Breaking Dawn DVD Coupon Offer & Pending Release Parties

Over at the Official Breaking Dawn movie website they are starting to enter info about the pending DVD release. You can see that they are planning on release parties, but no info yet on locations.

Remember, they have a DVD coupon offer (US residents) listed.

Step 1
Take a picture of your The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 1 movie ticket stub with your mobile phone.
To ensure proper validation, please click here for tips on taking a picture of your movie ticket stub.
Step 2
Text or email the image to bd@drvsusa.com. Standard text message rates apply.
Step 3
Once your submission has been validated, you will receive a text message or email with a code and a website address. Standard text message rates apply.
Step 4
Using your browser, go to the website address contained in your text message or email, enter the code you received, choose Blu-ray® or DVD, and fill out the required information.
Step 5
Your certificate for $5.00 off of The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 1 Blu-ray® or $3.00 off the DVD will be mailed to your address.
Limited to one valid movie ticket submission. Maximum three tries to submit image. Codes Expire 4/30/12 at 11:59:59 PM PST. Valid in the US only. Not valid in Puerto Rico. Reward certificates expire 5/31/12 at 11:59:59 PM PST. While supplies last.

See the original here.

They are also working on a portal that lists the retailers and takes you right to their preorder screens (Note Target is not listed yet and they have the DVD version that includes movie flowers.)

From what we can tell, and we will update if this changes, the content on the DVD will be the same, but the packaging extras is where the differences lie. So far the two retailers with packaging specialties are Walmart and Target. Check out yesterday’s post to see what those extras are.

Comments

1. smitten_by_twilight says:

Gonna be scavenging in my purse for that ticket stub ….

• Danielle Avent says:

Me too…lmbo.

• Heather Eaton McIntyre says:

I live in a small town where they don’t have ticket stubs :( I’ve seen it twice, how could I do this and get credit? Probably no way to do it. Small town theatres suck!!!!

• Emily Bacian says:

I just texted my ticket stub and recieved a reply saying “sorry this promotion has ended”. I re-read the rules and the only expiration dates seemed to be for the actual coupon codes which indicated 4/30 and 5/31. I am very disappointed. Does anyone know what’s going on with this?

• Emily Bacian says:

• I sent my texts weeks ago & never got a response. I just tried again & got the promo has ended. So considering I sent my pic back in January & didn’t get a reply don’t be disappointed. It wasn’t worth it after all.

• The confirmations I received says the promotion has ended. How is this possible if we sent it soon after this post?

2. I did this and it didn’t take long at all to get it back! I love coupons!!

3. ERIKA BRADLEY says:

I PURCHASED MY TICKET ONLINE THROUGH FANDANGO AND SO I TOOK A PIC WITH MY PHONE FROM MY LAPTOP (MAKING SURE TO GET ALL THE BAR CODES AND SERIAL NUMBERS ON THE TICKET) AND I RECEIVED MY TEXT BACK THE NEXT MORNING SAYING IT WAS APPROVED! I GOT MY COUPON AS WELL, SO YOU CAN DEFINITELY USE ONLINE TICKETS IF YOU DO IT RIGHT!!

• Yeah a fandango stub should have all the info on it that’s required as long as everything is readable on it.. I don’t see why they wouldn’t take it.

4. Just sent mine in… we shall see if I get it!

5. From what I remember, my theater took the whole ticket and instead of giving us back a stub, we got a plain, colored bracelet to determine which screen we’d see it on (this was for the midnight showing). Kind of stinks I can’t get a coupon because of the way my local theater does business. Oh well.

6. Oh sh*t where did I put that movie stub?! Lol!

7. i have this tackboard where i put all my “good times” items and i pinned my midnight premiere ticket stub to it when i came home…. hahaha i guess i was lucky

8. I wonder if it’ll work for someone like me who doesn’t have a fancy phone to take a pic & email that way. I’m going to try it anyway.

9. Done! The text said it could take up to 48 hours, but it took 3 minutes. Awesome.

10. Probably giving coupons because of how bad the movie was…. they are worried about the sales.

• I know, I know. They’ve made more than half a billion dollars on it worldwide so far. They must be hurting for money. (insert eyeroll here)

11. Just sent mine in waiting for it to get approved :)

12. Has anyone gotten their coupons in the mail yet?

• Yeah I was wondering the same. Has anyone got there coupon in the mail? I have yet to recieved mine. I wonder when they r going to start senting them out? The movie comes out in two Weeks on DVD

13. I received mine today!

14. Promo ended? Where does it list an end date???

15. Me and my daughters love these movies, can’t wait to watch part 2. I wish it wasn’t the last one!