New Moon Clips to Debut on MTV

According to Mark Malken over at E!, New Moon clips will debut at the MTV movie awards. If you remember, last year’s awards was where the ballet studio clip first debuted.  Also, like last year, Robert Pattinson. Taylor Lautner, and Kristen Stewart will be there to present the clip.

The differences this year:

1. Russel Brand won’t be there to interrupt the cast as they speak
  2. Kristen, Rob, and Taylor are all up for MTV awards
  3. Hopefully the backlot won’t catch fire causing multiple security and logistics changes

Speaking of those awards, get voting on MTV! Twilight is a little lacking in the tallies!

Most people think Comic Con was the first time the cast got a taste of the fan interest, the reality was it started on the MTV Movie Awards in 2008. Check out this video from a year ago, before Rob and Kristen fully realized just how passionate the fans were.

Comments

1. wooooooot i will so b watching that

2. Brittany says:

how do you know they’re lacking in the tallies?

• Yeah, i woudl liek to know how thay got ahold of such information as well.

I went to vote for the first time(other times I failed becaseu I didn’t have a MTV account) and i having trouble picking between Twilight and Slumdog Millionare. THey both are great movies.

The best kiss should go to Twilight because everyone else’s was very mild compared to the passion in Twilgiht. But the SlumDM movie does remind me of Sam and Emiliy when he kisses her scar( how cute!)

3. shareen says:

Where do Twilight stand as of now?

4. Julie M. says:

That is going to be awesome. I haven’t watched this award show for years, but I will be this year! :-)

5. sweet, now i really can’t wait till the mtv movie awards!

6. Colleen says:

O.o

*goes to see when show airs*

Whooohooo!!!! lol I cant wait!!!

7. Kristen says:

Where do you find out the tally results?

8. rosewowie says:

How funny are those two together? Beginning Twilight was good…now, it’s CRAZY!

9. YAY!

10. So excited I may pee myself!

11. OME! sooo excited! :o)

12. can’t wait, it will be awesome. weren’t they so cute,
    and talkative! they don’t say as much now

13. I’m so excited you have no idea ! And people LET’S GET VOTING !!!!!

Now that we know they’ll be there let’s vote !!!

14. Just voted but they made me choose between Taylor and Rob! Yeah, I want to know how to view the tallying as well.

15. Sure wish I could figure out how to vote on the mtv site. I see the nominees, but no where to actually CLICK to vote on anything. :( So excited to see the trailer!

16. Hey guys, just a little side note. WHERE IS NEW MOON MONDAY?

I am just saying….

17. Are they even going to be there? Unless MTV told them ahead of time that they were winning something, I don’t see why they should waste their time going especially since they’re coming back from Italy the day before.

• Lots of times celebrities go to these things to help promote their movies and start the hype of what they are working on and are presenters of clips or awards or whatever. And if the only celebrities to show up at the awards were the ones who were going to win something, it would be totally pointless to air the show on television. Its about the excitement of who wins, but most importantly, its about being seen!

18. What’s even better it that the New Moon one-sheet (as in the first poster) will debut tomorrow at 7AM EST!!! I cannot wait

19. Barbara Ann Pattinson says:

OMG!!! I have tickets to go to those awards! I’m leaving on Sunday for Las Vegas/LA….WhooHooo

20. ashley_119882004 says:

I cant wait. I still cant believe they make you chose between Rob & Taylor.

21. How can you tell twilight is behind in the tallys? Where do you find that?

22. Isabella says:

I really can’t wait! They are going to show it in Holland in the beginning of June (so it’s a few days later) and I really can’t wait! :D

23. OH MY GOD. They’re going to show the birthday scene! They have to! Ahhh!

24. This is really exciting! I was already planning on watching the awards because i do every year, but now it’s even more exciting that they are going to show a clip of New Moon! I wonder what clip they are going to show? You’de think it would be something they filmed a while ago, but who knows? I hope it’s something good. Wouldn’t it be awesome if they showed the scene where Edward is leaving Bella? But i doubt they would. Can’t wait. This is bringing my hopes up that they will be showing us clips and such during the summer and fall. I was actually even wondering if they were going to show anything at comic-con, but now i’m not worried. I wonder if they’ll release a official short trailer for us online fans in a couple of months like they did with Twilight? I hope.

25. Julie T. says:

OMG! They are making you vote between Rob and Taylor. How the hell am I suppossed to do that. OMG, I got an idea. I’ll vote twice to choose them both. I hope it is a good scene. When is it though?

• it’s obvious to vote for rob. whether you are a taylor fan or not, jacob was in twilight for like 5 minutes. i wouldn’t call that a breakout role. taylor would deserve that award next year for his role as jacob in new moon.

26. Classic! I saw that interview last year, and the whole time I was wondering what on earth was “Twilight”? Cut to one year later and it’s ALMOST all I think about! LOl, damn.

27. Everyone set their DVR’s!!!!!!!!!!!!

28. Glad they are having Andy Samberg host instead of some hairy beast. One of them is actually funny.

29. http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/twilight_saga_new_moon/news/1821819/new_moon_poster_debuts_tuesday

..so is it true the poster is coming out in the newspaper tomorrow?

30. CeeCee29 says:

I think that you can vote more then once. I have. It didn’t say that I already voted so I guess vote as much as you want. That kiss scene has to win!! It was pretty hot! :)

31. VOTE ROB! NOT TAYLOR, HE HAD 5 LINES. NEW MOON WILL BE HIS TURN TO SHINE, HE CAN HAVE OUR VOTES NEXT YEAR. NEW MOON WILL PRACTICALLY BE HIS ALONE.
    SO VOTE VOTE VOTE, NO ONE PUTS ROB IN A CORNER!

32. when are the awards?

33. OME OME!! Now I’m definetly watching the movie awards. Finally MTV is doing something right. I CAN”T WAIT!!

34. switzgal says:

When is this so I can set my TiVO? Please post the date and time!!!! I’ve been having a Twilight/NM withdrawal since there hasn’t been any new interviews or even pictures!!! UGH I cannot wait!!!!

35. My God, has it been a year? Wow…anyway, I’ll definitely be watching, can’t wait to see New Moon clips! :D

36. Heather says:

Haha ok so i know that a ton of people like Rob. . . but he’s so weird! Like maybe that’s a turn on for some girls but he just seems like a total dork!

Maybe I’m just saying this because I’m a total Taylor fan but after watching this video, idk, he just seems awkward. . .

37. Is there anyway to watch MTV awards online on May 31st?

38. wow i can’t believe it’s been a year since the last mtv awards. seems like yesterday i was all pumped for the never-before-twilight-seen shown during the pre-show.

39. Darn cheap cable! I’ll ask my friend if I can come over. She has MTV. =) I love watching the older interviews. =) They still fascinate me.

40. This is one awards show where Twilight has a chance of not just winning, but sweeping!!! Slumdog was clearly a better movie, but the Oscars was their time to shine. Show the world that Twilighters are a force to reckon with and vote EVERYAY!!!

41. U GUYS GO TO PEREZHILTON.COM THE NEW MOON POSTER HAS BEEN LEAKED AND HE HAS IT!!! ITS THE 1ST POST!!! SOOOO EXCITED FOR NEW MOON!!

42. Catherine says:

aw i love that video of them! they’re so candid :D