Happy Thanksgiving

For those of you out there celebrating Thanksgiving today have a great day and safe travels.  There will probably limited news today as it is a holiday but here’s we what we have so far.

EW has a new Cover Story on Twilight.  The article discussses the success of the movie and looks to New Moon.  Look for the magazine on stands on Friday.

The nation’s No. 1 motion picture will come to life in Dallas next summer, as five stars of the film “Twilight” have now confirmed their attendance at the US’s largest fan convention dedicated to the Stephenie Meyer’s series of books by the same name.
Peter Facinelli – starring as Dr. Carlisle Cullen in the fall blockbuster; and Jackson Rathbone – who portrays Jasper Hale– will join Kellan Lutz (Emmett Cullen), Ashley Greene (Alice Cullen) and Mike Welch (Mike Newton) at TwiCon ’09 — which will be held July 30-Aug. 2, 2009 at the Sheraton Dallas Hotel and Convention Center.  TwiCon managing partner Becky Scoggins already predicts more cast to appear.

Organizers of TwiCon have also announced that 250 of the more than 2,500 registrants expected to attend may participate in an exclusive meet and greet with the special guests. These coveted spots are available to those who have fully paid their $255 fee for the four-day convention.

TwiCon’s meet and greet event during the conference is completely full!  We are thrilled to see such excitement from the fans about meeting our special guests and the cast from Twilight.  If you weren’t able to sign up for the meet and greet event, don’t fret!  There will be a plethora of opportunities to meet and rub elbows with the cast and our other guests, including autographing and professional photo opportunities as well as an exclusive Q&A panel open to all of our attendees!  More details about these opportunities will be posted on TwiCon’s website soon, so keep checking in!

Other recent announcements about TwiCon:
The Mitch Hansen Band, which recently released a new album, will be a headlining artist at the convention. To celebrate its inclusion in TwiCon, the band and its record label, Harper Music, are sponsoring a Dazzling and Twilight-filled contest with multiple winners of the new Mitch Hansen Band CD and a Grand Prize Winner who will find themselves at the TwiCon event receiving the VIP treatment of a lifetime. More details regarding the album release and contest details are available at www.twilightmusicanddownloads.com.

Single tickets are now available for TwiCon 2009’s premiere event, the Volturi Masque Ball! Fans who are unable to attend the full conference or wish to attend as an escort for a full registrant can pay $99 for the Ball-only ticket. A ticket to the ball is included in the full conference registration fee.

Two holiday incentives have been announced:

• Registrants who pay for their full-conference registration between Nov. 21 and Dec. 15 will receive a free TwiCon T-shirt – which is guaranteed to arrive by Dec. 24. Promotional shirts are in size L only.
  • Registrants who sign up together in pairs or groups between Nov. 21 and Dec. 15 will receive a $40 discount toward their hotel room bill at the Sheraton Dallas Hotel. See www.TwiCon.org for details.

Finally, TwiCon fans may purchase their own collectible official conference T-shirt for $15.99 plus shipping! Visit www.TwiCon.org and follow the link to buy your shirt.

Popstaronline as a quick interview with Taylor and Jackson.  Check out their message to the fans.

Comments

1. This is so great! i loved the movie!!

2. Wow what a FANTASTIC EW interview! I was surprised to hear the CHardwicke hasn’t signed on yet to do New Moon. I thought it was really aweful for the exec to say that they really don’t need a bigger budget for NM because TW’s buget was small and look at the return it got. *Seech*

If he doesn’t give it the money it NEEDS to stand up next to other action movies, then it’s going to bomb. I think TW did so well, not because it was successfully done, rather because the book was very successful and everyone wanted to see that success on screen.

They NEED the money, otherwise I will be lead to believe that the execs are concerned only with how much money they can stuff in their pockets rather than saving face amongst their piers in the field and have the passion and desire to produce something really great and which renders equal to that of their rivals.

3. awww, they r so sweet !x

4. This is going to sound really weird, but what does thanksgiving celebrate?

5. Edward Cullen is Smelxy (Smells good and sexy) says:

Yay!
    Jacksper and Taylor =]

6. Maddie Cullen says:

Has anyone seen how much crap hottopic has now??

OMG it’s amazing!

7. Maddie Cullen says:

and thanksgiving celebrates this huge feast that the colonists in america had with the native americans hayley, its not weird to ask lol.
    It’s just a day where we give thanks for the things we have and we just… eat a bunch of food with friends and family. kind of an odd holiday if you ask me but hey, we get 3 days off from school.

8. Nicky Michelle says:

I dont think anyone noticed, but Jackson called Jasper ‘Jasper Cullen’. Cullen is not Jasper’s last name! Its Hale! I mean come on! You dont even know your own character’s last name?! Honestly…Plus it would be weird for Jasper and Alice to be dating if both of their last names were Hale. Even if everyone did know they were adopted. It would be too weird. Get your facts straight dude!

-Nickyy

9. Nicky Michelle says:

I meant if both of their last names were Cullen. woops!

10. that magazine is mine yay twilight i’m so happy i’m gonna cry can’t wait til new moon

11. Devon061381 says:

to elaborate on the history of Thanksgiving, the colonists that came over from England/Holland were escaping religious persecution, and when they arrived in what is now Massachusetts, their numbers started dwindling due to sickness and inability to harvest crops. They eventually “befriended” the Native Americans in the area who showed them how to successfully plant/harvest, and basically they got together at the end of the harvest to celebrate the bounty and give thanks. So to commemorate that, we celebrate Thanksgiving Day and traditionally have foods that would be harvested at this time of year, and it’s all regional, “American” food (I mean, native to this country). President Lincoln made it a national holiday in 1863, during our Civil War.

So we feel thankful for everything we have and then we get down to important business: that of stuffing our faces :)

12. JENNYLEE I agree!!! What was he saying? They NEED more money for New Moon, there are some major special effects in it! They should read some fan comments, tons of people are saying “well the effcts weren’t that good, but New Moon will have a bigger budget so it’s okay!” A lot of people are excusing some of the mistakes in Twilight because of the small budget. New Moon has to clean up some of those mistakes or people are going to be very upset/disappointed. I sure hope that, that Exec. guy and everyone he works with understands what a big deal this project is. I mean I thought we showed them with our dedication to this movie……..
    Anyway I love Taylor and Jackson and I am very excited for New Moon and I’m sure it’ll be great =) HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL TWILIGHTERS I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!!!

13. @ Nicky Michelle: I’m pretty sure I read somewhere to make it less confusing in the movie just to have Jasper be a Cullen, not a Hale. I think for the people who hadn’t read the books who were going to see the movie, at least. It’s not really a big deal, or anything. I don’t mind. The fandom still knows his last name is Hale. I also think SM mentioned somewhere that it didn’t matter what Jasper’s last name was. It could be Cullen OR Hale. They change their names everytime they move, or something to that effect. IDK, just thought I’d throw that out there. :)

14. so what he made a mistake on the name, freak out, at least he isnt a crazed, obsessed fan like some…I would have done the same problem becuz i always say the cullens like most people not the cullens and the hales

15. they’re so nice :)
    aww i love them :D

16. I completely agree with you, Chela85.

I couldn’t have said it better!!!!

Catherine? Are you reading this thread??

17. Movies was awesome i loved jasper so much! And roberts edward was perfect! alioce wa smy fav too lol actully everyone was amazing lol!

18. Taylor & Jackson yay!! :) Love their enthusiasm. I can’t wait to see them in action in the next 2 films~! <33333

19. About the EW article – “But the studio still hasn’t confirmed whether the rest of the cast will be brought aboard for New Moon.”

I hope this doesn’t mean that a character will be RE-CAST. I don’t really like that – it’s really confusing. But if it’s like, they may cut a character out based on whats best for the movie, that’s cool.

Obviously they won’t replace Kristen or Robert. THAT would be just nuts.

20. WHILE TALKING ABOUT THANKSGIVING:
    im thankful for-
    EDWARD CULLEN
    TWILIGHT
    BELLA CULLEN
    KELLAN LUTZ/EMMETT CULLEN
    TAYLOR LAUTNER
    CARLISLE CULLEN/PETER FACINELLI!!!!!!!!!!!

21. AND Nicky Michelle:
    YOUR THE ONE THAT DOESNT KNOW WHAT UR TALKING ABOUT. IT IS JASPER CULLEN. THEY JUST PRETEND ITS JASPER HALE SO HUMANS WONT THINK ITS WEIRD THAT HE IS MARRIED TO ALICE.

22. Jennylee:
    I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU, IM AFRAID CATHERINE HARDWICKE WONT SIGN UP FOR new moon BECAUSE THE PEOPLE FROM SUMMIT WONT EXTEND THE BUDGET AND IT WILL BE REALLY HARD TO MAKE NEW MOON WITH A 30 MILLION BUDGET.THANKS TO SUMMIT EDWARD LOOKED LIKE HE WAS SWEATING!!!!!!!!!
    EVERYONE:CATHERINE HARDWICKE DID THE BEST
    SHE COULD WITH TWILIGHT AND IT WAS GREAT, BUT IF YOUR GOING TO POINT FINGERS AT ANYONE ABOUT THE SUCKY SPEACIAL EFFECTS , POINT TO SUMMIT.

23. Mary Alice Cullen says:

Way till 2010 is such a long time why not 2009??? I’m going to cry in New Moon when Edward leaves. I cried when i watched Twilight but the were “I can’t believe i’m actually watching it tieres”.
    Does any one know when the dvd is going to come out?

24. I’m very disappointed to hear that such smart actors like Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart are smokers. Such a horrible habit to start at such a young life. I think lots of teenagers look to these two as role models. Regardless if the actors wanted this or not. We all know how easily teenagers can be influenced. It’s sad to think that even after 40 to 50 years of the surgeon generals warning that smoking can kill, that people still need to feel that hiding behind a cigarette makes them cool and edgy. I’ve been trying to figure out what other reasons people start smoking, can’t come up with too many more. Let’s hope they’ll all come to their senses and stop. I know they’re not Edward or Bella, but it would have been nice to imagine that they would have made responsible choices like the beloved characters.

25. I’m considering drafting a strongly-worded letter to Summit regarding New Moon’s budget. Especially given that Chicago Sun-Times (via Twilight Source) is reporting that Kristen and Rob’s salaries will potentially be as high as $12 Million for the New Moon (a massive increase from the $2 Million each got for Twilight). Given that, I don’t see *any* way for the total budget to be anywhere in the vicinity of $30 Million.

26. I know IAM so GOING to CRY during NEW moon WHEN edward LEAVES :(. i CRY every TIME i READ new MOON.

27. Larissa, do you think that a fan letter to Summit is going to have any effect whatsoever on whether or not they give a bigger budget?! Ha! Sorry, but a million fan letters wouldn’t mean a thing to them. The underwriters and executives are the only ones they care about. You can throw all kinds of statistics and articles and petitions at them, and they won’t even blink…Come on, this is the film industry. Your letter will never even be read except by some secretary. It’s a sad fact because they need to listen to us fans, but it’s all about numbers and investors and all that crud.

28. Twifanatic Amanda says:

Wait I don’t understand. I bought my Twi-con ticket a month ago, does that mean that I get into the meet and greet?

29. LOL are they just like chillin’ in their hotel rooms?? lol

30. joost WAY TO BE NEGATIVE

31. Sunrise Star says:

I like Rob’s new hair cut. :) Way to rebel, dude.

32. Awww darn I would have loved to go to that! Either way they need to have more things going on higher up in the midwest (like wisconsin) WE GET NO LUVIN UP HERE!

33. Lestat, who? I Love the Cullen men says:

On a completely unrelated note, does anyone know where I can download the sheet music for “Bella’s Lullaby” for free? Thank you.

34. 2nd Bella Cullen says:

OMG that was awsome!!!!!!
    Jasper and Jacob
    get it……..J and J………..hahahhaha
    lol
    i didnt mean that guys so…….
    but really they did a good interview!!!
    But look at me i havent even seen the movie yet and i m so pissed!!!!
    but it isnt my fault coz……where i live…it hasnt even released yet so……aaaaarrrrrrr
    i m sooooo anoyed
    every1 has seen it!!!!!
    Only me who hasnt…………..

35. awwwwwwwwwwww i wasnt midnight sun……………..
    i just LOVE EDWARD CULLEN
    OBESSED MUCH?
    VERY

36. I WANT MIDNIGHT SUN

37. YAY!
    i can go to the convention!!!
    so exited!!!
    get to meet kellan!!!!, peter, mike, jason, and ashley!!!!!

38. JaspersFangirl says:

I LOVE YOU JACKSON!!!!

39. Devon061381 says:

Did anyone watch the interview with Rob at the bottom of the last page of the EW article? It’s hilarious! HA I love Rob.

40. Did anyone see this??

It makes me cringe. Summit is going to have to put a stop to this. It’s bad news when you are panned by the media for the first film in a franchise…

EEK! Lighten up Kstew, it’s part of the job.

41. malomar!!!!!!
    i just read it!!!!
    i cant believe kristen did that, and i can’t believe they have to beg for her to do interviews and stuff!!!

42. mikaela, how do you get tickets to the convention? Can you please tell me?

43. skylar devin says:

J, For tickets to TwiCon, go to http://www.twicon.org! And to twifanatic, you had to go and sign up for the meet and greet, but it is already filled. It was just easier for people who had already registered to sign up because all they had to do was add it to their registration instead of having to go through the registration process and then add it. So people who already registered could get first dibs, in other words.

44. I watched Twilight again!And it felt better than last time!

45. oh my frickin god! i read that article, Malomar, I CAN NOT BELEIVE KRISTIN!!! i have to say, i didnt really like her to begin with, but OH MY GOD! i cant beleiv this!