Stephenie Meyer On Oprah

This on Stephenie’s Official Website:

“I wanted to apprise you all of a few upcoming things.

You know I’ve been doing the hermit thing this last year, in so far as media is concerned, and I’m not changing that now, but I am making an exception. I’m doing this for a good reason: I am so pleased and amazed and thrilled with what Chris Weitz has done with New Moon that I want to talk about it, and to show my support for him. And since I’m only doing one interview, better make it big. Really big. So….I will be on The Oprah Winfrey Show on Friday, November 13th. Check the local listings on Oprah’s website to find out what time it will be on where you live.

Of course, most of the questions for Oprah will be designed for a broader audience than just die-hard Twilight fans, and I imagine people who read this site and other fansites will already know most of the answers. To rectify this, I’m going to answer your more specific questions on-line. The official Twilight Saga website (www.TheTwilightSaga.com) will be taking any New Moon movie-related questions you might have for me, and then I’ll answer those most frequently asked. I’ll post the answers on the Twilight Saga website and also here on my own site. Questions can be submitted to TheTwilightSaga.com from noon (Eastern Standard Time) on Monday, November 9th through noon Tuesday, November 10th. The answers will be posted Monday, November 16th—or New Moon Premiere Day, as it is known around my house. (Details about submitting the questions will be posted first thing Monday morning at TheTwilightSaga.com, you can also get more information below.)

I’m so very excited that you’ll all get to see New Moon in just two weeks! Then you’ll see what I’m going on about. Until then, think up some good questions for me.

Love,

Steph”

Comments

1. wow. that´s huge. congrats stephenie!

2. Devon061381 says:

OH HELL YES! *dvr’ing immediately*

3. I hope she says The Host 2 is on the way :/

4. Steph on Oprah is going to boost Oprah’s ratings through the roof. I’m glad she’s showing Chris some love. I’m impressed with the trailers so far.

5. twiightgirl68 says:

DISLIKE THE “o” , BUT WILL WATCH JUST FOR U STEPH !!!

6. Yay for Steph! I’m so completly amazingly proud of everything she’s done, I just can’t wait for things to get even better for her (If that’s even possible!)! I miss her though, so I’m excited to watch her on Oprah! That’s SO epic! Congrats!

xoxoxo

7. OMG I have to see this!!! Oh and I have to ask her a question everybody here wants to know..

“Will you be writing more books continuing the Sage… ie: Renesmee’s POV or Jacob’s?

If everyone asks this maybe she’ll see how much we want more Twilight series books and will be compelled to write more on these characters we love!

• Yeah, I want to know the same thing but after the whole debacle with Midnight Sun I would be too scared to ask her.

I’m wondering if she has always had a plan of how long it would take to start writing about Renesmee (ie seven years). She said that she wanted to write from some different people’s POVs for a while, and there are certainly enough story lines to follow. So, say she writes another book plus finishes Midnight Sun. Then she has to promote and release them, AND there’s also Breaking Dawn the movie to finish. Add in the occasional break and it probably comes out at about seven years from the time she finished writing Breaking Dawn.

Yes, I’m hopelessly clutching at straws – but it’s a possibility. After all, it wouldn’t work if she had to start writing about how life will be seven years from now. It would be more realistic to leave Renesmee’s story until she was writing in the present.

(Not that I’m expecting us to be in silver jumpsuits in seven years, but you know what I mean.)

8. Stephenie's Fan says:

Wow!! This is HUGE. I am just so happy for Steph!
    She certainly deserves this!

And plus, Oprah’s ratings will increase because of Stephenie!

Steph, you truly, truly rock!!

I love you Stephenie with all my heart and soul!

9. Congrats Stephenie ! I love her and I can’t wait to watch this !

10. i want to ask her about midnight sun

11. I’ll be sitting outside the filming location for days :)

12. I love this woman! Steph, not Oprah (Oprahs ok too)
    but I love this woman, my question would also be….
    when can we have Midnight Sun? Also, a would beg, and I mean BEG her to continue the saga…..I don’t know about anyone else but I just don’t believe the story is over (it can’t be!). Congrats Stephenie!

• LOL!!!! Don’t worry… I have the same feeling!!!!! If I could, I’d kneel in front of her & beg, implore for her to finish MS… & I meanig it!!!!
      I’m so happy for her, Congrats Steph!!!! You deserve it!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D !!!!!

13. Way to go, Steph. You are truly amazing. :) :)

14. Zookie Monster says:

This is great! I hope she finished Dark High Noon xD

15. So exciting! I hope she tells us that she’s working on something new. I’m dying for a good Stephenie Meyer read!

16. Well this speaks volumes for Chris Weitz, doesn’t it?

17. so it has finally happened….

18. It’s about time! Don’t let Oprah turn you into some sort of “guru” with your own show though LOL

19. YAY!
    Congtats STEPH!
    I’m so excited to see New Moon CAN’T WAIT!

20. Steph its about time!
    You deserve it big time!
    I will be watching!
    REMEMBER WE LOVE YOU!

21. Also I agree on the Midnight Sun thing.
    We are waiting for its arrival.

• Yep, I’m sure there are plenty of readers who have not read the unfinished leaked pages of Midnight Sun because we are waiting for your final version. But, no pressur :)

22. Oprah is damn LUCKY Steph!
    You deserve so much more, but this will do for now.
    You Rock!
    I don’t like the show but you will definately see me watching on November 13th!
    I LOVE YOU STEPHANIE!
    TEAM MEYER all the way!
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

23. BIG NEWS!
    I just got back from WalMart and saw this!
    WOW!
    CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24. STILL SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY!

25. Can’t wait to see this! Stephenie has to know that everyone is going to ask about Midnight Sun. So, hopefully we’ll have a definitive answer after this.

I would just like to know what she’s been doing while hibernating. Obviously she’s been writing!! BUT WHAT???

Host 2? Midnight Sun? I heard her say in an interview once that she’s always wanted to write a story about mermaids and mermen. So maybe something totally NEW is coming down the pike!

Can’t wait for New Moon AND for this interview! I hope like HELL we get some useful information out of it and not stupid, sappy questions that mean nothing.

26. Didn’t Stephenie say no Midnight Sun until she didn’t hear anything about it for at least 2 years? Much as I’m dying to read the full, finished version, I wouldn’t be the one asking about it! LOL

27. Sterling Snow says:

OMG congrats Steph!!!
    Honestly I’ve just been waiting for her to get on the Oprah show but it was still a huuuge surprise:)
    I will definitely watch this! I hope we get some news about new books in progress, I’ve really been wanting a new Stephenie Meyer story.

28. This truly means New Moon is going to be BIG! Stephenie is doing this interview because she’s really happy with what Chris Weitz has done with New Moon.
    I am SO happy for Stephenie! Congrats to her! As much as I don’t want to upset her by bringing up Midnight Sun, I really wish she would finish it. I’m literally dying to read it.
    I’m definitely looking forward to this show.

29. I wish I could ask SM somethings-Like why didn’t you fight harder for the important things to be in the Twilight movie? I want to know or hear from her why/if she took lots of things from Vampire diaries..’cause there is a LOT there that is the same as Twilight! I just want to pick her brain about so many things. The word “sellout” has been used a lot in regards to the Twilight world. I wish it hadn’t been made into a movie. Just think about all the things that were changed. If Bella & Edward were real I think they would be laughing their butts off! Oh, and the whole Breaking Dawn thing would take hours!

30. cheering4twi says:

This is great news! I feel so thankful to Stephenie for blessing me with such a good read(Twilight saga and the host) and I would love to see her continue to endorse Chris Weitz, he has respected her so much and it will be wonderful to see them interviewed together…now to think up a question for the website!

31. cheering4twi says:

ok I think I got it wrong Chris and stephenie are not being interviewed together but it is very exciting to see her endorse him so much. Well done Stephenie and chris and Melissa A great team!

32. If Oprah feels the need to up her ratings, then she should guest Rob, Kristen, and Taylor :)

I don’t know why exactly but I find the title Midnight Sun so beautiful and romantic gahhh :)

33. i hope she announces a new book in the next year or something, she has to have been doing SOMETHING in her hermit state XD