Male TwiHard Highlights MTV Movie Awards Omissions

BryceeclipseThe Male TwiHard blogger on Next Movie is talking about some of the omissions for Twilight actors in the MTV Movie awards. The two that really stuck out to us were Best Villain and Best Line in a Movie. Here’s what the Male TwiHard had to say.

“The most glaring omission is here is that neither Bryce Dallas Howard nor Xavier Samuel were nominated for Best Villian, a category where “Gossip Girl” Leighton Meester made the cut for remaking “Single White Female.” It’s not easy taking over a character from another actress — fans are always going to compare you to the previous version — but Howard owned Victoria like I own the acne on my back. I don’t even remember Rachelle Lefevre’s name (I looked it up, okay?). And Samuel, he is nominated for Breakout Star, but why not here too? Tom Felton’s Draco is the Easter Bunny next to Samuel’s Riley.

Then there’s Best Line From a Movie. Perhaps because the first two “Twilight” films gave us so many great lines, the members of the MTV Movies Awards Academy have just come to expect it. What about Edward’s line: “Bella, would you please stop trying to take your clothes off?” Not only is that hilarious, it more or less sums up the entire “Twilight Saga” in one sentence. Yet here is where the MTV Academy chose to honor “Grown Ups” for the line “I want to get chocolate wasted.” Clearly, they were chocolate wasted.”

Check out his take on the other categorizes here. What do you think of his analysis?

Comments

1. LoL .. Makes total sense. I do agree Riley was way more of a villain.

• janelane says:

but not bryce. i never warmed up to her as victoria though i tried. her hair was absolutely ridiculous and her baby voice was as well.

2. ‘“Bella, would you please stop trying to take your clothes off?” Not only is that hilarious, it more or less sums up the entire “Twilight Saga” in one sentence.’

I didn’t think the quote itself was particularly hilarious, but I have to admit what he said about it made me laugh :D

• janelane says:

yeah.. that line wasn’t funny at all, when you consider how it made bella feel. it’s the worst line she could have ever heard.

3. BloodSucking Leech says:

I agree that X should have been nom’d for best villain, he stole every scene he was in (that RP wasn’t in).

To say that BDHoward owned the part of Victoria is his opinion alone. She just made me long for Rachelle even more.

You’re right, Kate, that quote from Bella’s seduction scene is great.

4. Tanya Reid says:

I would have voted for the best line to be from Edward to Bella regarding Jacob, “Doesn’t he own a shirt.”
    That was truly Laugh Out Loud!

5. smitten_by_twilight says:

If you haven’t read the whole article, do. I literally LOL’d! He was right on target on everything.

6. I totally agree with the Vilian, and Best line. I mean, They had “Doesnt He own a shirt” in a song from some awards show, I forget which one now (I know it was an important one lol). Also BDH was a total bad ass, especially when she let out that growling scream thing before she went after RP.

I’m alittle torn on the best kiss two nom’s, cause that will split the vote and leave it open for another to win cause of the split between Edward, and Team Jacob. I personally am all for Edward kiss cause… Well all I can say is “YUMMYYYYYYYYYY” (leg grab=epically sexy)

7. Albeit there are some good lines, but considering the competition for best one liners, “Easy A” smokes any Twilight movie line. Emma Stone and writers behind her were just brilliant. I wish I had such a quick sharp sense of humor. Takes me too long to get a joke as it is.

8. I agree that Xaiver Samuel should have receive a nomination… and to me Rachelle Lefevre’s portrayal of Victoria was awesome – I’m not saying I didn’t like Bryce Dallas Howard because I really did.

9. Alicia says:

Ok, the only thing I disagree with is regarding Rachelle’s portrayal of Victoria. Bryce was okay, but Rachelle was a bit better. I won’t go down this road again. Sorry. Just saying….

• AnneMarie says:

Rachelle does not have a father with the “HollyWood” clout as Bryce Dallas Howard….come on Rachelle owned that role from the first movie…no comparison…isn’t it interesting the terms of the settlement with Rachelle were never disclosed?

10. Rachelle owned Victoria. She nailed New Moon without even saying a single word. I agree that Xavier should have been nominated (coz I nominated him :P). However, I think the Twilighters forgot to nominate him. Remember, people are suppose to do the nominating and the voting. But yeah, that’s just a theory.

I tried to nominate Jacob’s famous tent line, “Let’s face it, I’m hotter than you.” Now, that’s better than any of the nominees there.

11. CullenCoven says:

I think Jacob saying in the tent: “And let’s face it. I am hotter than you.” Should have best line.