Solomon Trimble Presents “Honey Rose”

While on the set of the film Twilight in Portland, Oregon.  Solomon Trimble (cast as Sam Uley) treated us with a poem he had written – inspired by the love Sam has for his fiance, Emily Young.

‘Honey Rose’ by Solomon Trimble

A special thank you to Solomon for sharing this amazing poem with us.  He is beyond talented and we wish him all the best in his career to come.

To discuss Solomon’s casting in the film visit our message boards.

Comments

1. Jessica says:

Wow–that is so, so sweet of him to recite it for us. And what an awesome poem, too.

Thanks, Solomon!

2. tusmørke says:

aww, that was sweet

3. RainyForks says:

That’s really beautiful.

4. Quiero mi Lobo rojo says:

I REALLY LIKE SAM AND MY BROTHER SAID HE WAS AT THE PORTLAND SIGNING AND THAT A LOT OF PEOPLE GOT THERE PICTURE TAKEN WITH HIM!!! I HOPE SOME OF THEM GET DISPLAYED AND WE GET TO SEE THEM!

5. that was really sweet and beutiful!!

6. Aww, that was so sweet! That was amazing too. Good job Solomon!

7. behappyhewhispered says:

First…Sweet and Low is an AMAZING song…and the more I see of Solomon…the more he becomes the Sam I imagined. I’m soooo excited!
    THANK YOU LEXICON YOU GUYS ROCK!!!!!!!!

8. aww that poem was so sweet! :-D

9. RainyForks says:

I think he looks like Johnny Depp! Any takers on my theory?

10. NenaCullen says:

It is so cool to see that the actors are getting into their roles seriously. I think it was sweet for him to come up with a poem for emily from Sam’s pov. :)

11. That was fabulous! How talented is he, I admire people who can use words that way. Solomon is really talented, and I think the perfect Sam Uley.

12. LOVED the poem AND the song!!

13. AW! I loved it!

14. Marry me

15. christina says:

aww hehe how sweet ^_^

oh and love the song you chose,
    i love augustana!

16. Wow, hes got so much talent and passion. I love him as Sam. Thanks Solomon!

17. Oh my goodness! I never thought of him as particularly attractive until I heard him recite this. Any guy who will write a love poem about his acting love interest must do amazing things for his real-life love interest, right girls?

18. OMG I loved that! I wanna copy it down!

19. I love it! So beautiful!
    He is the perfect Sam!

20. If someone recited that to me I would fall in love instantly. What an amazing person, I’m so glad he’s Sam.

21. Sprtygal says:

I haven’t seen anything of Solomon other than the few pics the lex posted and this video makes me so excited to see him as Sam. What a cutie he is!

22. er…. TEAM SAM!!!! hahhah

too. much. hotness. in. this. movie….

that was awesome!!

23. hey guys seventeen has posted the 17 q’s rob answered!!! http://www.seventeen.com/dating/17-questions/

We saw it, thank you.  We ill post it in the evening news.  ~Admin

24. Alunamai says:

AWWWWWWWWWW! that was the most romantic poem on the planet!

25. christina says:

LMFAO THANK YOU CAROL
    SOME OF HIS ANSWERS SURPRISED ME AND MADE
    MY LAUGH SO MUCH XD

his celebrity crush is kristen stewart!
    omg omg omg i died when i read that XD

26. Quixotickvinne says:

RainyForks, I agree!
    It’s almost uncanny.

27. naww. i didnt catch half of it but the stuff i did was enough to make me swoon. i fully support soloman. he’s a rare soul.

28. edwardsloverr89 says:

yeaa that was pretty amazing. =]

29. Laurenforce says:

woah
    that was really good

30. Beautiful poem!! I really like Solomon! He seems like a wonderful person!

31. Sunrise Star says:

He seems like a really cool person. Very humble and artistic. He’s great for Sam.

32. Very Sweet poem.
    To rainyforks, He does not look like Johnny Depp, i have a about 8 posters of Johnny depp on my wall, and he does not look like him, just sayin ;)

33. He’s amazing. And adorable. Loved the poem. Thank you to Solomon (and Lex) for sharing that with us.

34. pawprint says:

That was so beautiful! So sweet! And he looked so good in the final shot, when it freezes!!! Somehow, just there, he looks more like the Jacob from my mind than Taylor… I like Solomon!

35. Woah, that was awesome.
    And, I agree with whoever said it above in the comments, he does kinda look like Johnny Depp. I think it’s his mouth, maybe?
    Thanks TL for the video!

36. amazing!

he’s going to be such a good sam :)

37. awww that poem was beauuutiful!!!
    He will make an awesome Sam!!

Btw, I love the song you chose!! They are one of my favs!!!
    Augustana rocks!!!!

38. SaraMarie says:

Awww…this is so beautiful! What a sweetheart.

39. Dancergirl says:

That was a beautiful poem! I loved it!

40. a little dirty? no?

41. It would be funny if they made a twilight musical.

42. Bloodlust says:

That’s so beautiful. And he’s really cute. I love his voice.

43. xKatieXCullenx says:

Same, Bloodlust. He is the perfect Sam, and I think that poem was absolutely breathtaking. :) Thanks, Solomon!

44. Elena Cullen says:

wow…..that’s pretty amazing! what an artist!

45. Speechless. How cute was THAT?

46. What did he say???
    I couldn’t hear him with the music and chatter in background.

47. Rainyforks-
    I half agree with you. hahaha.

48. 17 questions with robert on seventeen.com!!!!

49. Joanne Maria says:

That was really,really sweet. Thanks Sam and Lex…