Filming Site Revealed

According to TDN, that serves the Columbia Valley, the Twilight movie will be using Kalama High School as a shooting location during the school’s spring break.  Whether or not Forks High School will be used at all is not at this time known. They may use Forks HS for exterior shots, but this high school for interiors.

Also, while I am at it, yes we are aware of the rumors circulating around the net. At this time they are just that–rumors. I wouldn’t put too much stock in anything until it is officially released by Stephenie or Summit. In other words, do the words "Colton Haynes" and staying up until 3:00am for Tory’s big announcement ring any bells?

Lastly, the fact that Summit is having an open casting for Jacob Black does not mean other parts have not been cast. It means they just haven’t announced it. Remember that movies are not shot in chronological order. Jacob has a small part in Twilight.  It is not a big deal not to have that part at this point.

Comments

1. Moonpetal Lily says:

*gasp* Why can’t I live in Oregon? Now I’m begining to wish that I had taken a local chance for a movie filming when it came to my school earlier this year….

2. Is it just me or does that school look freakishly familiar? Has it been used in any other movies it just seems like perfect like.

3. I’m excited to hear who they choose to play Jacob Black.
    I’m also really looking forward to hear who’s playing everyone else. =)

4. behappyhewhispered says:

very cool ;) – I definitely have to admit that I went to their website and tried to find pictures of their cafeteria or a classroom. *ha no luck*

5. Why cant they use Forks High School for interior shots also? The school does look like it’s been used in other movies.

No clue on that one. I can only guess that the ceiling heights, layout of the hallways, classroom sizes, may make it difficult  for the camera angles. Also, Forks is really in the middle of nowhere. The other location might be closer to the source of equipment, hotels, supply of actors, and other personnel.  You can easily do exterior shots in one day, and you might not even need the actors just the Forks HS sign, whereas indoors you need a lot of people over several days.

Pel~

6. whoot!! i live in Washington! yay!=) i’m gunna go watch them film some of it! woooo!! Forks High school is 2 small 4 them 2 film it in i think.. and it’s not that nice of school… so yeaz.. and there r hotels out by Forks but there a little bit away.. so thats probably why.. but omg! i can’t wait!!!

7. Kalama High School looks like the school they used in the Covenant.

It makes sense since Forks High School seems pretty small on the outside. Kalama looks like it’s more versatile, and the camera crew can get creative with angle shots.

I like it.

How exciting! It’s all coming together.

8. verschreibsel says:

Hey cool ^^
    It looks pretty good. I’m so excited!

9. I wonder what it would be like to go to that high school. Do the students there even know that they are filming there?

10. Hmm, I’m so tempted to spend my whole spring break outside the school hoping they would need an extra, extra. :P Ugh, I hate living so far away.

11. Bella_twilight says:

What rumors?? I can’t find any pictures of the inside of the school!!! lol

12. Edward_Fan101 says:

OMG, I wish I lived in Orgeon! I’m so mad, oh well.

13. I’m pretty sure the rumor they’re talking about is the one that everyone was saying the Colton Haynes was going to play Edward. If you go to Colton’s imdb page and go to the boards it has it all over there.
    Anyways, I wish we could see the inside of the school. I would think that Forks High would be too small, considering the size of the town. But, I’m fine with their decision.
    :D

14. YES! The spot of the famous “Bella sees Cullens for the first time” Woohoo!

15. Well, it certainly does look green. XD

16. Lucky them :/ it must be fun to be a extra all of a sudden.

17. They won’t be…it said spring break didn’t it?

18. twilightlvr says:

does anyone know where to find any pictures of the inside???

19. The scool does look like The Covenant. I was just waching it right now and all of a sudden i come to the site and i see the school again! WOW! Three words my friends de ja vu. Talk about wierd.

But siriusly is that school from the Covenant? :)

20. Teresa Cullen says:

YES!! i’m HAPPY! its so good that jacob black WILL be in the movie after all!

yeah i have the same question: What is wrong with forks high school? why can’t they do it there?? this is so crazy but i LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

21. Wait! it is not from the movie The Covenant that school is called Bishop University in Canada. Sorry i just had to let you guys know. :)

22. LuckyBella says:

What rumors are we talking about?

I just googled Colton Haynes, and everything was all COLTON TO PLAY EDWARD CULLEN! but it was from November, before Robert Pattinson had been cast…

so i was just wondering what the deal is now?

23. Genevieve says:

I live in Oregon!!! And I know- sort of- where that is!! Awesome!!

24. Pineappl92 says:

How come the link says it’s a middle school? Oh, well. At least they’ve decided where they’re shooting the scenes.

I hope they announce the other characters.

25. What rumors?! I’m confused.

26. hmmm, what are the rumors about colton haynes?

Well, I just found this on imdb and i found it interesting… i have no idea if it is true or not, it was just on a twilight thread:

“The main cast is also almost completely set with an announcement scheduled for January 30th. this will be made via the internet and through press release via Hollywood Reporter and daily variety. watch for it.”

Here’s the link where i found it: http://imdb.com/title/tt1099212/board/nest/94942928

27. Mrs_Topaz_Eyes says:

Wow, ELSPETH.
    Thanks for that.
    I was really confused about the Colton Haynes thing.
    *sigh* So close to Oregon…yet so far away…

28. is a 37 year old too old to re-enroll in high school? :)

29. *Twilight* says:

Wow this is geat news! I want to be an extra. if only i lived in Oregon =(

30. yay this is awesome! i live about 20 minutes away from that school. I’e been to the elementary school.

I really want to be an extra but on the website it said 18+. sad :[

oh well, i hope i can go watch part of it!

31. have the main staff people of lexicon read the rough draft of breaking dawn? (like alphie and pel?)

32. Hellish Red Devil says:

I love how quickly production is progressing–seems we’re getting news almost on a weekly basis now. Rad. :D

33. What rumors??!

34. VampireLoverxoxo says:

I am also wondering what rumors there are

35. what rumors?…if colton haynes is edward instead of robert, i’ll flip

36. Gillian B. says:

I haven’t heard those rumors….

Kalama Middle School?
    Those lucky ……..

I wish I was there.
    Very much. *sigh*

37. I am so excited!
    Finally they are taking action as to where it is going to be filmed.
    I can not wait to see who is going to play Jacob. One of my guy friends would looks like Jacob A LOT.
    Too bad I dont live in Oregon. *sigh*Or washington, *sigh* again.

Still cant wait!

38. Rayne Girl says:

Omg! I love Twilight so much! :) I can’t wait for the movie to come out… I hope that they don’t mess it up though… I wish I was in Oregon too… *Sigh*

39. Yayyyy!!! That’s so cool. I used to live just north of Vancouver, WA — in Ridgefield, so this school is real close to there! Beautiful area…

40. Fire and Ice says:

*Sigh* I never felt so bad about living in New York…The high school they chose does look nice, though. I would be nice if they used Forks high, even for just the exterior of the school shots.

41. OMG!!!! I’ve been to that school before! My cousin used to go there! It’s going to be SOOOOOOOOOO perfect for the movie.

42. What rumors? I can’t find anything. Help please?

p.s. YAY! Jacob Black! =P

43. AW! I know- the rumars are killing me…I have no idea what they are, but I’m dying to know! (Even if it’s fake…still fun to squeal about…) :D

THANK YOU Elspeth! January 30th is only 11 days away!! AWW!!! Only 11 more days…okay, I think I can handle that much! :)

44. wow…washington looks so appealing now. lol my friend lives in seattle…maybe i could go visit him the same time they’re filming? puahahahahha! xD

45. Wait does that mean that they have the cast but not ready to annouce it? I’m confussed can someone help me?
    I hope they have the cast :D

46. Whats happening on January 30? help? :D

47. nissanmama says:

It’s not separate buildings, but it is brick. That may come out more believable and current on film.

48. can someone please explain the rumours :S

49. oh, I think I’ve got it. There are rumours going around that Nakotah LaRance is to play Jacob Black….some audition tapes are around the net etc…but they are just rumours.

50. i think the rumors are the ones from like november that said colton hayes was being considered to play edward, but then they decided on robert pattinson, so i dont know who is still going on about it! and Aggie, january 30th is the day that they announce the cast for twilight! im assuming its everone, but it days on imdb.com that they will announce via pres release and internet articles etc.