Alex Meraz Gets Hard Time From Fan

It seems that someone was having a little trouble separating truth from fiction. According to E! a fan seemed to think Alex was actually Paul.

“Someone started yelling at me because they didn’t like my character,” Meraz told us last night at a Carrera Vintage Sunglasses party at the Chateau Marmont hotel.

“I play a bad boy, so she got mad at me,” he added. “She said, ‘I hate you, Paul!’ That was the craziest thing for me—being confused for a character.”

With any luck  this fan won’t stumble on any of the Volturi, we can only imagine her reaction.

Comments

1. Mandee says:

Ok now that gives all the fans a bad name. Sorry but I cringe when I hear stories like these.

2. Bella Jane says:

That is what annoys me the most about fangirls…read the memo people, these are actors. don’t take it out on them if you hate their character.

• I know, now I feel almost ashamed to call myself a Twilight fan. There are just some fans who make us look bad and frankly, it’s embarrassing!

• SparklesorSpaceheater says:

I’m not embarrassed or anything…but it is annoying. I used to be that crazy…I planned on meeting Taylor and slapping him for kissing Bella…then I was like, ‘he’s to fudging hot to slap!!’ and decided I would NOT do that(though I sometimes accidetnally say the characters names when I mean them…lol)

3. rovity says:

LOL….crazy people!

4. Sensei says:

Oh dear… Maybe this person SHOULD meet some of the actors portaying the Volturi. Then maybe she’s run away in fear and never return.

5. R Cullen (for edward only) says:

this is just crak up
    haha….i no it is bad…..but if i was her..i might hav reacted th same way

6. Brianna says:

Dear Alex Meraz,

LMAO! Who cares? Thats what fame is about. People either love you or hate you for your body of work…maybe you should have picked a different career. All I know is that you should be excited someone recognized you in the first place. And I want to add, I don’t like Paul either but you are really hott without a shirt my friend! So in the end, I’m okay with you!

7. mdazzled says:

Wow. That is one Twilighter who needs to step back and have a reality check.

8. Haylee says:

Haha! What a tool!
    That last sentence made me laugh:

“With any luck this fan won’t stumble on any of the Volturi, we can only imagine her reaction.”

I can imagine :P

9. atta boy, Alex… killin’ ‘em with kindness.

10. *sigh*…what an idiot. (Not Alex, the fan)

11. Jovanna says:

psycho…

12. Cappie says:

Honestly…that is an incredibly stupid thing to do. That’s like all of the Edward lovers going up to Taylor and telling him that they despise him. If you don’t like a character, don’t actually tell the actor portraying that character that you hate them! How rude and ungrateful. Alex will do a great job playing Paul. I do have a thing for bad boys! :)

13. Ugh. That girl needs to have a good slap round the face.

14. papermoon says:

*shakes head with embarrassment*

15. Hold on a minute….-excuses self from space- HAHAHAHA!! Oh! That is RICH! XD

Oh, those fangirls…gotta love their furiousness. I don’t think that I could address someone portraying a book character by their book name….when I met Nikki and Kristen, I didn’t call them Rose and Bella (then again, I didn’t speak much ;D). But I think I can tell the difference between fictional characters and real, flesh-and-blood people.

Poor Alex, though. I would’ve been kind of like, “Uh, what did I do?” To distract her, I would’ve just taken off my shirt. XD

Ugh. Imagine if she were Team Edward and she met Dakota. Poor girl probably would’ve been jumped. Thank goodness for body guards. ;D

16. I LOVE you Paul..yes I know it’s Alex but it’s Paul in my dreams :)

17. crazy4more says:

The FANS, got to love them! all I can say is, the wolf pack is making blushed. Thank you for doing the things you do, it can’t be easy heating up the screen for us fans.

18. Poor guy! This fan is NOT a valid representation of the Twilight Fandom!

19. *shakes head with embarrassment*

20. that girl didn’t have to say anything,just keep her mouth shut.

21. leahluli says:

Wow. Looks like a roundhouse kick to the face is needed here. Haha, it would be hilarious to see if she ran into Dakota Fanning or something. “JANE, I HATE YOU SO MUCH!”

22. I really don’t get this.. what is there to hate about Paul? That he almost attacked Bella? Maybe she hates him for being a tertiary character??

1. […] the original post on Twilight Lexicon Share and Enjoy: These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and […]