William Hurt In Talks For The Host

EW is reporting that William Hurt is in talks to play Jeb in the upcoming film adaptation of The Host.  Jeb is Melanie’s eccentric uncle who has such quotable lines as “My house, my rules.”  Hurt is known for his work in such films as Tuck Everlasting, Children of a Lesser God, and Kiss of the Spider Woman for which he won an Academy Award.  Hurt would join Jake Able,  Max Irons, and  Saoirse Ronan in the film which is set to be released March 29, 2013.

We want to know from you.  How do you feel about William Hurt as Jeb?  Leave us a comment with your thoughts!

Read more at ComingSoon.net

Comments

1. Lorraine Dunn says:

William Hurt will be an excellent Jeb. He has the age and the anxious authority.

2. What a great actor ! Very happy with this.

3. Michael G says:

Excellent choice. His reputation and body of work gives gravitas to the film.

4. Wow… finally ONE good choice. Unfortunately one good actor doesn’t make me interested in seeing this. I may have been excited at first, but after casting Saroise I lost interest. Too bad too, this is an incredible story.

5. April Dieckman says:

He would be perfect for the role. So far I haven’t been impressed with the other choices, but if Stephenie gives them her praise then I guess well just have to wait and see.

6. Christina says:

I never read the Host and don’t think I ever will. I feel that this makes me only a mediocre Stephenie Meyer fan. :/

7. I’ve always liked Hurt as an actor,so I think it will be awesome to see him in this movie. Which I’m happy to hear that they are making the Host into a movie,it will prove to all the twilight/Stephanie Meyer haters that she really is brilliant. And as much as it saddens me,there is life after twilight!

8. I’ve always liked Hurt as an actor,so I think it will be awesome to see him in this movie. will prove to all the twilight/Stephanie Meyer haters that she really brilliant. And as much as it saddens me,there is life after twilight!

9. When I pictured Jeb I pictured him just a little older but now that I see this picture I can DEFINITLY see it.

10. He’s not as old as I pictured but they can fix that. I’m just excited for more Host news.

11. Seems perfect for the job! He actually really resembles the Jeb that I had imagined, but the one in my head was probably a little fatter. Anyway, I’m just happy that this news means that FINALLY, we’re getting some progress for the movie! I hope it comes out in 2012!

12. March 29 release date? Did it get moved from March 23rd?

13. Oh Yeah!! I hope he gets cast! I thought he was great in Altered States and Children of a Lesser God. He’d be a fantastic addition. Best of all for me is the casting of Saiorse Ronan in the lead, who I feel is one of the best young actresses out there today. I guess I’ll have to re-read The Host soon.

14. I think he would be great!!!!

15. Kessehu James says:

Hmm… He was good in past movies if I can recall that far back. I’m interest for this film has waned a lot over the news of this film. I will just sit back quietly and wait for the movie to redeem its self if it can.

16. Jennifer Hamlin says:

Not whom I pictured at all. However, with the right makeup, I am sure he would do a great job!

1. […] ComingSoon.net via Twilight Lexicon traduction: Fantastique World Blog Share this:ShareEmailTwitterFacebookJ'aimeJ'aime  […]