Statement From Summit 7/29/09:regarding Rachelle

We just received the following statement from Summit Entertainment:

We at Summit Entertainment are disappointed by Rachelle Lefevre’s recent comments which attempt to make her career choices the fault of the Studio.  Her decision to discuss her version of the scheduling challenges publicly has forced the Studio to set the record straight and correct the facts.

Ms. Lefevre’s representatives were advised as early as April that THE TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE was expected to start shooting in early August.

If Ms. Lefevre was, as she describes “passionate,” about being part of THE TWILIGHT SAGA, we feel that she and her representatives would have included us in her decision to work on another film that would conflict with the shooting schedule of THE TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE.

It was not until July 20th that Summit was first informed of Ms. Lefevre’s commitment to BARNEY’S VERSION, a commitment we have since been advised she accepted in early June.  Summit had acted in good faith that she would be available to fulfill her obligations both in terms of rehearsals and shooting availability for THE TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE. We feel that her choice to withhold her scheduling conflict information from us can be viewed as a lack of cooperative spirit which affected the entire production.

Furthermore Ms. Lefevre took a role in the other film that places her in Europe during the required rehearsal time, and at least ten days of THE TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE’s principal photography.  This period is essential for both rehearsal time with the cast, and for filming at key locations that are only available during the initial part of production.

Contrary to Ms. Lefevre’s statement, it is simply untrue that the Studio dismissed her over a ten day overlap.  It is not about a ten day overlap, but instead about the fact that THE TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE is an ensemble production that has to accommodate the schedules of numerous actors while respecting the established creative vision of the filmmaker and most importantly the story.

The fact remains that Ms. Lefevre’s commitment to the other project – which she chose to withhold from Summit until the last possible moment – makes her unfortunately unavailable to perform the role of Victoria in THE TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE.

Comments

1. SUMMIT , GO… TO… HELL!

2. i am so upset about this!

i agree, a ten day conflict is BS. though, they may have been a key ten days, i dunno. but whats ten days in the scheme of things? honestly? was it that serious?

of course, i will see the movie either way, but seriously. though i never met Rachelle personally, she seemed like such a fun person from all the interviews i have seen. and i think she was so amped about playing Victoria, and so serious about it. i just think she was perfect. and i swear, the video of Taylor and Edi singing Miley Cyrus to Rachelle is one of my favorites :)

anywho, thou i am terribly upset, i shall keep an open mind and see how things work out with the replacement. but i swear, if she messes it up, i will riot!!! :)

3. This is just wrong, it feels as though Rachelle is being punished, scheduling could be worked out for heaven’s sake. Those Summit Suits don’t understand the connection the fans have with the cast, it’s emotional, it’s years old, this is the fans’ saga and the fans’ movies.

4. I think they are telling all that because they sign with the other actress and if they take back the contract they have to pay her, so that is why they are telling that is all Rachelle fault, I think they want to wash their hands because they make a bad decision and they don´t want to take it back, it is foulish of their side to don´t hear the fans, they are really don´t understand by know how passionate we are about twilight cast, saga and all related, we are millions of people around the worl and we desagree with the treatment that they are giving to Reachelle, she won our hearts, not only with her performance but also with her super nice personality, we are going to continue recuesting to Summit for her.

5. Team Rachelle. I can’t imagine that they couldn’t have forced her to drop the other movie, since she has a contract. The only thing that makes sense is that they figured recasting would be cheaper and they’re looking for an excuse. This was a pointless, pointless recasting.

6. ok. my last thought on this and im gonna let it go. none of this will keep me from seeing any of the movies. seeing as i dont know what the hell is going on, i will not send my letter to summit. im sad that rachelle wont be continuing in the saga. she shouldve checked her scheduling. as for summit, they need to watch themselves VERY closely. if they recast anyone else ill fly all the way to cali and talk to them personally. but i think people are too worked up now. so im letting it go unless some other crazy stuff comes up. adios guys.

7. This is a little too..eh…fishy? Like summitt is trying to pull something. I MISS YOU RACHELLE! I LOVE YOU TOO!!!

8. OMG! This whole thing is getting beyond ridiculous. It sounds like both sides couldn’t settle over a miscommunication. Both sides are at fault. But replacing Rachelle in such a short period of time looks like a drastic, harsh, and cruel move by Summit, especially when she obediently and enthusiastically promoted Twilight events in the past. The studio’s draconian decision has definitely tarnished the Twilight brand.

9. Julie T. says:

Oh, my God people calm down. This is nothing like the whole Taylor thing. For Taylor I was all for him. On MTV, I was voting for him and I really wanted him to play Jacob. But for Rachelle, honestly, I really don’t care. She didn’t have much of a role in Twilight, and not really anything in New Moon. All of you people saying that you are not going to watch Eclipse if she is not in it, come on. Really? Can you act anymore childish? You will watch it and probably not even think about that change. So right now get it through your mind and say, “Okay, Rachelle is not playing Victoria.” You will get over it quickly. And how could you blame Summit. Rachelle was blaming Summit first so Summit wanted to get the story straight like they said. I thought that they were acting very professional about this whole thing. Anyways. Don’t go bashing me and hate me. I did like Rachelle as Victoria. But Victoria’s main role is in Eclipse, so it’s not like Rachelle “acted” as Victoria much yet. So yeah.
    Can’t wait for New Moon!

10. Amy Darlene says:

in a letter i wrote to summit i suggested that they not only give Rachelle back her role…but keep Bryce on as a newborn.

contract or not… don’t they know we like continuity???

I said it would disrupt our emotional journey to ruin the continuity of the picture. I also implied that angering the fans is not the best road to a financially successful picture.

That being said, i think Bryce is a terrific actress and would make a wonderful Vampire… I also root that we bring Dustin Hoffman over to play one of the random vampires…it does say in the book that there are all sorts that were turned… not just young women in their 20’s Variety would be nice. OOooOoo they can play father and daughter who would turned… that would add a whole new layer OOO

11. Summit sold out!!!!!!!! They sold to the highest bidder – Mr. Ron Howard, father of BDH!!! Makes you wonder how much daddy dearest had to pay out?! I knew something was fishy & rotten. Ron Howard would RUIN Breaking Dawn. Well at this rate, Summit might as well sell out even more by casting RH as the director. It’ll be a repeat of academy-award earning The DaVinci Code. I can’t wait to see Summit FAIL. Sitting back and watching the Summit ship sink harder than the Titanic!!!!!

12. Every one has to remember that is not a party they would have to re-schedule, its a MOVIE, locations, other actors etc, the movie can not revolve around her alone. I also wish she could have stayed, but it didn’t work out.

• Sadly, we are dealing with more emotion than facts here. None of us knows what happened between them. Rachelle makes a statement, blaming Summit, then Summit makes a statement blaming Rachelle. Does anyone remember the problems with filming twilight? Weather and scheduling completely changed scenes at LaPush( where Jacob is telling Bella about the “Cold Ones”) and rain had to be added through CGI for other scenes. Just examples of how tight a schedule movies are on and how they can affect the final product. Directors and movie studios cannot control mother nature. Nor can they accommodate everyone. Personally, I am saddened about the recasting, but that is for selfish reasons on my part. Both parties are at fault here, although I know it’s easy for many to blame “The Man” instead of Rachelle. She knew what she was getting herself into and frankly, I don’t really think she’s too torn up about it. Which movie is going to get her more exposure with the “grown ups”? I’m sure she’s worried about be type-cast and this is her way of getting away from a franchise. It will not keep me from seeing Eclipse. I didn’t see twilight for “Victoria” and I won’t be watching New Moon for her either. I do wish her well though.

13. mschicklet says:

Nope.

I’m with other readers who mentioned earlier that Summit worked with Cam quite a bit during the filming of Twilight — while he was working on another film.

Summit didn’t try hard enough to work with Rachelle. This press release REEKS of privilege. I’m on Rachelle’s side, and always will be.

14. True, Miriam, but Rachelle is only filming the other movie for 10 days and Summit has worked around other actors’ schedules before, such as Cam Gigandet.

• Ashley, 10 days can be huge while filming a movie. Especially when your actor/actress is filming on another continent. I hate to be the grim reaper here, but what if something were to happen to her while traveling? I just can’t see them readjusting the whole filming schedule to accommodate one actress. You can’t focus on the fact that it’s 10 days because it could be a critical time in the shoot and since rehearsals start in a couple weeks, I’m sure they have no idea at what point they will be in shooting.

15. allthekingshorses says:

The backlash isn’t going to do much in terms of changing the corporate minds at Summit. What WILL work is not handing them your cash. If you complain and cry and sign petitions and send letters and you still buy the merchandise and see the movies everything you’ve done to protest is cancelled out.
    Summit’s answer is condesending, rude and designed to shut everyone up. Right now it’s not working but lots of people have short memories.
    I don’t buy their line and I’m not seeing the movies.

• I think you hit the nail right on, and you are so correct in your assessment. The problem is that despite all the outrageous things that Summit may do, fans will still go to see the films. I know it would be very hard for me not to, even though I loathe Summit (or should I say, ‘Smut’ for short?) at this point. But I have no intention of supporting their statistics over the first opening weekend. I applaud you your strength not to see it at all. Or maybe wait until the DVD comes out?

• siobhan says:

Not necessarily. We here in Europe were always waiting anxiously for the film even after the reviews of it have come out over there in the USA. Films ususally come out here around a week or two later than they do in the cinema. My point is- with all the site’s on the internet that allow people to watch movies online for free, we here in ireland, and in the rest of europe, are always tempted to just click onto the internet after it has come out in USA, and see it before it comes out in cinemas here, you follow??? Usually, i restrain myself because i dont like to be spoiled, but its always tempting.

This year I think i might just give into temptation and watch it off the internet after it comes out in the USA. I’ll be seeing it before everyone else, and most importantly, summit wont be getting my money. In my situation- it benefits me on both counts.

• Adrielle says:

I agree.

NM and EC, I’ll still watch them. It’s to satisfy myself, not Summit or anybody.

However, regarding the expensive DVD, I’ll probably borrowed it from a source. Minimum $$ spend and Summit will lose a customer.

16. LadySothis says:

Oh come on, the answer to the whole “who to blame” scenario is pretty simple – both of them are. Rachelle made another arrangement over the time she knew Eclipse might take place, she knew the risks, and she took them.

Summit, if they really really *really* wanted it to work, could have possibly made it. Yeah, if she was Robert Pattinson, she’d still be in Eclipse. But she’s not. In the whole scheme of things, as nice as she is, she’s a rather minor actor. And ten days, in filming time, is pretty good when you are having filming sites booked, actors scheduled, and an attempt to produce the movie by spring (which is pretty epic with New Moon coming out six months before).

So who is to blame? Both of them. But quite frankly, it doesn’t matter. I’m sorry Rachelle, I’m sorry Summit, but I’ll look forward to Eclipse all the same.

17. I’m going to call bull.

First of all, I am going to just put this out there, Catherine and Summit decided to film the fight in ‘Twilight’ first because Cam was filming another movie (said so in the extra DVD).

Secondly, Kristen Stewart will not be finished shooting The Runaways until the 2nd week in August from what I have read.

AND

They are claiming they found out on July 20th. So,they contacted Bryce Dallas Howard, asked her to join, negotiated a salary, got contracts together, and got them signed in 10 days? AND that’s with Summit telling Rachelle on the 20th that they would not allow her to miss the rehersals and that they were letting her go from her contract.

OBVIOUSLY, she did not know about this 7 days ago at COMIC CON !!!! Summit’s timing is off.

After this comment I doubt she will come back, but honestly it will be hard to watch ‘Eclipse’ with out thinking about all of this.

What does Stephenie think of all this?

18. the thing I have come to terms with after venting about this for 24 hours is…in the long run no matter whose fault it is…we the fans of the movies lose and I think its sad that this couldnt get worked out to continue the movies with the cast already set in place.. :(

19. Everyone has a right to lash out! The explanation that was provided sounded more like a child trying to excuse himself from doing something bad! Tons of actors pick up side work and never get recast! This is not a resonable excuse and who claims it is well you full of it! Cam had another movie and they scheduled him, rob dropped a movie for new moon cause of scheduling conflicts. I mean there is so much more to this than summit has claimed! Did they honestly think we weren’t going to care if they recasted victoria. Wow and its victorias last movie and they couldn’t just schedule her slightly different! I mean victoria doesn’t even come into the film till the middle! I call major BS on summit! Studios deal and handle it ALL the time in a more professional matter, and then responding to a very polite response on her end like a child does by pointing the finger the other way…just makes them more transparent!

20. My Aunt once said to me, “There are three sides to every story: One person’s side (ie Summit), the other person’s side (ie Rachelle), and the truth.” -I’m with the Lex, we’ll never know what really went down in meetings.

I am however sad to see Rachelle go, and do wish that Summit could have found a way to work with the scheduling issues regardless of who’s fault they may have been.

21. This statement only makes them look like a bunch of petulant, childish, snobs. So, it’s their way or the highway, huh? Well, it’s nice to know they have to clue how to work on compromise. Actors have multiple projects going all the time. Are you telling me someone at Summit couldn’t figure out how to work around a 10 day scheduling overlap? If so, that person needs to lose their job because they are dreadful at it. Oh yeah, and how did they get Bryce Howard confirmed and signed so fast? Looks like there’s someone at Summit that’s rather speedy and efficient.
    P.S. I don’t buy any of it. TOTAL SHAMELESS BS!!!

22. Could they have cast a new Victoria that soon??

23. Let’s just replace Edward and Bella too while we are at it. I think it is funny all those that are saying “stay calm”. Please all of us love Twilight and want to see the movies made in the best way possible. That means Rachelle plays Victoria. Period. Summit can try to spin this any way they like but that is the bottom line for me. I am very sad that the movie that I most want to see will be without a key character, one that we there from the beginning.

24. All I have to say is, that Summit should stick to the original cast. Rachelle was one of the best parts of the movie.

25. With that statement, summit is not going to rehire Rachelle. I’m sorry but i’m done.
    I’m not seeing New Moon in theatres.
    I an not giving them my money when they treat their clients with disrespect and malice.
    Summit should have sat down with Rachelle and DISCUSSED this.
    They went public, they threw Rachelle under the bus, she defends herself, and now they continue to point their fingers at Rachelle.
    I mean, really?
    I’m done. I will NOT support their company.
    Sorry Rob , Kristen, and everyone else but you’ll be fine and better off.

26. F*ck you Summit!! It’s not all about y’all making millions at the box office. It’s about the fans, the actors, the books, and journey of the characters. You screw up with the fans=NO BOX OFFICE HIT! You screw up with book dialogs=UNHAPPY TWILIGHTERS! You screw up with changing cast members=DISJOINTED CHARACTERS! You screw up with the emotional journey of characters=S*CKY TWILIGHT SAGA MOVIES!!! I do NOT want s*cky Twilight Saga movies, but you, Summit, are getting there. Keep it up! Nice going!! I am sure Stephanie Meyer and fans all around the world appreciate it a whole f*ckin lot!!

27. bella1976 says:

I HOPE FINALLY MOST FANS REALIZE WHAT A BUNCH OF CONDESCENDING BASTARDS THOSE FU**ING JERKS AT SUMMIT ARE!!!!! I WILL GO SEE NEW MOON FOR SURE (MOSTLY TO SUPPORT THE CAST AND DIRECTOR CHRIS WEITZ)BUT I WILL NOT GO SEE ECLIPSE!!!!!!! I’LL STICK TO READING MY BOOKS, HEY AT LEAST I KNOW I WON’T BE DISAPPOINTED THERE! PLUS EVERYONE KNOWS NO MATTER
    WHAT THE BOOKS WILL ALWAYS BE BETTER THAN THE MOVIES. SIGNING OFF FOR THE LAST TIME. SUMMIT FINALLY TURNED ME OFF COMPLETELY.

28. EPIC FAIL SUMMIT!!!!!! You should have worked this out behind the scenes with Rachelle instead of in public. You had no respect for your actors you didn’t even have the descency to tell your actor which her role was being recast shoes a lack of concern on your part. Catherine changed shooting schedules for cam while filming twilight your telling me the same could not be done for rachelle. You are in the wrong and you know it. TEAM RACHELLE!!

29. hey sign this petition if you want her back too!!!!

30. we gotta fight for her sign here!!!!!

31. Dwilson says:

Ah c’mon everyone…. can’t you see the writing on the wall? Look who is replacing Rachelle? It is Ron Howard’s daughter…. you know the actor and director! Bryce comes from Hollywood royalty and she probably just asked dad to help her out. With that much backup, Rachelle didn’t stand a chance.

32. Well, you can see from the comments here that Summit’s clarification has definitively cleared everything up, and now, we’re all happily on-board with their decision.

• Luthien says:

LOL! Yeah, we are SO over this. Now we can all roll over and play dead….LOL! Summit doesn’t know what they have unleashed.

33. Is everyone forgetting that this is a production studio we are talking about? Fans do not matter. Money matters, and to push back filming uses up money and they simply didn’t see the point in keeping her. Yes, that is harsh, but that’s Hollywood, and this behavior coming from them is nothing new for this industry. Everyone can yell and scream all they want, but the most important thing for them is money, and by getting someone new, they are saving money.

• Ryan you got it exactly. Money matters. If you don’t spend it because they made a epic suck decision, they lose money, and since the studio suits at Summit like money, they ought to be looking at the best possible ways to get butts in seats. Pissing the fandom off and derailing their principal antagonist after the second film publically, is just setting them up for failure. What Would Warner Brothers Do? Too me this is bad business, if I were a cheif producer or head of studio, I’d be sweating this out, I’d also be questioning the PR’s release of memo #2. Attack mode….Studio VS sweet fanloving charity giving principle. I’d laugh at the stupidity over the decisions in the last 4 days, if it didn’t have such an impact on a franchise, I really admired. BBut alas, all good things must come to an end (so I’ve heard). Summit started out with good intentions when they started the studio, little bit of success has messed with their mission and focus. The little studio that could, failed on this one.

34. write to summit!

EFeig@summit-ent.com,
    NKirkpatrick@summit-ent.com
    VMayer@summit-ent.com
    Wyck@templehillent.com
    Paul@pcommgroup.com
    RFriedman@summit-ent.com
    PWachsberger@summit-ent.com
    BHayward@summit-ent.com
    DGarrett@summit-ent.com
    RHohauser@summit-ent.com
    RFay@summit-ent.com
    SNickerson@summit-ent.com

Dear Summit,

It has come to my attention and my fellow beloved Twilight Saga fans that a decision has been made by your company to replace Rachelle Lefevre as Victoria in the upcoming Eclipse movie. We believe this is a terrible mistake as Rachelle has embodied the character Victoria from the beginning and has embraced the entire Saga and all of the fans of the series. This is not to take away from Bryce Dallas Howard as an actress but instead to point out the absolute importance to keep an actress who has rightfully earned the role and has performed it with professionalism, excitement, and obvious admiration for the character. It has always been evidently clear in interviews how important the role of Victoria was to her and to her fans.

This is a major oversight by Summit and I hope that you take the chance to reconsider this decision since Rachelle will ALWAYS be Victoria to the true fans of Twilight.

35. There is a basic fact that both Rachelle and Summitt agree on: Rachelle knew when Eclipse would be filming and chose to do another project during that time.

Eclipse is a HUGE money machine. I cannot imagine an actress risking losing that by signing on to a smaller gig (10 days = small-ish part) without checking and rechecking with Summit. “Hey, Summit, I know I’ve already agreed to film the blockbuster put-my-name-on-the-map Twilight Saga follow-up, but would it be okay if I do this small 10-day role also?”

Rachelle signed a contract to film Eclipse first, so Rachelle should have cleared the Barney’s Version filming schedule with Summit before accepting the BV role. Rachelle’s statement shows that they did not grant permission, so it sounds like she violated the contract.

There are OODLES of people involved in filming a movie – she should not expect everyone to change their schedules to accomodate her. (Perhaps they could do a little more shuffling when the film was still small-time – Twilight did not have as big of a budget, crew, etc.)

Do I think Summit would do well to keep the cast the same? YES. Who knows why the two couldn’t work things out?!?

36. Well, I doubt anything can be done.

A better question would be how will Howard do as Victoria? Personally I think she looks more like the Victoria in my mind and she’s gorgeous to be sure. I felt that LeFevre’s portrayal was more sassy rather than the desired fierceness. Hopefully Howard can become very menacing. I’d love to see it.

Let’s embrace the new and hope Ms. Howard makes a fantastic Victoria. :)

37. kkaren_colin says:

I hate that Rachelle is being replaced by Bryce. she doesn’t even look like she can do the part of Victoria. >:( stupid summit

38. Jennifer L. says:

Rachelle should just reschedule her other commitments. She should know by now that the part of Victoria in Eclipse is pretty big. She’s already the Victoria imprinted in the minds of the viewers. Replacing her would surely dissatisfy many, if not all.

39. I think summit were just looking for a chance to replace her with a more well know actor because victoria’s part is bigger in this movie. Kellan also had schedualing conflicts but he had the chance to choose by the sound of it they didn’t give her a chance and Rachelle may not be super well known but she has been in the industry a while, she knows how it works. This situation is so wrong and summits statement makes them sound guilty because they are trying so hard to blame Rachelle. They had better not even think of replacing anyone else, conflict of scheduls or not!

40. thehtic says:

summit sucks and that statement was not professional!

41. Men1009 says:

Well, I’m very disappointed that Rachelle is being replaced, no matter BDH is a famous actress or not and how wonderful of her acting. I could feel how passionate and delicated that Rachelle involves herself in the Twilight saga. And it’s hardly to accept Summit’s decision of recasting (in fact, I don’t accept it at all).

I really want to ask Summit, if not because of those not-very-famous actors/actresses were willing to play in Twilight, do you think the movie can be released, became a big hit, and you, a small company, can be as famous as and make money as big as right now? Have you ever respected those actors/actresses involved, even they are only in the small part of the movie?

Also, do you know who would most likely spend money on buying tickets to see the movies in the theatres? Who would buy all franchised products? We! The Fans! However, have you ever respected us, respected what we want?

I am wondering, if Taylor was considered to be replaced before, and now Rachelle has been replaced, will Robert and Kirsten be replaced too? Perhaps Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie in Breaking Dawn? They are sexier and can make the sex scenes much hotter? I guess if Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie asked for the roles, Summit would agree with this, as what they see is only money and they have already thrown ‘respect’ away!

42. cheering4twi says:

You know I have been thinking a lot about this. When you watch Twilight, the actors look relaxed, there chemisty is good and they look like they are having a good time. I assume New Moon will also epitomise this. Howefver, I get the feeling that by the time they film eclipse they will all be stressed out, having been working non stop, dealing with a change in beloved cast member and having to deal with how to deal with working alongside a different actor in the same role. I have a feeling that Eclipse is not going to have that same relaxed air about it. And really having just watched some comic con footage as complimentary as it is to the actors/director that we all love twilight so much. Is it really necessary to send your principal actors out on stage just to be screamed at for however long.
    Hopefully some food for thought. Yes actors get paid a lot, and you would want to to put up with this crap.

43. cheering4twi says:

By the way, now amount of CGI and special effects can make up for when the essence of something is lost. But thank you so much for twilight, its raw enthusiasm should be bottled. It jumps off the screen, I love it!

44. thehtic says:

im so ill with summit i may just boycott their movies. thats not cool what they did, and now they are just trying to save face. Victoria may not have a big part in eclipse grant in. thats even more reason that they culd have accomodated her scene. summit messed up big time with this decison. they ruined the continuity of the films, lost the faith the fans had in them, and respect to their business as a whole. im just like whatever.

45. Lomesir22 says:

Why is everyone being so hard on Summit? They laid down the terms of the contract and the times when Eclipse needed its stars present. Rachelle was the one who went and filled up her schedule. As for Summit’s line about “lack of cooperative spirit”, that makes me suspect there was a lot more going on behind the scenes between Rachelle and Summit than either are letting on. This probably isn’t the first time something like this has happened. Studios rarely fire one of their mains at the drop of a hat.

46. but BDH should feel slightly humiliated by the fact that her role is so contorversial here. She probably has looked at some fan sites and may realize tht hte fans aren’t too happy as her being cast as a replacement for LeFevre. Personally she shud back out of the role buh… think don’t happen the way we want them too!!!

47. Can’t they just add a subplot to New Moon saying that she was killed? Then have a new vampire do what Victoria does in Eclipse? Without a leader, the bad guys found a new dude to lead him. This new leader could want to kill Bella too because a hundred years ago, he was Edward’s lover and still want him back.

The characters are all so plain, you can easily switch them.

48. I know people are sitting on the fence or turning on Rachelle but i want to point this out, as a cast the twilight cast has been amazing to us fans- going to conventions and signing all over the world, turning down auditions so they can meet fans (kellan did say he has done this) I think its only fair in return that we should be there for the cast. It’s not so much who was right or wrong but the fact that Rachelle thought she was alright then 2 weeks from shooting was not only fired but found out that summit already had someone to replace her. I think as fans we do need to make a stand because Rachelle is not the first person they have replaced (or tried to) there is one movie left and I do not want it to happen to anyone else. The cast have been there for us its only fair that we are there for them!

• Thats right Rachel, Loyalty+We aren’t the Twilight mafia without reason. We are fiercely loyal to our books, and should be as loyal to the actors when they are being dicked over

49. Shannon says:

While it seems that Rachelle might have made a misstep with her choice, I think Rachelle has proven over and over again her committment to the series by appearing at fan events and publicizing the series tirelessly. Summitt has an obligation to the fans as well.

50. this is utterly frustrating! Most of you can’t be this ignorant can you?? Do none of you realize that this is a buisness with lots of money involved. It doesn’t matter at this point who is right or wrong. Rachelle signed a contract with Summitt. In this buisness contracts are everything. She needed to be forthright to not only summitt but to all other studios involved. I am not saying she is wrong or right,just that everything in this buisness is not as simple as black and white.
    I really wish that someone of you would research and educate yourselves first before speaking!