Twilight Tuesday

Stephenie teams up with Blue October for what can only be called the COOLEST book signing tour in history!  For more details, pop on over to MTV’s blog where Blue October front man Justin Furstenfeld talks about his involvement with the tour and possibly writing Twilight inspired music.

Tour dates:

August 1st - New York City, Nokia Theater at Times Square

August 5th - Chicago, Harris Theater

August 7th – Los Angeles, Royce Hall

August 12th – Seattle, Benaroya Hall

More information on ticketing to come.  Use the threads above to begin planning your meet ups in these areas.  And before the upheaval begins, yes we know there are only 4 signing dates.  And yes, that will be it for now as there are no other dates planned at this point.  These are HUGE venues.  The Theater seating capacities range from 1,588 on the smallest to 2,500 at the largest.

This type of signing has never been done before!  This is an unprecedented event – history in the making.  Please remember that Stephenie is one person and that she has already done one big tour this year!  Stephenie reminded us of this on her website.  She even gave a hint that she is trying to find a way so that no one will miss out on the fun.

I’ve toured extensively in the past three years and I need to scale it back for my own mental and physical health. Don’t panic, though — if I’m not coming anywhere close to your town, we’re working on a way to make sure everyone can see the fun of the Breaking Dawn events!                             ~Stephenie

Explanation of the New York signing bookplate:

The New York signing will indeed take place before the release of Breaking Dawn.  Little Brown is making allowances for this by supplying Bookplates to those in attendance.  A book plate is a sticker, like the author signed one in this picture,  that can be placed in your copy of Breaking Dawn once you have purchased it later that weekend.

Comments

1. yessss
    finally something in NYC 8DD
    time to skip volunteer work :’DDD

2. LA HECK YEA I AM SO THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Blue October!!!!!!!!!!!!!! COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Melody aka dhfreak says:

Yay… LA …. I can’t wait.. and yay.. I will be out of school…. awesomeness… i am so exited….

4. [sigh]

I wish just once Stephenie would have a signing in a major Canadian city like Toronto or BC. Canadians are constantly left out of the loop and though I wish I could, I’m not going to be able to travel to New York.

I know it’s not Stephenie’s fault, but I really wish that the individuals who organize her tours would remember Canada in their planning as well.

[pout]

5. I am so bummed SM is not coming to my stomping grounds!

I keep trying to figure ways to get to one of the venues because who doesn’t love a SM/Blue October sandwich.

6. eeeeeeeeeeeeee!
    I live in ohio but my family will be on fire island (off the coast of long island) on august first, so we’ll be sooo close to NYC. I really hope my parents let me go. It would be so amazing. I’ve never been to a twilight book signing or even a release party, so this is *sob* basically my last chance. I repeat, eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! :-)

7. YAYYYYY!!!!

august 1st is my birthday so i will definitely be begging my mom to take me to the city : )

8. hmm…Im in FL…well, looks like I’ll be paying a visit to Chicago! I dont know what she has planned for the future so this kinda feels like my last chance.

9. Katie-O-Matie says:

AHHHH!!! I live 20 minutes away from seattle!!! *jumps up and down* I’ll have to call in sick *cough cough* to work that day. EEEEE!!!

10. tusmørke says:

Yaay, i love blue october…..But what about MUSE!?

11. what ever happened to texas??? or anywhere in the south?? come on blue october is from dallas!!! *sighs* im do sad now lol

12. CHICAGO HERE I COME!!!!!!!!!!
    I have no clue who Blue October is, but…Stephenie! Yay!

13. gonnabcrazi says:

ugh. i would go to nyc but i’m at camp all that time arround there. The camp is in new york, but not anywhere near the city. thats why i already ordered bd off amazon to be sent to me at camp!

but i hope everyone that goes has fun!

14. In reality i am much more angry than how i sound below, but i’m too bummed right now.
    :( :( :( :( :(
    It totally stinks that i won’t be able to go to any of the signings(not even the new york one), and, that those of you who do go to the New York one can’t have her sign the book itself. that is sooo unfair to you guys!

15. sincerely, twilight says:

I am seriously disappointed with this tuesday’s twiligh tuesday…

16. Twilighter says:

I’m so mad right now!!! I wanna go but I don’t live anywhere near there! Today’s twilight tuesday was a huge disappointment :(

17. I don’t live anywhere near those places…i live in TEXAS

and anyway, how can everybody join in on the fun if we dont get to participate…=retarded

18. Nikolas says:

Ok.

Here’s the thing.

Stephenie got where she is now by her fans, and a signing is the way that she should be able to give back to us, by giving us a chance to meet her.

But by only going to FOUR cities with each tour? Doesn’t she know how much that will upset her fans? If this is her last book for a while, then I think she SHOULD do a bigger tour, because after that, she won’t have to do another one for another year or two, probably two if she plans on taking a break.

And that’s the thing I still don’t understand a bit. A BREAK? I’m really not sure what she means by that. Is she still going to be writing, but writing without deadlines? Or is she just going to go a full while without writing at all?

I mean, I don’t mean to sound rude or anything, I love Stephenie’s books, but they wouldn’t continue to be published if it weren’t for the fans buying them, and having more than FOUR tour dates would be a way to reward the fans.

So…really what I’m hoping is that she is just doing four with Blue October, and then doing a few SMALLER ones without them.

I don’t mean to put Stephenie down or anything, I love her work, I’m just trying to get a point across.

19. KATIEKAT says:

that amazing
    i WILL be at the nyc signing if i have to walk there myself.
    i cannot believe that she’s actually coming this close to me.

i live in upstate newyork. this is amazing.

my mom’s all “well, you’re going ot a concert the week after so no.”

i’ll convince her.

20. Sara Marie says:

I’m so excited for Stephenie to come back to Seattle!! I will be purchasing my ticket a.s.a.p.!!

21. NOOOOOOOO! I LIVE IN SEATTLE BUT I’M GOING TO BE IN ALASKA OF ALL PLACES THAT WEEK!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Why can’t Sephenie come one week earlier?????!!!!!! Why???? I’m going to be in Alaska on a cruise from the 9th to the 16th, meanwhile, Stephenie is going to be thrity minutes from where I live! This is horrible! *cries*

22. …And what’s more is I go to Benaroya ALL the time for concerts and what not. This is sooooooooo unfair.

23. ROAD TRIP TO SEATTLE!!!

24. Jessica_Cullen says:

Is the Royce Hall in UCLA?!?!?!? Please tell me where its at! :)

25. Yup!! It’s at UCLA! Awesome, I’m a student there – hope I don’t have to work that night!!

26. Jessica_Cullen says:

YAY!!!! I am so going! YAY! :) woohoo! i just asked my parents and they said yes!!!!! YAY! *Hyperventilating* :)

27. Anyone have the interview on youtube? Please!

28. YEAAAAH! I live about 40 minutes outside Seattle so I am SO going!

29. love2dream says:

Hmmm…working on a way to make sure all the fans get to see the Breaking Dawn Goodness…
    …me thinks MTV might air a concert live???…
    *crosses fingers and gets ready to set the TIVO*
    (make sense that they would wait until the tickets sell out before they announce it too)…hmm Please, oh, Please! that would be the only way I could see this tour!

30. *cries* There’s only 4 stops!? And they’re each 2000 miles away! Seriously…not fair! *stamps foot* And it’s Blue October and Stephenie Meyer! I love Blue October! How could I miss this? *sob* I feel like im letting Stephenie down by not coming! Must…make it…to…tour.

Oh who am I kidding…im only 14, there’s no chance. Depressed…I feel like a mopy teenager.

31. ITS GOING TO BE ON TV!! JUST READ HER QUOTE!!! THT IS SO OBVIOUS!! AHHHH!

32. bettingonalice357 says:

Does anybody know what time it starts in NYC??? Is there anywhere on MTV that says specific times yet?

I AM SOo EXCITED! I LOVE BLUE OCTOBER. I’M DRIVING SIX HOURS FROM NH TO GO TO THIS.

I SERIOUSLY LOVE STEPHENIE RIGHT NOW!! (more than usual haha)

33. Omigod…Sorry, but who cares that stephenie will be there..BLUE OCTOBER BABY!! >~W

34. bettingonalice357 says:

what do you mean “who cares that Stephenie will be there”? That is kind of the point of a BOOK signing…

I love Blue October as well so thats just an amazing added bonus for me!

35. I sooo can’t wait!
    I agree with bettingonalice357. I love the fact that Stephenie Meyer is going to be there and Blue October IS an added bonus!!!
    Good thing I live near Chicago b/c my parents would never fly somewhere JUST for this.

36. MRS.EdwardCullen says:

yeeeup nothing exciting ever happens in canada :(
    this sounds really ungrateful i know…but ive seriously been waiting all week (yes it was a VERy stressful week…) for twilight tuesday hoping to see more footage from the film…and i get this cool thing but i cant attend or w/e
    was really hoping for something…ultra awesome…not that this isnt but..
    only 4 stops?
    sorry ..

37. I hate living in gallup new mexico NOTHING ever happens here, let alone in new mexico period.

38. It sucks how lucky I am to live in LA (not central LA though) and yet not have the opportunity of even getting close enough to going. While other Twilighters out there would kill for this. This sucks rotten eggs!!! I want to go so bad!! grr. But my parents are too lazy and insensitive to take me. =[

39. I so going :)
    Im around 6 hours from Chicago
    But I do not care I am so going
    It will be my first time going to one of her signings
    I am SO excited
    :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

40. Lol, no Australia? :( -again…-

41. ok kay so i really want to go to the one in los angeles

on ticket master it says that tickets for that event will go on sale on THURSDAY 06/12/08 @ 10:00 AM

LINK: http://www.ticketmaster.com/artist/1230773/?search_redirect=Breaking%20dawn%20concert&tm_link=tm_header_search

42. your welcome!!!! :D (if its right)

I’M SO EXCITED I CAN’T WAIT!!!!!! :D :D :D

great one more thing i have to wait for… lol =P

43. wow i just realized that i could have kept that to myself…. (the time they sell tickets)

aren’t you guys glad i’m not like evil? lol

but yeah….i wonder if i can i go to school late that day…

hmmm…i’ll only be like 3 hours late…. not that bad

hehehehe =D

44. oh and not completely sure about the date…. that is what ticket master said..ummmm just wait a real confirmation… don’t go skipping stuff(school) until you’re sure =P

45. beautiful swan says:

Okay, How can she not come to her home twon?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I mean seriously! she wrote the book in that state!!!!

46. bettingonalice357 says:

Seattle, Chicago and LA are all listed on ticketmaster but I cant find NY? Has anyone seen it there?

47. Sarah (Is an HP girl through and through) says:

Well hmm… looks as if our dear author is playing up the HP fandom again. Theres a Harry Potter conference August 6-11th in Chicago. I doubt that stop was by accident. I’ll probably go anyways. lol

48. Sarah (Is an HP girl through and through) says:

Harris Theater says their tickets go on sale June 21st.

49. AHHHHHHHHH she is coming to new york!!
    omg i have to go!!!
    i am going no matter what!!

50. Omg that is so cool im freaking out right now im going to be in New York when she comes YAY