Breaking Dawn Casting Announcement: Meet Benjamin

ET got the scoop at their post Emmy Awards party. Rami Malek (no doubt his IMDB ranking is going through the roof as we speak) will be playing Benjamin. He is probably best known for his roles in 24, The Pacific, and Night at the Museum.

Benjamin, who is mated with Tia, was created by Amun knowing that the boy would be special. Amun has since been trying to turn Benjamin’s ability to manipulate earth, air, fire, and water into a weapon, but Benjamin is very independent and won’t be used.  He bonds quickly with many of the covens and nomads gathered at the Cullen’s house and declares that he will stand with them if the Volturi attack. They are all members of the Egyptian coven.

We are going to go out on a limb and say it also seems highly probable that this is Rami’s real Twitter in that it was made months ago, and it covers his former and upcoming work. We are checking official channels to be sure.

Via Hollywood Crush

Comments

1. Oooh! He is who I pictured last time I read it! I had just watched Night at the Museum and totally pictured him! I’m so excited!

2. Woo hoo!!!! EGYPT COVEN IN THE HOUSE!!!

I’m so excited that they’re announcing some of the people who will play the different parts. This is the BEST time in the filming process in my opinion. I do cherish the speculations on who will play each character then discuss how we feel that person will do in the roll.

Just like when Xavier was cased for the roll of Riley. I wasn’t excited that he was chosen but boy did I change my tune after seeing him on the big screen. He OWNED that part.

3. PERFECT! YES!!!

4. Yay!! It’s really exciting to start hearing about this stuff. It’ll be interesting to see who they start picking for all these covens. Makes me so excited for the movie-is it really next November??

5. absolutley the perfect match! Can’t wait to hear more of the new cast line ups!!!!

6. He is the person I pictured when reading the books! AWESOME!

7. omg he is perfect for that role !!

8. he’s perfect! can’t wait!

9. Lunna-san says:

He’s not really how I pictured Benjamin, but I think he fits quite well at the role. He did a very nice job in Night at the Museum! This is such a thrill! \o/

10. I am so excited. It is a reality check to us: Breaking Dawn is actually coming.!!!

Good casting roll for Benjamin.

11. Twilight dreamers says:

BD! YAY! he’s close to how i imagined benjamin, dark hair and all that. yay!

12. He will do a fabulous job!! I loved him in Night at the Museum.

13. I agree, perfect casting choice!

14. I’m sooo happy!! HE is just perfect for the role! :D

15. Well, I think he has the right look. A lot like I imagined him (I think)

16. Twilibrarian says:

This is great news for BD! Rami Malek was so over the top in “Night at the Musuem.” However, he really proved his acting chops in the HBO miniseries, “The Pacific.” To have Steven Spielberg and Tom Hanks on your resume isn’t too shabby, either.

If you haven’t seen this 10 part series, which just won an Emmy, by all means, do so. Malek is soooo good in it. Also, why not consider casting Joseph Mazzello who portrayed Eugene Sledge? He was also terrific. Sure came a long way from being the younger brother in Jurassic Park! There most definitely is a part for him in BD!

17. Jean Brown says:

I am so excited. Finally they have started to cast this thing. I am sure September is going to be a really exciting time for us fans because i am sure they are going to be casting a lot of roles and we will finally see who makes the cut.

18. I love it when it turns out that the people they cast look just like I imagine! He’ll be great. I love that this process is starting! Lots of exciting news to come!

19. I love him in Night at the Museum so it’ll be great to have him join the cast!! The only thing is I always pictured Benjamin being younger while reading it. Maybe it’s just me. It’s been a long time since I’ve read BD.

I love getting news about the movies. Especially BD since it’s so far away!! It’s gonna kill me to have to wait until next November!! Oh well. I can’t wait till we get more casting news!

20. i saw him younger, but other than that he is perfect. I was freaking out that benjamin wouldn’t be in it, he’s my 3rd fave newbie in BD

21. he looks good

22. Lilly Lautner says:

Oh my ! I imagined Benjamin looking like this ! Totally ! He’s perfect for that role ! Yaaay ! I can’t wait for BD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

23. He was pretty good in Night at the Museum. He’ll do for Breaking Dawn.

24. AHHH! i am absolutely and completely thrilled with this casting!

i never had a definitive actor, or even person for that matter, in mind when i pictured benjamin, but after reading this, i am thoroughly excited.

once again, the casting has been impeccably done :)

25. I know with so many characters in BD, it is likely they will condense the cast, but I am SO HAPPY Benjamin is not one of the ones cut. He was my favorite!

26. He is a great actor…He was wonderful, and kinda creepy in The Pacific…he will make a perfect vampire!! Glad to see that Benjamin made the cut and into the movie!

27. Oh, I’m so happy!! He’s totally perfect!! I’m uber excited! :)

28. JenLouise0201 says:

Oh he’s perfect! He was the Egyptian in Night at the Museum and played it well! Perfect choice for Benjamin! Love it! Great job!