Jack’s Mannequin Update at Stephenie’s site

The video that Stephenie worked on for Jack’s Mannequin is now posted at Stephenie Website.  Congrats to her on all her hard work!

Comments

1. iluvtwilight says:

wow.. it’s pretty AWESOMEE! :]]

2. Wow, I love it! Stephenie did an amazing job, that is a really cool concept for a video.

She is so talented. It is great that she is branching out and getting involved with new things.

3. That video was GREAT!!! Wonderful job Stephenie.

4. I can’t watch it cause i live in cananda :( Anyone have a link that isnt MTV?

5. Team Twilight (formerly known as *Twilighter*) says:

I can’t watch it either Andrea :( I’m pretty sure that it’s awesome though. I’m hearing that there are mermaids in the video… Well I guess that makes sense since Steph has a thing for mermaids lol :) Youtube please!

6. Wow, that was great. Not quite what I expected, but the song is so great and I can see the meaning behind the video ^^
    The link to the video will probably be up within the next half an hour on youtube. Not by me, though, I’m tired of youtube yelling “Copyright Infringement” at me >.>

7. oh my gosh that was awesome.

8. Come to think of the mermaids, didn’t Stephenie say that she had a story idea for them? Maybe this is some sort of reflection of that.

9. Vampire-in-Training says:

Wow! that was really good! not expected.. but awesome!

10. Gahh someone needs to post it on youtube! It’s quite a shame anyone outside of the US can’t view it :(

11. proud_twihard says:

I like the concept, but the execution was rather poor.

12. i love it.

i’ve seen some people on other sites saying the story is hard to follow/nonexistent, but i find it perfectly easy to follow.

13. Youtube :D!

14. Amy Gilbertson says:

Wow, that was actually really good! I love the whole mood of the video, as well as the imagery. The story was subtle but I’m pretty sure people will get it, if they overlook the fact that it was created by SM (since shes now either uber-loved or uber-hated, it seems). I’m going to say it’s a success.

My only complaint is that I know the fin in the water is just a little dingy and since the fin was always in the same position in every shot, it was really obvious and started to bug me. I wanted more MERMAID!..but thats just me.

15. Awesome^^

16. wonderful! stephenie did an absolutely great job. :)

17. it reminded me of the dead marshes in lotr…interesting.

18. Well...Almost says:

I think the idea was a good one…even the non-traditional (let’s face it, kind of creepy-looking) mermaid at the end (is she supposed to be dead?). But there was far too little of mermaid “parts” to create an adequate build up to what I assume was intended to be a dramatic ending. The distant, stationary tail fin breaking up long stretches of our blond protagonist vigorously hammering on his sand-surrounded piano and bearing his teeth for the camera simply is not sufficient to create a cohesive whole.

19. Well,this really sucks!I can’t watch it either because the video isn’t accessible in Canada.And I see everyone praising it.
    I just feel like crying.

20. Cool beans

21. Oh,sorry!Thanks so much Tina!Sorry,I didn’t see your link before.

I watched it and I loved it.That was great.

22. jenni_elyse says:

She finally got to have a mermaid! :lol: ;) I really liked the video. Good job, Stephenie, and congratulations! :D

23. its a cool clip
    but i dont get what it has to do with the song
    i just like the hearts on the sand and the waves

24. Beautiful… Except the fin in the water always being in the same position :-)

25. This is yet another youtube request from a Canadian… please help.

26. LOVE IT

=)

27. Claire Ateara says:

Hmmm… Mermaids… Didn’t Stephenie say like multiple times that her next project would be about mermaids? Is anyone else sensing a connection here???

Hmmm….

As a music video, it was pretty good. Not the best, but the concept was cute.

Anyway, we still love you, Steph! PLEASE PUBLISH MIDNIGHT SUN!!! (I’m not letting that go, lol)

28. Hmm, not sure I follow the storyline there. The video was alright, good for Steph for branching out like this.

29. I think STephanie did an excellent job, I really loved the song and her storyline!

30. ATTENTION LEXICON – there’s a pic up of robert on perezhilton.com under the title “completely gratuitous.” i think it has now moved to page 3. you may already know, but just in case you don’t, here you go! i’m not sure if you’ll even see this, but whatev! love you all!

and congrats stephenie!

31. Mary Alice Cullen says:

The video was okay i guess but not at all my style.

32. 2nd Bella Cullen says:

hey that is so coooool
    i wil watch it rite now
    cya

33. I loved the video!!! It was really good!! I loved the mermaid!!!! congrats stephenie!!!!!!

34. Wow, great job, Stephenie! I sort of thought the whole was a base on what her next story is going to be about. Like this is a sneak preview.

35. Way to go Stephenie! this video was awesome! I saw it on t.v. twice this morning and thought it was really good!

36. That was really cool. Stephenie did so good!

37. edwardcullenlove says:

YAY!
    go steph : )

38. I wish you got to see more of the tail then same little flailing thing and then a dead mermaid at the end. But I liked the over all concept stephenie came up with, just not how the director portrayed it!

39. I wish there had a little bit more explanation of the mermaid but overall I loved it!

40. I do not understand this video…
    It’s good…good settings, but I don’t understand it.

41. I like the video as some people say, its cool that Stephenie is branching out, that way we get more of her, lol!!!

42. Wow! Great Job Stephenie. I loved the video.. I am one of those who hates to watch a video to a song that I really like because it can really ruin the song, but this video was very well done…

43. I wouldn’t have understood the video if SM hadn’t explained it. All I saw of the mermaid was a tail fin. I didn’t get that it was the mermaid chasing after the guy. If I had never heard SM description, I would have thought that was a dolphin or something. Then at the end, I was like, is that girl dead or something in the water? Didn’t understand the point to that. I would have never put the two together (that the tail fin and the girl were one) if … again … I hadn’t heard SM description.

I think I liked her description better than the direction and imagery of the MV.

But the song is awsome. I’m glad SM had a part in it!!

44. Midnight_Sunshine says:

That was so cool! Very beautiful music video. I was also wondering if this had anything to do with her next project? It’s not like most people just think “Oh Mermaids!” when they hear this song…

45. WOW! that was really cool! I really liked the song!! And the video was amazing!!

46. it sucked :( i was expecring way more

47. kevin dude give her a break its her first time as a video director. it was good!

48. she did so great with this! i’ve always loved jack’s mannequin, and now them with stephenie…it just keeps on getting better!

49. I bet people wouldn’t be judging nearly so harshly if they didn’t know it was SM. :) I feel really bad for her honestly. If I were her I would crawl into a hole of sorts and not come out for at least 5 years. I wouldn’t be able to handle the unnecessary grief she’s getting.

50. Beautiful song, great video. :)