Bryce Dallas Howard Replaces Rachelle LeFevere

This just in from Summit:

THE TWILIGHT SAGA ADDS ACTRESS
BRYCE DALLAS HOWARD TO FILM FRANCHISE

Actress Rachelle Lefevre Will Be Replaced By Howard In The Role Of Victoria

Los Angeles – July 28, 2009 – Summit Entertainment announced today that Bryce Dallas Howard will take over the role of “Victoria” in the studio’s upcoming production of THE TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE. Actress, Rachelle Lefevre, who portrayed the character in TWILIGHT as well as the upcoming release of THE TWILIGHT SAGA: NEW MOON, will not continue in the role due to scheduling conflicts with another commitment the actor has made. THE TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE will start filming in Vancouver this coming August.

THE TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE, the third film in the studio’s TWILIGHT film franchise based on Stephenie Meyer’s blockbuster book series, will be directed by David Slade from a screenplay written by Melissa Rosenberg. The film will be released theatrically in North America on Wednesday, June 30, 2010.

“We are incredibly happy that Bryce has agreed to come into the franchise,” said Erik Feig, Summit’s President of Worldwide Production and Acquisitions. “Rachelle brought “Victoria” to great screen life and Bryce will bring a new dimension to the character. The franchise is lucky to have such a talented actress as Bryce coming in to fill the role.”

Howard most recently starred in TERMINATOR SALVATION as Kate Connor and has been seen in SPIDER-MAN 3, LADY IN THE WATER, and THE VILLAGE. She was nominated for a Golden Globe for her leading performance as an actress in the HBO film AS YOU LIKE IT.

In THE TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE, Bella once again finds herself surrounded by danger as Seattle is ravaged by a string of mysterious killings and a malicious vampire continues her quest for revenge. In the midst of it all, she is forced to choose between her love for Edward and her friendship with Jacob — knowing that her decision has the potential to ignite the ageless struggle between vampire and werewolf. With her graduation quickly approaching, Bella is confronted with the most important decision of her life.

Comments

1. I thought they all signed up for all three. I just don’t get. I am frustrated because it is going to screw up the continuity. This really sucks. Eclipse is my favorite and….Grrr, I’m so irritated. It just seems like they could work around it, it’s not like she’s a lead role.

2. Cathryn says:

So Rachelle made some other commitment?? When she probably knows the hectic schedule of filming the saga??? Wow…

I don’t believe Summit replaced her just because they felt like it–and yes, this is TERRIBLE news pfft.

3. I can’t help but think this isn’t true. I follow Rachelle on twitter, and she said that she starts shooting in mid August. So, unless she realized she wouldn’t be able to finish in time, I don’t think this is true. You would think that she’d already be in contract for Eclipse. The only had like a three month break or so from finishing New Moon, so why would she be contract with another movie if she knew Eclipse was coming soon? I don’t get it, and I’m very disappointed.

• i completely agree. Something about this just isnt right!!! I say summit was involved in this- rachelle has been talking about how excited she has been for eclipse for AGES. i cant see her giving it up easily. OR i also cant see her not giving us warning that she was considering leaving- if that was the case. I think this is bullsh*t. Summit has something to do with this- it doesnt make sense otherwise.

4. NO!!! Victoria is so distinct. This is no good. :(

5. Why are they replacing her now? That’s a stupid move by Summit.

6. Junebug says:

I loooooooooooooove Bryce Dallas Howard! I am soooooooo sad that Rachelle can’t finish as Victoria, but I think we are lucky that we have Bryce. She’s an amazing actress. Have you seen “The Village” she’s AMAZING!

7. nostalgicmiss says:

Rachelle will be missed terribly, she already brought great depth and Dimension to Victoria!!!

As for BDH, I have every faith in the fact that she can reprise the role and take off from the high standard Rachelle left.

Rachelle was dedicated to the role, and did an amazing job at portraying the feline Victoria. I would like to think that BDH would give it the same dedication. She is a talented actress, so I’m sure we have absolutely nothing to worry about!

*Crosses fingers anyways*

8. This is aweful! Man I just can not stress how much I HATE replacing actors when making movies. It just completely ruins it for me. Most times I will not even bother going to movies to watch them. Specially if they have been in more then one.. I am very dissappointed :(

9. soozabooza54 says:

Silly for her to leave – Eclipse is Victoria’s shining point.

Sad.

10. They should replace Robert Pattinson :D

11. Saraness says:

Guess who isn’t a Rachelle fan anymore?

If you’re rally going rto commit to making the first two movies- you would only have one more to do- THE MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL.. Thast really bothers me.

12. wait a second… didn’t the cast sign on for the first three movies?? isn’t that non-negotiable unless summit desides otherwise?? this sucks!!! i can’t picture anyone besides rachelle as victoria!!!!!!!!!

13. NOW… CAN WE GET RID OF ROSALIE???

She’s the one that has to go!

• HAHAH soooo true!!!

• twigalfan says:

oh yeah, totally! Nothing against the actress nikki reed but her beauty is just not upto par with the one described in the novel. I think she just got in because of the director since they collaborated in the early stages of her career.

14. I’M GONNA SHOOT SOMEONE IN THE FACE!
    THEY CAN’T JUST REPLACE RACHELLE
    WWWWTTTTTTTFFFFF?????!!!!!!

15. I am so mad right now! She doesn’t have THAT big of a role in the movie! Can’t she just spend one week with the cast! This better be a sick joke! I hate when they do this!!!!!!!!!

16. Sabrina/bloodnoir says:

Nothing against her replacement…but I can’t express how irritated I am by this new development. I wonder how true the reason for her departure is. Its not as if Rachelle hasn’t known for a while that Eclipse would begin filming in Aug. If we’ve known for a couple months, then she’s known longer. And suddenly there’s a conflict in scheduling. Sounds like Summit’s treating her the way they did Catherine(though I’m thrilled with Chris’s work on New Moon)
    Ah…well. We’ll miss you Rachelle. You’ll always be Victoria to me.
    Cheers!
    Sabrina

17. I will like to know what kind of “commitments” had she made , she did know that the character would be in the 3 movie as well what kind of crap are they trying to tell us …I just don’t belief it really I don’t …sick I tell you

18. i cant believe this!…i love the work of rachelle!…i dont know if this actress its gonna keep up the good work rachelle made in twilight..and im sure that in new moon she nail it!..im shocked!

19. I call bullshit! SUMMIT is so behind this! Rachelle would never leave just because of some other stupid project-it’s too obvious! See this is why SUMMIT is one of the most fucked up production companies!

20. That seriously sucks! :(

21. who in there right mind would choose an unknown film over a blockbuster?!?!?

i feel like she abandoned us and doesnt care about the films. that might not be true, but this sure makes me feel this way.

• bella1976 says:

IT SOUNDS TO ME LIKE THEY (F***ING SUMMIT) DID NOT GIVE HER A CHANCE,IF THERE WAS A SCHEDULE CONFLICT THEY COULD HAVE WORK SOMETHING OUT CONSIDERING RACHELLE HAS BEEN PLAYING VICTORIA SO WELL.THEY WERE SO COLD/ABRUPT WITH THE ANNOUNCEMENT!!!!! JUST ANOTHER REASON TO DISLIKE SUMMIT EVEN MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• you pinpointed it- who WOULD pick some unknown film over a blockbuster???? I dont think she had a choice- SUMMIT is Bl*ody well behind this. Rachelle has been excited about eclipse for ages, i cant see her just giving it up somehow!!!

22. OMG! I can’t believe that! I love Rachelle she shouldnt be replace!

23. i am not happy about this. i do like rachelle, i think she’s plays a good victoria, she’s good with the fans and she’s one of the better people on the cast in terms of interviews. will miss her, think that this is foolish on both her and summit’s parts (i don’t think she should’ve taken another role, this franchise is hitting it big! and i’m sure summit could’ve worked around her schedule as well, no?) but anyway, will miss her.

24. NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! NONONONONO :( Rachelle was perfect for the role! hope that bryce would do an amazing role but, nooo!! im crying lol

25. This is horse manure!

26. bella1976 says:

I’M STILL PISSED ABOUT THE NEWS, BUT WHAT BOTHERS ME THE MOST IS THAT RACHELLE WAS AT COMIC CON PROMOTING THE FILM AND IN ONE INTERVIEW SHE SAID SHE WAS SO EXCITED TO FILM ECLIPSE/ALL THE FIGHT SCENES……. AND NOW ALL OF A SUDDEN FREAKING SUMMIT REPLACES HER WITHOUT A THOUGHT IT SEEMS.IT SOUNDS TO ME LIKE SUMMIT DID NOT EVEN ATTEMPT TO “WORK” WITH THE SCHEDULING CONFLICT. F***ING BASTARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• kehacakes says:

It may have ben the other actors who made it impossible to accomidate her schedule, better her than your leads. You can’t please everyone, she should have not scheduled something else. You can’t hold up a whole cast of people for one person. HER BAD.I’m sure Rob, Kristen, and Taylor have better things to do than work around her other projects, especially when they have their own. Think of it that way. I’m going to enjoy the movie either way, so we get a new red head, whoopie,just don’t take away my lead actors.It’s going to be fine.

• I agree. I was shocked at first, but you’re probably right. V only has the one fight scene and she wasn’t a principle in Twilight or New Moon, so, I’ll live.

• bella1976 says:

IF YOU ARE A TRUE FAN OF THE TWILIGHT SAGA (BOOKS!!!!)YOU WOULD KNOW THAT VICTORIA DOES PLAY A BIG PART IN THE STORY.AND IT JUST SUCKS NOT TO HAVE RACHELLE PLAY VICTORIA AGAIN BECAUSE SHE IS A WONDERFUL ACTRESS!!!!!! HAVE YOU SEEN LADY IN THE WATER ITS LIKE ONE OF THE WORST MOVIES EVER.DBH ACTING IN TERMINATOR SALVATION WAS PRETTY BAD AS WELL. IF THE FORMULA WORKS WHY CHANGE IT.

27. Victoria says:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!

28. This just can’t be!

29. NOOOOOOOOO!!! I LOVE Rachelle, and Eclipse is my favorite book in the series… Bryce is a good actress and all, but…It’s just not going to be the same. :(

30. Very Very disappointed and can’t beleive Rachelle would walk away when she’s been signed on from the beginning. And Rachelle should have dropped whatever movie she signed on too after the fact not Eclipse. Very Disappointed in her.

31. raeganx3 says:

this is crap! That is not fair! Rachelle is Victoria not this chick. I don’t want to go see the movie now. -fumes;

32. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Rachelle is my favorite actress of the whole cast!!!
    how could they do this! they could have just filmed her scenes separately! i’m going to hate this new girl, i know it, cuz Rachelle was PERFECT for the role! ……..i am very depressed now…….. D:

33. I cannot believe Rachelle would have dumped any Twilight series movies in favor of something else. That’s just ludicrous. Eclipse would obviously be a far more important, not to mention lucrative, addition to her acting portfolio than pretty much any other film. And she is always so gracious and friendly to the fans! She played Victoria perfectly, the beautiful, deadly and utterly depraved vampire out for revenge. I smell a rat here. And Summit is the source.

34. Switzerland says:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
    WHYYYYYYYY???
    SHE WAS SO GRREEEAAATTTT!!!!
    WHAT THE HELL SUMMIT!!!
    YOU SHOULD’VE OFFERED HERA RAISE!!!
    RACCHHHEEELLLEEE!!!
    AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
    THIS NEW GIRL BETTER BE TWICE AS GOOD OR SUMMIT MADE A HUUUGGGEEE MISTAKE!!

*rant over*

35. WHAT!?!

36. kehacakes says:

Well, I agree with Jenny, she should have known she was committed to do Eclipse. I feel it is more her fault than Summits, one person can’t screw up scheduling for everyone, then you might lose a more important part of the cast like one of the three leads, who have busy scheldules themselves, So if this is true and she is definitely being replaced, poor choice Rachelle. I feel like she’s abandoned the fans as well. With all of that said. BDH is going to do just fine. It’s better than seeing someone have to replace Edward, Jacob, or Bella.

37. Right when Victoria will get loads of character developement time- Rachelle leaves? I find that really hard to believe. I wonder if they’re just saying this to cover up Slade letting her go. Ballsy.

I’m really dissappointed, and I would hate Rachelle to have CHOSEN to leave, but… I’ve always like Bryce.

I’m just really dissappointed they changed actors. Not good.

38. Devon061381 says:

I am beyond upset. I, too, hate actor changes. Rachelle!!!! I am seriously heartbroken!!! I’m just kind of speechless really and bummed out like you can’t imagine…

39. This just dosn’t add up. there not telling us the whole truth

40. If its due to conflicts, then ok.

41. WHAT!!! THIS IS CRAP!!! I met Rachelle and it was clear she was dedicated and excited to be a part of the twilight stuff

42. this is so upsetting!

43. WHAT?? NOOOOOOOOO……Rachelle is Victoria she can’t leave!! I am sad now…really. I was soo looking forward to her fight with Edward. I feel like the continuity of the films have been lost. Why..why..why? Rachelle if I beg nicely will you come back it won’t be the same with you. I seriously hope there will be NO more cast shakeups otherwise I am gonna throw something at Summit

44. purple. bvff says:

oh dear…. yeah its going to be weird since shes the big bad vampire focal point in the third book but i mean look at the picture! her eyes just screamed victoria for me and i believe we should just “embrace the friend” lol come on people cheer up a lil. ;)

45. Scheduling conflicts? I don’t think so. How could anything be more important than this for Rachelle? This would be like her breakout role starring in Eclipse. I bet you anything they wanted someone who could give the part more depth and be a little more edgy than they thought Rachelle could be.

Honestly, Rachelle was interviewed at Comic Con and seemed excited about Eclipse. I bet this was their little agreement to blame it on scheduling conflicts to let her off the hook lightly.

I do think Bryce will do a great job though.

46. I smell bull$4&*…this is total crap…makes me wonder who they will replace next…it could be any one of the cast…totally screws up the saga, imho.

Vampires don’t change…

47. Ugh, whatever. This sucks. I love Rachelle :-(

48. Paula Graciano says:

What do you mean with that??? Is it really serious? I mean, OMG! How can it be true??? Tell me this is just another lame joke to piss us twifans off. Please, tell me Rachelle did not turn Twilight down. I’m just so damn shocked I can’t even think straight…

49. this is a very very stupid move what the hell are they thinking?! I’m angry. Respect the fans summit and Rachelle we’ve put up with a lot for this franchise and have given a lot for it. Time. Money. And unfailing support. The least you could do is one more f ing scene.

50. yeah well this is typical Hollywood BS. I don’t believe for a minute that Rachelle had other committments beforehand. Like she didn’t know she would be cast in Eclipse, in one of the biggest movie series going right now, or that she would commit to some small unknown film instead. In Hollywood it’s not what you know or how you do, it’s more like who you know. I wonder what exec knows BDH and saw an opportunity to pull some strings. Maybe I’m being cynical, but that’s life in the fast lane. I want Rachelle back.