In the News

Twilight may be the catalyst for change in India, or so says an article on the Bookseller.

If you are looking for a good way to track books there are two online groups that are leading the charge:

Shelfari lets you actually build a virtual book shelf, among other features,  that you can then incororate on you your blog (software permitting).

Goodreads, like Shelfari, lets you track friend’s recommendations and more.

Comments

1. yay, India ia my home country, it’s great to know that they’ve been bitten over there too! Come on International Release Date for the Movie!

2. JulesCullen says:

Oooo, I might just have to join one of those… the virtual book shelf might be cool.

3. I LOVE goodreads. It’s so addictive and have my list of books that I want to read so incredible long :D There are also TONS of Twilight groups there I can also say. I’ve never tried selfari though :|

4. I am on shelfari, I LOVE, LOVE LOVE it. You can click on my site and check out the widget at the bottom of the page. I there are people from India, Asia, Iceland, England, Canada, all over the world online! For groups, there are groups, challenges, games, author groups, writer groups and on and on.

5. I like using http://www.listal.com because it lets you do more than just books in one site.

6. Harryfan20 says:

Yeah! I like Goodreads!

7. jenni_elyse says:

I am on Shelfari and I love it! I had made an Excel spreadsheet to keep track of all the books I wanted to read and now I don’t need to! Plus, I can talk about and discuss my books with others as well as get recommendations! It’s a great site! I highly recommend it!

8. I’m another Goodreads fan!!

9. Team Twilight (formerly known as Twilighter) says:

Hey!! Bellaandedward.com said that Borders interviewed the main actors/actresses from twilight. I recommend you watch it:

10. La-cantante says:

Ooh, yeah! Shelfari is great! I’ve got one, and I love it!

11. does either shelfari or goodreads have a limit on how much books are in your shelves? Like do you have to pay to get put more books in?

12. CoolsocksSam says:

i signed up for shelfari, its awesome =D

13. Aven – I don’t know about shelfari but I know that goodreads have no limit as everything is free :) I’m pretty sure shelfari is the same.

Btw, although I have never used them there are two more books-shelfing communities like goodreads and shelfari, such as ‘Books iRead’ and ‘aNobii’.

14. I see…thanks Dazzled :)

15. jenni_elyse says:

Shelfari is free. I have almost 700 books on my shelf and I haven’t had to pay anything. I know there are users with other 3000 books on their shelf and they don’t pay anything eiter.

I used Books iRead on Facebook and I don’t like it as much, but it’s still a nice tool!

16. Joanne Maria says:

I have been on Goodreads and I love it.

17. Shelfari is exactly what I’ve been looking for. Thank YOU.

18. JulesCullen says:

Thanks for putting this up… I just got a Shelfari account. I’m “Julie v” on there and you go down to the 11th person if you search that. I don’t have any friends :( anybody want to friend me?

19. xKatieXCullenx says:

Wow both Shelfari and Goodreads sounds awesome. I think I may have to join since I love reading so much!

20. http://www.shelfari.com/broken-mirror
    Feel free to add me on shelfari

21. Saiyachick says:

Both Twilight and Kellan Lutz were talked about on TV Guide’s 411.

22. Saiyachick says:

Also, how in the world is Twilight a catalyst for change for India?

23. little-freak says:

i just got an account on shelfari it’s so funny! i love it
    jules, i’ve just added you (i haven’t got friends there either, at least until now)

24. JulesCullen says:

Hey little-freak, I’ve added you too!

25. I just got an account to on shelfari:) No freinds though so feel free to add me if you want http://www.shelfari.com/lockandkey

26. Team Twilight (formerly known as Twilighter) says:

MTV put up an article. Team Bella or Team Hermoine? In my opinion I thought that the artcle was unecessary. Why? Because a) they are comparing Harry Potter and Twilight AGAIN and b)they interviewed people that were saying Bella wasn’t a role model and that Hermoine was better. Wasn’t MTV supposed to be promoting Twilight? Not putting it down?? MTV please stop putting up articles like that. I still love you guys <3 No hard feelings, okay?? :)

27. Team Twilight (formerly known as Twilighter) says:

Hey!! Look what I found:

A new pic of Kristen Stewart from Vanity Fair!! She’s very pretty in this pic :)

28. http://psa.blastmagazine.com/2008/08/16/twilight-sucks-and-not-in-a-good-way/

^Brilliant look at Twilight. 5-stars all the way.

29. Team Twilight (formerly known as Twilighter) says:

Mary????????? If you thought that review was pro-Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse and Breaking Dawn then you’re wrong. That is a NEGATIVE review of the books. I totally disagree with that article. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion though. Even though some of those opinions are…. what’s a good word? Baloney! Ya baloney! Sorry but I don’t like that article at ALL.

30. I have a shelfari Account! Just search Sandra X thats me lolz

31. Mary that article was horrible!!! I mean all for opinion but it was kind of harsh!

32. JulesCullen says:

Mary, obviously you aren’t a Twilight fan. This is a Twilight fansite. I think almost every other person on here would disagree with that article. If you don’t like the Twilight Saga, then maybe this isn’t really the place for you. (No offense. That’s just my opinion.)

33. jenni_elyse says:

I joined Goodreads and between it and Shelfari, I like Shelfari better. However, they are book great sites! I just wanted to pass on my recommendation.

34. hey how can i discuss breaking dawn w/ u all?
    am i the only one who cant believe bella got pregnant?

35. myspace has a app for shelfari.Both are free.You can even link both shelfs.It’s really cool.
    Here’s my shelf:http://www.shelfari.com/aquafairy94

1. [...] the original post on Twilight Lexicon Share and Enjoy: These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and [...]