl! I’ve got to make myself believe that. *chants* they’re making him perfect; they’re making him perfect; they’re making him perfect.

So when do you think you guys will hear back about the extras? I mean, since it said “ASAP”, I would assume that you’d hear within the next few days?

35. Too bad I am english :(

36. Correct me if I’m wrong…but didn’t John Hughes direct Sixteen Candles?? On the flyer it says “…director Catherine Hardwicke (Sixteen Candles, Lords of Dogtown)…” I found that to be truly amusing! Okay, and the whole “Shoulder length brown hair” thing really worries me. If he has long messy hair that’s fine, but don’t make him full-on Fabio!!!! Worst case scenario: The first time we see edward in the film they use that soft look that makes him look all weird and like he’s from a dream and then they turn the fans on and his hair blows in the wind making him look like he belongs on the cover of a cheesy romance novel. That is the worst that can happen, I think. :)

37. Jasper is 5″5’??? I imagined him taller!!! And Laurant, that’s just weird!!!

The first thing I though about with the long hair for Edward was that they would be cutting it to the same length & cut that Robert had…

I am debating about applying for a role as an extra. I used to be an extra in a bunch of things & I loved it. I just moved from CA to AZ, but I think I will still apply. I have a lot of frequest flyer miles so I could make it…just wondering what I would do about my job…

38. I just got all excited and depressed in the matter of 3 mins….I’m going to talk to my dad tonight when he takes me out to dinner if I can go to portland this weekend. I may be on the other side of the country but this would mean everything to me. Wish me luck tonight with my dad :)

39. What! Laurent has dreads?!?!??! but hes is french! Ahhh what have they done?!?

40. Oh my goodness, I never thought this would actually happen! OPEN casting call for this movie??
    I can imagine that every girl (or guy even) on here has gone and filled out an application.
    I wish the best of luck to everyone!! This is so exciting! :D

annabel:

Actor’s doubles or “stand-ins” are important during shooting. They replace the real actor for the trivial things like with lighting, or having shots taken from behind. They obviously do not have speaking roles, but they play a crucial role in the making of a film.

I hope that helps! :)

-IC

41. I fairly certain they are asking for “long hair” so they can then cut it to the right length. What they don’t want it a guy with a buzz cut because the hair won;t grow in by filming time.

The 5’5″ thing on Jasper I wouldn’t worry about. Tom Cruise is short and in all his movies they make him look taller by having taller actresses walk in ditches or having other people in the scene sit down.

42. well, if stand-ins are used for back shots and stuff, won’t it be rather noticable if carlisle’s back looks like a girl’s back? D:

43. I live in Texas but still applied. I have an aunt who lives in Oregon who I could stay with. So, yeah, I can make it work.

44. hey is it just me or was Carsile suppose to have Blonde hair not dark hair
    im confused whos Jasper??????????

45. hey is it just me or was Carsile suppose to have Blonde hair not dark hair
    im confused whos Jasper??????????

46. who got the roll of Jasper because on the on page it said they need a double 4 him

47. I think hair color is irrelevant at this point. Perhaps they’ll change. It shouldn’t be confusing because movies change. They’re not going to stick to everyone exactly.

Oh and Victoria is being played by Rachelle Lefevre not Rachel. That’s to clear up about 100 messages I got from people at Twilight Layouts for You. I didn’t think it was a big deal, it’s a simple typo but many of you were pretty confused.

Many thanks to the wonderful Pel for keeping us updated. It really is a blessing especially with so many other things you must have going on. Kudos, Pel!

48. rawr I live in NY Dx Kind of the opposite side of the country xDD
    What pelirroja said up there about the hair is exactly what I was thinking before xP
    Still can’t wait for the movie~ X)

49. Sara, the link to apply for the extras isn’t working for my computer– would you mind terribly to post a link? It would be the best if you could, even though i’ll probably get passed over as I live up near NY, but it would still mean a lot if you, or anyone else who reads this and got the link to work would pretty pretty pretty please with Edward on top post the link.

Thanks so much!!