Let’s Rock The MTV Movie Award Vote!

Two words folks—SPLIT VOTE!

Twilight is competing against itself in two categories: Best Kiss and Best Male Performance. We need to vote and vote daily or another category **coughTheBlackSwancough** could take away the Best Kiss. Seriously, was any other nominated kiss ( no matter how unique ) hotter than either Twilight kiss between Kristen Stewart and Taylor Lautner/Robert Pattinson?

An underdog **sputterThe SocialNetworksputter** or franchise film **wrackingdeepcoughHarryPotterwrackingdeepcough** could zap away Twilight’s chances! We were locked out on the final memorable line category for likely these reasons, so let’s make sure this doesn’t happen again!

Next words—The Pia Toscano and James Durbin effect!

Ok American Idol fans, you know what I’m talking about. There were two HUGE early exits on AI this year that were very likely caused because people assumed that their favorites were safe and didn’t vote. Let’s not assume that Twilight will take it all. We need to get in there especially for Xavier Samuel in Best Breakout Role, because he has no other shot at this!

VOTE PEOPLE AND VOTE DAILY! That MTV Golden Popcorn trophy is lonely, and needs friends in the trophy case. The Hurt Lock Oscar that it is sitting next to is nice, but it needs some friends that are its own style!

Comments

1. Is there any way to check on how the voting is going? I have voted faithfully every day!!

2. i love twilight amo crepusculo

3. I’ve been voting daily! This is my favorite awards show and Twilight needs to dominate again! The only thing is…I’m leaving Twilight (for this one time) on Best Breakout Star because Jesse Eisenberg is apparently presenting the award, which means Andrew Garfield NEEDS to win. I love my Jewnicorns<3 Other than that, I'm voting Team Edward :P I hope the split vote doesn't affect this…it never has before…(for MTV anyway).

4. For those interested – Kristen is also up for The Best Female performance.

5. Anonymous says:

Rumor is… the Harry/Hermione kiss is in the lead. Those dang Harry Potter shippers have years on us Twihards..LOL And for sure the Ron/Hermione kiss will win next year. People have been waiting years for that kiss!..lol

6. Kathryn says:

You know, as much as I love the Twilight series I don’t think the movies are all that great. Especially compared with some of the movies that they’re up against for the MTV awards. I mean, when it really comes down to it Inception and Black Swan were much better than Eclipse (it saddens me to say). The only category I voted Eclipse in was Xavier Samuel for breakout star.

I do have to say, though, that I preferred the newborn fight to the fight between Edward and Victoria. If that had been the Eclipse option for that category I totally would have voted for it.

• I agree. The Social Network and Black Swan were my favorite movies, but this is the MTV movie awards, not the oscars. I think it’s more of a fan battle then if the stuff you’re voting for was actually the best or not. I love the Twilight movies, but even if I didn’t, I would still vote for them. So many people make fun of this fanbase and when we win all of this stuff, it just shows them that we don’t care what they say, we’re still dedicated (not to sound cheesy-I just don’t know how else to put that) And then that pisses a lot of people off, and then I get my satisfaction from their irrational anger :D This is just my opinion, but as I do agree with you, I also say vote for Twilight for the fans.

• Kathryn says:

I think I get what you’re saying, but voting for Eclipse on everything doesn’t show the anti-Twilight people that we don’t care what we think. To them it just confirms what idiots we are.

7. smitten_by_twilight says:

I was neglecting my democratic responsibilities, but now I’m voting again and have the site saved to Favorites. Good motivation!

8. I’d rather the HP kiss win over seeing Edward look like he’s trying to pass a kidney stone again. The only reason theyve won the last couple of years is because there was no real competition. This year there is..and there will be next year too.

9. Anonymous says:

“I’ll be honest I’d rather the HP kiss win the the dog kiss”
    Why are Edward supporters such a-holes? I mean seriously? What are you 12?

10. I don’t know if it’s a fluke or what but I can vote non stop over and over on my iPod touch. Forget the once a day. Can anyone else explain this I voted three hundred times for the best kiss. I’m team Edward but the Bella Jacob kiss was something I was looking forward too. And was dissaplonted by the performance Personally

11. I don’t know if it’s a fluke or what but I can vote non stop over and over on my iPod touch. Forget the once a day. Can anyone else explain this I voted three hundred times for the best kiss. I’m team Edward but the Bella Jacob kiss was amazing

• yeah i can do this too lol i dont think its a fluke either :p
      but which best kiss are you voting for edward or jacob??
      kristen and rob NEED to win best kiss!!

12. Jean Brown says:

This is not the Oscars. MTV is all about popularity and not base on any type of acting ability. Who in the world votes for something as stupid as “best kiss”. None of the kisses nominated were all that. I see better kissing on daytime soap operas or just on network tv. I will only be watching to see the Breaking Dawn trailer.

13. You guys just actually inspired me to vote Black Swan, Social Network and HP!

14. The only category I really care about Twilight winning is Best Kiss Edw/Bell. Each year twilight has seemed to dominate MTV award but this year based on the lack of excitement online and amongst other fans I don’t think they will come out on top at all. I will vote for twilight a few times in each category but best kiss is the only one I will vote a bunch of times. And Kick-Ass and Social Network was an awesome funny movie so I voted for every category they were every in. I never saw black swan but it looked too crazy to have my vote.

15. Tylight I vot for

1. […] Twilight Lexicon » Let’s Rock The MTV Movie Award Vote!. Share this on: Mixx Delicious Digg Facebook […]