Real Wolves Watch New Moon Wolves

File this under “just when you thought you’d heard of everything”…So to celebrate the release of New Moon on DVD in the UK…OK, usually we don’t try to editorialize too much around here…but seriously…I can’t help it…I’m just laughing too hard in a kind of freakishly punch drunk way…just read the press release and watch the clips…and if you value your computer monitor…PUT  DOWN ALL LIQUIDS…you have been warned.  It’s Pel writing blame me. This is officially the stupidest thing I have seen since the Renesmee womb and THAT is saying something.  Below is the press release from the UK distributor that last year ran this promotion.

To mark the DVD & Blu-ray release of The Twilight Saga: New Moon, E1 Entertainment has held the ‘World Wolf Premiere’ of the DVD to the wolves of Longleat Safari Park.

The first ever ‘World Wolf Premiere’ has been hosted in Longleat Safari Park as wolves watched their counterparts in action on the big screen for the DVD & Blu-ray release of the phenomenally successful The Twilight Saga: New Moon (Monday 22nd March).

Film company E1 Entertainment previewed the vampire vs. werewolf sequel – starring Kristen Stewart, Brit star Robert Pattinson and US talent Taylor Lautner – on a 16sqm screen in one of the country’s only wolf enclosures, with the unique screening deemed a howling success by the pack of 13 Canadian wolves at the park in Wiltshire.

The film, which is HMV’s highest pre-order title of all time, has taken over
£27 million since its theatrical release in November 2009 and is set to become one of the biggest home entertainment releases of 2010 thanks to the loyal following of ‘Twi-hards’ – fans of both Stephenie Meyer’s series of novels and films released so far.
Ian Turner, Deputy Head Warden at Longleat commented, “We’ve certainly never had a request like this before, so we were very intrigued to find out how the wolves would react to seeing their counterparts on screen.  While they weren’t so interested in the romance – the scenes of the wolves certainly got their attention and prompted a series of howls as the film went on.”

E1 Entertainment Senior Product Manager Martin Gough added, “Whilst Twilight was all about the vampires, New Moon develops a new love interest for Bella and in doing so introduces a range of characters that are all werewolves.
Whilst we’re used to deafening screams for Robert Pattinson, it’s a nice change to hear howls of approval for the rest of the cast, including the screen wolves themselves.”

With more of the passion, action and suspense that made Stephenie Meyer’s best-selling novels and the first movie smash hits, The Twilight Saga: New Moon is a spellbinding follow-up to the international box office phenomenon, and is out to own on DVD & Blu-ray from Monday 22nd March.”

Comments

1. Lavinia Cullen says:

OMG :)) that is awesome

2. ok yes it’s a bit odd but in a cool way. just because it’s different doesn’t mean it’s “STUPID”

3. SethisMine says:

That is just TOO funny! LOL! :)

4. Why. Just….why.

• Why? Why not?
      At first I thought, huh? Who would EVER think of this but after watching the wolves reactions I said, hmmm…I guess the real wolves give Chris Weitz and his Pack of CGI wolves 2 paws up. :)

5. Too cute

6. Omg they actually watched it I mean WATCHED the TV?!?! That’s really neat..Loved the howling!

7. Hahaha!
    This is so funny, actually had me laughing out loud!
    Sometimes it feels so ridiculous being English…

8. “they’re definitely not Team Edward”.
    I love it…Finally, critics with great taste in films! New Moon sure did “Pack” ‘em in…Badumdum :)

9. LMAO

10. RedPrincess says:

I LOVE IT! I don’t have a wolf as a pet…but I have two english bulldogs and my 2.5 year old watches EVERY SINGLE wolf scene…jumping towards the screen and barking when she sees them. If I can get it on video…I will most definately post it on YouTube:)

11. thats hillarious and slightly strange cos its like half an hour down the road from me lol only us brits would think of something sooooooooooooooo random lol

• teamjasmett says:

lol, I live on the isle of wight, but I watch animal park every morning before work and it was on there.

I was laughing so badly, and like you said – totally crazy for the british to be so random and have a wolf premiere! haha!

12. Elizabella says:

Was the howling set up or was it genuine do we know? Because if it was genuine then that is really cool, if it was set up, then not so cool.

13. Ok, so my baby is teething and I’ve been up all night and not really in a smiley mood. However, not only did this make me smile, it made me laugh like a hyena. I love it! Will they screen Eclipse as well?

14. This is the funniest thing I have ever heard in my life.

15. Odd, yes. But absolutely hilarious. It’s a little unbelievable, but cute and sweet the way they actually watched the movie. I can’t believe the wolves actually watched the movie. I’m still laughing. They really watched it? How’s that for a social experiment? Nice howl. Still laughing here . . .

16. Mella Cullen says:

Too funny!!

Does anyone know what the “Renesmee womb” is? Pel referred to it. Thanks!!

17. OMG…Now I think I have seen everything. I just saw the spoof for this on youtube. I was like WHAT?! They made a spoof of this with “VAMPIRES” LOL. Check it out on youtube.

18. Kayleigh says:

that was too cute!!!!
    what is the renesmee womb thing!!!!

19. Just wondered who you got this from? You haven’t sourced it and I know that it was given direct to a UK fansite by E1 Entertainment.

• Twilight_News says:

It was given direct to us by Annie Fong one of the media and PR reps for the media relations firms that represents E1. They routinely give us their press releases directly. I didn’t “source it” to another site because I didn’t get it from another site, I cited at the top of the article if you are observant, that the info came from the UK distributor which is in fact E1. This is also how most media sources directly getting an asset. You work it into your story copy rather than put a clunky “source” and a tag at the end.

And if you have a question like that, you can have the guts to sign your name to a backhanded accusation, or perhaps do the mature thing and email the site. Our contact info is readily visible on this site. You can check multiple article on this site. If we’ve found something other than at the originating source it is cited. For example take note of the entry about the Eclipse poster.

20. switzy4ever14 says:

God, could not stop laughing.

That anyone would think of this is so creative.

Thanks for the laugh, Pel.

Still laughing :)

<3 SWITZY LOVE <3

21. Bwahahahaha!
    Pel! My girl, you are the BEST!! I was laughing so hard I scared my cats. My dogs howled along with the wolves at the end, and I now have a terrible case of the hiccups due to the laughs. You made my day.

22. Pamela Wiley says:

Okay thats a little wired, but so cute!

23. haha cute! they actually watched it! but yeah kinda weird… :D

24. OH my goodness….I’m sorry, but what a waste of money…this is twilight gone too far…what was that zoo thinking? The money they spent on that viewing could have went to a wild life conservatory or had been given to research groups. I love twilight but this is a total HUH?? WHAA???

25. haha omg are you serious. that was hilarious.
    im still laughing, :D lol i cannot beleive that.
    This is definately going on my facebook haha

26. That is the most ridiculous (in a good way) thing I’ve ever heard! The wolves are so cute!

1. […] twilightlexicon Ti piace questo articolo? Condividilo sul tuo Facebook, Myspace, Twitter.. Clicca sui bottoni […]