Twilight Teens Don’t Twitter

We were pretty baffled by this article. We have over 3,000(well looks like we went up a lot recently) 4,000 people following our Twitter, many of them are teens. After a quick glance at the fake Stephenie Meyer Twitter, it’s obvious that a lot of those being duped (a staggering 29,000) are teens.

There are even more teens sucked in by multiple fake Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson, Ashley Greene and Kellan Lutz accounts. It seems to us a better question might be: “How to help teens determine an authentic Twitter.” not “Would Teens Twitter for Twilight?”

So, just to check if we are way off-base on this one, we have a couple of questions:

1. Do you Twiiter?
  2. Do you follow us on Twitter?
  3. Who besides friends do you follow on Twitter?

Comments

1. yes i do, and yes i follow you guys…and i follow gossip blogs, people that work on mtv, cnn, and the rest are celebs besides postsecret and fml (and friends of course)

• I like all of the fake..Edwards..Bellas and Twilight sites. They seem to know about whats going on with “New Moon”. The fake ones usually will tell you that they are fake, their all big fans.

2. KarlaCullen says:

That’s crazy!
    I get like ALL my Twilight info from twitter!

3. AnnieCullen says:

Yes I do follow the lexicon the Twitter.
    The official Twitter of Chicago Sports Teams,Perez Hilton,Kim Kardashian,Ashton Kutcher,CNN,Chicago’s RED EYE newspaper,Phillip DeFranco,Lucas(Fred),NKOTB,BSB,Oprah,Tyra,American IDOL,Obama,and various music artists and other celebs lol. (oh and friends and fam)

4. I get all my news from twitter.
    I do twitter.
    And yes, i follow.
    I also follow:
    RPattzNews
    Hisgoldenyes
    Bellaandedward
    NewMoonMovie
    and KalebNation

5. I Twitter. I follow you on Twitter. And, other than friends, I follow Shaq, Tina Fey, and Ellen. I also follow TwilightersAnonymous and the Today Show.

6. Alu Rathbone says:

1. Do you Twiiter? Yes
    2. Do you follow us on Twitter? Yes, but I don’t want to see things non twilight related in those twitters… such as things about Brook Sheilds (what the F was that about… put that on your personal twitter please!)
    3. Who besides friends do you follow on Twitter? CNN, WGN (Chicago TV station), CDC, all my Twilight Academy Acquaintances! And those who add me.

7. Yes, I twitter, and yes, I follow the Lex (that’s actually how I found this article!). I joined Twitter to enter the Twilight Guy’s Twitter contests, but I also follow some of my favorite celebrities, movies/TV shows, and a couple people I actually know. Most of my friends aren’t on Twitter, though. I don’t really see the point of it, but it is kinda fun to see what Kevin Smith is thinking.

8. I follow you on twitter as well.
    I follow a few musicians/bands, authors, a couple other fansites & some of my friends.

9. Yes
    And others include, but are not limited to:
    Ellen DeGeneres
    Perez Hilton
    Pink
    Carey Hart (of Hart and Huntington Tattoo)
    Kaleb Nation
    New Moon Movie
    Buck Hollywood
    etc, etc, etc.

10. Of course i twitter thats basically all i do except for checking on the twilight websites for anything new. so duh!! i follow you guys as well as other fansites and bands

11. No, I have no interest in Twitter whatsoever.

12. heavenlysamuraigirl says:

I’m still trying to figure out what Twitter is!

13. 1. No

14. runswiththewolves says:

I’m 19 and I don’t twitter. I think it’s silly.

15. Andrea says:

Yes I follow you, and some other twilight fan sites. I also have random celebs that have been verified. I follow a few fake twilight stars too but they say they are fake, its somewhat like fanfiction really. They are entertaining.

16. Alyssa says:

Yup, I twitter, and I’m following you and all my fav Twilight sites (HGE, TA, Kaleb, LetterstoTwilight, Twilight Source, Laurensbite). Also other things non-Twilight, like The Office, Dane Cook, Mugglenet, TomFelton, Ingrid Michaelson, etc.

17. mdazzled says:

1. Heck yes! I LOVE Twitter!
    2. Yep…that’s how I saw this article!
    3. CNN, Ashton Kutcher, Demi Moore, both of the Nations, His Golden Eyes, Rob Pattinson Fans, Perez Hilton, MTV Movies, Michael Sheen, Jamie Campbell Bower, Lauren Conrad, Stephen Colbert, Hugh Jackman, Jimmy Fallon, Rainn Wilson and Sockington the cat. Just to name a few.

18. Stefanie says:

-Yes I twitter.
    -I’m currently following the lexicon on twitter.
    -I’m following an interesting array! lol I’m following the twilight lexicon and twilight source…Perez Hilton for my celeb gossip…Sacha Baron Cohen’s character Bruno…british standup comedian Russell Brand…Jimmy Fallon…Andy Samberg, Jorma, and Akiva’s comedic band (think SNL sketches) The Lonely Island…Paula Abdul (love Idol!!), some people who randomly found me through twitter, and a friend from real life. lol. Oh twitter…

19. Stefanie says:

-Yes I twitter.
    -I’m currently following the lexicon on twitter.
    -I’m following an interesting array! lol I’m following the twilight lexicon and twilight source…Perez Hilton for my celeb gossip…Sacha Baron Cohen’s character Bruno…british standup comedian Russell Brand…Jimmy Fallon…Andy Samberg, Jorma, and Akiva’s comedic band (think SNL sketches) The Lonely Island…Paula Abdul (love Idol!!), the band Hanson, some people who randomly found me through twitter, and a friend from real life. lol. Oh twitter…

20. starific says:

1. Nope, no interest in it whatsoever.
    2. Nope, just through rss feeds.
    3. I only follow Twilight sites through rss feeds through my Google reader.

21. Lucy Cotterill says:

I’m not really a teen either at 26 but I use twitter a lot! I follow twilight lexicon as well as my friends, my local news and papers and work related topics. I work for an IT firm so we were actively encouraged to use twitter x

22. yes i twitter and i follow lexicon and hisgoldeneyes. i also follow the fakerpattz because he/she pretends to be rob and its hilarious. i also know a few people that are following lexicon on twitter.

23. Noooo! Can’t cope! M not a teen either. But I do need to work on my own life which is at this point a lot more crazy after ‘Twilight’ and from already frenzied following of all the feeds through Yahoo & Google!

24. Kathleen says:

Yes I follow Lexicon and I also follow alot of the fake Twilight stars…you can pick up some interesting articles from them.
    I’m sure if Robert or Kristen had a Twitter, they would use an alias. That way who would know if they talked to each other or not.
    Also, I have heard Robert say that he does surf the net for the Twilight gossip…so who knows maybe he will read the fakes too.
    Just a thought.

25. Yolande Sellwood says:

Yes I follow twitter and solely for the purpose of following the updates from twilight lexicon and I also folloow the characters of the twilight game Olympia (I think it’s called). I’m ashamed to say that I so not a tween, far from it, but I am definitely an obsessed Twilight fan and love all the updates, photos etc.

26. Yes I use Twitter. I follow you guys. Other than friends I also follow Kaleb Nation, Kelsey Dettman, Ashton Kutcher, Demo Moore, Hugh Jackman, Miley Cyrus, Andy Samberg, Castledoor, Bryan Brinkman, Barack Obama, Smallworlds, Jeff Dye, Brooke White, Blake Lewis, and Jack Box.

27. 'Laina says:

Do you Twitter? Why yes, I do!
    Do you follow us on Twitter? Indeed!
    Who besides friends do you follow on Twitter? Pete Wentz, Bowling for Soup, Jaret Reddick, Jamie Campbell Bower, Stephen Fry, Attack!Attack! and Kawaii Not (the comic).

28. Sakura says:

Yes! I tweet! I tweet a lot in fact!
    I’m a proud follower of the Twilight Lex on twitter!
    I’m also following teh epic Kaleb Nation, his equally epic bro Jaden, SnowWight (Melanie of M^2 productions) and a bunch of Twilight RPG-ers…

29. not a teen seeing as i’m in my 20′s but i do tweet and i do follow the lexicon but other than laurens bite its the only twilight thing i follow. i also follow russell brand, jonathan ross, neil gaiman, dave mckean, diablo cody and some other famous folk that are interesting.

30. Midnight_Melody says:

I twitter.
    I follow you, and I allso follow KalebNation and Filmweb_no(a Norwegian movie news page)

31. Envy loves Wrath says:

Nope. Never twittered before.

32. Meghan says:

Yes I do twitter, I do follow the Lex. I mostly follow a couple Twilight related blogs and a few other miscellaneous groups or people.

33. Rachel M. says:

Yes, I Twitter.
    And yes, I follow the Lexicon, among others.

34. deydey says:

Yeah, I’m on Twitter too but it’s only for Twilight stuff! I’ve got over like idk 500 friends on hotmail and NOBODY is on Twitter! :o

35. Danny Chipman says:

I avoid Twitter like the plague. Bad enough I caved for Facebook. The Lexicon is all I need for Twilight news. You guys are great!

36. Hello,

Yes I do twitter and I love it, it keeps me up to date. No I can’t say I follow you all, however if I knew what your name is on there I would. I don’t follow any friends, I follow Twilight stuff, Actors, and ones that keep me up to date on all the news!! Have a fantastic day!

37. To correct myself, yes I do follow you all, I didn’t realize it before, but I am!

38. Colleen says:

Yes, I’m a teen and I twitter proudly lol. Yup, I follow you guys, almost religiously lol. I also follow A Fine Frenzy, Sara Bareilles, twilighters.org, modcloth.com, kalebnation, paramore, Bailey (nomoremarbles) Dane Cook, Rupert Grint, Brooke Fraser, Craig from EIP, I Felt Hope official twitter (an Ashley/Alice & Jackson/Jasper site) and Pattinson Anonymous. Woo, too many twitters, so little time. And too many T words….

39. Isabella says:

I don’t Twitter.. (so that practically answers all your questions :P)

40. i just started a twitter account and i’m following the lexicon, and also twilightguy and hisgoldeneyes

41. I am not a teenager.
    I do use Twitter.
    I don’t follow the Lex on Twitter.
    Besides family and friends, I follow a couple of Broadway shows and the official Obama tweets.

42. Yes, I do have a Twitter and follow you guys. Besides friends? Um, I guess FML, and a few news sites. Not really anything Twilight related unless you count Kaleb Nation and NoMoreMarbles. I only get my Twilight news from the Lexicon ’cause you’re the most reliable and you don’t spread rumors. I don’t trust anyone else :p

43. SophiePattinson says:

Yes! I follow you!
    I follow perez hilton, lauren conrad, ashton kutcher, kalebnation and heidi and spencer pratt :)

44. tndancer8 says:

I’m 19 and I don’t twitter. I think it is kind of stupid.

45. i’m 23 and I twitter, yes I follow you, and twilghters.org, twilight-gossip, and newmoonmovie.org. along with other non related twilight stuff(harrypotterfans,johnnydeppnews, a few REAL celebrities, and my friends of course)

46. oh and kalebnation of course :-)

47. xI-MustBeDreamingx says:

I’m 17 and I don’t Twitter. I think it’s kind of lame.
    I can keep up with the latest Twilight news just by checking here ^-^

48. Nichole says:

Yes I Twitter..yes I follow you…I also follow Ryan Seacrest, Perez Hilton, Some other Authors that I love reading and other celebrities..not much…only 12… I just started and I’m already addicted…

49. NO,NO, and NOBODY!!!

Not a single person i know uses twitter, nor would we ever. From what we can tell, it’s basically for egocentric celebraties who think people care about they doing and other pathetic wannabes who are attempting to reclaim their youth and have decided to jump on on the bandwagon.

50. saoirse says:

I only have twitter to get fast new moon news lol I follow you guys, kaleb and Jaden, newmoonnews, the script and coldplay and nomoremarbles