Update on The Premiere FanCamp

We got this in from Summit/Lionsgate a few hours ago.  Again, we can’t stress that we know as much as you do at this point, so please just read all the information below and breathe!

Dear Twilight Fans,

Summit Entertainment is pleased to announce that we are able to increase the size of Fan Camp from 1200 to 1500 campers!  Confirmation emails are going out soon, so please check your inbox to see if your registration was selected for camp, as well as further instructions and details.

Unfortunately, even with this increase in camp size, we still aren’t able to admit all of the registrants this year (due to the overwhelming number that we received!).  Fear not, if your registration was not selected in the random drawing, you will be notified via email today and will receive instructions on how to add yourself or your group to the wait list.
Please read it carefully.  You must notify us within 48 hours if you wish to be added to the wait list.  Please Note:  No new registrations will be accepted.  The wait list is only for campers who received a registration confirmation during the initial registration window.

Confirmed Campers: Please be courteous to your fellow Twihards! If you can no longer attend, let us know as soon as possible at bd2fancamp@lionsgate.com so that we can admit campers off the wait list.  Your confirmation is not transferable (i.e. you cannot give it to a friend).

Please know that Summit is currently working on sourcing additional camp space so that we can admit more campers, but until we do, please make sure you get on the wait list in the event that there are cancellations.

Thank you for your patience during this entire process and, as always, thanks for your tremendous support of The Twilight Saga!

Team Twilight (aka Summit Entertainment)

Comments

1. Thanks Summit!!!!!! That’s wonderfull news!!!!!!!!!!! I’m so happy and wishing to be selected!!!!! =)

2. Just come on with the E mail it’s Been a week now
    I live in LA and I am ready to camp out

3. Good news! Thank you! :)

4. Thanks Summit, that is great news!! we are all so excited!!

5. Check your email… I just got my Fan Camp confirmation!!!

6. I soooo wish I could go!!! I live in Chicago :(

7. thanks Summit! * hopes to get email soon*

8. Does anyone know what groups are lucky enough to get into the red carpet? Like I know group 1 and 2 will get in but what about group 3-5?

• Waitlisted says:

If you got in a group you are lucky.

• I think around 600 people will be on the red carpet basing off of last year so if each group consists of about 300 or so then only groups 1&2 will have red carpet access and the rest of the groups will be on bleachers. Perhaps some of group 3 might be place ass well on the red carpet, if people from groups 1 and 2 aren’t able to make it, which is most likely to happen as it did in hunger games registration

• But, since the drawing was random and not based on people camping for position do you think they might have to do it differently? They are the ones who selected who was in each group randomly.

9. Waitlisted says:

Got my sorry to inform you letter and re-assurance that I can still watch the movie when it gets released in theatres. It is good that they made a wait list, but this was a very sad night. Summit announced all this stuff way to late for people to have planned properly. We all knew nothing was certain when planning from the beginning, but knowing I’m not getting in before I even get to L.A. is depressing.

10. I got in with Group 1!!!! was not expecting that AT ALL!!!!!

11. Twilight lexicon, can you please advise me on what to do about making handicap accessible arrangements now that I’ve received my invitation?

12. lexicon, can you please advise me on what to do about making handicap accessible arrangements now that I’ve received my invitation?

13. Waitlisted says:

I hope Summit is really trying hard to open up another area and expand for those on the waitlist.

• Malinda sims says:

Well I got waitlisted to. I live in LA now and have been to LA LIVE just recently. Its big enough to hold about 2000 people and the area around it is pretty big. I am really upser with summit. I took off work and I can get.back on the schedule. I don’t get paid either. But to know I still can get on the action of I go to one of its marathon which I have tickets for at the.

• Waitlisted says:

I’m not from L.A., and have work off and non-refundable tickets booked. I’ll be there trying to get a spot no matter what, though we’re going to make a plan B with other things to do in case they don’t let more people in of course. This has just thrown things so off track. After planning for a year, instead of being excited about going we’re all awkwardly scrambling to make other plans and feeling icky about the whole thing.
        I don’t know if there is anything that can be done at this point to convince Summit how important it is that they respect the fans and try to open up more space. I never do things like this and my family made sacrifices for me to be able to go. Sounds silly but that is what life is about sometimes, doing the things that make you happy regardless of practicality, following your passion. Not very happy right now.

• JaimeOCTwiMom says:

The buzz on twitter is there were people posting who got chosen but never intended on going… my question as it was before the drawing was how they plan to accomodate a wait list? I highly doubt these rude people will bother ‘contacting Summit’ to tell them they aren’t going…. so then what? They are going to call people on the 8th? I doubt that… they will HAVE to take people on the side if they want to fill up the fan camp.
          I’d also love to know how Summit will handle those who did get picked and are asking for special treatment b/c “I can’t get there until the 10th, or the 11th” is what i’ve read? Why give ANY special treatment.. they laid out rules and should stick to them period.

• I believe that you are referring to me when asking about arriving on the 10th or 11th. For the record, I had to shell out the additional $150 for my airfare, use the rest of my vacation, and work with my group to get a rental car and another hotel so that I could be there on 11/7. Also, I booked this trip WAY before they ever announced how they would be doing it this year. No one got any special treatment… instead I just shelled out an additonal $400 on top of the $1000 I already spent.

• JaimeOCTwiMom says:

won’t let me reply to “Erin” but I don’t know you so can’t say I am specifically referring to you.. ;-) I read it on multiple sites from many different people (don’t recall names)… I understand you made arrangements in advance… alot of us did actually… my point is if Summit wanted to lay out all these rules, then it would only be fair they stick to them. Most of us all work and have families but its a sacrifice we make, our choice. :-)

14. It wasn’t a random drawing at all! All members of Lexicon, Twibetween, Twi moms and a few other pages ALL got in. If it was random some of them wouldnt. It was rigged from the start and places were given to people who registered but had none,and still dont, intend to go! Overseas fans were screwed! None of my aussie friends got in and like me (from germany) we have had our plane tickets and hotel booked since Feb. Preference was given to usa fans and it shouldnt have been, usa fans can meet these guys at any time for us international this wad our only chance now we have an expensive trip to la to do nothing!!!! Whats worse is the Twilight convention which should have massive lineup has one cullen attending. 1cullen is not good enough fir the fial convention its fine if ur a wolfpack fan but if u arnt like my group uve spent alot of money for a bad convention lineup. This just proves Lionsgate is a greedy company that doesnt cate about Twilight fans. Summit habdled Tent city, the press tour and the convention much better. Lionsgate dont care about the fans at all…which is clearly proven by the mediocre line up of convention stars that we have all met before and by giving preferential trestment to groups and usa citizens. If it was really random I could understand the need for the draw but it wasnt it was biast from the start and that is unfair to fans that have paid thousands to get to usa for this and then arnt even given a fair chance…ur leaving a sour taste in alot of fans mouth with this injustice Lionsgate dont be surprised when ur movies start losing profits because disgruntled Twilight fans start boycotting them!

• Twilight_News says:

I’m going to say this bluntly. You’re wrong, and you’re defaming this website and others with utterly no facts to support it. There isn’t a SINGLE staff member from Twilight Lexicon who applied to the fan camp. So your assertion that Lexicon Members got in is wrong. Secondly over 75,000 people visit this site every day. Odds being what they are some got in and some didn’t but it has nothing to do with visiting this site. Summit/Lionsgate NEVER asked us for any names of people to give special treatment to. Additionally, I know of three people we tweet with regularly who didn’t get in OhMyCarlisle (who also blogs for His Golden Eyes) Mama_Cougar, and Rocar…if we were supposedly getting our members special treatment, than obviously were doing it wrong. You may be angry, you have a right to your emotions, but you don’t have a right to spread vicious lies.

• We are all mature adults I assume, so no need to state untrue facts until you have concrete evidence of what you will be put out in the world wide wed. Twilightmoms does not get any special treatment. We sign up just like the rest of the fandom does. We follow rules just like everyone does.

Again know your facts before posting something so direct.

I am a veteran member of Twilightmoms and my name is on the wait list also.

• You are ABSOLUTELY WRONG. I am a TwilightMom and we are as huge group as we were last year. We broke our registrations down by hotel room and 6 of our rooms DID NOT GET PICKED. WE WERE PUT ON THE WAIT LIST JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER WAIT LIST PERSON.

CHECK YOU FACTS BEFORE YOU PUBLICLY MAKE A FOOL OF YOURSELF!

• P.S. For the record, Registration opened up at 2:00 pm my time and by 2:07 pm my time, I had finished the registration for the five people in my room, so be glad that it was not done on a first come, first served basis because your odds would have been lower.

• JaimeOCTwiMom says:

I can’t speak for the “official groups” so I don’t know how things happened… but it sounds as though many didn’t get in.. Seems though that alot of the groups chosen in 1 and 2 were from out of state/country… most of the California folks I know were in Groups 4 and 5.
      And I don’t agree with giving special treatment just because of where you live…
      I just think the whole lottery thing was a bad idea the way it was handled period.

• Sarah, you are misinformed, we are on the waiting list (we are from Argentina), but many bloggers from Mexico, Brazil and Venezuela, (webs frequently visited) that are in the same situation waiting list, but we also have two friends from Costa Rica who are in field 1 and know several friends of California in group 5.

I know I should be upset, we have a non-refundable air tickets, but we are still hoping for a miracle.

• I’m from Canada, got lucky with my friends to be chosen. I was there too last year.

15. Malinda sims says:

I am so mad. Hey twilight lexicon can u figure out if we show up and people don’t confirm they are not going do we as waitlisted have a decent chance of going. I live in LA now. I would like as much information as I can get

16. I have a question about fan camp if someone from my group works can they go to work and come back? Im so confuse! Please help me!

• I believe so, last year me and my best friend went and camped out. I’m from Canada and she’s from LA. I stayed the whole time and she went to work. As long as you wear your wristband till the premiere, your friends will be fine. Unless Lionsgate/summit will be strict this time. I got lucky to be chosen again this year. Last year i was in the front row but this time i believe i will be standing back row or bleachers. It’s totally fine than nothing. Saw them so many times already. Just want to be there to experience the last Twilight premiere.

• Thank you!! :) awwwwh yay!

• Last year’s rules did not specifically state that fans had to camp the whole time. This year, the rules clearly spell out that you MUST camp. This was a problem last year because people got their wristbands and left – didn’t camp the whole time. This is unfair to those willing to commit and spend the time camping. There are waitlisted people who would be thrilled to camp the entire time. If you’re planning to get a wristband and leave, I’d be careful this year.

From the http://www.bd2premiere.com website (under Phase 4 Fan Camp Check-in – Rules of Conduct):

• JaimeOCTwiMom says:

I agree with you Megan however, last year I got married that weekend so I believe I had a good excuse to leave and come back.. wasn’t because I didn’t want to be there, but I had my rehearsal and dinner Friday night and got married on Saturday.. I came back the very next day…
            I wish I could post pictures.. I incorporated Twilight into my wedding…

as far as this year goes, i’m fully available to camp every day even though the premiere falls on my one year anniversary! LOL My husband is a good sport though.. :-)

• Its okay!! :) my group member got all her days off for camping!! :D she didnt want to risk her spot! :)

17. So I get this Fantastic email that says “I’m in Group 1″ but my email has decided to block the attachment because it thinks it is not safe. Has anyone else had this problem?

18. Melissa R says:

Yes the email is the ticket so make sure you print it and bring it along with I.d. If you registered with an address that’s new for you and you haven’t updated your I.d since the move – make sure to get an updated I.d because when you check in they have to match. Honestly no clue if they’ll randomize the numbers or if it will be chronologically. I was definitely fortunate enough to get in this year after having attended two other premieres. Security was pretty lax last year with letting people go in and out, but for all we know it could be a different ball game this year. If you know anyone that got in but is not able to go, please remind them to contact Summit as soon as humanly possible to let them know they’re giving up their spot! I know it’s not likely to happen for so many (giving up a spot that is), but those on the wait list are waiting on baited breath as much as we all were that were fortunate enough to receive that congratulations email. I truly hope to see many there, and meet many new people, especially since about half of my friends got in and half didn’t. Camp Denali’s coming back!

• We just moved and I can’t remember if I put our current address or old address for my husband. Mine is correct but I can’t rembember what I put for him since he hasn’t changed his license. Would they really turn him away?

• Melissa R says:

Kate, you can always try emailing them and asking to confirm what address you put down. Then if you need to change it, I’m sure they’d allow it.

• Aleisha Steptoe says:

Congrats Melissa;-)!!!

19. Angel Mitchell says:

Can anyone tell me if emails are still going out? I did recieve a confirmation that our registration went through, but as of today have not recieved either an invitation or instructions for getting on a waiting list. I know it says be patient, just curious what everyone else is experiencing.

20. I am so bummed too, my group of 7 got wait listed too! I went last year with my mom and best friend and was VERY thankful to be in the disabled section, I am disabled. But my Doctor would not let me actually camp cause I was too sick too. So I REALY Wanted to experience the whole “Fan Camp” this year, I have been feeling a little better and begged my Doc to give the ok, he did! But did not matter cause we did not get in! I saw that there was no where on Registration to mark disabled anyway. I am just PRAYING for a miracle to happen for us wait listers. :-/ congrats though to you ladies who got in!! Have fun and PLEASE post pics! :-) @Angel: check your spam and have your other people in your group check their emails and spam as well, (if u have a group). I heard some emails went into people’s spam and ALL of my group got the out wait list email at the same time, good luck!

21. Angel Mitchell says:

Oh my gosh! Thank you so much. I checked my spam and an invitation was there. No more waiting!!!!!

• Woohoo!! I am so happy for you Angel!! Congrats! Now you don’t have to check hour E-mail like every 5 seconds and be on pins and needles! Lol that’s what I did! Haha Now that I got Wait Listed, I am back to checking my email and spam to see if by some miracle they choose my group for a replacement. Lol I can only hope… Have fun!! :-)

22. I’m wondering what Summit is going to do with all of the folks who are wait listed? I know several hundred people are going to show up anyway (because they have non refundable plane tickets).

23. There seems to be some serious debate about CAMPING BEING MANDATORY for those who receive a wrist band. I have seen SEVERAL posts and comments via facebook and twitter of people who got chosen, only going to check in and get their wrist bands then running off to their every day lives only to come back on the day of the premiere.

I know that last year upon registration when we were given our wrist bands we were told we ABSOLUTELY HAD TO CAMP and were only allowed to leave tent city for 2 hours at a time. That is not written anywhere and there are a lot of people are willing to abide by these rules for the opportunity to attend where others are not.

WILL SOMEONE AT SUMMIT PLEASE CLARIFY THIS. I’M SURE THERE WILL BE MORE CANCELLATIONS WHEN PEOPLE REALIZE THAT CAMPING IS A MUST AND WILL BE ENFORCED.

• Twilight_News says:

They told us it will be enforced

• I hope so, because it saddens me that so many people are publicly saying how they only plan to show up and get their bands because they have to work. I feel for you and your job, but I had to take all of my remaining vacation days to attend if chosen. If you can’t be there like you are supposed to be then you should give up your spot for someone who’s dedication to the Saga will allow them to follow the rules.

• What’s unfortunate is that we were told at tent city check-in last year that everyone had to camp…but it wasn’t enforced. There was a group of four people in front of us who got their wristbands, left and didn’t reappear until 2:00pm on Monday when we had to line up. We complained to security and nothing was done. Hopefully, there will be something in place this year to prevent this abuse.

This year it IS in the BD2 Fan Camp rules that camping is mandatory. —-> 1.Once given their wristband, guests must enter the Fan Camp and must camp. Fans are not permitted to take the wristband and return at a later time/date. This wasn’t part of the written rules for BD1 tent city.

I agree, Lisa, unless you are able to commit 100% of the time to camping then you shouldn’t be attending. If you have to go to school, work, events (birthday, reunion, anniversary, party, wedding), etc. from 11/8 when you check in to camp through Sunday/Monday when the campers are dismissed for carpet set-up, YOU SHOULDN’T BE TAKING UP A SPOT.

I really hope those who get a wristband then leave for extended periods of time are unpleasantly surprised when security cuts off their wristband for not following the rules. THAT willl send a message. Posting rules and then not enforcing them does not.

24. For those who are confirmed on the waitlist, and WANT to camp, when will Summit be releasing further information.

25. Malinda sims says:

What is fair? I heard someone say they will go to work. I hope people will give other a chance to go. Im losing out on time and money because I really wanted to go. I hope summit will let people in if no one shows up to claim their spot. I think that should have a stand by spot for people who are on the wait list.

26. Please pray for our group we are all traveling from afar me From Honduras and the rest from Mexico, we are on Wait List for Tent City, we have our airplane tickets, our Hotels pay, we are just … waiting so yeah just send good vibes our way that we get a spot for Premiere :(

• JaimeOCTwiMom says:

sending good vibes your way Laury! I feel for you! Even those who aren’t that far are still in the same boat… many ‘can’ be there on time and still got turned away… its very unfortunate it was handled this way this year and I really do hope they are a ‘man of their word’ so to speak and STICK to their rules… because only THEN will it actually be a fair deal.

27. Malinda sims says:

I wish summit could see all these people whoo are saying they golng to leavd and come back. I really wanted to this I planned for a whole year. I was making sacrifices with no pay for a week meaning I would do anything to go. I am a sad fan now.

• JaimeOCTwiMom says:

I hear ya Malinda… let’s just hope Summit opens up more spots… they’d be dumb if they didn’t considering all the people who posted on Twitter that they won but have no intention on going… So with that said, they should open up more spots and overbook just as hotels do… there are ALWAYS “no shows”….
      And let’s just hope Summit sticks to their “rules”… if they do… then those who do show up a day later etc may still have a chance to get in as well…. again, its the only way I see to make it truly “FAIR”.

• Agreed! I think that if people who were picked don’t show up by the end of the check in time, or a time pre-determined by Lionsgate, then their spot(s) are gone and it goes to the waitlisted people/stand by people.

28. I’m beginning to get upset with all of you guys complaining and complaining about not being able to get in, some of u I am sure had already gotten the chance to go to the past ones and it just seems to me that u guys are just gushing the fun out of this whole experience for the ones who did make it. Just take a chill pill and relax let it goooooo … If summit did it as a lottery that’s just what it is. Stop making the whole process so horrible! I am sorry that you guys didn’t make it I truly am but quit trying to change things around!!

• To Annoyed says:

I think you are truly selfish for saying such a thing annoyed. People have never been told they could not attend a premiere before. So don’t tell people how to feel, last year many people complained,but they still got in. If you do not want to read about people complaining,then stay off the internet. This is the last Premiere, and we all wanted a chance to be there.

• Why is it selfish? It’s like if someone won the state lottery and people constantly came up to them telling them they didn’t deserve it. That’s not fair to those who won. If this is such a fandom, then we should all be happy for one another. If I didn’t get it, I would’ve been bummed but wouldn’t be sitting here trying to pin blame on Summit or Lionsgate. It wasn’t your lucky day, okay… keep it moving. I think it’s selfish to try to take the joy out of it for those who did win just because you did not. We each had just as much time and money invested as anyone else. There’s no need for negativity over it.

• I think those who won, congrats… but no need to bash on those who are waitlisted or complaining of the process… most of us have been against this process before it started so I agree with To Annoyed… stay off of here if you have an issue with people being upset because nobody is picking on you specifically or mad that you won and they didn’t.

• waitlisted says:

I think a lot of people were not happy about the whole random draw thing and changing the way things were dine before not getting chosen. I’m happy for thoge who got in, I just don’t accept that I can’t now. Given that my trip is booked and I’ve been planning for a year. I think they should expand the camp space and get another theater going and get everyone in.

• That’s right, i mean before registering ppl were aware about the rules that it was a lottery.

29. Malinda sims says:

Well annoyed I have never been to one and I’ve made a lot of plans that were basically down the drains now and to here people saying the are coming days later or going to work is a slap to fans like me who would do anything to be on there place. So yes I’m complaining.

30. For the record, no one has said they are coming days later or that they are going to work during the camp. The post about someone going to work was about someone who did it last year. Other than mine, I havent seen anyone ask about coming in days later… and that is because I had a lot of plans that I had to change and more money I had to put out.. which I did. If someone did have extenuating circumstances, like not being able to afford an additional $400 for flight and hotel, what business is that of yours? Let it be.

I am really sorry you were wait listed, I can imagine how you feel. But, that is no reason to be mad at someone you have never met because they were chosen in a lottery. This is my dream vacation, and I happen to be lucky enough to get picked… but if you won, I know that I wouldn’t go around being angry about it. That’s just putting bad energy into the world.

31. Malinda sims says:

So I just.received a email from the wait list. I was told we will be notify by email in the order of the original drawing from last week. Ok I want to now how they will notify people on the 8th when people don’t show . It was pretty vague to me. Have any one else heard back from them that is on the waiting list like me.

32. Malinda sims says:

So I just received a email from the wait list. I was told we will be notify by email in the order of the original drawing from last week. Ok I want to now how they will notify people on the 8th when people don’t show . It was pretty vague to me. Have any one else heard back from them that is on the waiting list like me.

• Malnda, what does your email say??

Mine says only: You have been added to the wait list, and that´s all.

Is there any more info in yours?

Mine doesn´t say anything about being notified in the future…

Oh my!! … I´m more worried now.

Does anyone know (not accurate) but really, how much people is trying to go??

I mean, there´s already 1500 selected, but how many are left?

33. Malinda sims says:

So since I’m going to be off I guess I’ll camp across the street who’s with me.

• I’m with you!! One way or another I have to be there and see Rob.

By the way Malinda, you have to check your spam section or check the post that Lexicon has done about the waiting list, because you should get your notification.

• Malinda sims says:

So Jimena when are we meeting up I live in LA not far from la live. My email just say how they picking people from the wait list if you give me your email O will forward it. I sent my wait list on Friday but didn’t get a reply that I’m on the waiting list. So I’m going to email them again. Mine was from Paul how about you.

• Malinda sims says:

So Jimena when are we meeting up I livve in LA not far from la live. My email just say how they picking people from the wait list if you give me your email i. Will forward it. I sent my wait list on Friday but didn’t get a reply that I’m on the waiting list. So I’m going to email them again. Mine was from Paul how about you.

• Mine’s from Jenifer, but never got that info, on how they’re picking people… How are they doing it??
          Have you checked your spam section?? And have you tweeted Jack Morrisey??? Lexicon says he’s the one how can confirm it.

And… Since I’m not as lucky as you are, I live in Mexico City, I’m getting to LA on the 7th, so I don’t know when we can meet.

My fan email is: jim_loves_twilight_a_lot@hotmail.com or my regular one: jimena31_90@hotmail.com

• Malinda sims says:

I received my waitlist info yesterday. I sent you info on how they picking people from the wait list. Also the camping is over Monday morning of the 12th. So I guess we still can be thee for the premier.

• Malinda sims says:

I received my waitlist info yesterday. I sent you info on how they picking people from the wait list. Also the camping is over Monday morning of the 12th. So I guess we still can be there for the premier.

34. I have a question to anyone that went last year. I know that they are saying the camping is manditory, that being said how does everyone in the fan camp handle getting their phones/laptops/ereaders charged and do most campers have hotels on the side so that they can shower and leave their stuff there?

Any info would be great.

Thanks

• Melissa R says:

There is a Starbucks on the LA Live property which if you purchase something you can use their outlets. I brought my own power strip so people could share the outlet. They usually do give a window in which you can be gone during. The first year I stayed with a local to the area and her parents helped out with bringing things/charging items. Last year I had a hotel that’s a short walk away. We’re actually staying with the same hotel this year. Usually we took shifts to go shower/go charge things…and taking shifts if a phone needs a longer charge, you can leave it with the next person or couple of people. Quick bathroom trips – there is a garage that is across from the Nokia that has public restrooms. Last year they did turn off the outlets in there though.

• Melissa,

Thanks so much for the information. My sister is the other person I am with in my group and her hubby is being a pain in the rear about wanting those questions answered. If you don’t mind my asking, do you have the name of the hotel?

• Of course I don’t mind! It’s the Ritz Milner. It’s about a half mile-ish away. If you look at reviews, there are a few that aren’t great…but we had no problems with them at all! It was a bit cheaper on our budgets too as those of us that went last year were all in college plus working.

35. All I have to say is for those of u who are camping out for the premiere…CONGRATZ!!! You all are VERY LUCKY!!! I have never had the chance to do this. I live too far(Chicago,IL) and I am currently unemployed. The other years it just didn’t seem possible for me to do it. I’m sorry to those who weren’t picked. Things happen for a reason. I think the “raffle pick” was a GREAT idea!! To those who are camping out…take LOTS of pics and share with us your adventure! You all are AWESOME!!! If any of you want to follow me on twitter and I will follow you back that would be great! Follow me @MitzLove and my Facebook is Facebook.com/Mari85 I would LOVE to see pics and anything any of you lucky ducks have to share! HAVE FUN!!!! ;D

36. For those of you who have been before, what should I wear; both during the week camping and the night of the big red carpet event?

• Kate, during camping I suggest you wear something warm because it most likely will be cold, so something warm but nice because remember stars do show up during camping and you have the opportunity to take pics with them as well as many tv interviews for the twi fans :). As for the night of the red carpet event I suggest you wear something nice but comfortable, because you will be standing for a very long time, so no heels, no dresses…most people wear twilight t shirts with jeans and sneakers so I would recommend you wear that or a nice shirt and some jeans :) but don’t forget the sweater ! :)

• Genesis!! Thank you so much! Can you give us any other pointers? Any advice on what we should/shouldn’t bring?

• Ofcoarse! I recommend you bring a air matress more than anything lol, or any other sort of matress because the floor is extreamly uncomfortable even with your sleeping bag, my back hurt when waking up every morning. I suggest you bring chairs as well, to sit down, and eat, I don’t really recommend you bring any sort of entertainment, such as games, or ect.. My friend thought we would get a bit bored so she brought tons of game boards, cards and gamestsystems and we never used them at all because you get very entertained all throughout camp, so it was just a waste of space.
          If you have any other specific questions or concerns feel free to ask me ! :)

• What about food? Did you guys bring snacks or were there places in walking distance? Any tips on parking?

• Erin, when we go we take a couple of snacks such as chips, cookies and water, walking distance there is a starbucks and a couple fancy restaurants, then 2 blocks away there is a ralphs and 2 blocks on the opposite side is a gasoline station where inside is a subway and a mini mart. Last year we did not waste much money on food my friends and I literally spent about $15 on food the entire camp out, because summit would surprise us with snacks and food almost everyday, yahoo gave us a couple of starbucks gift cards, starbucks gave us hot chocolates, and other stars and directors would bring us food as well. So I suggest you not bring too much food, or worry because of all the free food we received last year, but then again we can’t be too sure about our luck with free food this camp out.
          When it comes to parking most people parked in the LA LIVE structure, its pretty safe and you can park for 24 hours, the price is about 13-15$ a day but I’m not too sure about the price.

• Thank you so much!! You have been so helpful!!!!

• My grandaughter got an invitation for us for fan camp .
            Can I get information on how it is done ?
            we will be flying in from New Mexico ,what do we do with the car ,where to keep things ,and where do you put your tent when it is time for the red carpet. never have done this before .Thanks !

• Nani, I suggest you park your car at the LA live parking structure, very safe and close to tent city, they usually let us pack up our stuff and tent Sunday night or Monday morning your choice, I suggest you put your stuff and tent in your car.

• You’re welcome ! See you there :)

37. Malinda sims says:

So on the 12th will the premier be open to the public.

38. Malinda sims says:

I am happy just got off wait list I’m in group 6. I don’t know where it is and it could be on the roof of the staple center but I’m there. Yay!!!!!

• it’s ok, i’m in group 5. The most important thing you’e in. I was there last yr in the front row spot. It was awesome experienced.

39. So, I have a question to all that are going to Fan Camp, I was suppose to be going with my sister and we were going to split the cost of a hotel room, and now it looks like she will be unable to attend. So, is there anyone willing to add me to their group to split hotel cost or is there anyone that needs to split a room with someone. I am willing to give references and I work in a casino so I have already had a background check with fingerprints done. I really need some help. I have my plane ticket, but have yet to find a decent room rate for just one person.

If you want you can contact me at my email blkjklady21@gmail.com

Thanks!!!!

• Hey Dawn,
      Did you find anyone to split the hotel costs with? Do you know about how much it would be to split a hotel between two people?

40. Gold Mouth says:

My buddy J L H is a hardcore twilight freak!! She made it too group numero tres! I mean she even slept with her ortho. Safe travels twilight fans!!!!!!!

41. If one of our group members cant make it will it effect our group?

42. My, tent has 8 x 8.5… Do you think i will have problems with that?

• Gabriela, last year summit wasn’t giving people a hard time with bringing over sized tents, as long as you had a good amount of people in the “big tents” so I really don’t think you will have a problem, although lionsgate taking over this year and has made everything extreamly different, so you can’t really be certain about it, but I honestly don’t think you will. Also earlier this year I went to the hunger games premiere which is from lionsgate and took a way bigger sized tent than it said and I had no problems.

43. one of the people i am going with has a broken knee and i know summit put in their faq’s that if you have a medical reason to not be at tent city they can accommodate, us…..do you think they will let the injured person sleep in the car?

44. Hey everyone,
    I’m super excited to be attending the premiere. I am in group 6. I honestly didn’t think I would get picked at all, but I’m so excited. I have all my bags packed and I’m ready to go. My fligt leaves from Sacramento early Thursday morning as my check in time Isint until 5pm. I’m going solo due to none of my friends able to get the time off of work. But I’m wondering, is there anyone else that’s going solo, that could possibly befriend with during the fan camp? Or even another group that I could stick with. I’m super super excited, yet scared that I’ll be all alone :(
    Is there anyone out there in my predicament as well?

• Hi devonna I’m also in group six. I’m going by myself so we can hang out if you want to. I have met people online that’s in the same group so we will have fun. Yay three more days. See you at 5pm.

• Hi Devonna, I’m also in group six. I’m going by myself so we can hang out if you want to. I have met people online that’s in the same group so we will have fun. Yay three more days. See you at 5pm.

• Hi Devonna, I’m also in group six. I’m going by myself so we can hang out if you want to. I have met people online that’s in the same group so we will have fun. Three more days. See you at 5pm.

• Hey Malina. That would be awesome. I feel a lot better now know there will be other people going solo as well. If anyone else is going solo or if there’s a group out there that wants to hang out during fancamp here my email address
        geminigurldevonna88@yahoo.com :)

45. Hey everyone,
    I’m super excited to be attending the premiere. I am in group 6. I honestly didn’t think I would get picked at all, but I’m so excited. I have all my bags packed and I’m ready to go. My fligt leaves from Sacramento early Thursday morning as my check in time Isint until 5pm. I’m going solo due to none of my friends able to get the time off of work. But I’m wondering, is there anyone else that’s going solo, that could possibly befriend with during the fan camp? Or even another group that I could stick with. I’m super super excited, yet scared that I’ll be all alone.
    Is there anyone out there in my predicament as well?

• Melissa R says:

Trust me, there will be so many people there that you will find someone to chill with! And if you’d like to come up to our camp, our tent actually has a bunch of stuff on it, with the main part being Camp Denali right over our entrance! We’re up in 3, but everyone is welcome to visit and we can’t wait to see everyone!

46. Thank you so much that would be great!