Stephenie Meyer Deletes Her MySpace

Stephenie updated her website to include the following information (bolding and italics added by us):

“A quick fyi: I am taking down my bloated myspace page. It was a lot of fun while it lasted, and I really miss the early days when I could hang out with people online. Many of you are hilarious and insightful, and I wish it was easier for me to talk to everyone the way I used to.

With the myspace no longer in existence, I can now clearly state that—beside than this website—there is no other outlet where I communicate with people online. I do not have a facebook page, and I have never had one. I don’t do twitter. So if you’re communicating with someone online that you think is me, it’s not.

Hope you all are having a great summer so far! If you’re looking for some beach reading, you might try Rick Riordan’s Percy Jackson and the Olympians series if you haven’t already. My son finally finished book five yesterday so I could read it today. It was a fantastic end to a fantastic series. I tip my hat to you, Mr. Riordan!”

XO
Steph

Comments

1. Why did she delete her myspace? Not that I have myspace, though I’m still curious.

• i am pretty sure she deleted it because all of the comments and messages became things like ‘omg! i LOOVVEEEEE you and your books!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! edward is my FAVORITEEEEEE’ or ‘wtf was with new moon? i hate jacob!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!’ etc, etc. back in the good ol days, when no one knew about twilight, we could comment/message her and she would respond. it was good fun. :] i honestly don’t blame her for deleting it. i’m sure it got to be too much hate mail or crazy tween fan mail, and it loss the true basis of what a myspace is about; talking with friends.

2. sad panda

3. I never went to my space anyway, only here and her official website that Seth runs, although our little Seth, well, lets say, he probably has a life, unlike me, who can’t wait for every little bite. lol come on Seth, give us something good! by the way, that will leave Steph with more time for Lexicon and her site. Win, win.

• agreed –
      I would love for her to be inspired to write more – I am so hungry for more Stephenie Meyer stuff!!!!

• twilight is legandary says:

i soooo agree i read the series like 3 whole times…. it takes me a long time cause my teacher yell at me she all like ” u need to stay on one book ” but im all like “but not Stephenie Meyer books are soooooo boring” i may be exagarating cause it 2:20

4. Sad:( She’s one of my top people.

5. I LOVE THE PERCY JACKSON SERIES!!

6. DONNA31 says:

I don’t blame you, and good luck and best wishes to you steph i hope you enjoy the rest of your summer with your family

7. I just barely read all of the Twilight books because my friend from Florida was gushing about how great they were. (Glad I waited because I’d probably be biting my fingernails in anticipation.) Stephanie is an amazing writer & I hope that she will some day soon continue the saga. She is now my #1 favorite. I am now gushing about her abilities to everyone that I know. She needs to feel the love & disregard the negative.

8. She hasn’t deleted it yet, it’s still up, for now. But all her modules have gone to private.

9. I understand, but that was one place I’d always go for new music suggestions! I love her playlists!! Bummer!

10. Arielle says:

That’s too bad. I wonder why…

11. I don’t have a myspace,but it’s still sad she deleted hers.It’s probably because she got very negative comments or crazy requests or something of that sort.But we love you Steph,so don’t worry about people who speak nonsense because they don’t have a life.

12. amoremorte616 says:

im kinda bummed but I understand why. Theres just too many fans now. She could’t possibly respond to all and after a while it gets tedious. Steph would rather delete it than not use it. I totally get it. I hope once the movies are all finished she can go back to having conversations with fans. Shes such a great person and has dealt with her overwhelming all-of-a-sudden fame very well.

13. I too am reading the Olympians series… they’re pretty good

14. Bummer. Love you, Steph.

15. veronica says:

I can understand Steph but it’s still seems sad. Oh and my cousin was reading the Olympians series and they seem like a good series!

16. Like everybody else I’m thinking why she deleted it probably because a lot of people are trying to communicate with her? Just a speculation…She can still have her own private myspace account though for those people whom she personally knew…

17. It’s sad that Stephenie wants to delete her MySpace, but that’s her choice and I sdon’t think we should question it.

P.S. The Percy Jackson and The Olympians Series is a fantastic book series. I definatly agree with Stephenie there.

18. ILoveEC says:

oh my God! I’m so happy she reccomended the PJ series! They’re awesome! They need more publicity… Thanks Stephenie!

19. Oh the memories of that MySpace page. I rememeber refreshing every .5 seconds for the quotes coundown thing for Breaking Dawn.

20. mrsmkeyman says:

ha i ddnt even noe she had a myspace(:

21. I haven’t been on that Myspace since the BD countdown when I went on like every five seconds…

I agree with her, it sort of became pointless.

P.S. The Percy Jackson series is so great! And Rick Riordan is extremely nice too (he came to my school earlier this year)

22. I’m so psyched that Stephenie Meyer likes PJO! I was introduced to the series by my sisters a few months ago and it is awesome. :D

I do think it’s rather sad that she is removing her myspace though. I always liked trying to be first comment on her bulletins. It never worked…

23. wildfiregirl says:

She probably got sick and tired of everyone spamming her with petitions about DHN (for those who dont know what that stands for; Midnight Sun)…and lets be honest… I would too! the woman needs a break so she can get back into her frame of mind to write.

Sad though now we REALLY have no way of contacting her…

24. So what does she mean by “this website”. The website her brother handles for her at http://www.stepheniemeyer.com says the same thing. lol

• Lomesir22 says:

The Lex is reposting the message, so everyone knows. More people visit the Lex than SteMe’s page. They’re doing this because they’re flooded with emails every day claiming that “Steph said” or “I heard that” and debunking them is a big headache.

• twilight is legandary says:

this website is cool, but they like update it every month and a half? i check once a week,but nothing changes…….sigh…….

25. Lomesir22 says:

Feels like the end of an era. I remember when her Myspace was really small.

26. she most likely just got tired of her myspace. (my sister deletes her facebook all the time)It is understandable considering the fact that she is a very busy woman, and might not have time for the upkeep of it.

27. AlbertaJenn says:

Once your “friends” reach a certain size, it really just becomes another web site; not really a place to communicate with others.

Whether she has a private site on one of the social sites, well, that’s why it’s called private.

I know that an earier post on her site stated that she intended to live as a hermit this year, focusing on her kids and maybe writing.

28. Is anyone else bothered by the “beside than this website” wording? For an author’s page, this just strikes a sour note, on an already disappointing message.

29. Zookie Monster says:

I love the Percy Jackson series!!! The last book was awesome!

30. I’m with Sibby! I always went there when I needed new music or good book recommendations. I’ll miss it!

31. twilight is legandary says:

sad but dont go on my space i honestly dont blame her i personal am not obessed like others, but people are like ” i loooooooooooovvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeee edward ” and”i HATE jacob” but i love them all

32. Jassie J says:

Okay Stephenie deleted her myspace lets look on the bright side. We don’t need to plaug her for what we want in anything else she may write after all she hasn’t disapionted us before in any devolpements (although the growing relationship between Bella and Jacob in new moon did worry me). But now she dosen’t have to sit around reading our commets she has more time to write other novels for us like midnigt sun, hint hint if you are readig this Meyer.