In order to celebrate Stephenie Meyer’s sci-fi novel, The Host, a bunch of sites are participating in a blog tour. For our day on “tour” we thought we’d celebrate with love letters written between the major characters in the love quadrangle. We’ll put up the best four letters on our tour day which is June 1st, and you’ll receive a copy of The Host and some great merchandise from our CafePress store as your prize if your letter wins. Here’s how to enter:
1. Write a love letter from one The Host character to another.
2. You can write from either the male or female perspective in the following pairings:
-Jared and Melanie
-Ian and Wanda
3. There is no minimum length, but the maximum length is 200 words.
4. Each entry must be written letter style with a greeting and closing. The greeting (Dear Whoever) and the closing (Love Whoever) don’t count as part of the 200 words.
5. The love letter may take place in any time period past, present, or future.
6. The winner in each pairing (in other words 4 winners–giving prizes to one male and one female perspective letter in each pairing) will receive a copy of The Host and merchandise from the Lexicon Cafepress Shop (TBA).
7. Send your entries to email@example.com
8. The subject of the email must have the pairing listed in the following way:
Jared to Mel
Mel to Jared
Ian to Wanda
Wanda to Ian
9. Any questions, post them on this entry because chances are someone else has the same question and the info could help them.
10. Entries are due by 11:59 pm EST May 25, 2009.