At this stage there are opportunities for both screenwriters and directors. In future stages, there are opportunities for performers to submit themselves for casting consideration in the winning entries.
Essentially everything you need to know is here at the official website https://tongal.com/project/twilight. There IS A LOT OF INFORMATION, READ THE DETAILS ON https://tongal.com/project/twilight CAREFULLY.
Here are some of the highlights from the official website:
The goal is to create a 5-10 minute Short Film set in the Twilight universe, featuring a character from The Twilight Saga: The Official Illustrated Guide. Fans of Twilight will vote to select which characters they’d like to see in the Short Films and female writers will create Screenplay Outlines and complete Screenplays featuring those characters. Stephenie Meyer and Women In Film will then select and mentor 5 fresh, bold female filmmakers to bring the Screenplays to life.
As you undoubtedly know, the roots of Twilight began before 2500 B.C., but Bella and Edward didn’t meet until January 2005, so there are plenty of tales to tell. Think of your work as spinning “the story before the story;” yes, we want you to explore the world of Twilight before Bella moved to Forks.
There are several different ways you can participate in this initiative.
- First, fans are invited to vote on which characters should appear in these new stories.
- Second, female writers submit Screenplay Outlines, and then complete Screenplays featuring one or more of those characters.
- Last, female filmmakers will create Pitches of how they would direct and produce one of the Winning Screenplays. Winning filmmakers will receive up to $50,000 each to produce their Short Films, Hollywood entertainment industry exposure, and the Grand Prize winner will receive a grand prize of a lifetime, which includes an opportunity to shadow a director on one of Lionsgate’s television shows, and an all-new 2015 Volvo XC90. See Official Rules for details.
Let your imagination run wild – don’t be afraid to get creative. Your submissions can be whatever you want them to be: Anime like Cowboy Bebop, or hyper-stylized like Wes Anderson – any genre or style you can dream up! As long as it feels true to the world of Twilight (however you interpret it), the style is considered fair game.
- You must be female and at least thirteen (13) years or older to enter.
- All content must be in the English language or subtitled in English.
- All content submitted must be consistent with a rating of G, PG or PG-13. No profanity, offensive language, nudity, excessive violence or otherwise objectionable material may be entered. Be sure to refer to the MPAA ratings definitions,found here.
- All content submitted must take place at a time and place prior to the day Edward and Bella met.
- All content must remain faithful to the essence and DNA of the characters and their backstories as provided in The Twilight Saga: The Official Illustrated Guide, and must not contradict any known truths of this world. For example, if a character does not die in The Twilight Saga: The Official Illustrated Guide, then that character cannot die in the Screenplays or the Short Film.
- For a detailed list of all the Submissions Requirements for each phase of the competition, view the Official Rules.