Robert Pattinson Presents with Amanda

Rob and Amanda presented a retrospective look a romance movies of 2008 with Twilight and Amanda’s Momma Mia included in the montage. They did a pretty good job with some painful dialog about each of them finding true love despite their respective characters being a vampire and having three fathers.

Rob’s presentation was just fine even though he was nervous. He had previously told Ryan Seacrest on the red carpet, “I did a rehearsal and messed it up. I am probably going to be the letdown of the entire show.”

What sounded like a track from U2’s new album No Line on the Horizon Lovers In Japan by Coldplay underscored the segment. TY to Wendy for the correction!

Video footage by Pwned by Twilight.

Fortunately Rob’s infamous beanie stayed at home…or was on loan to Phillip Seymour Hoffman.

Comments

1. it was a coldplay song called lovers in japan

2. rob looked so awkward!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but good looking as always

3. SpiderMonkey says:

he just seemed nervous, as he usually does. but he didn’t seem as bad as usual, I was happy :) lol

4. ...@_@..... says:

OME!! he needed more air time….but he was looking all mysterious and darkish…LOVE HIM!!!!!

5. holy crap did you see how many times Twilight scenes were in the montage to romantic movies in 2008??!!! That was incredible!!!

6. Ashaleighhh says:

he did such a good job and didn’t screw up like he thought he was going to!

7. Wow. That was short. :(

8. Mollie Kate says:

I fell out of my chair multiple times. He was like…just WOAH. AND DID YOU SEE THAT HAIR?!

9. the track was “Lovers In Japan”, it’s by Coldplay :)

10. aww, he looked great. I loved the “I had to become a vampire to find the right girl” part. :)

11. When they announced his name, I screamed. :)

12. HOLY CRAP!! i can’t stop screaming. Rob did GREAT, and he even looked good! LOVIN the hair. I haven’t liked his hair since he was done with twilight, and now its PERFECT.

13. I know I loved that part too nicole.

14. I know His Hair is PERFECT! I just wanted to be there so i could scream and hug him.

15. Miss Switz says:

Ohhhhhh Myyyyyyy Goshhhhhhhhhhhh did you freakin see HIM!?? He was sooooooo cuuuteeee!!!!!!

16. I was going to let ya’ll know it was Coldplay but I see you’ve already gotten jumped ;) lol

I thought Rob was great! He didn’t flub any of his lines which he predicted to Ryan Seacrest he would, haha.

17. Mollie Kate says:

When he delivered that vampire line, I squealed. HE LOOKED SO INTENSE IT WAS LEGIT

18. Sounds like it was a success. Does anyone have the video of it?

19. omg! so i absolutely LOVE you guys for being so speedy with linking everything!!! <3

20. He looked SOOOOOO good! & in the words of my friend Holly, he had bedroom eyes!!! He did look so intense!

21. thanks for the video…is there one yet with the montage as well? i was putting my son to bed and missed it

22. Aww, he did a good job. I was nervous for him, but he is such a trooper!

23. Is it just me or was Rob channeling Zoolander with his Blue Steel look during that presentation?

24. ome!! i love rob!! when he was up there, i was getting nervous for him!! lol but he is perfect and i love the vampire thing at the end :)

25. Mary Alice Cullen says:

they took the video off :(. Can you link to another one?

26. He did awesome!! Yes he was nervous, but he wouldn’t be Rob without a little awkwardness =D

27. Zookie Monster says:

OMG! I was so happy he presented! I screamed at the top of my lungs when he came on! I was so happy! I hadn’t been that excited since the midnight premiere of Twilight! I was sad he wasn’t on for that long…
    I don’t like Amanda that much, except in Mean Girls…I’d rather have Kristen up there :/ Oh well…
    YAAAAYYY HEATH GOT SUPPORTING ACTOR! Everyone knew that, though…Lol.

28. It was so cute that he was nervous even though none of us would love him any less if he did. And of course it was perfect! :)

29. * if he did mess up.

30. I saw him present and noticed he was doing his edward Cullen/Vampire stare. For some reson I couldn’t stop laughphing case it look a little weird without the Vampire make-up. Did anybody else notice or was it just me?

31. Robert was a very good presenter despite his obvious nerves. I think it was good for him to present with Amanda; she kept him in check :]

Their little segment was cute!

32. Does anyone know who Rob came with? I must know!

33. Awwww poor Rob! I can’t believe Ryan! Rob shouldn’t just be defined as Edward Cullen, I know Twilight is his big thing, but the movie is old news; Ryan shouldn’t have talked to him like that’s the only thing he’s done.

Anyway I think he did a good job! =)

34. Ryan S. is a d-bag. serves him right when Brad/angelina snubbed him at an awards show…not that i’m a fan of brangelina (overrated).

Anyways, Rob is adorable and will always look hot no matter what =)

35. Aww… he did well under the circumstances. I didn’t watch any of the awards show; I can’t stand all that cheesy dialogue they have the presenters say. Thanks for posting the video; I knew I could count on the Lexicon!

36. Thank God for DVR and being able to rewind live TV over and over again! Go back and watch the video of him presenting again, and (if you can stand to look away from him for a second) watch how Amanda Seyfreid is reacting to him…I can’t say I would have held it together so well, but it’s obvious she’s about to come apart at the seams!!! Cracks me up when she has to pull her lips between her teeth to keep from her cheeks cracking from smiling so big! I feel ya, Amanda.

37. guess who’s sitting behind mickey rourke!!!!?
    ohhh robert <3

38. Did you see Rob at the back of Mickey Rourke during the ‘Best Actor’ part? I love the fact that they (Oscar ppl) chose a camera angle of Rourke where you can CLEARLY see Pattinson at the back! Coincidence? hahahha

I was looking at Pattinson (of course) the whole time =D

I knew there’s a reason why I kept watching this show even after Rob ‘presented’!

39. @ shavei7 – don’t worry! my eyes were in the sameee place! lol
    i really love the oscars this year, I think they put on a darn good show. it’s usually about as fun as watching paint dry, but I’m enjoying it. i guess robert can also be thanked for a part of that lol

40. yeA I AGREEA WITH U UP THERE

41. I sat through most of Seacrest and but still managed to miss Rob. Don’t know why my family thought they had to have dinner tonight!! Loved his presentation, though, and for the first time, loved that they were giving Mickey Rourke screen time. I stared at Rob the whole time.

42. I was watching Robert behind Mickey the entire time as well. He looks so good… already cleaned up for New Moon.

Also, it looks like he brought his mother. Look at the woman to his right. Looks very motherly and he was leaning to that side. He is such a great son.

43. Twilight Nymph says:

I Know I saw him like a total of five times (I think) behind Mickey, which was awesome, but when he was up there presenting the romance movies of 2008, it was awesome. Sure it looked like he felt awkward, but I just loved when he said, “I had to become a Vampire to find the right woman”. That was awesome. Oh, and yeah I agree he is totally ready for New Moon.

44. He brought a blonde women that looked at least 10 years older than him, I’m guessing its his mom or older sister. And I thought it was funny how he had no clue he was on camera behind mickey rorke and seemed happy for him. He was really nervous, I think thats partially what he draws from to get his vampire broodyness because he says Kristen intimidates him heh.

45. And, since I’m being a dork and rewinded the DVR, did anyone else notice that Rob kinda mirrors Micky’s body language- same smile, same expression, hand in same place- for most of the introduction thing. I thought that was amusing.

46. R Cullen (for edward only) says:

no…i actually didnt notice wat Emily W says….
    ya…they do…..
    th benie was just crake up….
    rob i thought looked lik he was trying to remember wat to say next!!!!!!!!!!!
    he looked preety lost!!!!

47. www. youtube .com / watch?v=5-qYcD0lgbY

that link has the full montage

48. Alu Rathbone says:

So I’m catching the end of the Oscars, cause I was busy all day… and forgot they were on… and they were awarding best leading role. And they were showing Mickey Rourke, and my mom goes….

“Hey, Bells,” yeah she calls me Bells, “Your boyfriend is on the t.v.”

And me who wasn’t even paying attention to the man behind Rourke goes…

“Umm, eww.”

“Roberts behind Mickey and he is in Edward mode tonight.”

“So thats what Edward would look like if he ever went to the Oscars.” Was my response.

49. Alu Rathbone says:

And maybe can we get the chance to see the whole clip… not just the beginning… that would be cool!

1. [...] the original post on Twilight Lexicon Share and Enjoy: These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and [...]