Melissa Rosenberg: Video The Making of The Twilight Saga

Comments

1. Wow, thanks!! That was very informative.

2. Well, we will just have to seeeee…. LOL., she makes me a little nervous just watching her…not about the movie, just her! she looks very nervous like she drank a redbull!!!

3. Any info on Breaking Dawn?

4. nicoleeeee says:

argghhhh…for some reason every time i here her voice it just irritates me…not her, just her voice haha

5. i think eclipse is gonna be hard to do..its the one with alot of action in it! their all hard to do but just to compare them!!!!

6. Good interview. Thanks for posting it.

7. Twifanatic Amanda says:

Ewwwww MelRose.

8. Mrs.Cope says:

Hmmm, I have to admit this interview changes my opinion of her a little. I really couldn’t stand her before, she’s said too many stupid things in the past. It was very encouraging to hear how much she involves Stephenie. I know they have to pare down the books, there’s so much dialogue, but sometimes I can’t sleep at night worrying about New Moon. There’s dialogue there that is essential and I’m scared she’s going to leave it out. I have a real beef with her about the meadow scene from Twilight. Bella should’ve been touching him, his hands, his arm, and there should’ve been lots of talking instead of the sappy gazing in I’ve-fallen-from-a-plane positions. How hard could it be to have Bella on her side and them talking? I don’t know how much of all that was Melissa or Catherine though. Sorry this is so long, glad to get it off my chest with people who care! LOL

• I totally agree with you regarding the meadow scene. It made me wonder if she had really read the book and not just given it a cursory look. I hope she does justice to Eclispe and Breaking Dawn.

• MRS COPE, I HAD TO AGREE, I KNOW THEY ARE CONDENSING A BOOK, BUT I FELT LIKE THE RELATIONSHIP FEEL OF THE BOOK WAS MISSING FROM TWILIGHT SCRIPT, YOU KNOW THOSE INTIMATE Q & A CONVERSATIONS BETWEEN EDWARD AND BELLA, AND THE CULLEN FAMILY, THEY WERE NOT ESTABLISHED AT ALL–WAYLON THE NON CHARACTER HAD MORE LINES THAN EMMETT OR JASPER- IT COULD HAVE BEEN SO MUCH MORE, SO YEAH, SHE WORRIES ME TOO, BUT MAYBE IF SHE’S REALLY LISTENING TO STEPH THE OTHER MOVIES WILL BE MORE TRUE….I’M LIKE EVERYONE ELSE, JUST SO EXCITED AND HOPEFUL

• sillygirl says:

You took the words right out of my mouth. She REALLY needed to do something with that Meadow scene. I was sooooooo disappointed in it. Bella touches Edward for the first time, they are testing boundaries here. She made the meadow scene look completely lame and awkward!!! This was the start of the story and should have really been the focal point here. K, I’m done know…:)

9. Maelina says:

A bit worried about Eclipse.. I don’t know if the director will be able to change the script like Weitz apparently did if it is needed. I don’t trust Rosenberg. Didn’t she have to write a completely new script for New Moon cause the first wasn’t good? I hope that was just a rumour.. The cast has praised the New Moon script so maybe it really is better than Twilight. Anyway, I’m glad that Stephenie was more involved in the writing this time around.

10. Somehow she bugs me a little but I’m so glad I got to see this. Makes me like her a little more. :) I hope each script just keeps getting better and better!

11. I cant play the interview. Can somebody help???!

• OK, it finally decided to work for me! It was ok. Curious to see how Eclipse will play out. Still a lil skeptical of Rosenberg. But if Steph has a lot of say in the writing process than we really can’t complain. Still can’t wait to see New Moon!!!

• Edward (L) says:

It’s not working for me either :(

12. Michael says:

It is not often I get to hear a screenwriter speak at length the way Melissa did in this interview. What struck me was how articulate she is and how fluid her thoughts are. I am an avid fan of the Saga. I cannot get enough of the story. Every once in a while I read comments from other fans and I am embarrased for them. I realize the average age of the fan is around 14 years old but how can there be so many critics when they themselves cannot write a simple sentence? I hope she gets to write Breaking Dawn. Although my favorite book is Eclipse, I think Breaking Dawn will be the most challenging one to write and direct. I have read/listened to all four books three times and I learn something new each and every time.

• Jennifer says:

Michael: HA! You are spot-on re: being embarassed by the comments of some of these fans: so immature & petty. That is why I usually chose not to read them. They just make groan and shake my head…

13. the video’s not working for me. :(

14. Vivien Pace says:

Very informative. I’m glad she gave credit to Stephanie Meyer, and involved Stephanie in the writing. I’m really hoping they end Eclipse with the wedding. It would be a very romantic ending.
    I think Breaking Dawn should start with Bella as a vampire, and tell of the “honeymoon’ and Renesse’s birth thru the hazy ‘human’ memory. Face it – they have a longgg book to translate to the screen, and keep it PG13.

15. the video doesnt work for me either…. :(

16. same here… the vid doesnt play =[

17. Video doesn’t play! =(

18. yomahmaful says:

Doesn’t work!

19. Amy Darlene says:

so any real additions to Eclipse are Stephenie based…Excellent!!!

20. I’m so excited for the new things in Eclipse we didn’t get in the book YAY and it’s straight from Stephenie so that’s even more exciting then them making crap up !

21. nope I cant get it to work either

22. Amie(vampwolf) says:

I think Rossenberg is a terrible screen writer, they should have had Stephenie write the script.

23. Just now got to watch this. (wouldn’t work when I tried to play yesterday) Thanks so much! I love interviews such as these.

Wish there had been a chance to ask about Breaking Dawn. I get a headache just wondering how that will get adapted. I’m guess for Ms. Rosenberg, her head must nearly explode.

My biggest wish is whether its with Eclipse or BD, we get a movie commentary track with Stephenie and Melissa. That would be amazing to listen to.

24. I think Melissa is a terrible screenwriter and really made Twilight a horrible adaption from book to film. She created scenes that made no sense and took away from the book. I’m sure it is difficult to adapt a book and condense it into a 2-hour or less movie, but she took away everything wonderful in the book, and added cheesy and lame scenes and dialogue. I’m sure Catherine shares the blame here, but I hope she shows more respect to Stephanie in the new film. I hope she doesn’t ruin it, too.

1. [...] the original post on Twilight Lexicon Share and Enjoy: These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and [...]

2. [...] Of ( the folks that did a fabulous interview with Melissa Rosenberg a few months back) wrote in to tell [...]

3. [...] Of ( the folks that did a fabulous interview with Melissa Rosenberg a few months back) wrote in to tell [...]