Twilight Tuesday

Stephenie teams up with Blue October for what can only be called the COOLEST book signing tour in history!  For more details, pop on over to MTV’s blog where Blue October front man Justin Furstenfeld talks about his involvement with the tour and possibly writing Twilight inspired music.

Tour dates:

August 1st - New York City, Nokia Theater at Times Square

August 5th - Chicago, Harris Theater

August 7th – Los Angeles, Royce Hall

August 12th – Seattle, Benaroya Hall

More information on ticketing to come.  Use the threads above to begin planning your meet ups in these areas.  And before the upheaval begins, yes we know there are only 4 signing dates.  And yes, that will be it for now as there are no other dates planned at this point.  These are HUGE venues.  The Theater seating capacities range from 1,588 on the smallest to 2,500 at the largest.

This type of signing has never been done before!  This is an unprecedented event – history in the making.  Please remember that Stephenie is one person and that she has already done one big tour this year!  Stephenie reminded us of this on her website.  She even gave a hint that she is trying to find a way so that no one will miss out on the fun.

I’ve toured extensively in the past three years and I need to scale it back for my own mental and physical health. Don’t panic, though — if I’m not coming anywhere close to your town, we’re working on a way to make sure everyone can see the fun of the Breaking Dawn events!                             ~Stephenie

Explanation of the New York signing bookplate:

The New York signing will indeed take place before the release of Breaking Dawn.  Little Brown is making allowances for this by supplying Bookplates to those in attendance.  A book plate is a sticker, like the author signed one in this picture,  that can be placed in your copy of Breaking Dawn once you have purchased it later that weekend.

Comments

1. *Twilight* says:

AHHHHH!!!!! I can’t believe she is coming to Chicago!!!!! I am so happy. I get to go and see her =) GO CHICAGO!!!!!

2. It’s totally awesome what she’s doing but it kind of disappointed me a bit.. i thought she was touring with Rob or with Kristen.. but it’s still amazing.

3. Dancergirl says:

I live about six hours away from Chicago! But what time does it start and where can I get tickets and how much do they cost?

4. That is sooooo cool! What a great idea!

Dancergirl – they haven’t announced where to get tickets yet, but they will be $20. I wish I could go!!!!

5. NicoleLovesEdward/Rob says:

*sigh* I wish she would be doing something in the south… and I used to live SO CLOSE to NYC and NOW she goes there…could they at least done a signing in each region of the US?? :( oh well, at least they are trying to make it possible for everyone to see it. I hope they find a way!!

6. OMG!!!! This is sooo cool, I live sooo close to NY, I live in Northern Jersey and the city is like 2 hours away..I am sooo going to see Stephenie Meyer in August, I can’t wait, I am gunna beg my parents to take me up there.

7. Liz marie says:

I live close to Philly, roughly 2 hours from New York City so Im ECSTATIC!!!!! But when do tickets go on sale!? Today?

8. OMG CHICAGO..YAY

9. Dancergirl says:

Thanks Linz!

10. JasmineCullen says:

I live in Toronto and won’t be able to make it to NY that weekend because I’m on vacation with the fam…..I think it’d be really cool if this was a Televised Event on MTV tho….Do you think that’s why they released it on MTV so that it can be done LIVE on August 1st?….that’d be SWEET!!!

11. HOLY CRAP! Royce Hall?!!!!!! Yes!!! I will definitely be there no matter what!

12. OMG! Blue October is my FAVORITE band of all time. And to team up with Steph! I’m having a heart attack.

13. RainyForks says:

You Americans quit complaining about there being only four tour dates. We UK fans don’t get any!!!

14. Evanescence says:

Yess!!! Shes coming to Chicago!!!! I live in Milwaukee myself but Chicagos only like 1 hr away!! My parents better let me go!!!!!!!!!!!

15. noooo!! She’s not coming anywhere near me!!!
    I really wanna see Steph…and Blue October!!

16. Are they going to do a song for the movie ? :S

17. Clairbear:

what do u mean i hope she is coming to england again ?? when did she come last ?

i didnt even no she has come to the uk before ??? but i agree i wish she would come again coz no matter what aprt of the UK she went i would defo go and see her !!

18. I kinda was hoping she would have a show with Muse. That would have been so boss.

19. AAHHHH!!! SHE’S NOT COMING TO ST.LOUIS!!! SHE DIDN’T EVEN COME HERE FOR HER HOST TOUR!!!! WHAT IS THIS???????????

20. Claribel says:

WOW Blue October and Stephenie Meyer exciting!!!
    and limited edition bookplate for us new yorkers. that´s nice since we won´t have Breaking Dawn by then.
    screw the midnight release parties I´d much rather attend a mini lil concert and meet stephenie meyer. weeee

21. she has got a family ;)
    so.. she can’t do every big city in the world ^^
    She isn’t coming to germany… what should i say :D
    I hope i can see it on tv …

but you guys who can go there… have fun :)

22. Actually, I dont’ think this is the largest tour ever. Carnegie Hall seats almost 3,000 people, so the JK Rowling’s last tour would have been the biggest tour.

Anyways, woot! I hope I can make it to one.

23. AmandaMarie says:

Im seriously depressed now. I forgot to go to her Eclipse tour in Cincy, now Ill never be able to see her =(

24. bronte_replay says:

I hope these events are really great & fun for Stephenie. she deserves something COOL!

I totally understand her only doing 4 stops. I’m sure she is close to beat after all the WORK she has been doing. Her family has let us borrow her quite a bit already.

Thank you Stephenie!

25. This is really cool! Everyone is complaining about the brevity of the tour but do you realize that one of your favorite authors is making history! I think it’s pretty awesome. And if they decide to televise it in some way or broadcast it via the net we’d all get to experience it. Blue October isn’t my favorite band (althought their live show isn’t bad) but that’s not really the point. Stephenie is doing something that no one else has done before. What author has ever toured with a rock band? Way to go Steph! I’m already envious of those of you who’ll will get to go! Have fun!

26. Dang. I can’t go! None of them are even near me! I don’t love blue october but I would go so I could see stephenie!

27. Twilighter Fanpire says:

Blue October is from Texas they should’ve came heeere!!!!!
    Noooo!!!
    I’ve seen Blue October two times (Edgefest) and they are really good live. But still that’s AWESOME!!!
    HAs any other author ever done this?? YAY Steph deserves it I hope that those who get to go have a rocking time and now I will go mope around the house cuz I can’t go to this freaking awesome tour :(!!!!!
    Hmm… I wonder what would’ve happened if it was Muse…( They’re also awesome and I got to see them!!)

28. THE twilighter. says:

I bet this song will make me cry :]
    so much songs are making me cry because they remind me of bella and edward.
    i have no idea why i start crying when i hear a song that fits them xD

29. Sheila J says:

awesome!!! I have to go to chicago now.

30. OMG!!!!! I can`t believe she`s coming to Choicago!!!!!!!! :D :D
    I`m so exited!!!!!!!
    And I love Blue October!! That song Hate Me fits Edward perfectly!! YAY!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

31. OMG!!!!! I can`t believe she`s coming to Chicago!!!!!!!! :D :D
    I`m so exited!!!!!!!

32. Sorry, I accidentally posted the same comment twice, but I am so exited!!!! :D

33. Awww, darn, so if you go to New York, you can’t acctually ahve her sign you’re Breaking Dawn book because it won’t be out yet… *sigh* Oh well, I still plan on begging my mom to buy me a ticket! =]

34. So I guess that no one knows about the south eastern part of the United States.

Sad day.

I could possibly live without seeing Blue October….but Stephenie? I do not think that is possible :(

35. YAY! I just asked my mom & she said I can go to the one at Nokia theater! I love my state right now! God Bless New York! But, is she signing her other book’s too, like for the host tour?

36. OMG!!! SEATTLE!!! OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG I CAN GO!!!!! I might faint, or cry, or ……

37. Elena Greenlake (Cullen) says:

i can go to the Chicago!!!! I love living near Chicago!!! I’m soo happy! and I can probably take notes and whatnot..

38. Mary Alice Cullen says:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH that would be cool if they music for Twilight it would be AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I love them. :)

39. bettingonalice357 says:

AHHHHHH NYC!!! YES YES YES YES!! I JUST HAD A FLIPPING PANIC ATTACK! I can’t beilive it! I just asked my mom and she said I could go!!! Holy CRUD! I’m practically crying!!

NYC!!!!

40. twilightobsessedddd says:

NYCNYCNYC THANK GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I NEED TICKETSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
    do you think that this will be a midnight release party?
    that would be pretty awesome

41. Ahh I’m so going to the one in Chicago!!!!

42. Anne-Joell says:

CHICAGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YEEEEESSSS! I’m SUPER Psyched!
    *W00T! W00T!*

43. Cassandra says:

Chicago here i come baby !!!!

My mom just gave the okay. Yesss!!!!

44. Melz Syndrome says:

Hmm..I’m torn now.

I can ACTUALLY GO to the New York signing..but then I was really pumped for our midnight party here in Philly..

It’s gonna be tough, unless the signing is like, not in the evening, then that’s a possibility but honestly, I’m quite torn. WHY DID IT HAVE TO BE AUGUST 1?! D:

45. I thought she was going to come to Canada!!! She has to support international fans tooo. When is she going to come to Vancouver?!?!

46. Once again us East Coasters get jipped. Its not fair!

47. ive never heard of blue october before so i searched them up on youtube and found a song called ”calling you” and i think it is soooooooo awesome and its liek edward is singing to bella lol it soooo amazing !!!

i sooo wish i could come :( but unless my mother would elt me fly half way around the world ( which i completely and utterly doubt ) then i think its rather impossible ….

48. too bad I live near D.C. :(

49. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE BLUE OCTOBER!!!!!!!!!!

50. YOUTUBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE