New Moon Soundtrack on MySpace

This just in from the MySpace Community:

MYSPACE MUSIC PREMIERES THE TWILIGHT SAGA: NEW MOON SOUNDTRACK IN ITS ENTIRETY

Your browser may not support display of this image.

Listen to every song from The Twilight Saga: New Moon soundtrack days before it hits stores! Today MySpace Music officially premieres the highly anticipated soundtrack in its entirety. Visit the ‘In The News’ blog on MySpace Music for the details: http://music.myspace.com

All songs are currently available for free streaming on the official MySpace profile for The Twilight Saga: New Moon: www.myspace.com/twilight.

Hear original music created especially for the soundtrack under music supervisor Alexandra Patsavas by some of today’s most sought after musicians. The track listing is as follows:

• 1. Death Cab For Cutie- Meet Me On The Equinox
    • 2. Band of Skulls- Friends
    • 3. Thom Yorke- Hearing Damage
    • 4. Lykke Li- Possibility
    • 5. The Killers- A White Demon Love Song
    • 6. Anya Marina- Satellite Heart
    • 7. Muse- I Belong To You (New Moon Remix)
    • 8. Bon Iver and St. Vincent- Rosyln
    • 9. Black Rebel Motorcycle Club – Done All Wrong
    • 10. Hurricane Bells- Monsters
    • 11. Sea Wolf- The Violet Hour
    • 12. OK Go- Shooting the Moon
    • 13. Grizzly Bear (featuring Victoria Legrand)- Slow Life
    • 14. Editors- No Sound But the Wind
    • 15. Alexandre Desplat- New Moon (The Meadow)

The Twilight Saga: New Moon soundtrack will be released on October 16 by Chop Shop/Atlantic Records.

Comments

1. WOOOOOO.

2. WOOOOOO!! THIS IS AWESOME!!

3. OMG, Alexandre Desplat’s “The Meadow” is lovely! Very different piano work than Carter Burwell’s score (which I liked). Extremely romantic. I’m seriously looking forward to hearing it in the movie with the rest of the score.

4. Amazing!!! I love it!

5. Its great!

6. i really wish they didn’t make muse change around i belong to you to make it “exclusive.” it was perfect the way it was. now it’s terrible.

7. I’ve been dying to hear the Bon Iver/St.Vincent song, and love it!

8. Thanks again Chris Weitz for having Alexandre Desplat do the musical score! ‘The meadow’ is gorgeous! I am liking the rest of the soundtrack too!

9. Lovely and heartbreaking!

10. The Meadow is such a beautiful song! I cannnot wait until Nov. 20………hurry, hurry!!!

11. in awe.
    love. love. love.

12. I don’t know if I am feeling this soundtrack. I love the music in Twilight, but this one is off for me. I am a big supporter of new bands, but none of these songs really capture the feeling of New Moon for me. Just not feeling it

13. TwilightFreak says:

THE MEADOWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!
    OMFGG AAHHHHHHH i cant stop crying!
    I loved the work Carter Burwell did in Twilight, but i’m sorry- Alexandre Desplat just blew him out of the fu*kin water.
    Absolutely amazing.
    Chris Weitz, I LOVE YOU!!!

14. ummmm, well, besides the meadow and a couple other songs, i wasnt blown away. im a lil disappointed. i wont buy this soundtrack but i bet the score will be great. i guess you cant get everything! CH did an awesome job on the soundtrack but not so great on teh movie. now CW seems to have done great on the movie but the soundtrack is boring. ahhh, there is always eclipse. im very much looking forward to all of my favorite scenes from the entire series in that movie!

15. Love! Love!! Love!!! this soundtrack! This has made me even more excited for the movie (and I didn’t think that could happen!) Great job!
    I can’t wait to hear Alexandre Desplat’s musical score, The Meadow is just fantastic!

16. I think we’re all in agreement, “The Meadow” is BEAUTIFUL!! I can’t wait to hear the rest of the score! Its so much better than Carter Burwell’s “Bella’s Lullaby,” which I was sorely disappointed in. I vote that we call “The Meadow” the REAL lullaby.

As for the rest of the songs; I’m a freak who prefers orchestral scores for movies (like in Star Wars and Harry POtter and Lord of the Rings and Schindler’s List and Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, and I could be here all day) so I’m not a huge fan of using pop music in a movie, and I didn’t like the Twilight soundtrack much either.

• I like Burwell’s score and this new one by Desplat (although I might be in the minority here in saying thus far I like Burwell’s a tiny bit better). I say that now, but when I’m in the theatre balling, I will probably feel differently. However, as someone else has pointed out here, two different movies, two different moods. While I also like Satellite Heart, Slow Life, and Meet on the Equinox, the soundtrack as a whole doesn’t do much for me. As MeyaRose wrote, I’m more the orchestral movie soundtrack type person, so I’m hoping these songs fit. Perhaps after seeing the movie (hurry up, November 20!), I’ll feel something else entirely.

17. in love with monsters by hurricane bells!! this is awesome, but i have to admit i liked twilight soundtrack more. but who knows, it will grow on me!!

18. Is it just me or are a lot of the songs only playing for 30 seconds?

19. wow…i LOVE the Editors’ song. i knew i would, thought. great band. i’m still listening to the rest of it, but i had to comment on this song.

i like The Meadow a LOT.

20. gosh…i just have to say again– i can’t believe how much more i like this soundtrack than the first one. i’ll be buying this one ^^

i wish they didn’t make some of them 30 seconds…>_<

21. Listening to The Meadow on repeat. :-)
    It is absolutely beautiful.

I hope the rest of the soundtrack grows on me. I wasn’t blown away by it, but I feel like after I see the movie it will have more meaning when I am able to picture the scenes that the songs are played during.

I could listen to the meadow all day, though. I am at awe of Alexandre Desplat’s ability to capture the tone of a movie and put it to music. What talent.

22. OMG!!! I love The Meadow!!!

23. I’m curious, does anyone know why iTunes (they have the soundtrack available for pre-order) has an extra song? They have a 16th, ‘Thunderclap’ by Eskimo Joe. Is this an official New Moon soundtrack song or not? They have it listed as one, so I’m confused!

24. Yuck…won’t be buying this one..a little to creepy and all the songs sound alike..not my taste in music.Hope the movie isn’t this bad.

25. I’m not really digging the soundtrack that much, but I think a lot of the songs will work for the actually movie. I really liked the Twilight soundtrack, so its sort of a bummer that this one doesn’t live up to the same standard for me.

26. YAY!!!! This totally made my day!!!!! I am sooo going to buy this stuff!!!! my fav track without doubt is The Meadow… I was like: Wow!!!!! So sweet & painful @ the same time… Love it!!!!

Now, guys don’t get me wrong, but, I think it’s hardly fair u compare both soundtrack…’cuz NM is a different mood than Tw… To me all songs fit perfectly… we have pain, loss, friendship… As Tw we have the 1st sight of 1st love, discoveries & acceptance. So let’s just enjoy the ride!!!!

• HEY M.P.!!! GOOD comment!! Hmm sounds good to me Im open to listen to new bands/music all the time.Right the soundtrack is more sad but like bella said to alice “Did you expect to find me skipping around and whistling showtunes? LOl Have fun w/it twifriends be open minded.

• Hey, I’m glad that u think the same… u know, some ppl here should be a little more open minded… it doesn’t hurt @ all, give the chance to these songs (don’t need to be all of them) grow on u!!!! Have an amazing day twifriend :))

27. First when I started to listen to the soundtrack I was so disappointed, the first 6-7 songs are horrible but I liked more the end of the soundtrack. But I’ve to say that I didn’t really capture the feeling and the songs were a bit weird.
    But I hope that I’ll learn to like them :)

28. Addicted_Fan says:

I definatley questioned whether I was going to purchase this soundtrack the first time I listened to it. I have since listened to it again, really taking in the mood, and words to each song or melody……It does grow on you.

I think once the movie comes out and we get to hear it side by side that it will click then….

I do have my fav’s thats for sure!

29. Do you think this is the order they will be in the movie? I could see it working that way.

• I’m assuming “The Meadow” will come in when Bella finds the meadow after searching for it, and comes into contact with Laurent. That would put that towards the middle. So the order of the songs is probably not consecutive.

30. Like the general consensus, I adore “The Meadow” and agree, that it is much more what I had imagined Bella’s Lullaby to be. I don’t hate the songs, but was expecting more of a melancholy tone, and was also surprised, that, as I am unfamiliar with many bands, there wasn’t more of a female “voice” to the soundtrack. The bulk of NM is about Bella’s pain, and then her friendship with Jake, and I didn’t get that feel from the music– at all. It may grow on me. I do know I’d buy the Score soundtrack in a heartbeat. This soundtrack? Probably out of support for the franchise, and just to get my hands on The Meadow. But like it, maybe. Love it? Not so much.

31. WOW! I am surprisedly so pleased!!! Love it! I like this SOOOOO much better than the Twilight soundtrack. However, I do feel the Twilight soundtrack fit that film… but I really am expecting so much more from this film w/ Chris W. I’m not sure if I’ll listen to the CD tons… but I can COMPLETLEY picture it in the movie. It is very “Grey’s Anatomyesque” to me. Actually, I think that Death Cab’s song is my LEAST favorite on the whole CD. I agree that the Meadow is so much more romantic than “Bella’s Lullabye”. I also really liked Satellite Heart, Monsters, The Violet Hour, Shooting The Moon, White Deamon Love Song & Friends. This is really pumping me up for the movie! I’m loving that it’s a much more mellow soundtrack than Twilight. The only songs I loved on the Twilight soundtrack were Rob’s song and Flightless Bird… can’t wait for New Moon!!!

32. http://musicservices.myspace.com/Modules/MusicServices/Services/Embed.ashx/ptype=4,ap=0,plid=1306649,artid=40719194,skinid=16,profid=503944859

here’s the link to the myspace player. seemed to work a lot better with out having to wait for the rest of the Twilight/New Moon page to load.

IMO- not nearly as good as the first. Don’t think I will be purchasing this one. I do love the Meadow song however. So there is still hope for the score. Definitely can’t wait to see how these all fit into the movie.

33. i am lisening to it right now awsome

34. definitely disappointed. Guess I’m just not a fan of indie….however, I can’t wait to hear more of the score as The Meadow is a beautiful song!

35. This is absolutely awesome! I’m currently listening to it.

36. sarah lynn says:

I have to say that i love the soundtrack. Im a huge fan of Death Cab For Cutie, The Killer and Muse. I l love The Meadow, its more of how i pictured Bellas lullby to be.. I also loved how they used generally unknowen bands, it just makes it so much better for me. I am huge supporter of unknowen bands trying to make it big.. cant wait to see how the music is used in the movie

37. I am agreeing with most of the people here. I am more excited for the score by Alexandre Desplat than I am for the actual soundtrack. I think maybe the other music will be better and make more sense once we see the actual movie.

38. Lynn Aquin says:

I also have to agree that I really like The Meadow but except for a couple of songs, will not listen to the rest. I bought the first sound track for Robert’s songs. I won’t be buying this one.

39. ITS MISSING A SONG says:

the used did a song called “for you i would” just for this movie so why isnt it listed on here

40. Twilight9009 says:

I really like the soundtrack! It is a lot better than the Twilight soundtrack in my opinion. I just realized twilight fans are very negative. This soundtrack fits the story perfectly and most of the people on here are complaining. We should all be celebrating. But in a couple weeks everyone will like it so I am done talking for now.

41. This is a great set of songs for the movie. It will be even better to hear the songs on the big screen, just makes me more excited for the movie! I found this awesome photo gallery of the stars of the soundtrack on and off the stage! http://blogs.msg.com/themonitor/2009/10/19/new-moon-soundtrack-artists-on-and-off-the-stage-photo-gallery/

42. I dislike MySpace music. MySpace is too dirty with spam; I saw that some tools like this one: MySpace Music Plays Increaser allow so called musicians to get popularity on MySpace with black advertising. I think that really cool musician doesn’t need black advertising, it will be popular anyway, event without fake plays. So if MySpace is full with black web promotion, it is place of bad musicians. It is my opinion. waste only

43. I really like your blog.. very nice colors & theme. Did you design this website yourself or did you hire someone to do it for you?
    Plz respond as I’m looking to construct my own blog and would like to find out where u got this from. thank you

1. […] SOURCE Possibly related posts: (automatically generated)Death Cab For Cutie To Be On ‘New Moon’ Soundtrack?Kings of Leon NOT on New Moon SoundtrackRPattz Sings on the ‘New Moon’ Soundtrack?New Moon Soundtrack List Released! […]